Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here (187191 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92) (Go Down)

Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by pady2: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2012
^^^ if the above info is verified, mehnnn i go rily happy no be small. i appiled for 2013 dv and hoping(iam just confident anyway, that we'll win this tym around) . we are a family of three. i don dey tink the total moni wey i for pay(roughly abt 400k, kai!). well, lets wait for the results first.

temmy, thanks for the info.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2012
Av just joined in. D comment thread motivated me w register, so I can be of any help 2 those who need info bout dvlottery.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2012
To those who won this year and are yet 2 go for their interview, I say a big congrats 2 u bcs u dont av 2 pay d sum pple like us payed during our own time. I av comfirmd d@ d fees av indeed been reduced by almost 50%, I guess dis makes it easier, so dat those who av been selectd can afford it& also, it wont be felt much (as compared to d previous fee) ,if @ d end of d interview a person is nt given d visa.
let me use dis opportunity 2 emphasize d@ YES, THEY CAN DENIAL YOU VISA EVEN AFTER BEEN SELECTED AS A WINNER. I witnesses two pple been turnd down just b4 my turn 4 interview. Basically, they need u 2 b as honest as can be, and u must b bold 2 when answering ur questions (just like 4 job interview) . If u dont av d complete credits at a sitting in d same exam, just take all d certificates av, for instance, I didnt av complete credit in my ward,but I had for my GCE & NECO so I took them along with my warfare certificate. Also if u re a graduate, take along ur notificatn of result( if u dont av ur sch cert yet) as well as NYSC discharge cert (not compulsory bt an added advantage) . If there re further question feel free to ask as am willing 2 use ds opportunity 2 help others since God has helps me 2 & am nw a greencard holder in USA
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 8:51am On Feb 08, 2012
Just to add to what Tosin said, being a winner doesnt guarantee you visa. Only less than 7% of 50000 winners would come from nigeria and that means less 3500 out of 6000 selected from Nigeria would eventually make it. So prepare very well just as am doing now.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Obasekola: 2:43pm On Feb 08, 2012
Temmy i think we should also throw out situation to Tosin to see if he could help with some information.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
Tosin can we have ur email? Have questions to ask you
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 6:19pm On Feb 08, 2012
Okay. My e-mail is yobet67@yahoo.com, and just 2 add, am actually a "she " not a "he ", take care cheesy
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by willsman(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2012
Can some body help me here? My question is this, does it mean that a person that do not have SSCE or University degree certificate cannot be given visa even if he's selected for dv lottery say the 2012 or the 2013 yet to be released? Help me please.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2012
Even if you dont have a university degree at least u should have a secondary sch certificate or at least two years qualifying experience in selected occupations by them( check www.dvselectee.state.gov for a list of this occupation). What they are guarding against is that, they dont want to av pple who will become a liability to d govt due to unemployment. And I must say that even d least job here whether ss a baby sitter sef, they want prove that you av a form of education.

Let me also advice that it is better to have your original certificate of WAEC/NECO/GCE or whatsoever u'll be using.this will prevent delay at the interview / postponement of interview. While if you are a university graduate, b4 you travel, get your transcript.it is important for getting a good job or further studies. May God help you
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2012
@ tosin and temmy does that mean
you must have at least 5
credits including english
and maths or 5 credits in 5 different subjet?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 9:21pm On Feb 08, 2012
@adegoke, 5 credits including maths& English not otherwise shocked
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Obasekola: 9:49am On Feb 09, 2012
Hello Tosin

I just sent a mail to your inbox now. Pls i'll be expecting ur reply. Thanks
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 5:57pm On Feb 09, 2012
Hi tosin and temmy
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2012
Hi tosin and temmy pls i want u to verify this site i came accross in the internet http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/dv-lottery-winners-agitate-for-fair-chance/
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2012
*adegoke, I dont knw wat u want me 2 verify there, its posted on a national newspaper. But if it is stil with regards to having 5 credits including maths& English, I will only advice that it seems safer (2 me) if u av credits in maths & English, even if u av 2 combine results.of different examinatn bodies (4 instance if u av credit maths in WAEC & credit English in NECO). So findout properly (if u knw sm1 dat will b goin 4 interview long b4 u do, tel such person if they are kind enough 2 ask during their own interview)
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Gbenge77(m): 7:40am On Feb 10, 2012
Adegokenath:

Hi tosin and temmy pls i want u to verify this site i came accross in the internet http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/dv-lottery-winners-agitate-for-fair-chance/
do you have any problem with the report?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:13pm On Feb 10, 2012
Adegokenath:

Is SSCE your minimum qualification? I told you i had p7 in english and chem with 7 credits in others and it was acceptedm,maybe cos i had a B,eng with it sha i dont know. I believe they would take any one with 5credits cos i read in one of their website. I will try to search where i saw it. English and maths werent made compulsory.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2012
temmytanny:

