Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,768 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Nursing?canada?advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nursing?canada?advice Needed (2890 Views)

Cheapest Nursing School In Canada / Nursing Adaptation-ireland / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing?canada?advice Needed by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
Dear NLanders,

Advice needed. I hold a first degree in Microbiology, an MBA and work with one of the foremost banking institutions (4years and counting) here in Nigeria. From the outside, I've got a good deal. Good work ratings, a recent promotion , Suddenly (call it mid-20s crisis) I have begun to entertain thoughts of resigning from a 'good' job and relocating/travelling to study nursing in Canada, and yes, with no plans of returning to Nigeria! One or two people I have had to speak with think it's foolhardy, but a growing disconnect with the country, it's hapennings and a seeming lack of challenge on the job are nudging me towards that path.

Sometimes, I seem a little too scatter-brained, even to myself. It gets depressing as the days go by.

I'd appreciate some candid advice. Are the pleasant tales of fat earnings by nurses abroad really that rosy? What are the odds I will be faced with?
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by ojdollars(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2011
Follow your heart, if you have the Money to relocate, find a good school of nursing online or through someone that lives in Canada and the apply. With your cash in your acct, Cana go give you Visa one hand. If you like remain or come ooh, he nor concern them, Cheers.
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by keyne(f): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hmm, I dnt knw abt canada, but, I can say for U.S.
The govt keeps advertising the need for nurses which in turn leads to a great supply exceeding the demand, so, the pay and demand aint what it is used to be before esp. as a fresh RN. I heard it was betr in canada, but, in the states, I dnt know if it is woth quitting a good job, remember, the grass SEEMS greener on the other side always
good luck dear!
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by Delta007(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
You have an MBA with some good experience and you are looking to start all over again in nursing. Are you kidding me? Please slap yourself back to reality.

There's nothing wrong with relocating to another city/state/country. You should be looking at advancing your career. I hope nobody is drumming that "nurses make alot of money" crap into your brain. While they do, you put in lots of hours with little/no life. At your age and with your degree and experience, you are positioned to conquer your world.
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by DisGuy: 12:16am On Jul 23, 2011
sexyme:

Dear NLanders,

Advice needed. I hold a first degree in Microbiology, an MBA and work with one of the foremost banking institutions (4years and counting) here in Nigeria. From the outside, I've got a good deal. Good work ratings, a recent promotion ,  Suddenly (call it mid-20s crisis) I have begun to entertain thoughts of resigning from a 'good' job and relocating/travelling to study nursing in Canada, and yes, with no plans of returning to Nigeria! One or two people I have had to speak with think it's foolhardy, but a growing disconnect with the country, it's hapennings and a seeming lack of challenge on the job are nudging me towards that path.

Sometimes, I seem a little too scatter-brained, even to myself. It gets depressing as the days go by.

I'd appreciate some candid advice. Are the pleasant tales of fat earnings by nurses abroad really that rosy? What are the odds I will be faced with?

In addition to what Delta said maybe you just need a BREAK, take a 3 months break outside the country if your job allows you
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 23, 2011
Thanks everyone for chipping (or chirping?) in.

Appreciate all said,

will still give this some serious/more thought,

Thanks again.

Goodluck to me,
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by DRscience(f): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2018
sexyme:
Thanks everyone for chipping (or chirping?) in.

Appreciate all said,

will still give this some serious/more thought,

Thanks again.

Goodluck to me,
Hello
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by essentialone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please which universities in Canada is open for applications to BSc in Nursing as at today being 15th June, 2022?
Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by youngtee5(m): 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
essentialone:
Please which universities in Canada is open for applications to BSc in Nursing as at today being 15th June, 2022?
Lol a dead trend

1 Like

Re: Nursing?canada?advice Needed by essentialone(m): 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
youngtee5:

Lol a dead trend

How?

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Common Reasons Why Dubai Visa Or UAE Visa Is Rejected / NCAA To Strenghten Economic Regulation In 2017 / Why USA Is A Terrible Place To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.