Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 (83133 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2012
Evra might get into trouble for his post-match celebrations. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2012
Team captain celebrates a derby win in his own stadium, in front of his own supporters. Doesn't taunt away fans or away players. If d FA dare charge Evra then they are incredibly stupid. But seeing what I just wrote I expect they will then.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
, I'm sure Kenny Dalglish won't let this die.
The little weasel will keep moaning like the b.itch that he is and complain about Evra.
The FA migh also want to get interested in the fall-out. . .
By the way, I noticed Rio snubbed Suarez after the Evra incident. . .
This shaking thing is unnecessary in my view. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2012
StarBoard:

there's no rule that says a player cannot celebrate  his team's victory!
we have watched over the years arsenal celebrating their victory after the match with gallas and the african troops dancing makossa.
evra was celebrating in front of his own fans - liverpool players got involved in something that has nothing to do with them.

but the man of the match today is emmanuel eboue. . . .some of his tweets have been world class.

Celebrate!!! celebrate!!! It is ur right to celebrate evra
You won the battle against racism.
You on top of the table.
celebrate Evra

Luiz Suarez contribution on the game so far was not shaking hands. . . .racist fool . . . .he can shake my arse next time he sees me. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 4:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
Eboue is lucky he is no longer in England. He would be charged for his tweets.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by IYANGBALI: 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2012
StarBoard:

says who?abeg leave the boy jor tongue tongue tongue tongue
coogar:

there's no rule that says a player cannot celebrate  his team's victory!
we have watched over the years arsenal celebrating their victory after the match with gallas and the african troops dancing makossa.
evra was celebrating in front of his own fans - liverpool players got involved in something that has nothing to do with them.

but the man of the match today is emmanuel eboue. . . .some of his tweets have been world class.

You on top of the table.
celebrate Evra

Luiz Suarez coarse that big? ntribution on the game so far was not shaking hands. . . .racist fool . . . .he can shake my arse next time he sees me. . .
is your arse that big?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2012
we played well , twas an all round gud performance . . . .rooney on point wit his brace . . . . . .scholes was gr8 too
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

there's no rule that says a player cannot celebrate his team's victory!

You on top of the table.
celebrate Evra

Luiz Suarez contribution on the game so far was not shaking hands. . . .racist fool . . . .he can shake my arse next time he sees me. . .
If the FA can punish someone for celebrating in front of the away fans over a goal scored on his home turf,I see no reason for them to surprise me and ignore the matter.
Especially when Evra came close to Suarez.Since they punish folks for the slightest things, I'll be surprised if it wasn't mentioned.
I'm not saying they should.Far from it.
I'm saying the FA have a history of nit-picking and punishing players for every little incident they judge as unacceptable.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Effiko(m): 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2012
drifting away from the suarez drama

Is it jst me or is it dat J.Evans has changed his ideas ? . . . .dude's bin playing well lately
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by MrTA(m): 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2012
Effiko:

drifting away from the suarez drama

Is it jst me or is it dat J.Evans has changed his ideas ? . . . .dude's bin playing well lately

Yes, lately he's been good. I tend to have a bit more control over my bowels these days when I see him in the lineup.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2012
Mr_TA:

Yes, lately he's been good. I tend to have a bit more control over my bowels these days when I see him in the lineup.

Evans have really improved, I used to make a mockery of the guy months ago that he should have continued with his college degree since he had all A's in his GSCE, Seems he has proven me wrong
And to all residence analyst don't let us 4 get Carrick, Dude has been magnificent in recent week
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Mobinga: 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

there's no rule that says a player cannot celebrate  his team's victory!

You on top of the table.
celebrate Evra

Did you even see the incident?

Suarez didn't want to shake Evra, Evra was dragging his hands, who was wrong?

If someone doesn't want to shake you, let him be. Don't go struggling for his arms like everything is green and rosy, most especially when you were the core personality involved in him getting a two-month long ban.

