Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

South Sudan Locks Out Somalis - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Sudan Locks Out Somalis (7784 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Chad President Pays $26 Million Dowry Sudan Chick (pics) / South Sudan Becomes 54th African State (2) (3) (4)

Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by tunnytox(m): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2011
Rossikk:

Somalians are human beings. And fellow Africans no less. Stop the idiotic references to them 'breeding like rabbits' and such insulting, ignorant nonsense. The vast majority of Somalians are law abiding, and certainly not 'violent' and 'dirty'. Just as the vast majority of Nigerians are not '419' scammers and drug dealers.

You're the iiddiot and ignorant here if you care to know, yes Somalians are human beings and yes they are Africans but that's not the issue if some set of people exhibit a pattern of behaviour over time then it is right for their host or would be host to judge them based on that.

For instance Nigeria already have bad reputation in Ireland for always coming with pregnancy with the intention of having their babies in Ireland then it is right for the Irish government to prevent any pregnant Nigerian from coming to their country and to even conduct pregnancy test on any female travellers. Yes majority of Somalians are law abiding people and so are majority of Nigerians too but has it occur to you that the behaviour and attitude being exhibited by the minority in most cases is a reflection of what majority of the society stands for.

Nigerians for instance like to show off and 'oppress' each other using their wealth this culminates to a culture where looters are being worshipped rather than being put in jail, young people are under constant pressure to 'make it' while those are poor are despised. This in no doubt contributed to many young people venturing into 419, fraud, armed robbery, immigration scam and the rest just to belong.

Somalia is a country built on clan pride and division, strict traditional values and Sufi Islamic practice. If you don't belong to a particular clan which is seen as an elite clan then you're not regarded as a proper human being. This has been a major reason why the country is in division. However, look at Somaliland in the north, they are more liberal with open attitude to life hence the country flourish even without international recognition.

Having said that many Somalis immigrant today, in fact a very large percentage of them in Europe and North America have shown that they prefer to breed like rabbits,milk the benefit system, being a nuisance to the public by forming gangs and chewing khat (Somalian traditional drug) all day and making no effort to be a productive member of the society. This is no doubt a true reflection of what a typical southern Somalis are, they believe they are better than other Africans and bring up their children to believe the same rather than encouraging them to acquire skills by being a role model to these youngsters.

If the majority of immigrant Somalis behave this way then it is right for any sensible country to think twice before letting in these set of people.

Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2011
Somalis lack IQ and can be really st.upid. even the apes look like scholars in front of them. i remember i got into a fight with a Somali once. the way he acted was so undescribably foolish. by the end of the fight, he was half naked and making weird gestures. grin grin tongue
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by tpia5: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2011
i notice any culture that prides itself on being better than others/it's neighbours in terms of looks or whatever, tends to in actual fact be very backward as a whole. Not necessarily referring to somalis alone.

i wonder why this is so.

interesting stuff.

Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
i notice any culture that prides itself on being better than others/it's neighbours in terms of looks or whatever, tends to in actual fact be very backward as a whole.

sooo true.

PAGAN 9JA:
Somalis lack IQ and can be really st.upid. even the apes look like scholars in front of them. i remember i got into a fight with a Somali once. the way he acted was so undescribably foolish. by the end of the fight, he was half naked and making weird gestures. grin grin tongue

lol.

@topic they didn't want to be used by ppl who do not like them.
smart move if you ask me.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
pendo89: ....They buy off cops,pastors, administration everybody to get hold of property!

@TUNNYTOX wow...lol
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Yewe2011(m): 2:19am On Jul 22, 2012
good to know that South Sudanese are vigilante and aware of the threat that Islamist Somalis pose...especially to a young, predominantly Christian, democratic country like South Sudan

there's no doubt in my mind that there is an alliance between North Sudan, The Arab world and Somalis to de-stabilize South Sudan
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Yewe2011(m): 3:56am On Jul 22, 2012
ekt_bear: These Somalis sound like hausa-fulani to me, but much worse. lol.

basically!

PAGAN 9JA:

did he call you a bantu? that seems to be their favorite word

Rossikk: Somalians are human beings. And fellow Africans no less. Stop the idiotic references to them 'breeding like rabbits' and such insulting, ignorant nonsense. The vast majority of Somalians are law abiding, and certainly not 'violent' and 'dirty'. Just as the vast majority of Nigerians are not '419' scammers and drug dealers.

Somalians are very xenophobic towards others. If they are going to dish it out, they need to be prepared to take it. People might start respecting them when they show respect to others.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by pendo89(f): 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2012
where is that resident nairaland somali?
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
tunnytox:

You're the iiddiot and ignorant here if you care to know, yes Somalians are human beings and yes they are Africans but that's not the issue if some set of people exhibit a pattern of behaviour over time then it is right for their host or would be host to judge them based on that.

For instance Nigeria already have bad reputation in Ireland for always coming with pregnancy with the intention of having their babies in Ireland then it is right for the Irish government to prevent any pregnant Nigerian from coming to their country and to even conduct pregnancy test on any female travellers. Yes majority of Somalians are law abiding people and so are majority of Nigerians too but has it occur to you that the behaviour and attitude being exhibited by the minority in most cases is a reflection of what majority of the society stands for.

Nigerians for instance like to show off and 'oppress' each other using their wealth this culminates to a culture where looters are being worshipped rather than being put in jail, young people are under constant pressure to 'make it' while those are poor are despised. This in no doubt contributed to many young people venturing into 419, fraud, armed robbery, immigration scam and the rest just to belong.

