Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27597 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2011
Point well noted. However you are missing my point . To avoid going into lengthy stories here, I will ask just 2 simple questions

1, Do you agree that the amount of people who are likely to jump on the bandwagon of crowed mentality supersedes that of those who have a mind of their own and are not likely to be influenced?

2, When you visited the shrine what would you say was the amount in percentage of people there who didn't smoke weed?

1. Not really. We are all exposed to a world of crime, murder and drugs.
It is safe to say the deviants amongst us are far less than those who conform to the laws.
It"s safe to say, majority of people haven"t been influenced to adopt deviant lifestyle.

2. More people smoked weed at the shrine.Tthat doesnt prove that more weed smokers love Fela.
We have lots of responsible people who wouldnt go to the shrine for safety reasons or to avoid mixing with "hoologans"

My point is that the theory of being influenced is overstated.
I believe people are whom they are.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

Mo wa o. Oju e re?

Mo roo pe Jonathan ti fi e she Special Adviser on Chop Chop Affairs ni ti o fi r'aye NL mo. grin

Ok, this your yoruba hard. Na small I talk o. You wan come finish me. grin But I'll try.
Yes I'm still around. Jonathan made me the special adviser on pre-nup signing. Half of the man's savings would go to the woman. grin
I can see that you and david are doing what you know how to do best. . . scattering threads. grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by alexola20(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2011
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by chika98: 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2011
Wow you lot dey argue on top a death post? Seriously though?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 10:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
phreakabit:

Well you dont take those in the club for fun now do you?

does it matter where it's taken? the point is can it cause death?

Sagamite:

This guy, cut the crap!
They do not NEED it. They choose to have it.

artistes do need it. some of them have said that is where they draw their inspiration. read the autobiography of notorious b.i.g. he cannot perform without his drugs and as soon as he puffs, he spits verses without pen and notepad.

No 1, food is not addictive.

yes, it is. food is addictive. read about compulsive overeating disorder.

No 2, alcohol is not a good thing but it is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR better than crack.

it's either good or bad. if it's not a good thing, then it's bad just like crack.

Recreational drugs? And so? Who said it was good?

but it(marijuana) doesn't kill - so what makes it bad?

What did I tell you about need, requirement and balancing with risk?
And you still intend on comparing Aspirin to crack?

both are drugs, both can kill.

Secondly, you still intend to compare a punch from Halle Berry to that of Klitschko?
Cut the silly arguments.

before we lose sight of the argument. . . . .i am saying taking the drug itself is not irresponsible. . . . . . .overdoing it(just like many things in life) is the irresponsibility.

If they got used to it and become destitute or dead, GOOD RIDDANCE!

exactly my sentiments. they did it responsibly because they did not overdo/got used to it. that is what i have been trying to say since this argument started. people vary from individual to individual. you could draw your inspiration from a good rest and frank sinatra music. some others draw theirs by either smoking, drinking, using drugs, etc. if they do their required level - it is not irresponsible. if they lack the self-control and they overdo it - that is where the irresponsibility lies.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
BlueDiva:

1. Not really. We are all exposed to a world of crime, murder and drugs.
It is safe to say the deviants amongst us are far less than those who conform to the laws.
It"s safe to say, majority of people haven"t been influenced to adopt deviant lifestyle.

2. More people smoked weed at the shrine.Tthat doesnt prove that more weed smokers love Fela.
We have lots of responsible people who wouldnt go to the shrine for safety reasons or to avoid mixing with "hoologans"

My point is that the theory of being influenced is overstated.
I believe people are whom they are.

you nailed it!
if everyone is influenced by what they see here and there. . . . .everyone in the world would drink, smoke, use drugs, etc.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by honeric01(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
Now some winehouse wannabe can have a think of heart after this.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2011
stillwater:

Ok, this your yoruba hard. Na small I talk o. You wan come finish me. grin But I'll try.
Yes I'm still around. Jonathan made me the special adviser on pre-nup signing. Half of the man's savings would go to the woman. grin
I can see that you and david are doing what you know how to do best. . . scattering threads. grin

That's . . . . .

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5F9JLfMSYI[/flash]

Na war be that.  grin grin grin
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by sheuniye: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2011
Everything in moderation,
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by sheuniye: 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
Everything in moderation,

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by mykali(m): 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2011
i had to come to page 7 to say RIP. . .and that's all i wanted to say
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

artistes do need it. some of them have said that is where they draw their inspiration. read the autobiography of notorious b.i.g. he cannot perform without his drugs and as soon as he puffs, he spits verses without pen and notepad.