Is SSCE your minimum qualification? I told you i had p7 in english and chem with 7 credits in others and it was acceptedm,maybe cos i had a B,eng with it sha i dont know. I believe they would take any one with 5credits cos i read in one of their website. I will try to search where i saw it. English and maths werent made compulsory.
@temmy what do mean by B eng or do u qualify base on additional qualification?pls help us with the site u saw the info
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2012
Quoet
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by willsman(m): 10:03am On Feb 11, 2012
I thank you very much Tosin for your guidance on my request okay? May God bless you and others that have been contributing to the topic and at least i finished Secondary School with some credits and passes obtained and i was admitted in the College of Education with my SSCE statement of result in the remedial program to read Agricultural Science then which i left as the time i finished 200 levels as a result of my sponsor's death and all the evidence are intact. May God bless you all, Amen.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by strika: 9:44am On Feb 14, 2012
Hi Everyone, i'm really happy to read how you guys are trying to help a brother out here. Please i have a little challenge and won't mind if you guys can share your opinion with me: I am a 2012 DV lottery selectee, i've had my interview in January and collected my visa a week after the interview, but the the lady that conducted the interview said she would like to verify if my WAEC CERTIFICATES (I'm combining 2 WAEC results) are authentic which I gladly consented to because I sat for the SSCE/GCE exams MYSELF and the certificates are authentic, but the problem is 1. on the GCE certificate my names are correctly spelt but my year of birth was wrongly written(1984 instead of 1985) 2. On the SSCE certificates has my first name as TUNJI instead of OLATUNJI and the DOB was entire different from my real DOB. I noticed this error in 2009 and my elder sister helped me to contact someone who is a WAEC official on what to do to correct the discrepancy and she said it going to be difficult to correct it  and that i should just go and swear an affidavit to that effect, which i did. Now, on the day i got to the embassy for the interview, the affidavit was part of my document but the Nigerian lady that checked my document in before the interview returned some of my document, including the affidavit i wanted to explain to her but i presumed she knows what she's doing.
A week after the interview (the day i collected my visa) i sent them an e-mail requesting for my WAEC Certs. they called me on phone and said that i should come [with my visa and the brown parcel they gave me] so that we can discuss my waec certificates. I went there two days later as instructed, submitted my International passport/visa, after some minutes the official that conducted my interview came , told me my WAEC Certs. are fake but returned my parcel and visa to me saying i'm qualified for the visa (i think based on my current academic level/ profession) and that they can't release my WAEC certificates and if I need  one i should go and collect another one from WAEC.
Please people, pardon me for the lengthy writeup and for writing on someone else's topic-space.
Please i need all your responses ASAP.
THANKS.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:59am On Feb 14, 2012
sincerely i dont know what to say about your case. If they said its fake and they give you visa,why did they give you visa then? or was it given to you because you now have a higher degree? I think you should get the correction done from WAEC incase of future occurrence.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
Strika, may I say ur situation is quite strikening. There must b a problem smwhere. I wont blame d embassy 4 being so skeptically wit ur result, rather I blame WAEC/ GCE 4. d error & whn u were given d result u shud av notified them immediately of d error, it wud av been easier 4 dem 2 correct it there & then instead of yrs later. But there's no need crying over slipped milk, infact let me say dat u re very very lucky dat u were given d visa, bcs I knw sm1 personally, would was refused visa bcs dey thought her names did nt correlate wit wats in her documents. Wat I just advice is dat if d embassy insists on nt releasing ur certificate, they should giv u a letter/ smthng dat explain d reason dey are holding on 2 d certificate, so u can present this @ WAEC office & see if they can correct it.bcs u may think u dont need it now since u av a higher degree, bt it is ur entitlement & if wil aways reflect in future,
Let me use ds opportunity 2 advice others dat, note d names u put in documents/ certificate, let them b d same esp wit wat u av in ur birth certificate. U knw we nigerians mayb familiar wit our names& culture bt foreigners wil nt knw ds. To them for instance OLABISI ADENIYI & BISI ADENIYI are different persons, or CHUKWUEMEKA & EMEKA are nt d same. So alwz ensure ur names are consistent (also stick with d number of names u use, whether 3 witout initial, or 2 wit ur initial). Read instructns carefully, u may be askd 2 write firsthand (dats u main name), middle name( dats ur 2nd name according to ur birth certificate) then last name( whch is ur surname) in dat order, if u arrange it in d wrong way, it may be a fatal mstake. Also whneva ur date of birth is requestd in any document, note d pattern dey want it to b written -whether mm/dd/yyyy (ds means ur month first, den ur day of birth, followed by ur year all in figures. e.g Nigeria's independence wil b wriitn as 10/01/1960, little thngs like this matters alot, and dats why some pple have lost great opportunities in life.
Wishing u all d best of God.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nifty: 10:16am On Feb 15, 2012
@tosintestimony what do you suggest i do? my other name was mispelt on my waec certificate and my interview is in april,though i have the confirmation page which shows i spealt correctly while filling up the form online what do you suggest i do?an affidavit?
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 4:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
shocked well nifty, I dont knw why u av 2 wait til a crucial time like this b4 u start thinking of doin smthng about ur misspelt name in WAEC. WE nigerians are fond of taking som thngs 4 grantd, well, its nt d same evrywhere. We must realise dat a stitch in time alwz saves nine. Wat else can u do xcpt to file 4 an affidavit. However, u may want 2 take ur WAEC certfcate to WAEC office along wit copies of dvlottert entry/ interview letter & appeal 2 dem if dey can do anything bout correcting d error b4 ur scheduled date (though I doubt it, bt u neva can tel wat positive outcome u may get) . Try dat 1st ,& then u'll knw wat next 2 do, affidavit or not. And take a erelong immed8ly, dont think u av time on ur side. It is well.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by whitebrown(f): 8:15am On Feb 16, 2012
Morning,

