Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27605 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar pls search google well oh. You must not come back here with more nonsense pls. grin grin grin grin silly boy . . .
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 2:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
davidylan:

hahahahahaha dude saw "activity in guinea pig ileum - opioid receptor binding" on the link page and automatically concluded the "experiment" was carried out on a guinea pig?  shocked grin grin grin

bros abeg dont display such ignorance in public oh. Stop am! Please read the VERY FIRST LINE of the paper introduction . . . you know, under where it says "fulltext preview".

it still doesn't say the specimen wasn't guinea-pig but that's even besides the point. . . . .before we lose sight of the argument - the real debate was whether the way morphine would be medicinally administered in the hospital is the same way a user would use it? you said yes. . . . .i said no.

you said a drug can be medicinal and be destructive at the same time and you mentioned morphine as your example. . . . .and i said morphine in the same form(purity) as a user would take it? and you replied yes cos the impurity on the streets is the same as the impurity in the hospital.

you provided a link that identified the name of the impurity but not the cause/effects. . . .let's assume you are even right for argument's sake. . . .does this link now proves the way a user would use morphine is the same as a patient who uses it medicinally? of course not!

a medical practitioner will not administer morphine with alcohol to a patient in his ward, a user on the streets wouldn't know that. morphine + alcohol = fatality. a doctor will tell his patient to swallow the pill wholly so the medicine can be released slowly into the system. a user might break, chew or crush the pill which will cause too much of the drug to be released at a time. . . .

this was why i was arguing the form(physical content). how is it taken medicinally and recreationally? davidylan, there's a difference between using and abusing.

davidylan:

- From abstract of 1987 paper by Sadee - Patient sera were assayed by radioimmunoassay (RIA) and RRA after fentanyl administration and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and RRA after morphine administration. The results with both fentanyl assays were comparable, and no fentanyl metabolites were detectable by RRA after HPLC of serum extracts. In contrast, preliminary results with the HPLC-RRA procedure suggest the presence of an active morphine metabolite of unknown structure in sera obtained from patients on morphine therapy.

See? Patients! Patient sera! Not guinea pigs! cheesy

Pay attention next time before bleating meh like a goat on heat.  grin

this davidylan na proper olodo. . . . . hilly-billy on heat!
he probably thinks sera na person name grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oga, sera is the plural of serum - stop claiming what you don't know. . . . .this serum might have been taken from a guinea pig.
the specimen used for the experiment is a patient. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
davidylan:

hahahahahaha dude saw "activity in guinea pig ileum - opioid receptor binding" on the link page and automatically concluded the "experiment" was carried out on a guinea pig?  shocked grin grin grin

bros abeg dont display such ignorance in public oh. Stop am! Please read the VERY FIRST LINE of the paper introduction . . . you know, under where it says "fulltext preview".

spambot did me in!

it still doesn't say the specimen wasn't guinea-pig but that's even besides the point. . . . .before we lose sight of the argument - the real debate was whether the way morphine would be medicinally administered in the hospital is the same way a user would use it? you said yes. . . . .i said no.

you said a drug can be medicinal and be destructive at the same time and you mentioned morphine as your example. . . . .and i said morphine in the same form(purity) as a user would take it? and you replied yes cos the impurity on the streets is the same as the impurity in the hospital.

you provided a link that identified the name of the impurity but not the cause/effects. . . .let's assume you are even right for argument's sake. . . .does this link now proves the way a user would use morphine is the same as a patient who uses it medicinally? of course not!

a medical practitioner will not administer morphine with alcohol to a patient in his ward, a user on the streets wouldn't know that. morphine + alcohol = fatality. a doctor will tell his patient to swallow the pill wholly so the medicine can be released slowly into the system. a user might break, chew or crush the pill which will cause too much of the drug to be released at a time. . . .

this was why i was arguing the form(physical content). how is it taken medicinally and recreationally? davidylan, there's a difference between using and abusing.

davidylan:

- From abstract of 1987 paper by Sadee - Patient sera were assayed by radioimmunoassay (RIA) and RRA after fentanyl administration and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and RRA after morphine administration. The results with both fentanyl assays were comparable, and no fentanyl metabolites were detectable by RRA after HPLC of serum extracts. In contrast, preliminary results with the HPLC-RRA procedure suggest the presence of an active morphine metabolite of unknown structure in sera obtained from patients on morphine therapy.

