Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Is Amosun Doing Concerning The Flood Issue In Ogun State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Amosun Doing Concerning The Flood Issue In Ogun State? (802 Views)

The Flood Of Yorubas Making Igbo Accounts And Articles / Pictures Of The Flood In Udaba-Ephei, Edo State / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Amosun Doing Concerning The Flood Issue In Ogun State? by topetall(f): 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2011
What is the Ogun State government doing concerning the flood issue in Ogun state. Cos all have been hearing in T.V stations, forums newspapers concerning the flood issue Fashola’s this –fashola dat. Amosun should not think that whatever is done in Lagos would automatically solve Ogun State’s drainage problem. I live in Ota (move from Opebi to Ota few years ago) and I can say there are no drainages in Ota. Individual house residents dig their own gutters and if neighbors feel they cant afford it, then whatever has been dug is practically useless. At least Lagos State can talk of clearing drainages. In Ota, there are no gutters if there are- then we av it for some few meters( this gutters are usually filled with sand and refuse) . The Ogun State Government should look into this especially Ota. The situation in Ota is disappointing, one would expect the industrial hub of Ogun State to be more developed than it is. People talk of influx of people from Lagos to Ogun State but Influx is not as rapid as it should have been. Most people will rather stay in lagos cos of the few amenities available- good/bad road, water, drainages, refuse disposal sys, entertainment /recreational centers etc. the poor state of the idiroko road and tollgate area cause a lot of traffic so why would one want to reside in Ota and work in Lagos. With roads in residential/ commercial areas more people (high,middle,low income earners) would be willing to live in Ota, there would be more developments, cinemas, eateries, amusement parks, etc. The influx we av are touts running from oshodi and other areas to Ota.

Four years ago, the major part of Ogun state housing estate corporation, Ota was flooded during the rainy season. we were told there was a dry lake within the estate and overflows every whatever year. The solution was for a deep drainage to channel the excess water out. The state owned estate cannot boast of a single tarred road/ drainage. The residents complained to the authorities and for like a week or two we saw diggers dig some few meters drainage( without channeling it out) four years later we are still expecting them to complete this project. The flood issue has made people hesitate to own houses in the estate. It was prayers that we av been using to stop a recurrence. Now the 1 month in a day rain has definitely caused another flood ( guess a lot of the prayer warriors were not present). I hope, really hope, this government will really do something. As for me if Amosun doesn’t solve this issues in Ota and just concentrates in Abeokuta commissioning bungalow 3x3 buildings as Daniel did, then no ACN anywhere.
Re: What Is Amosun Doing Concerning The Flood Issue In Ogun State? by DisGuy: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2011
Seems most developing state concentrate too much on their capital or perhaps that's the quickest way to raise revenue
Re: What Is Amosun Doing Concerning The Flood Issue In Ogun State? by seanet02: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
The Drainages are being cleared and houses on water courses are already being demolished by the state government in major areas like Olorun sogo, Kuto Market (Down market road), amolasho and isale abetu. this are areas i can confirm myself that have been cleared, others i can not vouch for since i have not been there.
Re: What Is Amosun Doing Concerning The Flood Issue In Ogun State? by kasiem(m): 6:09pm On Jul 22, 2011
Poster, abeg allow ur gov'nor to use this tenure to bicker with ogd, then, the next tenure will be for settling tinubu with the heavy tax that will be imposed on u guys. Then, the third will be for controlling flood.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Nigeria On A Descent To Anarchy / Gej Receives About $200m As Monthly Kick-back Of The Country’s Oil Earnings? / The Jos Crisis, Let The Truth Be Told. NEW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.