Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. (60625 Views)

2d Animaton Learning Thread / 2d/3d Art Gallery / 2d (traditional/classical) Animation Pencil Test: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Lafem(m): 10:55am On Nov 19, 2009
Thank you all for you kind words.  smiley Been busy working hard to package/push the 'MASTER-CLASS' program and 've been fortunate enoff to win-over a few sponsors for the event. E go better!
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Lafem(m): 8:52pm On Dec 21, 2009
Hey fellas, hope y'all doing great. 'Ve been out of circulation for a bit owing to some exciting developments in my animation-related endeavours. I got word that I was nominated in the "Creative Artist of the Year" category at the upcoming FUTURE AWARDS. Unforunately, I was unable to attend the nomination certificate presentation reception and 'after-party' (held at Terra Kulture, VI, last week thursday) as I was out of town at the time. But, God-willing, I'll be at the award-ceremony proper [come February 2010] -- and hopefully I'll win! smiley

Got lots of Animation-related gists that are sure to excite and interest everyone, but I'll save those for later. Brb!

Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 4:55am On Dec 25, 2009
hi peeps. recently ve been thrown back into the forefront of 2d animation which i previously abandoned to get an extra "Z" dimention in space (3d). anyway like i said m back into it and hav been working in shorts like evcl's nigerians love footbal clip  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcO04YNTsSs and some experiments. came across this picture online

which is actually a picture from the iron giant cartoon showing two key poses. and set about trying to rectreate the inbetween animation. typically drew the initial pose

and used vector point animation as well as actions to create a believable interpolation to the second pose. and finally a white animated masked layer set to overlay to create the light effect on the right side of the character. check it out and tell me what u think.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=384363095205
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by aphek: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2009
@xothermik
from 2D( ? ) to 2.5D (ZBrush) to 3D(3ds Max) and now back to 2D. Wow! What a trip!
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
thanks i try to have a more rounded brain tongue. trying not to be the proverbial master of none tho  grin
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by gqeen: 1:29pm On Jun 22, 2010
hi everyone, I am totally impressed with all I have read and seen, I am truly proud of all your efforts, I am not an animator but I am presently producing a children's series called Numberland for a company called 3s dali,Numberland aired on Silverbird TV on children's day 27th may 2010, work is still in progress but I am desperately looking for hands( especially fresh art graduates ready to animate, if you know any pls indicate and I will send follow-up info) thanks
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2010
recently heeded my own advice on one of the threads and started over in classical 2d animation in order to bolster my basic principles of animation by doing classical hand drawn 2d where i would be forced to consciously put in any action without any computer assisted tweening, graphs etc. this is one of the experiments. it is drawn and colored with a tablet. started it last night before bed and finished it this morning when i got up. would upload a bigger vid on you tube later. got a world cup final to watch!

Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 7:51pm On Jul 11, 2010
if your connection is slow and it appears to be jerking, right click and save to your computer and watch it from your p.c
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by gqeen: 9:29am On Jul 12, 2010
Fantastic work ! xothermik I think u shud also post it on the other thread so that those who are not one this thread can view it as well, meanwhile that was really fast meaning you can actually produce a series in a short time well done.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 9:35am On Jul 14, 2010
thanks gqeen i usualy dont like posting on more than one place but i think i will do it anyway. still got a lot to beef up on but we are getting there. hopefully more to come soon.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by aphek: 11:20pm On Jul 14, 2010
nice work.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by melvi: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
Nice animation,xothermik .
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Lofx: 5:11am On Aug 01, 2010
Nice one Xothermic. Please anyone got any ideas on where i can get a good Wacom tablet in Nigeria? Price and what i should be looking for in a good one.

undecided
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 10:41pm On Aug 01, 2010
thanks,i dunno man i think except you get extremely lucky, your best bet is e-bay. you'd find other brands around but i think you'd agree that they are no match for Wacom's technical superiority. anything from intuos 2 and you should be fine. there are a few centers in Nigeria that handle e-bay transactions well.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Lofx: 12:21am On Aug 02, 2010
Thanks man. I might just try to get it from Amazon. Just joined Nairaland and i must say that it has been nothing but inspiring. such a gathering of like minds discussing common interests. Really awesome. So much info. I hope to be able to share some knowledge here soon.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Lafem(m): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2010
Hello everyone. I'm happy to know that the likes of xOthermilk and the rest of y'all Nigerian 2-D animation aficianodos are keeping the genre alive and kicking. I've been very busy lately hence my absence from this thread for sometime now.

For about 3 months I've been working on a 7-minute length Classical animation short subject which I titled "THE AUDITION" (and which is now completely animated and in post-production), and thot I'd share a short (26-seconds) clip of the coloured pencil-test animation with you guys -- to wet your appetite. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0YjNq7GAX4
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 1:44am On Aug 03, 2010
Lofx:

Thanks man. I might just try to get it from Amazon. Just joined Nairaland and i must say that it has been nothing but inspiring. such a gathering of like minds discussing common interests. Really awesome. So much info. I hope to be able to share some knowledge here soon.

well the forum has definately seen bettter days but maybe new blood like yours is just what is needed to revitalize it.

