Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 (64844 Views)

Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2015/2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2014/2015 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2013/2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by dyabman(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
i've got those codes and i haven't registered hope that wont hurt my place, i think i finish above coogar,
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by ritchboy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
See why Ibime and I wanted Debosky to administer? Eldee has lost the plot grin grin

He just comes out of the blue and declares "there will be two H2H leagues this season", WTF!?

Either we vote or we keep last season's format tongue
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by tboy1(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
can i get the code pls Team:TBOGGIE
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
ritchboy:

See why Ibime and I wanted Debosky to administer? Eldee has lost the plot grin grin

He just comes out of the blue and declares "there will be two H2H leagues this season", WTF!?

we vote tongue grin
Eldee lost it tay tay grin tongue

tboy1:

can i get the code pls Team:TBOGGIE
nope code don finish angry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
mukina2:

this league wont have been possible without you grin grin

ahhhh!!! iror ooo shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2011
wendoworld:

@eldee: we want code!!! we want code!!!! we want code!!! we want code!!!! we want code!!! we want code!!!! we want code!!! we want code!!!! we want code!!! we want code!!!! we want code!!! we want code!!!! we want code!!! we want code!!!! grin grin grin wendoworld f.c in tha building!!! pharohs and co. be scared!!! angry angry

eldee wey am now  before the H-2-H thingy full now sad sad undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
wendoworld:

eldee wey am now  sad sad undecided undecided

you see? grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Ibime(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2011
ritchboy:

I have no problem with 2 leagues, as long as Im in the Premier Division.

My problem with Eldee is his "notice me" method of administration. The nukka fought to get his FPL noticed on the front page, now he's having to deal with the fallout of such a ludicrous decision by creating 2 leagues to accomodate everyone. Soon we will have 100 team leagues.  grin

Now he democratized the process sotay even Pharoh Monche is giving his opinion on how the league should be run. This is a far-cry from the Buhari-tactics of the greatest FPL administrator of all time - Ibime Tamuno, where Ibime used to ban all the bannables and keep the league open to only a select few of Sports-section plutocrats.

This is why we need a level-headed administrator. Sack Eldee!!!  grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by eldee(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Pharoh

I think your points are very valid. I have to say that I was shocked by the spike in the level of interest in the H-2-H league this season.
Before the McDonalds World Cup Fantasy League, no one really cared about it, I think me introducing it with the knock-out stages increased the interest.
Hands up . . . I failed on that.

However, I still need to find a solution to this . . .

Option 1 is not feasible, we need to find a solution to this, and keeping everyone in one league for a whole year isn't it.
My reasons are, in a league of 22

If say I play say a weak ass team like Wendoworld tongue , I don't want Debosky coming to claim that I got free points by beating the duds, as he also gets to play the weakling.

Also, in a 50-League team, you could come here and boast, and still avoid playing the big teams like Illuminati Masons and Mubz. That's not fun.

Finally, fewer teams, fewer duds.

Option 2
This seems a better suggestion, but  the thing is, I am trying to make sure participation is almost at par with skill in the criteria for selecting the leagues. As good as Mubz was two seasons ago, he had to make sure he participated more on the thread to continue playing.
So while the tables are relevant, they're not as important as the banter on the discussion boards, I think we all agree that things like the battles on here, the fictitious press releases and all that really upped the general enjoyment for everyone.

So my proposition, we follow Option 2, two leagues but with emphasis on participation. This means we get most of the trusted regulars in League A, but the newer people on League B. This gives everyone the chance to enjoy themselves.

We will discuss all three leagues on this thread, so they're just two leagues of equal status . . . just that known members get grouped together.

I also agree that we should nominate two or four people to join me in the management, makes it more democratic. You rarely do anything all season, all you do is a few decisions through summer.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by eldee(m): 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ibime:

I have no problem with 2 leagues, as long as Im in the Premier Division.