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by adebayo201: 6:13pm On Feb 11, 2012
IYA NGBALI:

says who?abeg leave the boy jor tongue tongue tongue :Pis your arse that big?
grin cant b compare 2 ur own u knw tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dipo1: 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2012
Rio Ferdinand is dumbest of the lot. Deciding not to shake Suarez shows Rio himself is not worthy of being called an advocate of peace. Just has Rio said he lost all respect for Suarez because he didnt want to shake Evra's hand, I have lost all respect for Rio.
A eediot he is
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dipo1: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
Rio Ferdinand is dumbest of the lot. Deciding not to shake Suarez shows Rio himself is not worthy of being called an advocate of peace. Just has Rio said he lost all respect for Suarez because he didnt want to shake Evra's hand, I have lost all respect for Rio.
A eediot he is
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2012
Rafael is playing like he did last season before injuries crippled him. He really is making his case as d no1 rb for United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2012
dipo+:

Rio Ferdinand is dumbest of the lot.  Deciding not to shake Suarez shows Rio himself is not worthy of being called an advocate of peace. Just has Rio said he lost all respect for Suarez because he didnt want to shake Evra's hand, I have lost all respect for Rio.
A eediot he is

you are a complete nitwit!
ferdinand waited to see if suarez would shake evra, suarez did not and ferdinand also declined to shake the racist, same as danny welbeck.
in fact, all the united players that shook hands with suarez are complete half-wits like yourself. . . . .

why should rio shake a racist?
his brother was involved in another racism incident, his team-mate as well and rio is also a black man.
full marks to rio for not shaking suarez.

Mobinga:

Did you even see the incident?

you are a bumbling oaf.
i would not even reduce myself in engaging you when football matters are concerned. . . .

StarBoard:

If the FA can punish someone for celebrating in front of the away fans over a goal scored on his home turf,I see no reason for them to surprise me and ignore the matter.
Especially when Evra came close to Suarez.Since they punish folks for the slightest things, I'll be surprised if it wasn't mentioned.
I'm not saying they should.Far from it.
I'm saying the FA have a history of nit-picking and punishing players for every little incident they judge as unacceptable.

yes, gary neville celebrating before the away fans can incite riots in the stadium - it's an unsporting behaviour.
evra celebrating a victory before his own fans on the home turf isn't illegal. . . . .it's in his own rights to celebrate as he pleases.
everything that happened today was suarez's fault - if he had shaken evra, the matter would have ended there. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by RuuDie(m): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
I whole-heartedly agree with what Rio did. . . . .what sort of disrepect is that!!?
So, if Rio is not an advocate for peace, what does that make Suarez?
As far as I am concerned, Evra has shown today why he is UTD skipper. . . . . he offered his hand, if not for anything but at least to reduce whatever tension has been brewing. Is that what a 'reasonable' thinking human would or is supposed to do?
How I wish all the other UTD players were like Rio angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dipo1: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

you are a complete nitwit!
ferdinand waited to see if suarez would shake evra, suarez did not and ferdinand also declined to shake the racist, same as danny welbeck.
in fact, all the united players that shook hands with suarez are complete half-wits like yourself. . . . .

Suarez was wrong for shoving Evra's hands off, but one would expect more from a leader like Rio who should be setting good precedents and not committing the same offense we are hanging Suarez for on this occasion.
You can't expect credit for committing the same offense in retaliation as I believe there are more noble ways of expressing dissatisfaction.
Rio is a disgrace cos his actions have not done anything to ease the tension, but to worsen the bad blood.
You are welcome to disagree

coogar:

why should rio shake a racist?
his brother was involved in another racism incident, his team-mate as well and rio is also a black man.
full marks to rio for not shaking suarez.

