Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:40 AM

Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me (17710 Views)

Nairaland! Help!am Tired Of My Religion(jehovah Withness) / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by rome123: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2011
Am tired of being a jehovah's witness.

Am really tired of being a member of this religion(jehovah's witness).

There are reasons why am tired of this religion-

(1) we don't celebrate christmas
(2) we don't cellebrate new year
(3) we don't celebrate birthdays
(4) we don't celebrate valentine's day
(5) we don't celebrate easter
(6) we don't take part in politics
(7) we don't marry outside our religion
(cool The laws of the religion are very strict and too hard and many more which i cannot list to the end.

This religion is too hard. The laws are too hard and extremely hard to keep. I am just tired of this religion. I want to quit but the problem is that am already a member. Once you are a member there is no turning back, and am really desperate to quit. This religion deprives you of so  many things,the good things of life. I just can't bear it. What do I do? I am confused.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by daisy28: 11:54am On Jul 23, 2011
u sound as if u re in a cult,y cant u quit d religion;God gave us the priviledge to choose btw good and bad, the choice is ours. so u ve evry rite to stay or quit. if u rily want to leave its a move u ve gat to take on ur own. so beat it wink[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by pastie(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
MY ADVICE 4 U IS 2 STAY IF U KNW DAT D RELIGION WIL END U IN2 HEAVEN.CUS I BLYV NOTIN GOOD COM EASY[color=Black][/color]
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2011
@poster u re not even a witness, and u don't know anything about them, just looking for attention to critizise witnesses.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Emmyk(m): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
I dont even allow those guys in my house. [b] Once I tell 'em, LETS PRAY, they are pissed. cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by hakunajay(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2011
STACYM:

@poster u re not even a witness, and u don't know anything about them, just looking for attention to critizise witnesses.

^^^ seconded! Though I'm not one of them too, I've seen JW members that left the church without much fuss and I have instances where a member married a non member.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by rome123: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2011
@daisy28 its worse than you think.its just like being in a fraternity.one you in,there is no way out.
@pastie we(jehovah's witness)do not believe in going to heaven.we believe that god is going to turn this earth into a paradise where everything will be perfect and will live in it forever.
@stacym i was born a witness so i have been a member since birth.if you doubt me you can ask me any question about them and i will an answer.
How will i critizise my own people.and by the way i am too old for that.just seeking for advice.@daisy28 its worse than you think.its just like being in a fraternity.one you in,there is no way out.
@pastie we(jehovah's witness)do not believe in going to heaven.we believe that god is going to turn this earth into a paradise where everything will be perfect and will live in it forever.
@stacym i was born a witness so i have been a member since birth.if you doubt me you can ask me any question about them and i will an answer.
How will i critizise my own people.and by the way i am too old for that.just seeking for advice.

@daisy28 its worse than you think.its just like being in a fraternity.one you in,there is no way out.
How will i critizise my own people.and by the way i am too old for that.just seeking for advice.@daisy28 its worse than you think.its just like being in a fraternity.one you in,there is no way out.
How will i critizise my own people.and by the way i am too old for that.just seeking for advice.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by pastie(m): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2011
den go hung tranformer! undecided
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by MissyB3(f): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2011
Who says you cannot turn back? If you do, what will happen?

Food for thought - Your relationship with God is not and must not be by force, whoever tells you otherwise, lies.
If you feel imprisoned because you serve God, 1) you've been misoriented or 2) you worship in the wrong place and with the wrong sect.

2 Corinthians 3:17 -
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Change. Yes, you can.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
Emmyk:

I dont even allow those guys in my house. [b]Once I tell 'em, LETS PRAY, they are pissed. cheesy

grin grin grin grin
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by NoQualms1(f): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2011
pastie:

den go hung tranformer! undecided
^ hung transformer indeed. Smh
@OP, if you are sure God is leading you out of the religion, leave. But if itz cos if orisirisi celebrations then,
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by seanet02: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2011
Try Worshipping Ogun if you are tired of christianity or ajeri.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by daniellle(f): 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by akinnux(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2011
Jehovah Witness is one of the many Christian cult groups and thank God your eyes are now open by the Holy Spirit. What you need to do is simple, just give your life to Jesus Christ. The scripture says if the son of man (Jesus) sets you free, you shall be free indeed (John 8:36).
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by ektbear: 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2011
Lol. I have some JW relatives. It seems like a decent religion. A bit strict, like you say. They don't believe in the holy trinity though, only in God the father, iirc.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by FlamingGun: 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2011
Of course you can leave. There is such a thing as "disassociation" in which you write to your Body of Elders to say you no longer  want to be a witness. The Body of Elders may invite you to hear out your reasons for not wanting to continue. You may refuse the meeting. Alternatively, they may send two Elders to confirm that you wrote the letter. If confirmed, a short announcement is made to your Congregation to say you have voluntarily chosen not to be a witness anymore.

Choosing to disassociate is treated as ex-communication (disfellowship) with the attendant consequences.