See? Patients! Patient sera! Not guinea pigs!  cheesy

Pay attention next time before bleating meh like a goat on heat.  grin

this davidylan na proper olodo. . . . . hilly-billy on heat!
he probably thinks sera na person name grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oga, sera is the plural of serum - stop claiming what you don't know. . . . .this serum might have been taken from a guinea pig.
the specimen used for the experiment is a patient. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

the next thing would be for you to scan your birth cert(if you have the guts).

LMFAO! grin grin grin grin grin

You must be a cretin!

I should scan my birth cert to address your conjecture!

You have mental issues. Why don't we start by having you scan yours.  grin grin grin

coogar:

food is addictive.

Under the logic of moorons! grin grin grin grin

coogar:

because it was criminalized. . . by charlatans like yourself. how many times have the government re-classify marijuana. from class b to class c.
hell, they don't know and if it's irresponsible like you claim. . . .why are the people of the state of california pushing for it to be legalized.
they are irresponsible, aren't they? you see why i keep saying you are an asstard?

You are a mooron!

How come it has not been legalised?

So the experts that advise govenrments are charlatans but retards like you that cannot calculate 50% and who says driving is like crack are scientists?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

coogar:

it's sad but true. your foolish self thinks because drug users deliberately used drugs, they are culpable and thus deserve no sympathy.
but by the same token, a driver who went past the speed limit and crashed and died. . . is he not culpable? is he not as irresponsible as a crack user who deliberately overdosed? can you hear yourself, geriatric charlatan?

You are a cretin?

What school failed your existence?

What made you come to the conclusion that I think those that drive recklessly are not culpable or deserve my pity?

More mooronic conjectures, community college science rat? grin grin grin

coogar:

what a ridiculous analogy from the chief spaz himself. . . .we are talking about fatality - he's talking about getting wounded in fights and snake-bites.
you deserve a chieftancy of lunatic analogies. keep going.

You are a cretin. Do more people not die from fights than snake bites? Does that mean fighting is more dangerous than a snake bite or someon with brain cells will first look at what proportion of people with snake bites die and compare it with what proportion of people die from fights.

coogar:

the stats is on google - look for it and bring the answer here. jeeez, the onus is on you to prove me wrong. don't be such a lazy fool.
step up to the task and prove me wrong the rate of death in auto-accidents is more than crack usage.

You are a cretin!

It is my onus to prove for you an argument you could not back up with proof?  grin grin grin grin

coogar:

the same fake god who was trying to divide 300 million with 2.1 million virgin users? grin grin grin grin
you are a disgrace to humanity. an open sore on the face of humanity. grin

prove it!

this is because you are still a fool. 50% of the active population. it excludes babies, children under 12 and grannies in their 90s.
take this set of people out of 300 million and the number reduces to say 220 million.

where in the charts did it say the 40% comprises of one-time users?
on one side of your mouth, cannabis is irresponsible, it's addictive and it damages people. . . . .on the other side of your rusty mouth, there are one-time only users of cannabis. you are a product of adult Reproduction gone wrong.
like i have said. . . . .delete your username and start again. you are a big foooooooooooooooooooool!

You are a true person.  grin grin grin grin grin

Now lets get to the shredding! grin grin grin grin

You ready! grin grin grin

You sure! grin grin grin

Start calling for your mama now, cretin!

So if a survey says: "Percentage of people that have use Marijuana", how can you be so daft not to realise it must include anyone and everyone that has used it, including one-time users only?

