Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Your Most Traumatising Experience? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Your Most Traumatising Experience? (4711 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2011

What's your most traumatising experience?

What's that experience that still gives you shivers whenever you think about?

Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by MrCork17: 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
Phate07:

What's your most traumatising experience?

What's that experience that still gives you shivers whenever you think about?

loookin at your picture profile. bro, You kinda ugly (no oofeinse) undecided
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Mynd44: 3:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
 ^^^
Omo wetin im do you?
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
Mr, Cork:

loookin at your picture profile. bro, You kinda ugly (no oofeinse) undecided
When last did you take your pills? undecided For I have never had my pic on my Nl profile. Cos doing so might crash Nairaland servers cos of the number of people rushing to view my sexyness. Comprendrè? undecided
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by livedit(f): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hmm, livedit most traumatizing experience, shoot there are many Phate07.  grin

To make a long story short, I remember many years back in high school, (livedit lived on the end house on my street next to a junkyard in a not so good neighborhood back then) (the hood) waking up one morning to go to let my puppy dog outside and opened the back door to find a n.aked lady dead wearing just a pair of red socks on laying on the side of the house. 

That's just one story.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by 195(f): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2011
undecided
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2011
I once fell into a canal some years back when jogging on one unfamiliar and lonely street in the night. The canal was filled with shyt.t and waste and I was stuck inside for a while. Still have flashbacks and nightmare about when falling into empty space. I remember seeing the moon's reflection in the canal water as I fell and you know what? It felt like I was floating in space for those few microseconds between falling and splashing inside.

I am presently shivering as I think back of the experience.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 4:04pm On Jul 22, 2011
livedit:

Hmm, livedit most traumatizing experience, shoot there are many Phate07.  grin

To make a long story short, I remember many years back in high school, (livedit lived on the end house on my street next to a junkyard in a not so good neighborhood back then) (the hood) waking up one morning to go to let my puppy dog outside and opened the back door to find a n.aked lady dead wearing just a pair of red socks on laying on the side of the house. 

That's just one story.
Sorry to hear that. I guess it must have been quite depressingly haunting. Hope you didn't have nightmares after?
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by livedit(f): 4:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
Phate07:

Sorry to hear that. I guess it must have been quite depressingly haunting. Hope you didn't have nightmares after?

Oddly Phate, I didn't have nightmares. However, I was traumatized for the next several months when I had to let my dog out in the morning thinking another person would be laying there. Even until this day whenever I visit the old neighborhood, I look strangely over there where she was.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
pDude:

I once fell into a canal some years back when jogging on one unfamiliar and lonely street in the night. The canal was filled with shyt.t and waste and I was stuck inside for a while. Still have flashbacks and nightmare about when falling into empty space. I remember seeing the moon's reflection in the canal water as I fell and you know what? It felt like I was floating in space for those few microseconds between falling and splashing inside.

I am presently shivering as I think back of the experience.
You fell inside shit? Mehn that's some funny ish. grin grin
Sorry. I once had an experience like that when i was quite smaller. But it was inside mud I fell.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by 195(f): 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2011
SS1

Last day of the term and i decided to mount the goal that day in the last football class match of the term
we where leading 2 goals to nil
and been the last day, I was prepared to get dirty and spoil myself to ensure not a single ball goes past me
People where hailing - 190, 190, 190, 190
cos originally i was a striker and it came as a suprise why i was so good that day catching all shots on goal

Would never forget the time 2:32pm that afternoon, something tragic happened
I already noticed an empty soak/pit  away close to where my post was, I dont know what happened
But a friend of mine played a shot which was drifting away from the goal towards the pit/ soak away
I dont know what kinda amebo spirit came over me - but i decided to go for the ball -

Got it mid way in the air and there was no floor underneath me anymore as i was rite over the soak away/pit
The rest is history
I woke up 10mins later right inside the soak away and the field was deserted
everyone to their own tent as they all laughed their belle out into the class and some where still on the field crying

It wasnt funny to me cos i would have hurt myself and you know Nigerians how scared we are (immediately something happens)
everyone takes to their heels then later start popping back out to see what happened!
I was compensated with various ice cream, water, etc - and i was so lucky it was an empty pit filled with weeds if not God knows what would have
happened!

