Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Does God Approve Dating? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Approve Dating? (8647 Views)

Does God Approve Dating? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2011
paris10:

You know what i've noticed? There's no simple answer anywhere. If you're asked to define constitution in Law, you don't just define constitution, you also touch areas like types of constitution, separation of powers, parliamentary sovereignty, kinds of constitutions (primary & secondary) and so on to get a higher mark.

Likewise this question, you don't just answer yes, tell us your rational (reason) and give examples.
That Means you haven't been reading other comments? Oya , back to page one and come back and make a more rational statement!

Why do you think it's the BELIEVER'S responsibility to "prove" the topic, when YOU are the one making the opposing challenge? Preposterous, Right? undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

^^^^
There is indeed an established correlation between a society's passion for religion, and it's lack of development. It has been proven that the most religious societies are also the most under developed, Nigeria is a classical example. It therefore means that there must be something in religion that prevents a society from developing and it's people from thinking.
Who Decides which society's idea is RIGHT?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

grin grin grin
Then Nigeria is not Africa?
If guys there are gullible enough then God is not to blame!! We ourselves are!!
Underdevelopment and religion?  undecided undecided  well to some little extent yes, but only where people are not exposed to reality or are not well educated or have nothing else to hope for in life and therefore turn to religion as refugee.
So are you telling me that nigerians are less educated or have nothing else to hope for but hide under religion?
I used Nigeria as a case study to reflect the stark reality happening in the greater Africa continent. You said "well to some extent", that is your own opinion based on the knowledge available to you at the moment. The facts of the matter is that there is a worldwide negative correlation between religion and development i.e. the most religious societies are the least developed, while the least religious societies are the most developed; that is a documented fact, whether anyone believes in this fact or not does not change the fact that a fact is a fact!

Human beings have basic human feelings which has been nurtured in us throughout decades of evolution, why should we now call upon a deity before we express something that is inherent in us?! Does the lion pray before it attacks it's prey? Does the polar bear pray before it goes into hibernation? Does a baby pray before it is born?

God did NOT make man, but alas, religious archaeologists themselves have proven beyond every modicum of reasonable doubt, that God was made by man!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
I am not discussing evolution or proof of anything with you.Nope.
All I know is we cannot blame God for our own mess.Most of Africa was 'discovered'(I use that word carefully so understand it well) by the religious missionaries.
They opened schools ,churches etc. Tht was development.I agree we may have overlooked a few factors because they ended up colonising us.
Fast forward.God is development conscious.We are the ones who use religion as a scapegoat.Many 'pastors' take advantage of people's ignorance to brainwash and make them their own puppets.BUT not every believer gets deceived some are too wise.
Maybe you meet the wrong ones,the lazy ones who believe more in miracles than hardwork,who believe in seeing God in every lil thing they do,who believe God resides in mountains,who believe in falsehood.
Are your leaders christians? The policy makers, are they believers? Then where is God to blame in our mess?
We are underdeveloped due to many factors and religion is not even among the top 20.
Now lets not derail the thread. angry angry
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

I am not discussing evolution or proof of anything with you.Nope.
All I know is we cannot blame God for our own mess.Most of Africa was 'discovered'(I use that word carefully so understand it well) by the religious missionaries.
They opened schools ,churches etc. Tht was development.I agree we may have overlooked a few factors because they ended up colonising us.
Fast forward.God is development conscious.We are the ones who use religion as a scapegoat.Many 'pastors' take advantage of people's ignorance to brainwash and make them their own puppets.BUT not every believer gets deceived some are too wise.
Maybe you meet the wrong ones,the lazy ones who believe more in miracles than hardwork,who believe in seeing God in every lil thing they do,who believe God resides in mountains,who believe in falsehood.
Are your leaders christians? The policy makers, are they believers? Then where is God to blame in our mess?
We are underdeveloped due to many factors and religion is not even among the top 20.
Now lets not derail the thread. angry angry
Like the Poster of this thread, perhaps?!
Inasmuch as I will like to take you up on this issue with my facts, I agree we shouldn't derail this thread, since some persons still prefer to continue in darkness rather than coming to the light of knowledge. Any time you open a new thread that talks about correlation between development and religion, let me know. 

