Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! (21663 Views)

How Sijibomi Ogundele Became Billionaire At 33 / If You Were A Billionaire, Would You Donate Half Your Fortune To Charity? / Born Between 1974 And 1984? You Can Never Be A Billionaire! - Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by chamber2(m): 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2011
( I know someone that joins a company for NYSC in 1998 @ 21 and by 2004 had risen to become CEO of one of the Group's subsidiaries @ 27 yearsa

Boss, fear catch me here o. Just 6 yrs?

This is wonderment
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by kodewrita(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2011
Simple. For the next ten years, except maybe marriage, sex and food+ shopping, Dont do anything that doesnt connect to this goal (including surfing Nairaland).

Find a common need shared by people around you (that they will be willing to pay for) and turn it into a profitable business. Repeat every 6 months.

Best ideas involve you becoming a middleman in some way.  

Otedola--Diesel middleman.
Dangote -- Cement Middleman.
Sam Walton --Wholesale manufacturing middleman.  
Dell --Computer Parts Manufacturers middleman (he assembles components from other people).

All billionaires get there by using others effectively. Learn how to get jobs done with the aid of other people.

Read wide. Granted there are illiterate billionaires, but you will be amazed at their knowledge of the laws of the land (or  accounting or shares or real estate) when you speak to them (even if they cannot pronounce "haute couture" properly). Learn what the rich know---accounting, laws.

edit your friendships and draw closer to fast-moving friends (you may keep the other ones too but dont live like them).

Learn how to save.

spend on things that make money MORE than things that dont make money.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by saintbiddy(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
Think of what anyone is doing at the moment that is bringing a lot of profit,then find ways of how to do it better than them
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by dplordx(m): 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2011
Shame Nigerians dont even know the acres of gold underneath their feet. I am 29 and within 3 years Im hitting that spot and would start thinking of the Billionaire in terms of USD. Shame shame we cant get rid of that shallowness in all our mind beyond stealing, 419, superstition and lazy faith that hasnt done anything positive for us for a very long time. If the poster is really interested you could drop me an email here: dcommercegeek@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2011
dplordx:

Shame Nigerians dont even know the acres of gold underneath their feet. I am 29 and within 3 years Im hitting that spot and would start thinking of the Billionaire in terms of USD. Shame shame we cant get rid of that shallowness in all our mind beyond stealing, 419, superstition and lazy faith that hasnt done anything positive for us for a very long time. If the poster is really interested you could drop me an email here: dcommercegeek@gmail.com

Taahhhh! No swindle the guy angry angry
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by kulutempa: 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2011
Right, I've got another idea for the poster.  Why not write a book titled "How to become a billionaire at 36" and sell it in different languages on the  internet. cool

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Gbenge77(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2011
@op,how much are you worth at present?
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by buzugee(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2011
i dont think being a billionaire is something you ask God for simply because by being a billionaire, thousands of people have to become poor and desperate and hungry. This is something you ask the dark forces for. Having said that, if he sees your heart and sees you are a robin hood who wants to be a billionaire so as to redistribute the money to poor people ? then he will grant your request, but lets face it if your desires are to be a billionaire, then i doubt you have any noble intentions to give it away to needy people so i am guessing, you are going to have to consult the dark forces for this one here.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2011
buzugee:

i dont think being a billionaire is something you ask God for simply because by being a billionaire, thousands of people have to become poor and desperate and hungry. This is something you ask the dark forces for. Having said that, if he sees your heart and sees you are a robin hood who wants to be a billionaire so as to redistribute the money to poor people ? then he will grant your request, but lets face it if your desires are to be a billionaire, then i doubt you have any noble intentions to give it away to needy people so i am guessing, you are going to have to consult the dark forces for this one here.

Bad Guy. see analysis cheesy
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Decryptor(m): 5:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
shawonlese:

Don't demoralize the man with your story.  Used to say, is different from action.

Everything is possible, just believe.

I'm not demoralizing him. just telling him to cool things down. You think being a billionaire like that is easy? look at the present billionaires we have today, They did not just become billionaires like that. They started small; Michael Dell started Dell Corporation in his bedroom, Bill Gates started what is known to be microsoft today in his dormitory in high school. Little drops of water makes a mighty ocean. You dont just "sit down and believe". Hard work is the key.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by buzugee(m): 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2011
Βουκέφαλος:

Bad Guy. see analysis cheesy
i had to let the guyman see the error of his desires grin
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2011
kulutempa:

Right, I've got another idea for the poster.  Why not write a book titled "How to become a billionaire at 36" and sell it  in different languages on the  internet. cool

