Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27590 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Really?

Needed it?

You must be having a laugh!

No, they have no self-control and are mostly carefree. It is a popular artistic trait.

If I can't shoulder a responsibility, and I am an adult, my brain will never tell me the solution is drugs. That is a daft move.

Am I suppose to have pity for such people?

HELL, FCKING NO! Good riddance!

If you can't shoulder responsibility and you hang around people who do recreational drugs, you might be influenced.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

so how come you and a million other nigerian youths didn't get influenced by fela anikulapo kuti. . . . . .where was natural science then?

No 1, there are millions of kids that were influenced and are still being influenced by Fela.

No 2, I can only speak for myself. I was not exposed to Fela and his way of life, I had great parents and I am more intelligent and confident than 99% of people. That mixture makes it harder for me to fall to peer pressure than the average Joe. You can see my consistent divergent views that I put on NL. I am happy and comfortable not to conform. Most people aren't. FACT!

coogar:

referent power is just a myth created by lazy parents to blame these celebrities(who have become scapegoats). i don't see how what artistes say or do affect kids when their school bus-drivers swear at other motorists, their parents smoke and they see things themselves. i never stuck my mum's scarf behind my shirt and jump from a skyscraper because i wanna emulate superman.

Cut this bullshyt, men.

Don't be coming with this dismissive view of proven, accepted and irrefutable scientific and empirical research done by world experts over wide samples that are being paid fck loads in the world's top unis.

Cut that crap.

Go and read about "Power" in some social science textbook.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

so how come you and a million other nigerian youths didn't get influenced by fela anikulapo kuti. . . . . .where was natural science then? referent power is just a myth created by lazy parents to blame these celebrities(who have become scapegoats). i don't see how what artistes say or do affect kids when their school bus-drivers swear at other motorists, their parents smoke and they see things themselves. i never stuck my mum's scarf behind my shirt and jump from a skyscraper because i wanna emulate superman.

Theres a HUGE difference between kids and teenagers. Lets not get things mixed up please. As for the Fela bit, is Nigerias being the highest consumer of marijuana a coincidence ?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

so why should it affect the other kids? i mean - look at the hypocrisy. you see kids urging a movie heroes(james bond, jason bourne, jack bauer) to go on and kill the bad guys. as soon as you see arms on celebrities (chris brown or jay-z), the media slams hard on them that they are bad examples to the same kids who support violence on tv. where do we draw the line?

Perhaps because they are just more impressionable or due to poor parenting? I partially agree with your point of view and i put this down to the poor parenting skills on parade today. Too many parents willing to give up their responsibilities to teachers and the church.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

so why should it affect the other kids? i mean - look at the hypocrisy. you see kids urging a movie heroes(james bond, jason bourne, jack bauer) to go on and kill the bad guys. as soon as you see arms on celebrities (chris brown or jay-z), the media slams hard on them that they are bad examples to the same kids who support violence on tv. where do we draw the line?

Cut this crap, mate!

It will be silly to say the gangster rap music has not affected the way black American youths have been killing each other in gangs.

coogar:

taking the drugs is not where the irresponsibility lies - it is how much they took!
not every drug user overdoses or dies. . . .as we all know, too much of everything is bad. . .same goes with food, alcohol and even water.

Taking drugs is were the irresponsibility began.

You know it is addictive, you know it is not good for you and you know you don't need it.

It is a No-Brainer for people with brains.

denzel2009:

If you can't shoulder responsibility and you hang around people who do recreational drugs, you might be influenced.

Hell fcking NO, nigga!

You really don't know me.

I have always been an independent mind and even the fcking leader.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Pharoh: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
Hmm rest in peace amy.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2011
phreakabit:

Theres a HUGE difference between kids and teenagers. Lets not get things mixed up please. As for the Fela bit, is Nigeria being the highest consumer of marijuana a coincidence ?

where did you pluck this stat from? are you saying people started using marijuana after fela was born? shocked shocked shocked

davidylan:

Perhaps because they are just more impressionable or due to poor parenting? I partially agree with your point of view and i put this down to the poor parenting skills on parade today. Too many parents willing to give up their responsibilities to teachers and the church.

mostly, it's poor parenting - which is why i think people should not be harsh on amy winehouse. fu[i]c[/i]k knows the kind of background she had.