Do you not realise you are plainly a person to not be able to figure that out? You need your God to point that out to you? And you claim you are studying science? At which quack school? grin grin grin grin grin

Only a conjecture throwing cretin will say 50% of Americans smoke pot every day.

person, according to US government figures, only 15.2m Americans used pot in a month in 2008.

See Apendix H, Table G.5, page 246: http://www.oas.samhsa.gov/nsduh/2k8nsduh/2k8Results.pdf

Is 15.2m half of 300m in the maths you did at your failed school?

Bloody product of a failed education. You will always be intellectually shredded if you decide to take on your God!

Now deny you are not a person!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

coogar:

this davidylan is an ignoramus sha.
the link you provided is inconclusive and the experiment was carried out on a guinea pig.

i can now conclude the average nigerian has the attention span of an ewe. grin
david, sorry - try again.

person, you are the one talking about inconclusive.

Was this your moronic evidence you provided for food being addictive conclusive?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2707143.stm

You have your brain up your arse? grin grin grin grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2011
This nairaland is a cretin.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by jaybee3(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
Who is a cretin?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
jay bee:

Who is a cretin?

Conjectures are cretins.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by jaybee3(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^
Thank uuuuuuuu

Gonna need more help grin grin grin grin grin

Who is a reeeetard?

Who is a slowpoke?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2011
jay bee:

^^^^
Thank uuuuuuuu

Gonna need more help  grin grin grin grin grin

Who is a reeeetard?

Who is a slowpoke?
A moooron is a reetard. Someone who is a god of someone who is the rabbi of the other.

A slowpoke will bow down and kiss an intellectual god's brogues.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by jaybee3(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
You delivered yet again. Thank uuuuuuuu

How about simpletons and fucktards? Who are these peeps?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
jay bee:

You delivered yet again. Thank uuuuuuuu

How about simpletons and fucktards? Who are these peeps?

A simpleton is an onanist who is also an NL omniscient

Fucktards ingests marijuana irresponsibly in physical form.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2011
denzel2009:

A simpleton is an onanist who is also an NL omniscient

Fucktards ingests marijuana irresponsibly in physical form.

Interesting use of words there!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
davidylan:

coogar pls search google well oh. You must not come back here with more nonsense pls. grin grin grin grin silly boy . . .

replied you like 3 mins after you wrote this. . . . .but the spambot swallowed it.

you were wrong. . . . . .patient sera is not human. sera is not a name(it's the plural of serum) and the word "patient" in the context it was used is the specimen(guinea pig).

patient: a person or a thing that is the recipient of some action.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
Cracking up at the definitions.
NL is a big joke.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
Sagamite:

Interesting use of words there!

You guys should just sheath your swords. The three both of yous have made valid points, we can now close this and commiserate with Amy's family. BTW, I thought you and coogar aka sauron, jackal are best of friends here.

And that toxicologist davidylan boy, we will send him to rehab, no no no no and will give him a valerie to curb his onanism  cheesy
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by armyofone(m): 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
who need a lab when i can get my dose of science on NL. Lab assistant, close the lab jor i'm learning here
you guys should have use science to help Amy, i will miss her style of makeup
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Mobinga: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2011
Coogar is exactly the same as Sauron.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
Mobinga:

Coogar is exactly the same as Sauron.

Don't blow speaker like that jo.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

replied you like 3 mins after you wrote this. . . . .but the spambot swallowed it.

you were wrong. . . . . .patient sera is not human. sera is not a name(it's the plural of serum) and the word "patient" in the context it was used is the specimen(guinea pig).

DUDE!  shocked cheesy

I have been in toxicology going on 7 yrs now . . . NEVER in my life have i ever seen the word "patient" used for an animal before. Sorry when we use guinea pigs (i use them for routine testing, do you?) we call them what they are "test animals/specie". Anywhere the term "patient" is used it strictly refers to humans and one seeking treatment for a condition.

