Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Does God Approve Dating? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Approve Dating? (8648 Views)

Does God Approve Dating? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2011
Claremont you have not answered my question! angry angry grin
Hey! Infact I saw you searching for love on that 'is it wrong to be single'? thread. angry angry
So you are here trashing love yet you go  backdoor to beg for it!! undecided
angry angry angry
This is not derail its still love and dating  grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

The question I have which believers of "love" have refused to answer is that, where is the evidence that an emotion called "love" exists? On the contrary, there is overwhelming proof that it does not exist, and any indulgence in it is a waste of time analogous to the time been wasted pursuing religious beliefs. So if "love" doesn't exist, why should I be a partaker of mass hysteria simply because I want to "belong"?
Dude! Cant believe you still ask that! Now Copy the bolded statement and take it to Google, a.k a, the "Information Super Highway", and paste it there, Click Search and knock yourself out with the results you'll find! cool Thank me later!!! cool
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

He must answer this lol! I saw him searching for love on that 'is it wrong to be single'? thread.
So he is here trashing love yet he goes backdoor to beg for it!! undecided
grin grin
No he is not! He is actually mocking on that thread! Why?
Lemme show you how clever he thinks he is!
Look at anytime he uses the word, God or Love on that thread. It is always in""! I.e "God", "Love" cool
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2011
Claremont claremont.Do you love yourself? What feelings do you have towards yourself?
If none then are you human at all? undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2011
gentlegg:

I don't think that 'Dating' itself is the main qualms with God BUT the sex always involved while dating. Over 90% of so called Dating i know always Be Intimate involved and that is the qualms.

If there can ever be a Dating WITHOUT ANYTHING LIKE SEX let alone sex itself, i can call that Courting because am sure Courting is permitted by God.

God's major concern is NO PRE-MARITAL SEX for any reason Whatsoever, Whether Dating or Courting.
That is not always the case! If like you said 90% of dating Involves SEX, that means 10% of dating Doesn't! wink
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

Claremont claremont.Do you love yourself? What feelings do you have towards yourself?
If none then are you human at all? undecided
I have the exact same feeling every other human being has towards himself. A feeling that has been cultivated and nurtured all through the decades of evolution, it is called self-preservation. No "love" there, no reason to glorify it and call it "love".
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by obowunmi(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2011
How can you marry someone that you have not dated. I kinda agree with Mr. Claremont here.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2011
obowunmi:

How can you marry someone that you have not dated. I kinda agree with Mr. Claremont here.
May your dayziz be long, ma guy! cheesy grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2011
^^
I think dating is not the issue here but God is. So stop feeling so over the moon! grin
Self -preservation?? Lmao grin
Claremont where did you come from!! Every other human being, well the majority ,LOVE themselves.
And because of this love they have towards themselves ,they try their level best to PRESERVE themselves!
Why would you wanna preserve yourself if you didn't love yourself at all? undecided
Just allow yourself to PERISH!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 25, 2011
obowunmi:

That Question only applies if the Title of the thread is: "Can you marry someone that you have not dated?"
And it's clear you don't need Glasses to see that the Title is "Does God Approve Dating?" undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

^^
I think everybody supports dating here so stop feeling so over the moon! grin
Claremont where did you come from!! Every other human being, well the majority ,LOVE themselves.
And because of this love they have towards themselves ,they try their level best to PRESERVE themselves!
Why would you wanna preserve yourself if you didn't love yourself at all? undecided
Dont think he is Human! He believes in "Animalistic Feelings! So what do you expect? undecided
By the Way, that statement in Bold is the Best advice so far! smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by obowunmi(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

That Question only applies if the Title of the thread is: "Can you marry someone that you have not dated?"
And it's clear you don't need Glasses to see that the Title is "Does God Approve Dating?" undecided

^^^^^my logic is  simple. If God approves of marriage, he must approve of dating because, you cannot marry someone you have not dated,
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