That is utter crap!

There is a different from "need" and "catalyst".

I run faster with performance enhancing drugs does not mean I need it to run.

coogar:

yes, it is. food is addictive. read about compulsive overeating disorder.

This is a silly argument.

So how come the 6 billion people on earth that eat everyday are not addicted?

coogar:

it's either good or bad. if it's not a good thing, then it's bad just like crack.

Who said it was not bad?

The point is that it is no way as bad as crack.

coogar:

but it doesn't kill - so what makes it bad?

It does not fck you up?

coogar:

both are drugs, both can kill.

Comparing aspirin to crack is not bounding on moronic, it is plainly moronic.

Very daft argument.

coogar:

before we lose sight of the argument. . . . .i am saying taking the drug itself is not irresponsible. . . . . . .overdoing it(just like many things in life) is the irresponsibility.

Taking a drug you have potential of getting addicted to when you do not need it is IRRESPONSIBLE!

coogar:

exactly my sentiments. they did it responsibly because they did not overdo/got used to it. that is what i have been trying to say since this argument started. people vary from individual to individual. you could draw your inspiration from a good rest and frank sinatra music. some others draw theirs by either smoking, drinking, using drugs, etc. if they do their required level - it is not irresponsible. if they lack the self-control and they overdo it - that is where the irresponsibility lies.

There is NO responsibility in taking drugs you do not need.

If you draw your inspiration from something that can kill you then good riddance to you when it does.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by lastpage: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
The Met Police have confirmed that she died from an Over-dose of drugs! shocked

I just hope we all learn one or two things from her "life story".

Too much of ANYTHING is BAD

O'dikwa dangerous! wink

Life is short, make the best of it, while you can! (that is, if you can remain sober! grin )

R.I.P Amy! Next time, please dont say "Noo-Noo-No".
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Akshow: 10:30pm On Jul 23, 2011
Rip Amy
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by OAM4J: 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sad!

What a waste of life and talent!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Jul 23, 2011
lastpage:

The Met Police have confirmed that she died from an Over-dose of drugs! shocked

I just hope we all learn one or two things from her "life story".

Too much of ANYTHING is BAD

O'dikwa dangerous! wink

Life is short, make the best of it, while you can! (that is, if you can remain sober! grin )

R.I.P Amy! Next time, please dont say "Noo-Noo-No".

The lesson is: Say "No" to drugs.

It is not that hard. It is not rocket science!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

The lesson is: Say "No" to drugs.

It is not that hard. It is not rocket science!

NUFF SAID!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by j2db: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2011
@claremont
i totally disagree with you.
what type of mark has she make?
i am concerned about where her soul is currently.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2011
What a sad end to a young gifted singer's life. I think she was great, though very troubled emotionally. Her childhood experiences are dark.

May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coogar: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2011
Sagamite:

That is utter crap!

There is a different from "need" and "catalyst".

I run faster with performance enhancing drugs does not mean I need it to run.

and when you have artistes who are compelled to perform here, there, today, tomorrow - how soon before they start taking performance enhancing drugs?

This is a silly argument.
So how come the 6 billion people on earth that eat everyday are not addicted?

and who told you all drug users are addicted?

Who said it was not bad?
The point is that it is no way as bad as crack.

alcohol is not as bad as crack but alcohol has killed more than crack.
sagamite, define bad?

It does not fck you up?

it does if you overuse it - just like 99% things in life.

Comparing aspirin to crack is not bounding on moronic, it is plainly moronic.
Very daft argument.

you keep running in circles. aspirin can be lethal if overused. . . .crack is lethal if overused.
heath ledger died of abuse of prescription drugs. . . .he probably wanted to cure his insomnia and he died as a result.

Taking a drug you have potential of getting addicted to when you do not need it is IRRESPONSIBLE!

by the same token, everyone who takes alcohol is irresponsible, right?

There is NO responsibility in taking drugs you do not need.

and i have told you they take it because they need it. stop comparing yourself to them - you keep making that mistake. you do not need it does not mean other people don't need it.