Till date, i still laff @ what happened
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 4:22pm On Jul 22, 2011
livedit:

Oddly Phate, I didn't have nightmares.  However, I was traumatized for the next several months when I had to let my dog out in the morning thinking another person would be laying there.  Even until this day whenever I visit the old neighborhood, I look strangely over there where she was.
You didn't have nightmares? Maybe you quite matured in your thinking then. Hopefully the trauma will totally disappear over time. If it doesn't, you might have to consider seeing a therapist.

I remember the first day i saw a corpse in the hospital. Sometimes, when am really depressed, i can still see the cold white face with its accussing eyes.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by 195(f): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2011
JSS3

United states women football team vs another team (cant recollect)
played the finals ( a penalty ) the last US female footballer stepped up
and scored and took off her shirt exposing her new looking Jugs/bra

Next day in class - my social studies teacher asked who watched yesterday football match
and in my usual amebo - i hushed him and shouted yes sir i did and the US team won and the last scorer scored and took off her BRA!!  shocked shocked
the class was quiet for 20seconds then i realized what i said

An uproar of laffter started immediately, that was the first time i saw my social studies teacher on his knees with tears dripping out of his eyes
I apologised immediately admist the laffter from my teacher and mates  embarassed  embarassed
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by iice(f): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2011
Toilets in boarding house was traumatizing.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2011

Damn 190, you played football in High School? Reminds me of the good days when one was free to do as one wished without any majo complications. I bet you never did score any goal.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by 190: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
^Loool my nickname was el fenomena grin
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Phate07(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2011
iice:

Toilets in boarding house was traumatizing.  

Yeah, true. I still have a morbid distaste for all public toilets. sad
190:

^Loool my nickname was el fenomena grin

What does it mean? Goals? grin
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by iyatrustee(f): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
190_@:

SS1

Last day of the term and i decided to mount the goal that day in the last football class match of the term
we where leading 2 goals to nil
and been the last day, I was prepared to get dirty and spoil myself to ensure not a single ball goes past me
People where hailing - 190, 190, 190, 190
cos originally i was a striker and it came as a suprise why i was so good that day catching all shots on goal

Would never forget the time 2:32pm that afternoon, something tragic happened
I already noticed an empty soak/pit away close to where my post was, I dont know what happened
But a friend of mine played a shot which was drifting away from the goal towards the pit/ soak away
I dont know what kinda amebo spirit came over me - but i decided to go for the ball -

Got it mid way in the air and there was no floor underneath me anymore as i was rite over the soak away/pit
The rest is history
I woke up 10mins later right inside the soak away and the field was deserted
everyone to their own tent as they all laughed their belle out into the class and some where still on the field crying

It wasnt funny to me cos i would have hurt myself and you know Nigerians how scared we are (immediately something happens)
everyone takes to their heels then later start popping back out to see what happened!
I was compensated with various ice cream, water, etc - and i was so lucky it was an empty pit filled with weeds if not God knows what would have
happened!

Till date, i still laff @ what happened

thanks dear! this has made my day wink wink wink
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
@190- when reading ur post, I started laffing out really loud and pple at work thought I had suddenly run mad.

I forking boy you just made my day. I wish I had someone like you around me all the time to make me laff till eternity grin grin
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by livedit(f): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2011
Phate07:

You didn't have nightmares? Maybe you quite matured in your thinking then. Hopefully the trauma will totally disappear over time. If it doesn't, you might have to consider seeing a therapist.

I remember the first day i saw a corpse in the hospital. Sometimes, when am really depressed, i can still see the cold white face with its accussing eyes.

No. At least not any that I can recall. This happened in the winter, during my freshman year in high school. My younger brother was still in middle school. He did have a break down at school afterwards. Probably made it worse because he actually went over there to look at her up close and personal like he "macho". I can still remember what she looked like and everything.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by stagger: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2011
Once climbed the toilet bowl in my hostel by 6am to drop the previous day's food garbage, only to notice two giant rats in the bowl (which was already overflowing with faeces) rolling and frolicking in the mess. (pukes) Were they having sex with excreta as their jacuzzi? I really wonder.

Men, I still remember it like yesterday. I tried to escape but I was too pressed. I discharged on top of the startled rats and ran out instanta.

Subsequently, I learnt to hold the stuff until after the cleaners had done their work (usually by 10am) before attempting their use.