So declining handshakes will make racists change?
If you think declining handshakes will be of more benefit to the fight against racism them you are not half as smart as Suarez
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2012
dipo+:

Suarez was wrong for shoving Evra's hands off, but one would expect more from a leader like Rio who should be setting good precedents and not committing the same offense we are hanging Suarez for on this occasion.
You can't expect credit for committing the same offense in retaliation as I believe there are more noble ways of expressing dissatisfaction.
Rio is a disgrace cos his actions have not done anything to ease the tension, but to worsen the bad blood.
You are welcome to disagree

suarez worsened the bad blood for refusing to shake evra's hand.
liverpool have had plenty of opportunities to put this matter behind them by apologizing to evra or by asking suarez to apologize - they have not done that. they keep insisting suarez has done no wrong and they have supported him.

then came today, before the match - kenny dalglish said suarez would definitely shake hands cos they have put the matter behind them.
when it came to the shaking of hands, suarez refused to shake. . . .what would you have rio do? shake the hands of a racist man? a man who said he doesn't talk to negroes? rio is a black man for feck sake. a racial abuse on evra is a racial abuse on all the black players in the planet

this is why eboue(now playing in turkey) was going mental on his twitter. . . . .

So declining handshakes will make racists change?
If you think declining handshakes will be of more benefit to the fight against racism them you are not half as smart as Suarez

if you decide to shake a man that abused you racially, then good luck to you. . .
i would not do the same and full credits to rio/welbeck for not shaking suarez - at the end, football won, racism lost.
roy keane tweeted: if he was on the pitch with paul ince and mark hughes that suarez would have regretted not shaking the hands of evra.

who cares whether racism is fought or not. . . . .evra was offended, he reported the offence and the offender got punished.
shaking hands or not. . . .does it remove money from rio's wages?
you are a disgrace to all black people in the world, you homoerotic Arrow!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dipo1: 8:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

suarez worsened the bad blood for refusing to shake evra's hand.
liverpool have had plenty of opportunities to put this matter behind them by apologizing to evra or by asking suarez to apologize - they have not done that. they keep insisting suarez has done no wrong and they have supported him.

then came today, before the match - kenny dalglish said suarez would definitely shake hands cos they have put the matter behind them.
when it came to the shaking of hands, suarez refused to shake. . . .what would you have rio do? shake the hands of a racist man? a man who said he doesn't talk to negroes? rio is a black man for feck sake. a racial abuse on evra is a racial abuse on all the black players in the planet

this is why eboue(now playing in turkey) was going mental on his twitter. . . . .

At that point Suarez refused to shake hands, I really thought he was dumb and just some european trash. Then guys like Rio who you expect to know how to act publicly like progressive thinking humans do also resort to the same level as Suarez, showing that they are just as dumb and don't have intelligence any better than Suarez. 

coogar:

who cares whether racism is fought or not. . . . .evra was offended, he reported the offence and the offender got punished.
shaking hands or not. . . .does it remove money from rio's wages?
you are a disgrace to all black people in the world, you homoerotic Arrow!

Sane people care that racism is fought.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
dipo+:

At that point Suarez refused to shake hands, I really thought he was dumb and just some european trash. Then guys like Rio who you expect to know how to act publicly like progressive thinking humans do also resort to the same level as Suarez, showing that they are just as dumb and don't have intelligence any better than Suarez. 

you are probably too daft to understand a racial abuse on evra is a racial abuse on rio.

Sane people care that racism is fought.

exactly.
rio refusing to shake a racist is his own way of fighting racism.
get over it and stop whining like a pathetic pubic louse.

i can direct you to adolf hitler's grave. . .dig it up and handshake his skeleton. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by dipo1: 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

you are probably too daft to understand a racial abuse on evra is a racial abuse on rio.

exactly.
rio refusing to shake a racist is his own way of fighting racism.
get over it and stop whining like a pathetic pubic louse.

i can direct you to adolf hitler's grave. . .dig it up and handshake his skeleton. grin

By your logic, any other black that shook hands with Suarez is not joining the fight against racism. Coogar, you are Suarezdumb.  Waste of my time grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by chamotex(m): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2012
dipo+:

By your logic, any other black that shook hands with Suarez is not joining the fight against racism. Coogar, you are Suarezdumb.  Waste of my time grin

It's obvious you are Liverpool fan.

The reason Rio didn't shake Suarez's hand was because he refused to shake Evra's hand. If those two had shaken hands, I bet you Rio would have shook hands with Suarez as well.

