Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:35 PM

Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) (39610 Views)

Josh 2 Funny Appears On America's Got Talent 3 Times / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / Kechi Okwuchi: "It Might Be A Little Unfair If I Win America's Got Talent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by AlexReports(m): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
Polish Nigerian Teen Thrills Global Audience At America Got Talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZb-nym3HhA

The global audience at America's Got Talent, arguably the biggest talent show in the world were at the Tuesday's episode held spellbound with the sterling performance of a Polish Nigerian 14-year-old singer Sara James.

The judge and executive producer pressed his Golden Buzzer Sara James, qualifying her for the live show of the event to the jubilation of the audience.

James wowed the judges' panel with her rendition of Billie Eilish's "Lovely," but it was ultimately Cowell, 62, who pushed the coveted button to send the teen straight to the live shows.

"We've heard a lot of singers over the years, but wow," Cowell said. "You have a real star glow about you."

The moment happened after James revealed it was her first time in the United States. Cowell then told her that he wanted to make her dreams come true and proceeded to push his Golden Buzzer.

"This is probably where you dreamt of performing. I can remember when I came to America for the first time ... that was a moment I'll never forget," Cowell said. "And I want to make this a moment for you to remember forever."

James, who was in disbelief and overcome with emotion on stage, tells PEOPLE that even now the excitement still hasn't settled in.

"To be honest, I'm speechless. When I'm thinking of it, I'm literally shaking ... I'm just so happy," she says. "It's something that I've dreamed of and it happened. It's so crazy!"

"In America, dreams come true. It's so amazing," she adds. "[Simon] made this whole trip to America so lovely — and America's actually really beautiful, to be honest. I'm in love and I want to live there — but it was such an amazing moment and when I think of it, I just want to cry."

Cowell tells PEOPLE, "I pushed my golden buzzer for Sara because she is, in my opinion, a total star. She flew across the world to audition on AGT 'to see if dreams come true' — that really resonated with me, as 20 years ago I came to those thoughts as well. I just didn't have her talent!"

James says she started singing when she was "about 3 or 4" and has been a longtime fan of the show, though she never thought she'd actually audition.

"When I was little, I was watching all the videos of America's Got Talent on YouTube, and I was like, 'Oh my god. Wow, it's so amazing,' but I'd never think of it in a serious way," she admits.

That all changed after her recent trip to America.

Following her impressive performance, Cowell told PEOPLE of the judges' reactions, "We were all thinking the same thing on my particular Golden Buzzer. There were about three of us, I think, all prepared to jump on that Golden Buzzer. [Her] act's so good."

Now that she's been handed a ticket straight to the live shows, James says she's already brainstorming ideas for her next performance.

"I have a bunch of ideas," she explains, noting that she's most excited to get back "on stage and show everything I have to the judges."

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/06/polish-nigerian-teen-thrills-global.html?m=1

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by CrownOfClay724: 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nigerian biti bawo?
She's Polish cheesy

Like her, many Nigerians are gifted exceedingly, only that the country eclipses their shine.

Olodo at home but genius abroad...thanks to enabling environment.

Take back your country, folks.

240 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Paulianfa(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2022
She so amazing!!!
What connections did she have with Nigeria...
Cos I saw polish Nigerian

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Cypress042(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
We're just blessed with amazing people who got amazing talents in Nigerian grin could you believe someone passed me without touching me and that was the end of my wallet grin Nigerians indeed have raw talented people.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Massiveglory: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2022
Polish- nigerian that never mentioned anything Nigeria. She boldly mentioned she is polish.
Alex, behave yourself.

171 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Stargangz: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2022
She's Polish-Nigerian of Igbo ancestry. 'Sara Egwu-James'

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Eriokanmi: 4:19pm On Jun 17, 2022
Wow!
Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by datola: 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
"Polished" Nigerian!

4 Likes

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by GboyegaD(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Great
Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by donjazet(m): 4:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
Notice how some nairaland comments look similar?? It's a coordinated campaign of misinformation aimed at artificially amplifying Tinubu's support.

Tinubu's paid-support group has been activated. Expect to be gaslighted and mentally manipulated into losing morale for Obi or into supporting Tinubu. Watch out and keep your eyes open.

Know that some accounts here are run by people who have been paid to artificially boost support for these political ancestors
All of you, paid-posters should be ashamed of yourselves. Selling Nigeria's future for your selfishness.

God would punish all of you Nigerians that have decided to be used to decieve your fellow citizens and mislead others.
Tinubu is past his prime. We need a new and fresh party. We need to totally dismantle this old system

22 Likes

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by davidupdate89: 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
Taaah

Nigerian ke.