Can anyone please help with info, I have a sister in law who is in Lagos & she is one of the 2012 dv lottery winners with her 2 kids (husband passed on). Her interview date is next week & she has not done any police report nor medical test yet as she had problems with her passports due to name changes but hopefully it should be out today or tomorrow in Abuja.
Can you pease advise if it is possible for her to reschedule her date with the embassy & if not, will it be possible for her to still complete her police report, medical test before Thursday? Also advise regarding afidavit of support from sponsor & any tips one can give regarding interview process.

Your response will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by tosintestimony: 10:06am On Feb 16, 2012
Brown, I dont know wat to say, I can only exclaim shocked. I dont knw wat circumstances might have led to ur in-laws delay but she has made a costly mistake which will only take divine intervention. Yes it is possible to reschedule another interview with d embassy & it is mentiond in d letter given her, but she should have done that immedi8ly not waiting til like a week b4 d date. To them, it will seem dat she is not interests. Despite d fact dat they do mention dat u can reschedule, there has to be a concrete reason. (e.g health issues) dat wil convince dem on why they shud fix another date for her. Also, eachday, dh applicants are being interviews & and more pple d give visa eachday, d lesser d available space, so they themselves dont encourage rescheduling (but not that they cant do it, just that her chances of obtaining visa bcoms slim).

Apart 4rm dat, medicament take about 2weeks (& she'll be doing for her children too) so there's no wayshe can get all medicals within one week, however, police report is instantly, provided you go there early enough. So based on all this things let her decide if she wants to go ahead wit d process or forfeit it. Remember all other things apply I.e education or work experience. Nevertheless all the best
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by whitebrown(f): 10:54am On Feb 16, 2012
Tosin, I don't even know where to begin, firstly we are in SA & we can't do much from our side, what happened was she was married & the husband passed away & they have 2 kids together, she is a christiaan & due to her belief she changed her last name to the hubby 1st name, my hubby last name is Ogundaisi & i speak under correction (I think Ogun mean god of iron) I am south African so I might be wrong but all I know is that her family were not happy with her changing her name coz she did not want to bear the name due her beliefs, we are all christiaan & I guess she felt right changed though no one agreed. Cut story short, when she applied for the dv lot she used her old name, then when result came out she had already changed to her new name & already obtained passport as there were due to come to SA, so now the issue is she can't apply using passports because of the name change & had to now apply for change of name to the old one & resume with the dv process, bt the passport has been delaying so she could not do anything, worse when she checked her mail last week it dawned to her that her interview date is next week, so we are keeping fingers crossed that the passports comes out today so she can resume with police report & medicals for herself ( the kids are under 10, so I think from what a read they do not need meds but immunization cards only). So is there no way to get medical result in 2 days or faster.

Please advise regarding the affidavit of sponsor as well.

Regards
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nifty: 12:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
@whitebrown i think you should let go on with police report and medicals if she doesnt finish with the medical she should go to the interview without it and explain to the vo that she has started the medicals but not thru yet she would be asked to bring the medicals later on after she is thru with it i read a case like that on anoda forum if she is succesfull during the interview she would be asked to come and drop the medicals later
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by nifty: 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2012
@tosintestimony those waec peeps told me previously it would take 6 months for a new certificate to be ready, so i thnk affidavit thingy is the way, got a better idea? example abimbola shld be spelt abombola its slight
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by adexkem(m): 1:07pm On Feb 16, 2012
@ whitebrown. She applied wit d old hubby name, fine. Did she fil d form sent 2 KCC wit d old hubby name? If yes, she doesnt need new passport. Let her use d old 1 wit old name. But if no, she need new passport & 1 or 2 documents of her late hubby dat could b verify (LIKE WACE OR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE) 2 proof d change of name frm his (late hubby) last name 2 1st-name. Also his death certificate 2 proof his late, not dat u purposely exclude him 4 misunderstanding or whatever reason. , As 4 police report, u can dat in a day. Medical within 3 to 7days, but even if is not ready, so far u started u go 4 interview, although u wil not get ur visa until u present it (frm some1 testimoney in dis thread, go through it urself). But u wil b interview better dan u postpone it. One more thing, once u started, go wit proof like receipt 4 payment. Mind u, i am not authority, dis is just my view. And i pray it help. Above all seek God favour cos it is more of God dan ur documents, money and wisdom.
Re: Dv Lottery 2012 Winner Meet Here by whitebrown(f): 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
Thank you all, I will advise her to do accordingly, we will pray & hope for the best, please advise how much are the medical test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (92)

Adventure In Ireland / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response / *** General Irish VISIT/TOURIST VISA Enquiries ***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.