Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,401 members, 7,781,157 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:02 AM

Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House (3147 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Shocking!former Bayelsa Governor,diepreye Alamieyeseigha Still Alive?(see TWEETS / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by aloyemeka1: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2011
[size=14pt]US to sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m house[/size]
By Emeka Madunagu with agency report
Saturday, 23 Jul 2011

The United States government has put the $600,000 (N91m) house of a former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, in Rockville, Maryland, up for sale.

This is sequel to the filing of a forfeiture order by the Kleptocracy Team of the US Department of Justice on the house in March and a separate one in April on $400,000 (N60m) in a Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC account in Massachusetts.

Both assets were described as proceeds of corruption acquired during his tenure from 1999 to 2005.

Alamieyeseigha was impeached in December 2005 by the Bayelsa State House of Assembly and was consequently prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on a 40-count charge of money laundering.

He was eventually convicted in 2007 on a six-count charge and sentenced to 12 years imprisonment, although he was expected to spend two years.

He forfeited shares worth over N1bn in the defunct Bond Bank and a luxury penthouse in Cape Town, South Africa, which has three en-suite bedrooms, two lounges, a designer kitchen, an entertainment room, five plasma screen television sets and a sound system worth half a million rands to the Bayelsa State Government.

Other properties forfeited were located in Abuja and Ikoyi in Lagos State. US Assistant Attorney-General Lanny Breuer of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division had given an indication of the move to seize Alamieyeseigha’s property in a speech at the Franz-Hermann Brüner Memorial Lecture at the World Bank on May 25, 2011.

“The Kleptocracy Team recently brought its first cases, and we expect more to come in the near future. Let me provide a specific example.

“Diepreye (Solomon Peter) Alamieyeseigha, also known as DSP, was the elected governor of the oil-producing Bayelsa State in Nigeria from 1999 until his impeachment in 2005.

“According to court papers, DSP’s official salary for this entire period was approximately $81,000, and his declared income from all sources during the period was approximately $248,000.

“Nevertheless, as governor, DSP accumulated enormous wealth through corruption and other illegal activities. He acquired at least four properties in the United Kingdom worth approximately $8.8m, he had money in bank accounts around the world, and he also acquired property in the United States.

“When he was ultimately arrested at Heathrow Airport in 2005, the Metropolitan Police Service in London found approximately $1.6m in cash in his house.

“In March and April of this year, we brought two separate civil forfeiture actions to recover over $1,000,000 in what we allege are DSP’s ill-gotten gains. In Maryland, we are seeking forfeiture of a private residence worth more than $600,000, and in Massachusetts we are seeking forfeiture of close to $400,000 in a fidelity brokerage account.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011072356823
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2011
That thief is our president's godfather.like father like son.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2011
So where does all the money go? back to Nigeria? or to the bank? undecided undecided
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by hakanai(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2011
ok o! case dismissed.Sentence served and favorable government.So what else.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by obowunmi(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2011
he was the unlucky prick who got caught ---whatever happened to igbenedion and co ?
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by werepeLeri: 11:04pm On Jul 23, 2011
Tinubu nko?
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by aljharem(m): 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
werepeLeri:

Tinubu nko?

good question, also GEJ, IBB,

or u want to say GEJ does not have any when even his wife was caught in saudi with the countries money wanting to use it to buy gold

i dey laff in ijaw
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Uche2005: 12:44am On Jul 24, 2011
what happen to this man.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Uche2005: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
what happen to this man.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Becomrich11: 3:20am On Jul 25, 2011
naija
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by EkoIle1: 3:49am On Jul 25, 2011
GEJ is one of the most corrupt and evil Nigerian public officials.

Imagine the president of Nigeria heading his campaign team with an ex convict and a crooked international fugitive.