This is how the dictionary defines one - Noun: A person receiving or registered to receive medical treatment.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

cheesy dont worry, i know exactly whaqt sera is. I have some sitting in a freezer waiting for testing . . . i'm positive it is not your surname.

Olodo na im full here. Ask for a refund of your school fees. Product of ijebu ode grammar school. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by armyofone(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
so funny thread. I'm sure Amy must be laughing in the spirit world grin grin grin
and thanking you all here for making her day.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2011
davidylan:

DUDE!  shocked cheesy

I have been in toxicology going on 7 yrs now . . . NEVER in my life have i ever seen the word "patient" used for an animal before. Sorry when we use guinea pigs (i use them for routine testing, do you?) we call them what they are "test animals/specie". Anywhere the term "patient" is used it strictly refers to humans and one seeking treatment for a condition.

This is how the dictionary defines one - Noun: A person receiving or registered to receive medical treatment.

stop embarrassing yourself. . . . .ask your professors. . . . .a patient can be an animal or thing. . . .obviously, you thought sera is a name that was why you kept repeating patient sera. . . . .how can the word "patient" be referred to as human in this context. . . .you go school at all? all these years in the laboratory and you learnt rubbish. any recipient of action is a patient. . . . . .if you dig deep into your dictionary. . . .you will find it there.

beside's the abstract you intelligently quoted mentioned rat's brain membrane. . . .not human!
davidylan, refund the fees you paid spending eons in the lab.

like i told you and sagamite. . . . . .i am the origin of science and math!

patient [ˈpeɪʃənt]
adj
1. enduring trying circumstances with even temper
2. tolerant; understanding
3. capable of accepting delay with equanimity
4. persevering or diligent a patient worker
5. Archaic admitting of a certain interpretation
n
1. (Medicine) a person who is receiving medical care
2. (Rare) a person or thing that is the recipient of some action
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/patient
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Theblessed(f): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Well, does it surprise anyone? shocked shocked

In fact, we are disappointed it took this long, really!

Not long ago, we said good bye to the famous Irish Footballer - George Best whose own addiction was out of this world and now, Amy!

But, have some of you with this demon, learnt your lessons?  No!  

The fact is, Amy is in hell right now, with the likes of Best.  And those of you afflicted with such demon and whatever kind you might be swimming in right now, will soon be joining them, celebrating pain, anguish, gnashing of teeth and eternal hell fire with your chief master 'satan' in the middle of it all because hell is real , get it!.  Unless you repent now you still have chance, and seek spiritual help.

For those of you, who are into alternative therapy, wisen up - for no amount of counselling or checking in and out of rehab would restore you except, you are spiritually delivered by a seriously anointed Man of God.  

This is because, addiction is demonic and not any 'ol Man of God can spiritually, hit the demons where it hurts and destroy them except those, who are specially anointed with the Holy Ghost gift of Healing and Deliverance.  Not any 'ol Man of God can deliver and set you free from the bondage!

In addition, to be able to maintain and sustain your healing and deliverance, you too have a responsibility to completely forsake sin and excessive material nature of this world and give your life to God else, satan will find his way back again, into an empty house - YOU!  

Then, you'll be on your way to celebrate in hell with him because, hell is specially designated for satan and his angels as a result, he promised he would not go there alone, without God's children therefore, he is looking for God's children to share the experience with.

So, make yourself available to him if you wish!

Look, Heaven will never touch a demon possesed, so called child of God with a badge pole because, Heaven is pure and only purity exist in Heaven therefore, repent now and get deliverance.

Amy's case is a tragedy, any young person should learn from including those childish adults.

The Bible tells us 'Its finished'. Yes, it is finished, as Christ paid the price on Calvery for us but it's for those who repent and accept Jesus Chrish as their Lord and Saviour. Tragically, Amy might not be there and certainly, not with drugs and alcohol coming out of her ears - whose funeral's next, yours? angry

In this regard, some Igbo proverbs warns us that, 'Mkpuru osisi na ato nwa nnunu uto na akafu ya! Odukwara anyi odu si, 'Iji nkpochinti na eso ozu la nime ili'. angry  Amy's addiction to drugs and alcohol, confirmed this. Unfortunately, I have relatives in this age group and that's why it's so painful to ponder.  Those with ears, make una hear!

