Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,897 members, 7,806,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri (6693 Views)

Nigeria Begins Use Of Cement For Road Construction Against Asphalt. / US Embassy In Nigeria Begins $119m Annex Project / Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Chyz2: 10:27pm On Jul 19, 2011
[size=15pt]Air Nigeria begins direct flights to Abuja, Enugu, Owerri[/size]On July 19, 2011

BY Kenneth Ehigiator

LAGOS—Air Nigeria  has commenced direct daily flights from Owerri and Enugu to Abuja, the nation’s capital city.

The direct return services were introduced in response to growing demand by the airline’s customers for direct flights to Abuja from the two South-East cities, without having to fly through Lagos.

According to the airline, the launch of the direct flight operations from Owerri to Abuja and Enugu to Abuja allows passengers to maximise their time by cutting out transit time in Lagos.
It sad: “This enables them to achieve more, whether they’re travelling for business or pleasure. The development is in line with our mission to deliver superior travel experience to our teeming passengers.”

Air Nigeria said it had since inception pioneered the introduction of innovative products which had earned it numerous international and national endorsements and recognition for offering services tailored to enhance passengers’ travel experience.

It stated further:  “Just recently, the airline was adjudged the “Airline of the Year 2010” at the Nigeria Aviation Awards, NIGAV, in recognition of outstanding contributions towards the development of the Nigerian aviation industry.

“Also, it was in 2010, named the Best Security Conscious Airline in West and Central Africa by Security Watch Africa for its strict adherence to prescribed aviation safety standards.

“Also, Air Nigeria was adjudged Best Airline in Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Development at the CSR Nigeria award that held recently in Lagos.

“Air Nigeria continues to make giant strides despite prevailing challenges in the local aviation sector.
“It recently announced plans to recommence flights to London Gatwick and other long-haul routes.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/air-nigeria-begins-direct-flights-to-abuja-enugu-owerri/
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by alex101(m): 11:38pm On Jul 19, 2011
Good news, but when are they going to "internationalize" the Enugu airport? I look forward to the day I can fly directly from overseas to Igboland without setting foot on any part of the nigerian dungeon embarassed.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by ezeagu(m): 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2011
alex101:

Good news, but when are they going to "internationalize" the Enugu airport? I look forward to the day I can fly directly from overseas to Igboland without stepping foot on any part of the nigerian dungeon embarassed.

Exactly, just like goods shouldn't have to be cleared in Port Harcourt or Lagos before going to Onicha.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
grin grin grin
alex101:

Good news, but when are they going to "internationalize" the Enugu airport? I look forward to the day I can fly directly from overseas to Igboland without setting foot on any part of the nigerian dungeon embarassed.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by bashr4: 2:19am On Jul 20, 2011
alex101:

if you want to fly straight to igboland why dont you use the international airport at omagwa portharcourt thats what i use and mose people from imo,abia and rivers thats what they use. airfrance , klm,italia and some other asian airlines ply that route. enugu airport is meant to serve the SE/middle belt people that are not close to ph ,lagos or abuja and not igbos.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:26am On Jul 20, 2011
Is dis our National carrier to replace liquidated Nigeria Airways?
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 2:41am On Jul 20, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Is dis our National carrier to replace liquidated Nigeria Airways?

good question
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Chyz2: 2:48am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

if you want to fly straight to igboland why dont you use the international airport at omagwa portharcourt thats what i use and mose people from imo,abia and rivers thats what they use. airfrance , klm,italia and some other asian airlines ply that route. enugu airport is meant to serve the SE/middle belt people that are not close to ph ,lagos or abuja and not igbos.