If you draw your inspiration from something that can kill you then good riddance to you when it does.

this is life, anything can kill. your house has more killing devices/tools than a war field. too much of anything can kill and yet we keep these things around us week in week out. would you then say it's irresponsible to drive? cos driving has it's risks? the moment you realize life itself is a risk, this debate will become clearer to you.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2011
ARGUING OVER A DEAD WOMAN IS RIDICULOUS
ARE YOU GUYS SICK?? cry cry
I DONT KNW HER, OR EVER LISTEN TO HER MUSIK
BUT @ LEAST I WONT ARGUE OVER HER
AT LEAST NOT THE DAY SHE JUST DIED
SHE DIED TODAY MODASUCKAS!!!!!!! cry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 23, 2011
She made irresponsible decisions, addiction is a powerful thing however. All the 'good riddance' comments are callous.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
coogar:

and when you have artistes who are compelled to perform here, there, today, tomorrow - how soon before they start taking performance enhancing drugs?

They have the choice not to.

And if they do and it fcks them up, fck them. Am I suppose to have pity?

coogar:

and who told you all drug users are addicted?

If you use hard drugs everyday, you will be addicted!

How come we are not addicted to food?

Food is addictive is really a silly argument.

coogar:

alcohol is not as bad as crack but alcohol has killed more than crack.
sagamite, define bad?

Because more people take alcohol? Isn't it?

coogar:

it does if you overuse it - just like 99% things in life.

Is it addictive or not?

It is not like everything in life. It is addictive and it harms you and you do not need it. That is not how everything in life is.

What the fck don't you get in that?

coogar:

you keep running in circles. aspirin can be lethal if overused. . . .crack is lethal if overused.
heath ledger died of abuse of prescription drugs. . . .he probably wanted to cure his insomnia and he died as a result.

Aspirin is used to relieve pain! It is not recreational?

What the fck don't you understand about that?

coogar:

by the same token, everyone who takes alcohol is irresponsible, right?

Yep!

Some of us get on very fine without it.

It is not as irresponsible as those that take crack. It is milder irresponsibility.

coogar:

and i have told you they take it because they need it. stop comparing yourself to them - you keep making that mistake. you do not need it does not mean other people don't need it.

THEY . . . . DO . . . . . NOT . . . . . NEED . . . . . IT!

That is a lame argument.

coogar:

this is life, anything can kill. your house has more killing devices/tools than a war field. too much of anything can kill and yet we keep these things around us week in week out. would you then say it's irresponsible to drive? cos driving has it's risks? the moment you realize life itself is a risk, this debate will become clearer to you.

Don't go back to comparing driving to taking crack. That is moronic.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
Every idiot knows that addiction is a disease not a choice.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by mamagee3(f): 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
I'm shocked,  I just saw it right now on nairaland

I can't wait to get home and watch it on tv
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by BABE3: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2011
eldee:

Every knows that addiction is a disease not a choice.

20% choice, 80% disease.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 11:08pm On Jul 23, 2011
ibkaye:

She made irresponsible decisions, addiction is a powerful thing however. All the 'good riddance' comments are callous.

E pe le, eyin omo church.

I will never have pity for people that destroy their own lives. Good Riddance.

If you want to live, you will not be risking your life in a stewpid way.

The world is becoming overpopulated, resources are finite and limited. Thank you Amy for volunteering your share.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2011
BABE!:

20% choice, 80% disease.

I wonder if it is a disease that make you put cocaine up your nose the first few times or irresponsible choices.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
mama-gee:

I'm shocked,  I just saw it right now on nairaland

I can't wait to get home and watch it on tv

Don't worry you can cry on my shoulder. Honestly I dont really care about this news, but because of you I can shed a tear or two.  under one condition however, stop dissing Lionel Messi.  cheesy
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2011
BABE!:

20% choice, 80% disease.

For celebrities that are exposed day and night to these things, and the pressure you get from being choked by today's media . . . all these things with the fact that she was already a troubled person before the drugs just make it almost unavoidable.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 11:15pm On Jul 23, 2011
eldee:

For celebrities that are exposed day and night to these things, and the pressure you get from being choked by today's media . . . all these things with the fact that she was already a troubled person before the drugs just make it almost unavoidable.

So it was a choice, not a disease?

Because my understanding of disease is an involuntary malfunctioning, breakdown or disorder of a bodily organ?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by phreakabit(m): 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2011
eldee:

RFLMAO-HARD!! Come on dont tell me you believe that. I will tell you what makes most of them going into drug abuse: The shame of being looked at as a nerd and being deemed uncool. Its no lie celebs come in contact with these things especially in private parties and most of the time everyone there is doing it, this sort of makes it difficult to say no when offered. They dont want to be seen as vajayjays. I believe thats the only reason they do drugs its the "IN THING" amongst the rich and famous living the fast life. If they where stressed up as you claim they should easily see a shrink or a doctor for prescription pills or better yet a ( hot ) masseuse .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.