Onye nwua, ya achisa owa!
[/size][/b]
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^Preach Pastor Mrs Temitope Joshua.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

stop embarrassing yourself. . . . .ask your professors. . . . .a patient can be an animal or thing. . . .obviously, you thought sera is a name that was why you kept repeating patient sera. . . . .how can the word "patient" be referred to as human in this context. . . .you go school at all? all these years in the laboratory and you learnt rubbish. any recipient of action is a patient. . . . . .if you dig deep into your dictionary. . . .you will find it there.

beside's the abstract you intelligently quoted mentioned rat's brain membrane. . . .not human!
davidylan, refund the fees you paid spending eons in the lab.

like i told you and sagamite. . . . . .i am the origin of science and math!

patient [ˈpeɪʃənt]
adj
1. enduring trying circumstances with even temper
2. tolerant; understanding
3. capable of accepting delay with equanimity
4. persevering or diligent a patient worker
5. Archaic admitting of a certain interpretation
n
1. (Medicine) a person who is receiving medical care
2. (Rare) a person or thing that is the recipient of some action
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/patient

This  has reached nauseating proportions . . . please read the TITLE of the paper where the initial discovery was made - http://www.springerlink.com/content/np8132074l277047/

It clearly spells the sample as HUMAN SERUM! Here let me post the title - Improved Radioreceptor Assay of Opiate Narcotics in Human Serum: Application to Fentanyl and Morphine Metabolism

Both papers come from the same Sadee lab and this 1987 paper is the number 1 reference in the 1990 paper.

The level of stupidity from you has gone past funny to outright despicable. Sorry but look expressly at your own definitions - see where it has "(medicine)"? That is your definition because the blood samples were clearly drawn from patients undergoing morphine therapy.

With regard to me assuming sera was a surname, i'm going to let that slide . . . you're just dumb. Have you EVER in your life drawn human/mouse blood before? I have. Have you ever extracted blood serum (human/mice/bovine) before? I have . . . so keep shut pls. Idiots just posting what they see on google and claiming they have 2 brain cells. Go play with your playstation dumbo.

With regard to the "rat brain membrane" you talked about - if you werent too stup[i]i[/i]d and slow you would wait for me to school you on why its there. Read the abstract:

A recently developed radioreceptor[b] assay[/b] (RRA) (1) that employs 3H-naloxone and rat brain membrane homogenates was improved two ways. First, the brain membranes were preincubated in the presence of sodium ions, and second, manganase-II ions were added to the sample incubations. These changes enhanced the assay sensitivity and reproducibility with stored membrane preparations and reduced the effects of serum constituents (Na+) on ligand–receptor binding.

Idiot now listen . . . this is your classical competitive receptor binding assay. The rat brain membrane here is used as the receptor source while 3H naloxone is the competitor. The "radio" in the assay name refers to the use of radioactive material (3H naloxone in this case) as the competitor (competes with sample for binding to limited number of receptors).

the idea behind this assay is that if your sample contains a compound that also binds to the receptors expressed by the rat brain membranes, it will reduce the amount of 3H naloxone bound and thus the amount of radioactivity you measure by scintillation counting. That sample is CLEARLY spelled out in the other part of the abstract . . .

Patient sera were assayed by radioimmunoassay (RIA) and RRA after fentanyl administration and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and[b] RRA after morphine administration[/b]. The results with both fentanyl assays were comparable, and no fentanyl metabolites were detectable by RRA after HPLC of serum extracts. In contrast, preliminary results with the HPLC-RRA procedure suggest the presence of an active morphine metabolite of unknown structure in sera obtained from patients on morphine therapy.