You could spare yourself all that by simply fading away (i.e. skipping meetings, not participating in field service, etc.). This will put you first on "irregular" status, then after six months of not participating in field service and reporting time, on "inactive" status. Fading away offers less pain compared to disassociation or ex-communication. It gives you time to buy time - find new friends, move to a new locality if you can afford it, still talk to active witnesses without necessarily being shunned (although you may be considered "bad association" or may be "marked", etc.

Now you know.

FG

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by dipo2much(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ OP

You were never a JW. I bet my left-side testis
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by usbcable(m): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2011
dipo2much:

@ OP

ROTFLTTD
you want to kill me with laughter.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by location(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2011
Thank God i am a religious study student and i think i am in a privilege position to say that the purpose of religion is to direct the heart of man towards the existence of the Supreme BEING. if you feel that there are better and more enjoyable way to relate with the SUPREME BEING, then it is logical that you free yourself from every human impose doctrine and do what is needful of you to attain a state of satisfaction, remember, the first human was given liberty like air to do and undo, so i don't see why you can't get out of any form of yoke that is holding you down

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by r231(m): 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Who says you cannot turn back? If you do, what will happen?

Food for thought - Your relationship with God is not and must not be by force, whoever tells you otherwise, lies.
If you feel imprisoned because you serve God, 1) you've been misoriented or 2) you worship in the wrong place and with the wrong sect.

2 Corinthians 3:17 -
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Change. Yes, you can.

Bishop Pastress Missy B grin grin grin

so you knw bible like this cheesy cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Sike(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
Excuse me Sir/Madam, if you really wanna quit. . . U know wot to DO. #period
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by claremont(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Poster: Come and let me "bless" you into atheism. Freedom is bliss!!!
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by octar6: 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2011
religion,man's greatest enemy. U said u were born in2 jw by ur family members? Den get ready,when ur out of it,d might disown u. But follow ur heart,its very important,
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Mexzie(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2011
Let me say this, true worship to JEHOVAH comes with hard work, the price of everlasting life wasn't open just to everyone, thats why only 8 souls survived the flood. Only a few of the Isrealites made it to the promised land compared to the many that left Egypt initially. Do not come here or any other place and say things like this, you are even worse than those without faith because if given the opportunity the would hold fast to the truth. You yourself cant deny the fact that all that you learnt is not the truth. You are fully aware of reasons why we dont do mall that, that doesnt mean we dont hold recreational activities. Bible standards as a true christian is strict, the price of everlasting life in paradise on earth is great, that was why Jesus Christ came to die on our behalf DO NOT MOCK Jehovahs organization am sure you know the consequences, are you allowing the short stay you have to live deceive you. Dont forget your prime ends at 45 years, can you compare that to endless life in a peaceful new world with new sickness and death and pain of any kind would you give up that for mere "desires of the flesh" and lose GOD's approval, remember Moses lost out in atleast seeing the promised land all because of 'careless talk', The world is coming to an end and you very well know, the truth is the only salvation,

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Zenakoboko(m): 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2011
@ OP

shocked
E never reach that side. grin grin grin grin
Na wah O! undecided
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by markjac01: 2:04pm On Jul 28, 2011
STACYM:

thread locked!
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by fesse(f): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2011
@location

Seconded.

@poster, move away from cloud holding you down.

I believe you are an adult, you have the right to chose and live your life.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by MeGaStReEt: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2011
rome123:

Am tired of being a jehovah's witness.

Am really tired of being a member of this religion(jehovah's witness).

There are reasons why am tired of this religion-

(1) we don't celebrate christmas
(2) we don't cellebrate new year
(3) we don't celebrate birthdays
(4) we don't celebrate valentine's day
(5) we don't celebrate easter
(6) we don't take part in politics
(7) we don't marry outside our religion
(cool The laws of the religion are very strict and too hard and many more which i cannot list to the end.

This religion is too hard.  The laws are too hard and extremely hard to keep.  I am just tired of this religion. I want to quit but the problem is that am already a member.  Once you are a member there is no turning back, and am really desperate to quit.  This religion deprives you of so  many things,the good things of life. I just can't bear it.  What do I do?  I am confused.

Na Secret Cult??
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by MissyB3(f): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2011
r231:

Bishop Pastress Missy B grin grin grin

so you knw bible like this cheesy cheesy
Lmao! I just deh try. cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by Koolking(m): 2:16pm On Jul 28, 2011
I never knew quiting a doctrine could be this complicated. Life is free so does religion, except, it is a cult. You are free to oscillate from one religion/doctrine to other without any fear of persecution.

There is beauty in religion. You have the freedom to affiliate where you have fulfillment provided you are at peace with GOD.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by llexie: 2:22pm On Jul 28, 2011
There is abumdant life in Christ Jesus.

The bible says "you shall know the truth and the same truth will set you free". If you are really tired of this boundage then get the truth and be free, by coming to the Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Am Tired Of My Religion (Jehovah's Witness). Help Me by femooo: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2011
I am a witness and i find it hard to believe that you are a witness. If you are considering going out of Jehovah's organisation in order to use the world to the full, you must be ready to suffer the tragedy attach to disobeying the source of life(JEHOVAH). [color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / Symbolic Difference Between Pope Benedict And Pope Francis.(dressing) / Happy 68th Birthday To Bishop David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.