2 Likes

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Sirchiboy: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
AlexReports:
Polish Nigerian Teen Thrills Global Audience At America Got Talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZb-nym3HhA

The global audience at America's Got Talent, arguably the biggest talent show in the world were at the Tuesday's episode held spellbound with the sterling performance of a Polish Nigerian 14-year-old singer Sara James.

The judge and executive producer pressed his Golden Buzzer Sara James, qualifying her for the live show of the event to the jubilation of the audience.

James wowed the judges' panel with her rendition of Billie Eilish's "Lovely," but it was ultimately Cowell, 62, who pushed the coveted button to send the teen straight to the live shows.

"We've heard a lot of singers over the years, but wow," Cowell said. "You have a real star glow about you."

The moment happened after James revealed it was her first time in the United States. Cowell then told her that he wanted to make her dreams come true and proceeded to push his Golden Buzzer.

"This is probably where you dreamt of performing. I can remember when I came to America for the first time ... that was a moment I'll never forget," Cowell said. "And I want to make this a moment for you to remember forever."

James, who was in disbelief and overcome with emotion on stage, tells PEOPLE that even now the excitement still hasn't settled in.

"To be honest, I'm speechless. When I'm thinking of it, I'm literally shaking ... I'm just so happy," she says. "It's something that I've dreamed of and it happened. It's so crazy!"

"In America, dreams come true. It's so amazing," she adds. "[Simon] made this whole trip to America so lovely — and America's actually really beautiful, to be honest. I'm in love and I want to live there — but it was such an amazing moment and when I think of it, I just want to cry."

Cowell tells PEOPLE, "I pushed my golden buzzer for Sara because she is, in my opinion, a total star. She flew across the world to audition on AGT 'to see if dreams come true' — that really resonated with me, as 20 years ago I came to those thoughts as well. I just didn't have her talent!"

James says she started singing when she was "about 3 or 4" and has been a longtime fan of the show, though she never thought she'd actually audition.

"When I was little, I was watching all the videos of America's Got Talent on YouTube, and I was like, 'Oh my god. Wow, it's so amazing,' but I'd never think of it in a serious way," she admits.

That all changed after her recent trip to America.

Following her impressive performance, Cowell told PEOPLE of the judges' reactions, "We were all thinking the same thing on my particular Golden Buzzer. There were about three of us, I think, all prepared to jump on that Golden Buzzer. [Her] act's so good."

Now that she's been handed a ticket straight to the live shows, James says she's already brainstorming ideas for her next performance.

"I have a bunch of ideas," she explains, noting that she's most excited to get back "on stage and show everything I have to the judges."

https://www.statepress.ng/2022/06/polish-nigerian-teen-thrills-global.html?m=1
God bless you Amarachi for making us pride

1 Like

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Axis313(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
Assuming she committed crime now,I trust the oyinbo press,they will instantly remove Polish National from her dual citizenship,leaving her as a Nigerian,but now she is a Polish Nigerian because she shine at an international event.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by excomarow(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2022
Talent yakpa for this country... But na our leaders dey kill us if not... Naija for don go places positively
Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by yuzjet(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
The good thing is her voice is exceptional, she's truly talented. But she's a Pole, and not a Nigerian.

OP, you deserve koboko for that.

6 Likes

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by thisisit: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Thank God she's NOT in Nigeria..... She for either be sex slave to Boko Haram or She go dey with kidnappers with family hustling to make up the RANSOM.

1 Like

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Iliveforever(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Which1 is Nigerian polish??

Op be warned!!

She’s polish..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by bigdammyj: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nice.
Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by money121(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by JosephXavier: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nigerians are always making us proud outside

Very soon, Nigeria will be dominating most country's entertainment, sports, medical and IT industries

The rate at which Nigerian youths are living the country for greener pastures to developed countries and at the same time becoming SUCCESSFUL is unquantifiable

As a Kenyan was once the first US black president, a Nigerian may one day be the first black prime Minister of UK or countries like Germany, France and Italy

This I have seen

1 Like

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by chigoziri2403(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
It would amount to a failure on my part if my kids don't school abroad
Where their talents would be mined successfully

3 Likes

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2022
Polish Nigerian?
Thank God no be Nigerian Polish. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sara James Thrills At America Got Talent (Video) by koladebrainiac(m): 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
She did not even introduce herself as Nigerian or polish-Nigerian. although she may be Nigeria,but she first identify as Polish.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Nina’s Boyfriend Reveals Why He Deleted Her Photos / Biggie & Ebuka Blasted Over Pere & Angel Eviction Game / BBNaija: Profiles Of Efe, Tboss, Bisola, Marvis, Debie-Rise (25M & SUV)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.