Dude, when it comes to soccer i will not post where you post. But when it comes to science goat heads like you should not argue with me.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2011
davidylan:

This  has reached nauseating proportions . . . please read the TITLE of the paper where the initial discovery was made - http://www.springerlink.com/content/np8132074l277047/

It clearly spells the sample as HUMAN SERA!

stop embarrasing yourself, davidylan.

you quoted the abstract. . . . .not the whole experiment.
the abstract is like the preface to a project. . . . they were explaining what happened when the experiment was performed on a guinea-pig and they were just going to experiment on human membrane. . . .  that was the same abstract you quoted  before the experiment.

wetin happen to your comprehension skills. please copy and paste the whole thing and let intellectuals decipher each line one after the other.
i am tired of this argument!

A recently developed radioreceptor assay (RRA) (1) that employs 3H-naloxone and rat brain membrane homogenates was improved two ways. First, the brain membranes were preincubated in the presence of sodium ions, and second, manganase-II ions were added to the sample incubations. These changes enhanced the assay sensitivity and reproducibility with stored membrane preparations and reduced the effects of serum constituents (Na+) on ligand–receptor binding. Patient sera were assayed by radioimmunoassay (RIA) and RRA after fentanyl administration and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and RRA after morphine administration. The results with both fentanyl assays were comparable, and no fentanyl metabolites were detectable by RRA after HPLC of serum extracts. In contrast, preliminary results with the HPLC-RRA procedure suggest the presence of an active morphine metabolite of unknown structure in sera obtained from patients on morphine therapy.

where was anything human mentioned here? where? where?? where
you need to get a refund! i mean it. i will hire a very good attorney for you. . . .all the things you learnt wasting good years in the laboratory. . . .i learnt them watching youtube. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Abuloma80(f): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2011
What? angry angry angry. The thread is now 16 pages? What is so special and so bothering about the matter especially hear in Nigeria today?

Amy Winehouse, bluntly made up her mind to follow this life style of
"on drugs, in Rehabs, out of Rehab and be more celebrity,

back on the drugs"
She knew and saw all the consequences celebrities, eg Anna

Nicole Smith
, an American model, actress and television personality. Died in Feb/2007 (4yrs ago) as a result of an overdose of

prescription drugs. Many others in similar manner. That was enough lesson to her. Let it be lesson to others,  
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar:

stop embarrasing yourself, davidylan.

you quoted the abstract. . . . .not the whole experiment.
the abstract is like the preface to a project. . . . they were explaining what happened when the experiment was performed on a guinea-pig and they were just going to experiment on human membrane. . . .  that was the same abstract you quoted  before the experiment.

wetin happen to your comprehension skills. please copy and paste the whole thing and let intellectuals decipher each line one after the other.
i am tired of this argument!

A recently developed radioreceptor assay (RRA) (1) that employs 3H-naloxone and rat brain membrane homogenates was improved two ways. First, the brain membranes were preincubated in the presence of sodium ions, and second, manganase-II ions were added to the sample incubations. These changes enhanced the assay sensitivity and reproducibility with stored membrane preparations and reduced the effects of serum constituents (Na+) on ligand–receptor binding. Patient sera were assayed by radioimmunoassay (RIA) and RRA after fentanyl administration and by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and RRA after morphine administration. The results with both fentanyl assays were comparable, and no fentanyl metabolites were detectable by RRA after HPLC of serum extracts. In contrast, preliminary results with the HPLC-RRA procedure suggest the presence of an active morphine metabolite of unknown structure in sera obtained from patients on morphine therapy.

where was anything human mentioned here? where? where?? where
you need to get a refund! i mean it. i will hire a very good attorney for you. . . .all the things you learnt wasting good years in the laboratory. . . .i learnt them watching youtube. grin

refresh your browser and read my rebuttal. As for asking where anything human was mentioned - i'm assuming you cant read a title too or do you need glasses? Idiot of the highest order. cheesy Dont know what rat brain membranes are for in an RRA? That is supposed to be college pharmacology . . . oh i forgot, many of you have not even passed there yet.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Mobinga: 8:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
denzel2009:

Don't blow speaker like that jo.