Sagamite:

No 1, there are millions of kids that were influenced and are still being influenced by Fela.

in nigeria? i am yet to see anyone in his panties, half his face painted and walking around with a fat joint in lagos.

No 2, I can only speak for myself. I was not exposed to Fela and his way of life, I had great parents and I am more intelligent and confident than 99% of people. That mixture makes it harder for me to fall to peer pressure than the average Joe. You can see my consistent divergent views that I put on NL. I am happy and comfortable not to conform. Most people aren't. FACT!

what is the fate of other kids who didn't have great parents? is it their fault they turned out to be the degenerates of the society?

Cut this bullshyt, men.

Don't be coming with this dismissive view of proven, accepted and irrefutable scientific and empirical research done by world experts over wide samples that are being paid fck loads in the world's top unis.

Cut that crap.

Go and read about "Power" in some social science textbook.

let's agree to disagree. . . . . .i believe bad parenting is the major ill in the world today.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

let's agree to disagree. . . . . .i believe bad parenting is the major ill in the world today.

I agree on this one.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
It"s a case of nature vs nuture.

1. Some pople are wired to be suicidal and reckless.
2. Some are influenced to be suicidal and reckless.

The first group don"t need any refrence point or role model.
All they need is contact with drugs and it takes over their lives.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

where did you pluck this stat from? are you saying people started using marijuana after fela was born? shocked shocked shocked

mostly, it's poor parenting - which is why i think people should not be harsh on amy winehouse. fu[i]c[/i]k knows the kind of background she had.

in nigeria? i am yet to see anyone in his panties, half his face painted and walking around with a fat joint in lagos.

what is the fate of other kids who didn't have great parents? is it their fault they turned out to be the degenerates of the society?

coogar, don't argue with Science, men!

Invest and read a book on psychology. This is not a case of agree to disagree. It is a case of educating yourself.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Cut this crap, mate!
It will be silly to say the gangster rap music has not affected the way black American youths have been killing each other in gangs.

sagamite, there have been black on black violence before rap. . . . .there have been gangs before hip-hop.

Taking drugs is were the irresponsibility began.

i disagree. some of these drugs are social drugs. as long as it's a consumable quantity, you will not even be arrested.

You know it is addictive, you know it is not good for you and you know you don't need it.

sagamite, alcohol is also addictive. people take it for recreational use. the irresponsibility starts when people take too much.
hell, food is also addictive - why don't the authorities stop obese folks from going to eateries to pile more junk foods in their system. they know it's not good for them and yet they still take it. like i said, taking it is not the irresponsibility. . . .lacking the self control to overdose is the irresponsibility.

It is a No-Brainer for people with brains.

you will be surprised at the number of leaders who take drugs. . . . .you will be!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by 190: 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2011
IF SHE HAD SMOKE IGBO SHE WOULDNT HAVE DIED EARLY

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2011
It is a shame. I remember watching a documentary on the late singer. It featured her home - amazing. It is sad that she is leaving all that behind - the shoes, the clothes and loads of other stuff. Loads of young girls lust after these modern day goddesses but they must understand the pain that some of these starts go through.

another star gone too soon.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

1, Well, No people didn't start smoking after Fela was born or after he did, he only just increased its popularity and "cool" factor.

2, I dont know the kind of friends you have , as for me in high school i had 10 friends 7 out of those 10 did marijuana and we were still friends. I never tried it . However I can assure you that the reason they did it was because of 2 things Fela anikulapo kuti and Bone thugs n harmony. in my former neighborhood 80% of teenagers do weed too, not because they need it, but just to feel cool. I dont have to lie here because it will make absolutely no sense, but I can swear by anything that  Fela is like a god to them, hence plays a key role in their way of reasoning .
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
you will be surprised at the number of leaders who take drugs. . . . .you will be!

why do you think they employ "geeks" to help make decisions for them?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

sagamite, there have been black on black violence before rap. . . . .there have been gangs before hip-hop.