My problem with Eldee is his "notice me" method of administration. The nukka fought to get his FPL noticed on the front page, now he's having to deal with the fallout of such a ludicrous decision by creating 2 leagues to accomodate everyone. Soon we will have 100 team leagues.  grin

Now he democratized the process sotay even Pharoh Monche is giving his opinion on how the league should be run. This is a far-cry from the Buhari-tactics of the greatest FPL administrator of all time - Ibime Tamuno, where Ibime used to ban all the bannables and keep the league open to only a select few of Sports-section plutocrats.

This is why we need a level-headed administrator. Sack Eldee!!!  grin grin grin

Dude, under your regime . . .

1. You didn't come up with the innovation of the Head to Head system, the main attraction of most people here.

2. Your laissez-faire approach to league management led to the unimaginable result of having 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions being taken by unkonwns from Egypt who didn't even have a Nairaland username.

3. In your attempt to cover for your lack of decision-making, you banned respected members like Mukina, someone who had contribted a lot to the development of the NFL.

4. Your failure also extended to poor marketing, highly skilled managers like Debosky, Borat, Lalaboi and Chamotex got to hear of the league really late due to your unimaginable incompetence.  We had people joining the league halfway into the season, that's despicable.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Ibime(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
eldee:

Dude, under your regime . . .

1. You didn't come up with the innovation of the Head to Head system, the main attraction of most people here.

2. Your laissez-faire approach to league management led to the unimaginable result of having 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions being taken by unkonwns from Egypt who didn't even have a Nairaland username.

3. In your attempt to cover for your lack of decision-making, you banned respected members like Mukina, someone who had contribted a lot to the development of the NFL.

4. Your failure also extended to poor marketing, highly skilled managers like Debosky, Borat, Lalaboi and Chamotex got to hear of the league really late due to your unimaginable incompetence.  We had people joining the league halfway into the season, that's despicable.

Nigga its the law of the jungle. . . he who has power is meant to WIELD it!

I made FPL into a worldwide phenomenom.

My powers of advertising (even without PM priviledges) turned FPL to what it is today.

You forget that Vieira and V3 had been running FPL before me with minimum interest. . . . back then, only Mukina, Vieira and handful of others played in the league. . . . I am the Vince McMahon of FPL. . .the Ogogomigodo I of FPL.

Sack Eldee!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by eldee(m): 2:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ibime:

My powers of advertising (even without PM priviledges) turned FPL to what it is today.

You forget that Vieira and V3 had been running FPL before me with minimum interest. . . . back then, only Mukina, Vieira and handful of others played in the league. . . . I am the Vince McMahon of FPL. . .the Ogogomigodo I of FPL.

I revolutionised it, the H-2-H is the biggest thing that's ever happened to this league and guess who brought it?? Yep, yours truly
You are the old generation, I alongside the very distinguished members of the new school like Debosky, Ritchboy and Borat changed this league . . . we refuse to go back to that era.
We appreciate the old generation, but you've taken it as far as you can, this is some Obama shit we got going on right now.

There are rumours flying about that you received a bribe from Bin Mukina Haman to let Terrific join the league halfway into the league. Investigation is still in progress.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 2:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ibime:

It was even Viera who introduced the FPl here way back in 2007 i think, only very of us active sports people participated. Like Dr Kit will say the golden Oldies grin
sharrap dia . you did nothing  grin

eldee:

I revolutionised it, the H-2-H is the biggest thing that's ever happened to this league and guess who brought it?? Yep, yours truly
You are the old generation, I alongside the very distinguished members of the new school like Debosky, Ritchboy and Borat changed this league . . . we refuse to go back to that era.
We appreciate the old generation, but you've taken it as far as you can, this is some Obama poo we got going on right now.