Somalia is a country built on clan pride and division, strict traditional values and Sufi Islamic practice. If you don't belong to a particular clan which is seen as an elite clan then you're not regarded as a proper human being. This has been a major reason why the country is in division. However, look at Somaliland in the north, they are more liberal with open attitude to life hence the country flourish even without international recognition.

Having said that many Somalis immigrant today, in fact a very large percentage of them in Europe and North America have shown that they prefer to breed like rabbits,milk the benefit system, being a nuisance to the public by forming gangs and chewing khat (Somalian traditional drug) all day and making no effort to be a productive member of the society. This is no doubt a true reflection of what a typical southern Somalis are, they believe they are better than other Africans and bring up their children to believe the same rather than encouraging them to acquire skills by being a role model to these youngsters.

If the majority of immigrant Somalis behave this way then it is right for any sensible country to think twice before letting in these set of people.

You can take your ignorant and stu.pid prejudice and stick it up your DUMB asssss. When you finally grow a brain and realise you cannot describe your fellow human beings as 'rats' and 'breeding like rabbits' etc etc, let us know. Stupi.d CRETIN.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by PhysicsQED(m): 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
lmao grin grin

How did I miss this?

This is brilliant
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by PhysicsQED(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You can take your ignorant and stu.pid prejudice and stick it up your DUMB asssss. When you finally grow a brain and realise you cannot describe your fellow human beings as 'rats' and 'breeding like rabbits' etc etc, let us know. Stupi.d CRETIN.

It is wrong to refer to the actual people as rats, but the choice to lock them out was wise.

They'll probably undo the ban in a few decades when Somalia gets its act together.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Nobody: 3:08am On Jul 23, 2012
PhysicsQED: lmao grin grin

How did I miss this?

This is brilliant

Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 23, 2012
PhysicsQED:

It is wrong to refer to the actual people as rats, but the choice to lock them out was wise.

They'll probably undo the ban in a few decades when Somalia gets its act together.

Thank you very much sir. I have no problem with what South Sudan did, but we cannot lose our sense of humanity and be referring to entire nations in degrading terms and so on.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Kenyaphilia: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Thank you very much sir. I have no problem with what South Sudan did, but we cannot lose our sense of humanity and be referring to entire nations in degrading terms and so on.
I agree but have you seen how they refer to the rest of Africans? Not very nice people if you ask me, but they are nice when you meet them face to face; but behind your back they call you derogatory names. Very weird sad. The funny thing is that they want these same Africans to help them.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by somalia1: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2012
my my. how the decendants of slaves have grown balls. am amazed u guys can walk.

stuppppid babooons. surprised ur still alive. the hiv virus must be still taking its course
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Rossikk(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2012
Kenyaphilia:
I agree but have you seen how they refer to the rest of Africans? Not very nice people if you ask me, but they are nice when you meet them face to face; but behind your back they call you derogatory names. Very weird sad. The funny thing is that they want these same Africans to help them.

Whites, Indians, Chinese and Arabs are even more racist against blacks, with verifiable cases of extreme prejudice and discrimination emanating from them in huge measure. but I don't see any of you refer to them in generalised derogatory terms. All I see on NL is folks coming here to kiss white and Asian asssss. Then when Somalians get a bit lippy you get all aggravated and filled with indignation. Doesn't make sense.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by gst101: 12:24pm On Sep 09, 2012
rossike, i dont have problems with somalis going anywhere. My problem is, they dont like us even though they are blacks and we help them so much. Thats ungreatfulness in its height!
They claim false superiority. A superiority that is false no matter how you look at it.

I want to ask how diff they are from the fulanis. They look alike to me.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by pleep(m): 2:36pm On Sep 10, 2012
lol, nairaland is next.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by pleep(m): 2:43pm On Sep 10, 2012
Rossikk:

Whites, Indians, Chinese and Arabs are even more racist against blacks, with verifiable cases of extreme prejudice and discrimination emanating from them in huge measure. but I don't see any of you refer to them in generalised derogatory terms. All I see on NL is folks coming here to kiss white and Asian asssss. Then when Somalians get a bit lippy you get all aggravated and filled with indignation. Doesn't make sense.
rossike you look very dumb right now.
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Rossikk(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2012
^^What about addressing the points I raised?
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by Rossikk(m): 5:34pm On Sep 10, 2012
gst101: rossike, i dont have problems with somalis going anywhere. My problem is, they dont like us even though they are blacks and we help them so much. Thats ungreatfulness in its height!

Dude, this your ''they don't like us'' stuff, how many Somalians have you actually spoken to or related to personally? Of the Somalians I've spoken to, ALL love, respect, and admire Nigeria and Nigerians, especially for our education, entrepreneural spirit, wealth, etc. So I don't know which Somalians some of you guys have been dealing with. I've mixed with Somalians, Ethiopians, Zimbabweans, Ugandans. None of these people feel superior to Nigerians. Instead they love Nigerians. They look up to Nigerians. Nollywood and Naija music have played huge roles in pushing the Nigerian/West African brand out there.

They claim false superiority. A superiority that is false no matter how you look at it.

You mean there is a ''true superiority'' of races as opposed to Somalians' ''false superiority''?

Care to expand?

I want to ask how diff they are from the fulanis. They look alike to me.

So?
Re: South Sudan Locks Out Somalis by pleep(m): 4:31am On Sep 11, 2012
The nairalanders are mad because for yrs Somali people have come on this site to spam pages and pages of insulting material whereas Asians and Arabs do not. This should be clear to you Rossike

There is no other reason.

The Indians Lie Again! / Afghan Christians Weep As Taliban Takeover Their Properties / Slovakia: Pro-Russian Party, DSD Wins Parliamentary Elections

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53