Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Moving From South Africa To Europe! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving From South Africa To Europe! (5894 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe / What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving From South Africa To Europe! by Jburg: 7:39am On Jul 23, 2011
Hello what country can i enter without visa with my S.A paper(associate spouse) which is valid for two years, and also how easy will it be for me to get visa with this paper here in S.A to any country of my choice.

Please travel experts in the house, urgent response needed!
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by steve13(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
Go to ireland or newzeland,its visa free to sa passport.
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by JerryAdams: 2:49am On Jul 25, 2011
You'll need a valid visa to enter Ireland except you're a South African citizen with South African passport or with passport from the following African countries: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, and Swaziland. Pls note that even if you're a spouse of any of the countries above and have just their resident permit without their passport, you will need to apply for a visa b4 can travel to Ireland.
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by Jburg: 5:29am On Jul 25, 2011
what if i'm going with my spouse?
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by anfanio: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
Jburg:

what if i'm going with my spouse?
If you DO NOT have a SA passport you need a visa, except you carry passport from one of the countries listed above by JerryAdams.
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by Arextex(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2011
Except if you are a South African or other visa exempt countries then you need a valid Visa to enter any country of your choice. Your "Accompany Spouse" Permit does not confer SA Citizenship on you. You still have to apply to the various embassies like others do (even if you are traveling with your wife)
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by yeye4live(m): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2011
at poster my friend stays in jo,bug n pretoria, dey can help cuse dey travel alot,if ure intrested mail me
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by Vicjustice: 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2011
steve_101:

Go to ireland or newzeland,its visa free to sa passport.
Where did you get this wrong info from? A South African passport requires as well visa as does a Nigerian passport.
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by noblegas2(m): 5:02am On Sep 13, 2011
Vicjustice:

Where did you get this wrong info from? A South African passport requires as well visa as does a Nigerian passport.

Excuse me mr Vic, i think it is you thats got the wrong info, STEVE is right!

/ 13SEP11 / 0500 UTC
National South Africa (ZA) /Destination New Zealand (NZ)

New Zealand (NZ)

Passport required.
- Passports and Passport replacing documents must be valid for
at least 1 month beyond the period of intended stay for
nationals of South Africa.

Visa required, except for A max. stay of 3 months:
Minors:
- Minors entering New Zealand For details, click here
Additional Information:
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to
cover their stay. For details, click here
- Visitors are required to hold documents required for their
next destination.
- All passengers (except residents of Tokelau) must obtain a
permit to enter Tokelau For details, click here
Warning:
- Visitors not holding return/onward ticket (with firm
bookings if travelling on special rate air fares) could be
refused entry For details, click here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/ 13SEP11 / 0501 UTC
National South Africa (ZA)
Destination Ireland (Rep. of) (IE)

Ireland (Rep. of) (IE)

Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
for the period of intended stay.

Visa required, except for Nationals of South Africa;
Minors:
- Children up to/incl.16 years of ageFor details, click here
- A separate visa is not required for children up to/incl. 16
years of age, provided For details, click here
Additional Information:
- Visitors holding passports containing a British inadmissible
stamp could be refused entry.
- Visitors are required to hold proof of sufficient funds to
cover their stay.
Warning:
- Irish immigration authorities do apply immigration controls
to persons, other than Irish or British citizens,
For details, click here
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused
entry.
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by Vicjustice: 9:05am On Sep 13, 2011
Dear noble_gas1
   That information from the Delta website is only just on papers, but it is not at all the procedure.
   It used to be Visa free for South African passport holders to travel to these countries including the Schengen territories and even the UK, but now, South Africans have exceeded their quota, and many are seeking asylum here and there; therefore, they are now required to obtain visas prior to arrival except for the very elite South Africans who are able to prove their social obligations and financial stance both to the Airline managements and to the Immigration Officers in the destination country.
   Know that 9 in 10 South Africans who travel to these mentioned countries on visa waiver are being stopped at the airport and deported at the expense of the Airline carriers and this development had long ago compelled airline companies to refuse to allow South African citizens to board their planes without visas.
   Now, an ordinary South African citizen is required to have a visa to travel to every EU state and other advanced countries as no Airline wants to allow them board without, and even if they manage to find their way into Europe airport, the chance that they will be stopped by immigration officers and deported is 90%
   So, you really do think that any South African citizen, irrespective of his/her calibre is entitled to the visa waiver travel to Europe because s/he holds an SA passport? That would be naive. Watch the UK Border Force and the Irish Immigration documentaries and verify that on airport arrival, (in the past,) most South African passport holders (without visa) are being kept in the (so called) Holding Room for up to 23 hours while the Immigration Officers do series of phone calls and verifications before eventually deporting them, where-as, a Nigerian visa holder is allowed into the country with relative ease. Now, no Airline Company wants to allow them on-board without a visa
Re: Moving From South Africa To Europe! by khukhi(f): 12:37am On Mar 06, 2012
Hi. Please go onto the South African home affairs web page for accurate info. There's a list of all country's that do not require a visa etc. You can also email them, the email address is there. They do reply within 2 business days. I've used they're site in that way before.

(1) (Reply)

Nike Art Gallery: All You Need To Know Before You Go / 5 Solid Truths About Living In Abuja / Rwanda.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.