There are rumours flying about that you received a bribe from Bin Mukina Haman to let Terrific join the league halfway into the league. Investigation is still in progress.

shussh abeg, i asked him openly on the league he agreed, twas only when he could not beat the boy that he got angry grin grin grin

Eldee seriously twas a mistake to have you administer this one, you wan take [i]overkill kill [/i]am  tongue
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by eldee(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
mukina2:

shussh abeg, i asked him openly on the league he agreed, twas only when he could not beat the boy that he got angry grin grin grin

Eldee seriously twas a mistake to have you administer this one, you wan take [i]overkill kill [/i]am  tongue

Don't worry, the truth will come out one day, whoever bribed who will be ousted.
We cannot have corrupt godmothersfathers in our league. grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2011
all i know is that,you'll be investigated grin grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by VitiMini(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
@eldee

Whatever you decide on is OK with me sha.

I'm just happy to be a part of this monster. . . However, please if possible don't make it too easy for me by putting me in the championship with lazy managers  grin I may be a noob on here no doubt but pedigree on the global stage  wink

Bros, give me the opportunity  to showboat at the endzone with my cell fone. . .

Beware "Bruce Gervinho Lee" is coming for the title!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
eldee  i hate you!!!! angry grin grin

Bruce lee.
you nefa jam oh cheesy grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by blank(f): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
I can see the voice of SiaSia but the hand of Amodu
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by blank(f): 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2011
Thank you Eldee for giving me the opportunity to play.
Was too scared during the world cup time to play then.
Now, i have chopped enough liver and drank enough drink.

I proudly present the anointed one, ME, as the winner.
Expect the press release (to a selected few) SOON.
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2011
3 girls now, nor just post oh, play well and play to win them you hear angry grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^^^ shior 3 girls kor! all of una na work over tongue tongue
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
eldee:

If say I play say a weak Bottom team like Wendoworld tongue , I don't want Debosky coming to claim that I got free points by beating the duds, as he also gets to play the weakling.
shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry remember say no be me dey look for excuse up and down last season o undecided tongue

all this una grammer dey daze me jare,

P:S - ABEG I NEVER STILL RECEIVE THE CODE OOO cry cry cry
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by VitiMini(m): 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
@mukina2

You go soon hear am grin August 13 dey come. . . Just wait there grin
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by mukina2: 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
wendoworld:

^^^^ shior 3 girls kor! all of una na work over tongue tongue
see this one grin grin

shame nor cash you?
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
Can we have 2 Parallel H2H selected randomly

Halfway through the normal EPL the top 12 teams from the two leagues would be combined into a superleague 1 of 24 and the bottom teams would be combined to a Europa League

Last seasons pedigree might be deceiving, Davidylan beasted in the penultimate season before crumbling later While Chamotex and Debosky were bottom dwellers who had no hope and later turned it on.

We all thought Mubz and galacticos were untouchable before last season
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2011
mukina2:

see this one grin grin

shame nor cash you?

HOW NAw undecided Mcheeew!!!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by VitiMini(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2011
@dayokanu

I like your idea. . .
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by toosoon(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
dayokanu:

Halfway through the normal EPL the top 12 teams from the two leagues would be combined into a superleague 1 of 24 and the bottom teams would be combined to a Europa League

Last seasons pedigree might be deceiving, Davidylan beasted in the penultimate season before crumbling later While Chamotex and Debosky were bottom dwellers who had no hope and later turned it on.

We all thought Mubz and galacticos were untouchable before last season

great man great idea
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by ritchboy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
dayokanu:

By the halfway point of the season there would only be 19 games left meaning some teams won't even play each other, there can be no more than 20 teams for it to work.

Also, devoting an entire half of a season to "qualifiers" would be depressing!
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by Catchfire1: 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
Thanks Eldee Baba! grin
U na Badt Guy cool wink
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by wendoworld(m): 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2011
Eldee my team is up! can you send me the code, the name is "f.c wendoworld" (name wey dey make pharoh dey scamper grin tongue cool cool )
Re: Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2011/2012 by nateevs(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2011
Any chance I could be invited? I nefa see enitin oooo.
Eldee send the code na!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea EFL Cup (2 - 1) On 24th January 2018 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 2) On 1st May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.