Alamieyeseigha Heads Jonathan’s Campaign

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/index.php?news=57401
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2011
We should not throw insults but our concern should be on were the proceeds from the sale would go to. The minster of finance should go into talks with the us government so that this funds are returned to the treasury of delta state.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by ypad: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2011
Will the US give Nigeria the money after selling the house?
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Demdem(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2011
teeo:

We should not throw insults but our concern should be on were the proceeds from the sale would go to. The minster of finance should go into talks with the us government so that this funds are returned to the treasury of delta state.

actually, its bayelsa state. However, im still not comfortable with that. It will somehow land in the hands of GEJ's Godsfather afterall. Enuf corrruption going on presentlyin bayelsa. The money should simply remain in US for now abegii.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Gbenge77(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2011
Gej still calls him ' my boss '
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Finecat(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2011
Nigeria is filled with I diots. That country is doomed!
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2011
obowunmi:

he was the unlucky prick who got caught ---whatever happened to igbenedion and co ?

we are unlucky
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Finecat(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2011
It is so annoying to even look at his picture. No Country in the world that has an element like this @$$ wipe can ever taste prosperity.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by ponke: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2011
our politician has fail us,after the election they start to embezze our money,whereas their primary assignment was neglect to serve the massess,U S govt should sell the house and return the money to us
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by hbrednic: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2011
you nko ?
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by Greenpro: 11:03am On Jul 25, 2011
Greed politicians are many in this country.

Want to learn about GREEN WORLD?

VIEW MY PROFILE FOR LINK.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by ikhideman(m): 11:16am On Jul 25, 2011
Its because he did transactions in foreign countries(which don't tolerate such), that's why he was caught & his properties seized;another example is Ibori.
If all the looting was Nigerian based, NOTHING would have happened; especially under this current toothless EFCC leadership & Government regime in power. EFCC's power in Nigeria is based on the Determination of the President to fight corruption.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by johnjoel(m): 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2011
what can i say,,,, U.S loves nigeria by defrauding her,,,,,,,,U.S nigeria government are thieves ,,,.so they unite in stealing only nigerians money
cus our leader are silly thieves,,,and foolin them selves,,, talkin about the property,< when sell> where money will go,,<>i laugh una face
the money will definitely go where other stolin once went,,,,US and NIGERIA alike,,, fraudsters,launders,,thieves,,, terorrism><miltant like mastermindin coups what can i say again Nigeria loves us
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by UpDates1(m): 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
US goverment are thieves, they should prepare for our own troubles, they should watch out
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by UpDates1(m): 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2011
i do not blame them, i blame this idiots who keeps laudering money there
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by wasobia(m): 10:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
Nigeria has an entity is really unfortunate having all these thieves as Leaders. I cant really mention any of those guys who has genuine love and interest to better the lot of Nigerians.

Special Interest Caucus - All the gallery practices of Saint Fashola's Hitech Nigeria Limited firm with the Lekki government sponsored projects is a shame. His daddy's Alpha-Beta Consulting practices is mind buggling. Very soon, Remi Tinubu will come back after 8 years in Nigeria Senate to rule Lagos.

Its a shame. I know God will save Nigeria.
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by MadDog1(m): 1:51am On Jul 26, 2011
his picture is even annoying, i wish nigerian court can give me this man to maltreat embarassed i will dig a ground of his his size burry him and allow only his head out nonsense!
Re: Us To Sell Alamieyeseigha’s N91m House by coolcash4l(m): 8:22am On Jul 26, 2011
That's good for him, anything you gather in wrong way will certainly boomerang on you later.
Mad Dog!!!:

his picture is even annoying, i wish nigerian court can give me this man to maltreat embarassed i will dig a ground of his his size burry him and allow only his head out nonsense!

(1) (Reply)

Is Boko Haram Not A Tool Of Distraction By Pdp / jailed Ibori did more project than Tinubu? say NO to Ayodele Gbeliyi- Musiwa / This Is Madness!! Is Tonto Dike Not Afraid Of Ebola Virus? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.