May God bless those cleaners and their families. They really tried for us those days.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2011
almost drowning at Alpha beach, lekki where i went to attend a friend's birthday 'beach party'

unforgettable experience. luckily there was a dude that swam to save me. i still remember him holding me by the waist and shouting, asking me not to struggle with the waves and be still.

even with the fact that he was a good swimmer, we both struggled to get out of the ocean.

my most traumatizing experience ever. i could have drowned that day but i thank God for his mercies.

i have never been to ANY beach again since that day !

NEVER AGAIN !
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by sweeti14(f): 2:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
When i was in primary school (can't remember which class) my mum used poisoned avocado pears to kill rats. I remember walking into the kitchen and seeing the dead rat close to the half eaten avocado pear. The sight, smell and everything was just traumatizing for me sad Till now i can't eat avocado pears because i always remember the rat incident cry
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Ojumiii(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2011
JSS3

United states women football team vs another team (cant recollect)
played the finals ( a penalty ) the last US female footballer stepped up
and scored and took off her shirt exposing her new looking Jugs/bra

Next day in class - my social studies teacher asked who watched yesterday football match
and in my usual amebo - i hushed him and shouted yes sir i did and the US team won and the last scorer scored and took off her BRA!!  Shocked Shocked
the class was quiet for 20seconds then i realized what i said

An uproar of laffter started immediately, that was the first time i saw my social studies teacher on his knees with tears dripping out of his eyes
I apologised immediately admist the laffter from my teacher and mates  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

this is a great and funny story.

Thanks for shearing it
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by tollu: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2011
stagger:

Once climbed the toilet bowl in my hostel by 6am to drop the previous day's food garbage, only to notice two giant rats in the bowl (which was already overflowing with faeces) rolling and frolicking in the mess. (pukes) Were they Being Intimate with excreta as their jacuzzi? I really wonder.

Men, I still remember it like yesterday. I tried to escape but I was too pressed. I discharged on top of the startled rats and ran out instanta.

Subsequently, I learnt to hold the stuff until after the cleaners had done their work (usually by 10am) before attempting their use.

May God bless those cleaners and their families. They really tried for us those days.

*barrrrffffff*
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by manny4life(m): 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
One of the most traumatizing experience I've had was the day I almost drowned in a 12'ft pool. Although I've had phobia in the past with water, and due to that I had little or no experience with pools at that depth, but hey I wanted to give it a try. My friends and I went to the sports complex for workout, after which we headed to the 12"ft deep pool, I walked on the steps leading into the pool and THEY pushed me into the pool. Few seconds later, I was struggling to stay afloat, and breath at same time, but thank GOD, I did not drown. I had received a crash course on swimming which helped me, though my friends knew I wasn't an avid swimmer, the fools were laughing while I was drowing. By his grace, it looked like I swam close to the steps, while one of them was about coming into the pool, I held firmly onto his legs, and then he realized I needed help and they rushed to my aid. It's one experience I NEVER forget, when I remember I would have been drowned, it just gives me jitter. I guess that's one of my post trauma I still have today about water.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by titsqueez(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
I remember in secondary sch ss1s i think, we were writing our final year exams in one of the command sec schs in Naija, i cant even remember the subject we were writing on that day but i know say the thing been hard small. Anyways the invigilator sat at the front of the class, the room was so quiet u could hear a pin drop. Then all of a sudden your guy released a trumpet-like fart. Oh boy i was caught between embarrassment and fear. The invigilator, one sgt major asked "who did that?" i raised up my hands and he told me to stand up . . the whole class bust into laughter.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by graluxxy054(f): 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
Few years ago, i was invited 2a prog 2 sing but stage fright made me flop. And now wen i tink about it, I tink of wat i shud and shudnt hav done.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by xynerise: 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
The day our landlady almost cut my kpekus. cry. I was just 10 then
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by saintneo(m): 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2011
You won't believe it but it happened to me.
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by cchioke: 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
the day my house got flooded men is terible cant still think about that day so sad cool cool cool
Re: Your Most Traumatising Experience? by Outstrip(f): 4:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
Some of these people you are calling friends stupid. Thank God everybody is okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Born Again People So Wicked? / Carnibalism In This Modern Era (may Be Offensive) / Women Help Me: I Know I Can Invest In My Children's Lives.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.