Lafem:

Hello everyone. I'm happy to know that the likes of xOthermilk and the rest of y'all Nigerian 2-D animation aficianodos are keeping the genre alive and kicking. I've been very busy lately hence my absence from this thread for sometime now.

For about 3 months I've been working on a 7-minute length Classical animation short subject which I titled "THE AUDITION" (and which is now completely animated and in post-production), and thot I'd share a short (26-seconds) clip of the coloured pencil-test animation with you guys -- to wet your appetite. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0YjNq7GAX4
welcome back lafem. surely has been a while. just saw your clip and im all goose pimples. cant wait to see the full clip. great improvement on the solid drawing.

Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 3:30am On Aug 07, 2010
hi all been really bizzy of late so i havent'nt gotten the chance to do more classical 2d but here's a little one i did about three weeks ago i did it in 3 days for about 3 hours each after work before bed .first day to nail the performance, second day to flesh out the stick figure into the character and the last day to color including the background. didnt upload it earlier because the gif image i rendered was too large for nairaland i just uploaded it to you tube. here's vid

[flash=640,505]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMtm2-0JUH4&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]

there's no audio but just imagine this guys dancing to p squares get squared( "to the left, to the right"wink or something along that line  wink
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by aphek: 2:18am On Aug 18, 2010
Nice background.
Jason Ryan's?
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 3:48am On Aug 20, 2010
you mean the background? no i did a cartoon version of a photo of a street in lagos.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by tunde121oke: 11:03am On Aug 31, 2010
nigerians are talented including our leaders too
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by iamtjx(m): 10:26am On Sep 29, 2010
hi im an i8 year old animator, self proclaimed and self taught, im a few weeks old usin corel painter x's cel animation, wanna advance though, anyways i have a video i did so u can chek it out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFbrqjN6K7I
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Ositainklord(m): 6:53pm On Nov 22, 2010
Hi guys! I googled some 2d tips & y'all poppd up! I was sooo glad! I thot there wuz no future 4 2d anim8n in 9ja! Im workin on a full length feature film(1hr.30min) to procede a mad 9ja comic! I want d voicin 2 b done by celebrities lyk in d u.s wink .i want all of us with our great skills to help me make this a success!, im gonna giv a demo reel 2 s.t.v 2 see how it works out. I want yall 2 help me put 9ja on d map. The cartoon is an action genre, that spans all areas of lagos. Its gonna b drawn on paper and scanned at 15 frames/sec. I cant rite d storylyn here b'cos i've put 2 much tym into creatin it & it can get stolen. I draw perfectly & i jst finishd sec.skl. But i av so much skillz. I dnt knw hw 2 use flash 2 anim8. So i need a computer colorist. And MOST OF ALL : SPONSORS! Cos i need:
60,000+ a4 sheets.
2 pay d celebrity voice actors(i already hav eben),
& lots others. Call me 4 details: 08022079678.

Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by Ositainklord(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2010
I also need any background & layout artists. In my previous post, i meant 60,000 sheet of paper. Not naira. D total budget is a little over650,000 naira, sponsors are welcome. Enjoy d character sheet below.

Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by khalilzbr: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2011
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2011
nice attempts khalil. keep it up
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by khalilzbr: 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
10k u so much xothermik; l hope one day i am gonna have the chance to work with u,Lafem and oda great nigerian 2d anim8ors. I believe we can succed in lightin up our screen with Nigerian 2d animated movies if we unite by forming a kinda association of animators." We are almost there"
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by khalilzbr: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
10k u so much xothermik; l hope one day i am gonna have the chance to work with u,Lafem and oda great nigerian 2d anim8ors. I believe we can succed in lightin up our screen with Nigerian 2d animated movies if we unite by forming a kinda association of animators." We are almost there"
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by khalilzbr: 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
Sorry i posted a reply twice me browser is sick.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by xothermik(m): 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
khalil zbr:

ok now you are really yanking my chain grin. but hey i get you. my very thought exactly. its really great to see guys generally stepping their game up by the numbers. i mean it can only be a matter of time before someone with animation enthusiasm and a fat fat wallet sees the potential and packs up all these talent in a pot and make a soup never tasted in this part of the world. till that happens lets keep honing our skills and hope we don't die of starvation before we reach the promised land.
Re: 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. by showboat20: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2011
@Ogaga , your works are really cool

Showboat Entertainment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Painter Shakes Her Chest In Front Of A Boy, Nigerians Call For Her Arrest / Nine Of The World's Most Controversial Photographs / Emir Sanusi Looking For Man Who Made An Art Drawing Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.