ROFLMAO. . .great idea OP !
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Tonjeola1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2011
“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” So believe, Take Action and Be Persistent. This my words for you!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by olapluto(m): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2011
1st step to being a billionaire: save your 1st thousand and make it produce another thousand. If you can do that, you can be a billionaire. Dont thing too big, think small, then build big. Dont expect to be a Dangote but just do things as they come. If you're destined to be a billionaire, things you touch will become gold. If not, you will run and run and only grow frustrated in the process.
However, I think its gross delusion to set out wanting to be a billionaire. Perhaps if you set out to do a little thing the best way, you can master it and convince the world about it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Serendipity: 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2011
@PS
I can detect flippancy in your post.
Worthy of note also is that your goal is more or less quixotic and unrealizable.
Nevertheless, greater percentage of the possibility of your realising your dreams within the stipulated time range depends on your present state or level which by extension has to do with your type of business, how lucrative it is, etc. It would also be asinine to think that you can make fortunes as a sachet water vendor or petty recharge card seller.
One other thing that stifles growth is having too much burden on your neck, say, making 20,000 monthly and having expenses or bills of 19,000 to foot which will prevent you from having savings and investing.
Cheers!
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by phreakabit(m): 6:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
Ask any Yoruba babalawo to make the type he makes for all those boys at Olabisi Onabanjo Uni for you. The only problem is that you will die in like 5 years, but thats not really bad is it?
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by jennifer74(f): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2011
Move to Zimbabwe where the average wage for a farm worker is 30 million dollars per month. A domestic worker makes about 150 million a month, and a laborer in one of Zimbabwe's decrepit factories can expect to earn as much as 300 million per month. You see, your dream of being a billionaire could be a reality sooner than you may think.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2011
phreakabit:

Ask any Yoruba babalawo to make the type he makes for all those boys at Olabisi Onabanjo Uni for you. The only problem is that you will die in like 5 years, but thats not really bad is it?
You don kolo. . .why not advice him to go to OKIJA shrine where all ibo politicians dey do their juju.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Wexelion(m): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2011
It's 100% possible,first of all what do you think you can do to achieve it? You said online business,yes you can go into online business but you must be creative and willing to bear the consequences.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by phreakabit(m): 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

You don kolo. . .why not advice him to go to OKIJA shrine where all ibo politicians dey do their juju.

Bros Okija shrine is no longer in existence, all the dibia them don turn born again. Na only Yoruba still dey supply pips with jazz , abi no be there you been wan carry me go last time?  
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by ceeplus(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2011
Pray for a powerful idea.one good idea can enable you to live like a king for the rest of ur life
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by freeman11(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2011
I like you mighty+. You have identified your core desire. Any other thing you do from is just a means to the end. The next thing to identify is wat you r good at. Then mail me at ditocang@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2011
phreakabit:

Bros Okija shrine is no longer in existence, all the dibia them don turn born again. Na only Yoruba still dey supply pips with jazz , abi no be there you been wan carry me go last time?  

Haba born again ke ?. . .you don see where Aboki dey carry dada for head or you don see fowl dey ask for tissue to go toilet ? Those priests don tey for industry,only death go fit take juju from their eyes even in death they still dey do their meeting for coven. grin
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by phreakabit(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Did you think of that quote while doing erhem (clears throat) ? tongue

Sorry for derailing the thread.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Connoisseur(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2011
the question is: Who doesnt
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by darqly(m): 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2011
Becoming a billionaire =EXPERIENCE + OPPORTUNITY.
EXPERIENCE= HARDWORK + HARDKNOCKS
OPPORTUNITY= The one in a million chance you have NO control over whatsoever.

My friend, you must become an EXPERT at something, anything(This takes 10,000hrs minimum, of dedicated practise). Secondly, the lines HAVE to fall for you in pleasant places and YOU must take the advantage at that precise moment. Many things/factors prepare us for a life of greatness, but we have no control of the vast majority of the ingredients. Use what you have, but be able to recognize your opportunity or it'll pass you by.
Read "OUTLIERS-The story of Success" by Malcolm Gladwell- Great stuff.
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by smallbz: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2011
nairalanders, una dey try! see response! This has got to be one the most hilarious threads on this forum.

@OP a few ideas have already been put through. YI will reiterate some:
If you truly want to help the needy you will not wait until you are a billionaire, start small even if its only one person you can help.
Dream bug but start small. Whatever your hands find to do (legal), do well
Get mentors who are going where you are or are already there.

No impossible dream gets into this world.If you can conceive it, then you can do it!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2011
At poster how many millionair$ are on Nairaland talk more of billionair$ na jobless/half jobless people and students full Nairaland lol go to forbes
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2011
Ucheosefoh:

At poster how many millionair$ are on Nairaland talk more of billionair$ na j[b]obless/half jobless people [/b]and students full Nairaland lol go to forbes
O boy you wicked o anyways which job you sef dey do ?
Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by phreakabit(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

O boy you wicked o anyways which job you sef dey do ?

Probably a self employed mechanical engineer A.K.A Mechanic

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by Nairaboi(m): 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2011
@ op, become a Millionaira first now my Guy , b4 we enta Billonaira levels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Did You Save In 2017? / Explosion Hit Calabar CBN / * Start A Very Lucrative Business With N5k ONLY !! Make 5k-13k profit daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.