Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria (7596 Views)

How Do I Make Google Play Store Default App Store On Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 / Download Paid Applications & Games For FREE On App Store(ios) - (iphone & Ipad ) / Apple App Store Hacked. Get Paid iOS App For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by xroad: 9:44am On Jul 23, 2011
Apple has expanded the Mac and iOS App Stores to reach another 33 countries, most of them in the Caribbean region, along with a few in Africa, the Mediterranean region and elsewhere. In addition to helping expand iOS device and Mac sales in those regions, the move will also make the iCloud service available to those countries when the service is rolled out this fall.

In the Caribbean region, the App Stores are now open in Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname , Turks and Caicos Islands, and Trinidad and Togabo. In addition, Algeria, Angola, Ghana, Nigeria, and Tanzania have been added in Africa, while Bahrain, Oman and Yemen have been added in the Middle East. The European and Eurasian region has picked up Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cyprus, and Iceland. Asian and southeast Asian countries Uzbekistan and Brunei have been included, along with the South American nation of Bolivia.

Existing Mac and iOS App Store developers who wish to start selling products to these new markets can simply add them to their available territories through their iTunes Connect accounts.

With this latest expansion, App Store apps are now available for purchase in about 123 nations. Apple still has some room left to expand, with several African, Middle Eastern, and South Pacific nations remaining unrepresented on the App Store.

I was able to confirm that Nigeria has indeed been listed, which hitherto, was not the case. However, one can only hope that there would not be any for of discrimination to our credit cards or extreme market segmentation as is currently available whereby a sizable number of quality apps are only available in the US app store.

I have not been able to make purchases from the Nigerian app store yet as I am not yet sure of what services i may lose if i switch my ID from the US app store where it is currently registered.

link : http://artwales.biz/apple-app-store-now-available-in-nigeria/
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by RhosJay: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hey, have you tried purchasing a US iTunes app from a Nigerian iTunes account, anybody who has pls share your experience
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by phrankar(f): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hey guys, pls I seek assistance on how to go back to the Nigerian App Store as I switched over to the American store. Each time I try to down, I usually get a mgs saying : app not available in this store, try Nigeria App Store: gurus I really need ur help to switch b to naija app ooo. Tnks
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2013
I have a Naija and USA iTunes account.

If an app is not avaialbale in Naija app store, i log out and log in with my USA acct details.

I am using my GTb Naira Mastercard on the Naija app store but using Apple USA gift cards on the USA acct.
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 30, 2016
Does anyone know which Nigerian cards work for payment cos none of mine work
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by fileorgin: 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
There has been so much conflict between Google and Nigerian Govt. that the smartphone users has been slowing turning more towards third-party app stores, Tutuapp app store for example now is being used by millions of users in Nigeria.
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by HarveyDeven: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
Yes, this is great news for all iOS users across the country!
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by SOMICMACPHERSON: 4:34am On Jan 04, 2018
Apple Store Free Download All App: Browse and download apps to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch from the App Store. The App Store has more than A million Apps and games for your iOS device which are programmes from Apple's iOS software development kit. That can't be all...http://www.earthprex.com/apple-store-app-store-download-free/

Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by Kevinton: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
The modern technology era has been helping people with completing various types of tasks! There are many tasks have become more comfortable and easier due to available software and apps! The apple company has been providing some great features for their consumers. The flirtymania is also becoming popular among the people who would like to get engaged with the world. Thanks for sharing this post with us!
Re: Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria by GingerbreadMen(m): 9:33am On Jun 24, 2022
This thread was made in 2011

(1) (Reply)

Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer / Introducing Ntel. Our Very Own. (photo) / Which Phone Has The Best Camera in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.