Evra was the victim in the situation - if anything, he should be the one not wanting to shake Suarez.
I think Suarez should hang his head in shame. How stupid can one be? And anyone who supports/defend him should do the same.
Its a disgrace!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 8:51pm On Feb 11, 2012
dipo+:

of course, yes. . . . . .look at this obdurate w@nker!

danny welbeck refused to shake hands with suarez as well - he's a black man!
had suarez shaken evra's hand, the matter would have ended there and then and the players would have moved on.

refusing to shake the hand signifies suarez doesn't think he's wrong by calling evra a negro, suarez doesn't think he's wrong by saying he doesn't talk to negroes. if you are not a disgrace to all the black people in the world, that should be easily understood by you.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by montelik(m): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2012
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 11, 2012
Did anyone observe Fergie not making any sub today
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
@dipo+ wat i can say if u don't understand without been enlightened why rio acted d way he did as a black man (and d brother of a victim of racism) then i am not sure coogar or any of us here can help u.all dt has been revealed to us during dis never ending story is d absence of any modicum of decency in dis turd called suarez.i like him as a player but as a human being he is a troglodyte.d guy is never far from controversy: from his days in holland where he fought a team mate in d tunnel afta a dispute over who should take free kicks (for which he was suspended) to when he bit an opponent on d shoulder (received another lengthy suspension),its obvious dis guy's mindset n personality r tangential to d rules of society.dis is a guy dt most people here on NL would hav problems shaking hands with on basic principle.
In rio's eyes dis was YET ANOTHER racist (afta terry's attack on his brother) who was impenitent and smug enuf to add insult to injury IN HIS HOUSE.
there is a time for peace and there is a time to TAKE A STAND, there is a time for respect and there is a time for DIGNITY.Rio decided dt it was tym for d latter and i couldnt agree more with him
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2012
ogbeche77:

Did anyone observe Fergie not making any sub today

i did, way before liverpool scored.
he should have removed one of scholes/giggs for js-park. . . . .giggs left evra too exposed today, it's damning liverpool's manager didn't take advantage of that route.

we really didn't play well tonight.
giggs was a liability. . . danny welbeck needs a football brain. . .
and fergie needs to sort out the defence. evans and ferdinand are passive defenders. they only clean up, they don't attack the ball.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by afrodoc(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2012
only watched 1st half, hd to attend my friend's wedding.evans' performances hv improved of late but i suspect he would always need a"senior" partner like rio or vida to bring d best out of him,place him beside smalling n he once again becomes journeyman evans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by coogar: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2012
afrodoc:

only watched 1st half, hd to attend my friend's wedding.evans' performances hv improved of late but i suspect he would always need a"senior" partner like rio or vida to bring d best out of him,place him beside smalling n he once again becomes journeyman evans.

evans and smalling should be the pairing. . . .smalling would attack the ball like vidic and evans would clean up.
with rio/evans, they leave the ball for each other. the two of them are often reluctant to own the ball floated into the box.
if vidic was on that pitch today, that goal wouldn't have been conceded. . .

although rio made a world class tackle on suarez in the first half. . . . .vidic(in that situation) would have probably fouled suarez with his mobile police approach and get sent off.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2012
coogar:

he should have removed one of scholes/giggs for js-park. . . . .giggs left evra too exposed today, it's damning liverpool's manager didn't take advantage of that route.

and fergie needs to sort out the defence. evans and ferdinand are passive defenders. they only clean up, they don't attack the ball.
coogar:

coogar:

coogar:

Giggs made 11 unforced errors(passes) under no pressure, I counted cos u guys brought up d matter earlier this week, What is he thinking? Or is that issue with his sister in law still bugging him?
Welbeck is a headless chicken as u coogar ll always say, So am not surprised by him hiding on the field all through 90 min
Evans, Who av not been a fan of, I must confess has improved
Ferdinand has no business in dat team again, Am I d only one seeing this
I just hope city drop point 2mrw, The way the fixtures are arranged towards d end of d season is in our favour

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Liverpool Vs Real Madrid UCL Final (0 - 1) On 28th May 2022 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Cup Final (2 - 1) On 1st August 2020 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 24th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.