Omagwa is in bad need of operations management. The flight overlap is too much and cause congestion and chaos. I'm sure you are aware of this. Also, it is not that big ya know. Enugu Anambra, Ebonyi are not close to Rivers, so its not as easy as that either. Enugu airport is good for Anambra, Enugu, and Ebonyi because of the convenience. Anambra will be blessed the most well Asaba International airport does the same. They can go either way. Abuja is for the middlebelt, but we Igbo will still accept their money in Enugu grin
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Freewilly(f): 2:54am On Jul 20, 2011
I'm planning on traveling at the end of the year (I need to go get my ticket tomorrow or pay double) Please does anyone know if Enugu Airport is

completed ? I pray I don't ever have to go through Lagos again, the kind of wicked mosquitoes that sucked have of my blood in that filthy Lagos is

on called for.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by EzeUche(m): 2:58am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

When people talk about flying straight to Igboland, I was wondering myself, that I have been doing for a while using the international airport in Port Harcourt. From Port Harcourt I can go to Aba, Owerri and Arochukwu on the same day depending if I have an early flight.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by EkoIle1: 3:00am On Jul 20, 2011
Congrats to ibo people and welcome to the modern age,

With the picture below, y'all still have a long long way to go.

Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by EzeUche(m): 3:02am On Jul 20, 2011
^^^

Was this post really needed? Igbos were simply worrying about their own airport until this Yoruba fool wants to start another tribal war.

I hope Seun realizes that he needs to control his own people.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Nobody: 3:04am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

ROTFLMAO!!! The pix got me laughing. ahaha evil!! grin grin grin
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by adejoro75: 3:14am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

This fasola/Tinubu house boy. I know now that Mrs Tinubu is in Abuja, you will do a greater job sucking Tinubu's a-rse-hole
Why not post a current flight schedule of Enugu airport? Why revel and bask in the oldies?
For a start, you can also show us same photo for Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta, Ekiti and Osun airports. That is, if people in those places have ever seen an airplane before, let alone an airport. Ode!!
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Nobody: 3:16am On Jul 20, 2011
www.nairaland.com/attachments/485746_Enugu1b_jpgef4c88db369c0ebd6c4e60fc0b05a846

ROTFLMAO!!!

Seems like everybody is leaving Enugu for Yorubaland. grin
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Chyz2: 3:22am On Jul 20, 2011
adejoro75:

This fasola/Tinubu house boy. I know now that Mrs Tinubu is in Abuja, you will do a greater job sucking Tinubu's a-rse-hole
Why not post a current flight schedule of Enugu airport? Why revel and bask in the oldies?
For a start, you can also show us same photo for Ibadan, Akure, Abeokuta, Ekiti and Osun airports That is, if people in those places have ever seen an airplane before, let alone an airport. Ode!!

Hey, no need to indulge in their stupidity bruh. The direct flights have taken away from their revenue in Lagos so things just keep getting worse for them. Once the Enugu airport gos fully international their airport will collapse. Come see revenue(big ego) in Igboland. cool
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 3:29am On Jul 20, 2011
i don't see how this thread turned to dirty lagos, igbo airport etc
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by adejoro75: 3:57am On Jul 20, 2011
Even w/out an international status, Enugu airport is doing well and better than most so-called international airports in Nigeria

Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 4:00am On Jul 20, 2011
Chyz*:

Hey, no need to indulge in their stupidity bruh. The direct flights have taken away from their revenue in Lagos so things just keep getting worse for them. Once the Enugu airport gos fully international their airport will collapse. Come see revenue(big ego) in Igboland. cool

i just want to find out what is wrong with easterners developing calabar or port harcourt

waste of money really
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by alex101(m): 4:02am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

grin Chei fashola arse. licker, so the mere mention of Enugu international airport makes you shiver in you lagos dungeon. Seriously, when are you going to jump into a pool of acid bath where you will be dissolved alive, anuofia. Enugu airpot will become international whether you Yoruba fools like it or not,,,again you're free to commit suicide like your criminal-coup-plotting-coward father awalowa!
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by adejoro75: 4:25am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

i just want to find out what is wrong with easterners developing calabar or port harcourt

waste of money really

What is wrong with westerners developing Ibadan and Akure airports?
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by bashr4: 5:31am On Jul 20, 2011
thats the first time am seeing that board , maybe their system crashed or maybesef light go off. anyways enugu airport is always busy and doing very well am happy for enugu people and others it will serve
Freewilly:

I'm planning on traveling at the end of the year (I need to go get my ticket tomorrow or pay double) Please does anyone know if Enugu Airport is

completed ? I pray I don't ever have to go through Lagos again, the kind of wicked mosquitoes that sucked have of my blood in that filthy Lagos is

on called for.

you can check ph or abuja if you dnt want to go tru lag , me personally avoid lagos its scary anything can happen in that city especially if your a traveller coming in at night.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 5:34am On Jul 20, 2011
adejoro75:

What is wrong with westerners developing Ibadan and Akure airports?

because they don't need it

easterners need an airport according to u all

so way not just improve the already existing one
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by bashr4: 5:41am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

we will ,stop drinking panadol for us after all we built owerri airport and uli airport mind your buiness for once nawa too much living in face me i face you dey worry una oo
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 5:43am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

we will ,stop drinking panadol for us after all we built owerri airport and uli airport mind your buiness for once nawa too much living in face me i face you dey worry una oo
grin grin grin grin grin ok i would leave be just to leave u be something

alj_harem:

Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Freewilly(f): 5:57am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

thats the first time am seeing that board , maybe their system crashed or maybesef light go off. anyways enugu airport is always busy and doing very well am happy for enugu people and others it will serve
you can check ph or abuja if you dnt want to go tru lag , me personally avoid lagos its scary anything can happen in that city especially if your a traveller coming in at night.

My dear thank you. Lagos scary ? if I start telling you the kind of bad experiences I've had in the filthy town Lagos, we'll be here all night.

It's a little more expensive entering through Abuja, but that's an extra I'm willing to pay any day.

By the grace of God, our airport will be completed soon.
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 5:59am On Jul 20, 2011
Freewilly:

My dear thank you. Lagos scary ? if I start telling you the kind of bad experiences I've had in the filthy town Lagos, we'll be here all night.

It's a little more expensive entering through Abuja, but that's an extra I'm willing to pay any day.

By the grace of God, our airport will be completed soon.

now u are talking wink when u arrive let me know, just ask any hausa say u are looking for harem of borno. they will direct u tp me cool
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by Freewilly(f): 6:18am On Jul 20, 2011
^^^ Dude why are you trying so hard to derail the thread. Why is it that anything Igbo just bugs you and your kind.

Give it a rest bro angry
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by aljharem3: 6:22am On Jul 20, 2011
Freewilly:

^^^ Dude why are you trying so hard to derail the thread. Why is it that anything Igbo just bugs you and your kind.

Give it a rest bro angry
who cares about igbo, my care is about u
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by kuzinaa: 7:23am On Jul 20, 2011
woa that is a step forward ;d
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by macjive01: 7:24am On Jul 20, 2011
Sha, my people can be happy over little things.

The question shd be; who is running shows in this Air Nigeria?

Why can't a handful of the millions of business moguls of Igbo extraction pull resources together and float an airline?

Odili can afford to own two airline just from his naira bank account.
Emeka Offor.
Ekene dili chukwu
Ogbuawa motorcycle spare parts man
Coscharis.
Many of orlu drugs (medicine) barons
Abiriba textile mogul
Mbaise estate developer
Nnewi -lol, every body in nnewi
Enugu king pins
Delta moguls- Can't see why jim ovia, elumelus, and many others can't afford to start their own airline or pull resources together to start one.

Tmrw tinubus air-one wud start flying. Flying to same Enugu n Imo airports.  
This time around the staff wud b thick oyo Yorubas, the announcement wud definitely be in Yoruba or in an english that wud sound more Yoruba than English.

"Passengers, ejo jo ko' "
Re: Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri by dempeople(m): 7:36am On Jul 20, 2011
Umu Igbo ndi nji etu onu, gabanu n'iru na Chukwu kwu unu na-azu.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Man's mansion Twenty Five Years Ago? (picture) / FFK Reacts To Iman Of Peace Tweets. / The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.