Why not?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
davidylan:

refresh your browser and read my rebuttal. As for asking where anything human was mentioned - i'm assuming you cant read a title too or do you need glasses?  of the highest order.  cheesy Dont know what rat brain membranes are for in an RRA? That is supposed to be college pharmacology . . . oh i forgot, many of you have not even passed there yet.

stop being a fool. . . . . .the title is the experiment on human(that i agree) but the abstract you quoted was talking about the tests carried out on a rat's brain membrane and the excerpt you quoted was lifted from the abstract(talking about the rat's brain membrane).

i have lifted the whole passage and anyone who comes to read it will see you as a semi-illiterate that you are. after so many years doing your pharmacology, you still thought sera is the name of a patient. grin grin grin this is at best laughable. i will print out your post and paste it on ma wall so i can have something to laugh at when i am bored.

davidylan, you are a living proof of divine sense of humour.
i am thankful for tools like you and sagamite. . . . .cos without you guys, the rest of us wouldn't have succeeded in life. grin cheesy
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
coogar, you are too funny. This is concrete proof that being able to use google does not indicate intelligence.

coogar:

stop being a fool. . . . . .the title is the experiment on human(that i agree) but the abstract you quoted was talking about the tests carried out a rat's brain membrane and the excerpt you quoted was lifted from the abstract(talking about the rat's brain membrane).

Oh now you know the title indicates the tests did include human serum? grin grin Where you blind before?

coogar:

The tests were not carried out on rats brain membrane man yi! Haba! cheesy Should i perform the experiment for you before you believe? The rat membrane is your receptor source!
i have lifted the whole passage and anyone who comes to read it will see you as a semi-illiterate that you are. after so many years doing your pharmacology, you still thought sera is the name of a patient. grin grin grin this is at best laughable. i will print out your post and paste it on ma wall so i can have something to laugh at when i am bored.

davidylan, you are a living proof of divine sense of humour.
i am thankful for tools like you and sagamite. . . . .cos without you guys, the rest of us wouldn't have succeeded in life. grin cheesy

ok dude here is another publication that i think will be useful to a dunce like you. Let me break it down in detail . . .

Title - Fundamental aspects of radioreceptor assays (RRA)

Excerpts from the paper:

A representation of the receptor-radioligand interactions is given in Fig. 1. When a
measured quantity of[b] radioligand[/b] is added to specific receptors the radioligand binds to
form a labelled complex. If unlabelled ligand is introduced it will compete for the binding
sites, displacing the radioligand. At equilibrium, the bound radioactivity remaining is a
function of the amount of cold ligand added. It is possible to determine unknown
quantities of this unlabelled ligand by comparing the bound radioactivity displaced by an
unknown sample with the amount displaced by a series of solutions of known
concentration.

David's comment - note the highlighted key criteria for an RRA - radioligand (3H naloxone in the earlier case), specific receptors (rat brain membranes) and unlabelled ligand (unknown chemical compd from human serum)

More excerpts:

The identification of the receptor. It is necessary to demonstrate that the bound
radioligand is attached to the appropriate receptor
before an RRA can be developed.
This is indicated by: the saturability of the receptor preparation; the specificity of the
binding; and the heterogeneous distribution of the specific receptors in a given tissue. . . .

Further evidence for the specificity of 3H-diazepam binding to rat brain membranes
was indicated by the inability of numerous drugs such as tricyclic antidepressants and
neuroleptics to inhibit the binding [4]. The authors have obtained similar results
(unpublished data) with some pharmacologically inactive benzodiazepine metabolites
such as 7-aminoflunitrazepam (Fig. 7).

note the use of rat brain membranes here as a receptor source for 3H-diazepam (here used as the radio ligand)

Paper link - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0731708586800814

See basic scheme attached here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin / Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.