^^
There is indeed a whole world of difference between an objective human trait of self-preservation and a subjective misnomer called "love". The mere fact that one has been exhaustively proven to exist by science, and the other has not, has broken the womanly hymen of scientific proof already!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

^^
Dont think he is Human! He believes in "Animalistic Feelings! So what do you expect? undecided
By the Way, that statement in Bold is the Best advice so far! smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont

I declare you an alien. especially when you apply terms like 'the womanly hymen of scientific proof  undecided undecided

Lets just live life.
smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^^^my logic is  simple. If God approves of marriage, he must approve of dating because, you cannot marry someone you have not dated,
I agree with you too. But there is nothing "Logical" about it! Logic has to do with scientific reasoning! And you'll agree with me that you dont need science to prove if God Approves dating! Dating is not a science topic! undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Meklex(m): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2011
Hmm, freaky thread we got here, never thought that some people are still doubting what God has to offer. I hate logic and love what's right, do whats right and damn the atheist hypocrite facts.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by tEsLim(m): 11:04am On Jul 25, 2011
Well the topic should have been "Christians, does our God approve Dating?" And not throwing the topic to muslims, atheist, naturalist, pagans, and everyone else together. That way a lot of people wont have bothered to look into the thread.

And on definition of LOVE this is what I will put to you:

Love is a false illusive state of mind, often misunderstood for sex or lust, which is real. Sex is real and true - physically and emotionally, because you truely know it when you are having sex, unlike the doubtful state of love, which basically depends on denied mutual benefits between two or more partners. And in some cases preference or likeness for a particular partner could be seen as something special, which is sometimes interpreted to being in-love with the preferred one. In a nutshell when there is nothing mutual to share there is no LOVE, just sentiments that wears out later.

I'm not a deist neither do I want to be identified as an atheist; but I dont believe in relgions, love, trust -- they're just elements of mass manipulation.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

Well the topic should have been "Christians, does our God approve Dating?" And not throwing the topic to muslims, atheist, naturalist, pagans, and everyone else together. That way a lot of people wont have bothered to look into the thread.

And on definition of LOVE this is what I will put to you:

Love is a false illusive state of mind, often misunderstood for sex or lust, which is real. Sex is real and true - physically and emotionally, because you truely know it when you are Being Intimate, unlike the doubtful state of love, which basically depends on denied mutual benefits between two or more partners. And in some cases preference or likeness for a particular partner could be seen as something special, which is sometimes interpreted to being in-love with the preferred one. In a nutshell when there is nothing mutual to share there is no LOVE, just sentiments that wears out later.

I'm not a deist neither do I want to be identified as an atheist; but I dont believe in relgions, love, trust -- they're just elements of mass manipulation.
@sexkillz and Pendo: Y'all can now see I am not alone on this issue, other like minded wise men are here with me!

sexkillz:

I agree with you too. But there is nothing "Logical" about it! Logic has to do with scientific reasoning! And you'll agree with me that you dont need science to prove if God Approves dating! Dating is not a science topic! undecided
Everything in life is indeed a subject of scientific discourse "my dear Watson". If science cannot explain it, not even religion can!

pendo89:

claremont

I declare you an alien. especially when you apply terms like 'the womanly hymen of scientific proof  undecided undecided

Lets just live life.
smiley
What's wrong with using that phrase?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 11:10am On Jul 25, 2011
Read my post well. I said[b] if you profess christianity [/b]then you must abide by the rules set down by the founder Himself and that includes resisting all manner of temptations that may lead to sin.kissing is not bad but if not handled well may lead to fornication. Thats simple to understand.
And God doenst care whether you kiss or not! Hes more worried about you falling into sin as a result of that action.Just use your head,No wonder I said mature and responsible dating.

However,If you [b]are not [/b]a believer then hey! do your thing simple! There are no godly rules governing your life so whom are you trying to please anyway?