Not as rampant as when it was made cool and an aspiration.

coogar:

i disagree. some of these drugs are social drugs. as long as it's a consumable quantity, you will not even be arrested.

So you admit it is not a "need"? It is a carefree attitude in societies where people are well informed?

coogar:

sagamite, alcohol is also addictive. people take it for recreational use. the irresponsibility starts when people take too much.
hell, food is also addictive - why don't the authorities stop obese folks from going to eateries to pile more junk foods in their system. they know it's not good for them and yet they still take it. like i said, taking it is not the irresponsibility. . . .lacking the self control to overdose is the irresponsibility.

I really don't see how you can compare addictiveness of alcohol or food with crack?

You give such simple arguments without any thought.

Let me give you an analogy.

A punch is painful. But believe me, it is different when you get a punch in the face from Halle Berry and if you get one in the face from Vladimir Klitschko. I will advise not to take too much from the latter.

Try and give weightings to things in your arguments and don't be giving simple ones.

coogar:

You are right on that. It does not make it any less irresponsible.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2011
i dont know her o grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2011

Social drugs, recreational drugs, they are still drugs. Ecstasy,hallucinogenic mushrooms and LSD are said to be recreational drugs but they can and do cause flashbacks and bad trips. A person with a bad trip can commit unbelievable crimes while tripping.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2011
I dont know the kind of friends you have , as for me in high school i had 10 friends 7 out of those 10 did marijuana and we were still friends. I never tried it . However I can assure you that the reason they did it was because of 2 things Fela anikulapo kuti and Bone thugs n harmony. in my former neighborhood 80% of teenagers do weed too, not because they need it, but just to feel cool. I dont have to lie here because it will make absolutely no sense, but I can swear by anything that  Fela is like a god to them, hence plays a key role in their way of reasoning .

You are not superior to your friends for not smoking weed.
A school of thought in Psychology would say you are wired to resist external influence.

It ain"t about Fela. I"m a big fan of Fela and have all his works.
I like his lifestyle and i"ve visited the Shrine to hang out, yet i haven"t touched hemp with a long spoon ever.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Natasha2(f): 9:39pm On Jul 23, 2011
OMG anyways Life goes on
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 9:41pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Not as rampant as when it was made cool and an aspiration.

lord of mercy. . . . .

So you admit it is not a "need"? It is a carefree attitude in societies where people are well informed?

it's a bit of both. . . . sometimes they need to for the required level of performance and sometimes they just need it to step down.

I really don't see how you can compare addictiveness of alcohol or food with crack?

death is the outcome for all of them. . . .besides, more money has been spent treating diseases related to food & alcohol than rehabilitating drug users.

You give such simple arguments without any thought.
Let me give you an analogy.

A punch is painful. But believe me, it is different when you get a punch in the face from Halle Berry and if you get one in the face from Vladimir Klitschko. I will advise not to take too much from the latter.

sagamite. . . .death is death! we see hard drugs as demonic because of the way the media has made it to be. marijuana is a recreational drug. . . firstly, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. secondly, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death. . .

by contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year. the most obvious concern when dealing with drug safety is the possibility of lethal effects. can the drug cause death? so since the punch from halle berry and the one from klitschko can both cause death - it should be a concern. who knows - i could die from a single punch from halle berry(my physical composition might vary from yours or vice versa).

Try and give weightings to things in your arguments and don't be giving simple ones.

i reiterate, death is death!

You are right on that. It does not make it any less irresponsible.

it does. . . . .obama and david cameron used marijuana as students but they knew where to draw the line. without any self-control, who knows which of the rehab centres they would be by now, perhaps in prison or even death!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
BlueDiva:

You are not superior to your friends for not smoking weed.
A school of thought in Psychology would say you are wired to resist external influence.

It ain"t about Fela. I"m a big fan of Fela and have all his works.
I like his lifestyle and i"ve visited the Shrine to hang out, yet i haven"t touched hemp with a long spoon ever.

Point well noted. However you are missing my point . To avoid going into lengthy stories here, I will ask just 2 simple questions

1, Do you agree that the amount of people who are likely to jump on the bandwagon of crowed mentality supersedes that of those who have a mind of their own and are not likely to be influenced?

2, When you visited the shrine what would you say was the amount in percentage of people there who didn't smoke weed?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eros(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
RIP Amy Winehouse
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
phreakabit:

Social drugs, recreational drugs, they are still drugs. Ecstasy,hallucinogenic mushrooms and LSD are said to be recreational drugs but they can and do cause flashbacks and bad trips. A person with a bad trip can commit unbelievable crimes while tripping.

same as chloroquin, paracetamol, piriton, etc. anyone using those without medical advice is a drug user. . . . .continuous use and the person is a drug addict. nearly all medicine is toxic with potential lethal effects.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
Err. . .Sagamite some people don't consider psychology 'science'.

Just passing by with my one leg. Don't shoot the messenger. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2011
stillwater:

Err. . .Sagamite some people don't consider psychology 'science'.

Just passing by with my one leg. Don't shoot the messenger. grin

Olodo rabata, oju eja lo mor je. tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Olodo rabata, oju eja lo mor je. tongue grin grin grin grin

Emi ni olodo? Ti n ba mu e. cheesy Se o wa pa? grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

same as chloroquin, paracetamol, piriton, etc. anyone using those without medical advice is a drug user. . . . .continuous use and the person is a drug addict. nearly all medicine is toxic with potential lethal effects.

Well you dont take those in the club for fun now do you?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 9:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
Obviously this argument is heading nowhere. And I dont think any of us is willing or at-least ready to change our opinion as to regarding the deceased so I will humbly walk away with my opinion intact! grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

lord of mercy. . . . .

it's a bit of both. . . . sometimes they need to for the required level of performance and sometimes they just need it to step down.

This guy, cut the crap!

They do not NEED it. They choose to have it.

coogar:

death is the outcome for all of them. . . .besides, more money has been spent treating diseases related to food & alcohol than rehabilitating drug users.

Cut the crap!

This is really some silly (and frankly irritating) devil's advocate argument.

No 1, food is not addictive.

No 2, alcohol is not a good thing but it is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than crack.

coogar:

sagamite. . . .death is death! we see hard drugs as demonic because of the way the media has made it to be. marijuana is a recreational drug. . . firstly, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. secondly, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death. . .

Recreational drugs? And so? Who said it was good?

coogar:

by contrast aspirin, a commonly used, over-the-counter medicine, causes hundreds of deaths each year. the most obvious concern when dealing with drug safety is the possibility of lethal effects. can the drug cause death? so since the punch from halle berry and the one from klitschko can both cause death - it should be a concern. who knows - i could die from a single punch from halle berry(my physical composition might vary from yours or vice versa).

i reiterate, death is death!

What did I tell you about need, requirement and balancing with risk?

And you still intend on comparing Aspirin to crack?

Secondly, you still intend to compare a punch from Halle Berry to that of Klitschko?

Cut the silly arguments.

coogar:

it does. . . . .obama and david cameron used marijuana as students but they knew where to draw the line. without any self-control, who knows which of the rehab centres they would be by now, perhaps in prison or even death!

If they got used to it and become destitute or dead, GOOD RIDDANCE!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eros(m): 9:54pm On Jul 23, 2011
190:

IF SHE HAD SMOKE IGBO SHE WOULDNT HAVE DIED EARLY

Hmmmmmmmm!!! 190 IGBO EH!!!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2011
stillwater:

Emi ni olodo? Ti n ba mu e. cheesy Se o wa pa? grin

Mo wa o. Oju e re?

Mo roo pe Jonathan ti fi e she Special Adviser on Chop Chop Affairs ni ti o fi r'aye NL mo. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin / List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location) / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.