So yeah that topic was throw out to everybody(christians,muslims,aethists,jujus,witches,aliens and the rest) no wonder the conflicting replies.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

Good! Now i understand You better! Next time you see such a topic about CHRISTIANS like you said, PLS Skip the thread. Dont start Babbling about what you know Poo about, just because you have a Laptop with an internet connection, and you can type! Pisses the Poo outta me! undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

@sexkillz and Pendo: Y'all can now see I am not alone on this issue, other like minded wise men are here with me!
Everything in life is indeed a subject of scientific discourse "my dear Watson". If science cannot explain it, not even religion can!
What's wrong with using that phrase?
I guess you missed the part where he also said that he is a MUSLIM! And NOT an ATHEIST! Neither does he want to be "identified" as an ATHEIST! So, if u ask me, i'll still say YOU ARE ALONE! Damn! who called you wise?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by tEsLim(m): 11:21am On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

I guess you missed the part where he also said that he is a[b] MUSLIM! And NOT an ATHEIST![/b] Neither does he want to be "identified" as an ATHEIST! So, if u ask me, i'll still say YOU ARE ALONE! Damn! who called you wise? 

How the 4uck does a non-religious person be muslim? Must you categorize me in a religion? Must you?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2011
^^
grin grin grin ;
Wow you are much worse than claremont !!Not aethist,not religious not anything!.just human with no spiritual needs!! Don't you have a longing spirit?
Man is SPIRIT,BODY and SOUL
We fill the spirit with something, can be either evil or good so which is yours? Well dont answer was just curious. undecided
I surrender! grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^Teslim, Pls go and SWIM!  tongue!!! undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2011
The earlier we Africans learn to discard these Abrahamic faiths and their doctrines, the better for us. Our irrational passion for these irrational belief systems is what is responsible for the high level of under development in Africa!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2011
^^delusion
grin grin
African development? meet me in the foreign politics section.lolest.Just leave God out of our own created mess.
Cant believe you want to blame God for Africa's mess!!!
angry angry angry
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2011
^^^^
There is indeed an established correlation between a society's passion for religion, and it's lack of development. It has been proven that the most religious societies are also the most under developed, Nigeria is a classical example. It therefore means that there must be something in religion that prevents a society from developing and it's people from thinking.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

The earlier we Africans learn to discard these Abrahamic faiths and their doctrines, the better for us. Our irrational passion for these irrational belief systems is what is responsible for the high level of under development in Africa!
grin grin grin grin grin grin ANOTHER PILE OF JUNK STATEMENT! For this Statement Clare, pls go and HUG the wettest Transformer around! grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by paris10: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2011
You know what i've noticed? There's no simple answer anywhere. If you're asked to define constitution in Law, you don't just define constitution, you also touch areas like types of constitution, separation of powers, parliamentary sovereignty, kinds of constitutions (primary & secondary) and so on to get a higher mark.

Likewise this question, you don't just answer yes, tell us your rational (reason) and give examples.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 11:54am On Jul 25, 2011
grin grin grin @ claremont.
Then Nigeria is not Africa and Africa is not Nigeria.
If guys there are gullible enough then God is not to blame!! We ourselves are!!
Underdevelopment and religion?  undecided undecided  
well to some little extent yes, but only where people are not exposed to reality or are not well educated or have nothing else to hope for in life and therefore turn to religion as refuge.
So are you telling me that nigerians are less educated or have nothing else to hope for but hide under religion resulting in economic stagnation?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by malaria(f): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2011
@posta-does God approve of ante-natal,educating ur child,u wearing clothes,using phones,beign a 9ralanda.very soon u'l ask if God approves of feeding.channel ur brain 2 sometin bera dan luking 4 a way 2 justify ur imorality.if u wanna bleep, do so.who kias mtcheeeeem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Led By Low-Quality Politicians — Bishop Ighele / She Lost Her Husband & Her 5 Children In A Day And She Can't Give Birth Again / I Want To Know About MFM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.