P.S: I think I am "falling-in-love" with the eyes on your profile pics, captivating! wink
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2011
Did you say 'falling in love'?? shocked shocked
How are you capable of doing that? You are alien rem?You amaze me!
And yes I want you to keep falling in love with my one eye till you discover that it truly exists!! grin
coffee now.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

Did you say 'falling in love'?? shocked shocked
How are you capable of doing that? You are alien rem?You amaze me!
And yes I want you to keep falling in love with my one eye till you discover that it truly exists!! grin
coffee now.
I amaze myself sometimes wink cheesy
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 25, 2011
claremont:

I used Nigeria as a case study to reflect the stark reality happening in the greater Africa continent. You said "well to some extent", that is your own opinion based on the knowledge available to you at the moment. The facts of the matter is that there is a worldwide negative correlation between religion and development i.e. the most religious societies are the least developed, while the least religious societies are the most developed; that is a documented fact, whether anyone believes in this fact or not does not change the fact that a fact is a fact!

Human beings have basic human feelings which has been nurtured in us throughout decades of evolution, why should we now call upon a deity before we express something that is inherent in us?! Does the lion pray before it attacks it's prey? Does the polar bear pray before it goes into hibernation? Does a baby pray before it is born? God did not make man, but alas, religious archaeologists themselves have proven beyond every modicum of reasonable doubt, that God was made by man!
I Ask again, and you refuse to answer, again. WHO DETERMINES WHICH SOCIETY IS RIGHT? undecided

You've been blabbing away about human beings and the basic human feelings Nurtured in us and how they are inherent Blah Blah Blah…
Can NATURE, account for LOGIC? Nature is defined for humans by the five senses: Touch, Smell, Sight, Hear, Taste. How about THINKING? DO YOU THINK?  WHY DO YOU THINK? WHERE DOES THINKING COME FROM? THINKING is not a SENSE found in NATURE, Right?  Thus you cannot use it for any basis for THOUGHT or LOGIC. . . . undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

I Ask again, and you refuse to answer, again. WHO DETERMINES WHICH SOCIETY IS RIGHT? undecided

You've been blabbing away about human beings and the basic human feelings Nurtured in us and how they are inherent Blah Blah Blah…
Can NATURE, account for LOGIC? Nature is defined for humans by the five senses: Touch, Smell, Sight, Hear, Taste. How about THINKING? DO YOU THINK?  WHY DO YOU THINK? WHERE DOES THINKING COME FROM? THINKING is not a SENSE found in NATURE, Right?  Thus you cannot use it for any basis for THOUGHT or LOGIC. . . . undecided

I will answer all this on one condition, you will have to chip in a good word or two on my behalf to Pendo89 mate. I think I have "fallen-hopelessly-in-love" with her eyes, it's really captivating, or don't you think?! Do this for a bruv, and I will answer all your questions! cool lipsrsealed
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2011
grin grin grin grin
Sexkillz!!! did you hear that? Claremont falling in love!!

Its official now. Claremont believes in love and that alone is a[b] miracle![/b]!
Two things!! grin grin love and miracles!

Now claremont seriously,how do you fall in love with my eyes? Okay its allowed they are just eyes after all.
When you are done falling for them kindly let me know. grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

grin grin grin grin
Sexkillz!!! did you hear that? Claremont falling in love!!

Its official now. Claremont believes in love and that alone is a[b] miracle![/b]!
Two things!! grin grin

Now claremont seriously,how do you fall in love with eyes? I am more than an eye!!

The eyes are the window to the soul mate, an eye tells a lot about someone, or don't you think?! kiss kiss
BTW "God" has approved Claremont dating Pendo89, I am sure this has his stamp of approval!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
DERAIL.!! shocked Now you believe in God too?
LOVE MIRACLES AND GOD?? shocked
Thank you God for my eyes then! Claremont was blind but now can see!
Gosh we have thoroughly derailed this.
lets meet on another thread.
cheers! am off now
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by DBestDoc(f): 1:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
We've derailed enough already.
Back to topic.My opinion-God does not forbid dating rather he forbids those activities(pre-marital sex included)92% of dating partners indulge in while dating.If we can only date without doing some silly things only married couples should do,then it is OK.
I wish we can all read the book [b]DATING WITH PURE PASSION. by Myles Monroe[/b]Then some confused peeps here will ve more pure and godly insight on dating.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
pendo89:

DERAIL.!! shocked Now you believe in God too?
LOVE MIRACLES AND GOD?? shocked
Thank you God for my eyes then! Claremont was blind but now can see!
Gosh we have thoroughly derailed this.
lets meet on another thread.
cheers! am off now
I will not let you off so easily with this your below-the-belt comment. I am not blind and never have been; on the contrary, it is the "love" adherents who have always said that "love" is blind, so they must be the one's who are blind then.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
Its Interesting to know that Most Nigerians don't believe in God, some have been stretching the issue to angles that he doesn't inter-fer into Human relationships. . . WTF!!

All thanks to Mormonism, Atheism, Paganism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and Rastafari which have succeeded in Blinding some of my country men.

Anyway, Opinions are not restricted and i keep on saying that only Peeps like Atreides, Sexkillz, Babe and Pendo have provided me with the best Answer i need to hear.

Hope those who thinks that God doesn't inter-fer in human's Bullshi*ts goes on doing the wrong thing. . . .We all have got the last day to be summoned!!

*Cheers*
cool cool
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2011
Does God approve two unmarried fellows dating?

Yes, God does approve it. Reference- Joseph and Mary were dating before they got married

Down to extents of Kissing and Romancing, are they all enacted in the 'Dos' of the creator?!
This is not allowed in Christianity. Reference- Joseph NEVER knew Mary and she remained a virgin. Her virtuousness (among others) made her to find favour in God's sight.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by BigMeat2: 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
Let all things be done with decency and in order - including dating.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by tEsLim(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2011
When you are educated you are a new being smiley , else you just let your parents waste all the money spent on education if you are going to keep believing some people from 2000 years ago and what they believed in. Why did you go to school then.

@ClareMont - they're educated but chose to wear the hat of ignorance/religion over knowledge and liberation of the mind.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2011
Did Joseph and mary date each other back then? i want to know
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

When you are educated you are a new being smiley , else you just let your parents waste all the money spent on education if you are going to keep believing some people from 2000 years ago and what they believed in. Why did you go to school then.

@ClareMont - they're educated but chose to wear the hat of ignorance/religion over knowledge and liberation of the mind.

Wow!! So tell me which School [Theological or Educational] that teaches u that "God is too busy to interfer into human relationships"? undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2011
toba:

Did Joseph and mary date each other back then? i want to know
Thought you said you were a theologian? undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
tEsLim:

Which school you come go oga? ITK undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by nglevis(f): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2011
yes it is good to avoid making mistakes
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by paris10: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

That Means you haven't been reading other comments? Oya , back to page one and come back and make a more rational statement!

Why do you think it's the BELIEVER'S responsibility to "prove" the topic, when YOU are the one making the opposing challenge? Preposterous, Right? undecided

You're right @sexkillz, enough good reasonings on the topic already. Nigerians are very intelligent people. We don't need any more gullible Xians
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

Which school you come go oga? ITK undecided

Atheists are evrywhere!!

They get educated at home grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2011
I see this thread has been flung into the Religious section of Nairaland by the MODs grin grin, deservedly so if you ask me. Now we are free to argue about the sheer folly a belief in religion is!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by 2Praise: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2011
Great topic.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2011
claremont.
Lol I wasnt aiming there grin
Just a joke take it easy.I donthave strength left to argue more on this.
I do say die at times.
smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
Yipee! Finally out of ROMANCE SECTION! I"M OUT! I only LOVE! grin grin grin Kill ya selves people!!!! cool
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2011
sexkillz:

Yipee! Finally out of ROMANCE SECTION! I"M OUT! I only LOVE! grin grin grin Kill ya selves people!!!! cool
pendo89:

claremont.
Lol I wasnt aiming there grin
Just a joke take it easy.I donthave strength left to argue more on this.
I do say die at times.
smiley
Great to know this thread has been swung to the domain where I hold sway, RELIGION!!!
Of course 90% of the former posters will run away now that they have seen that the "Calvary" has arrived, but who cares anyway, at least now we will have posters who will provide a theistic/atheistic opinion on this issue cheesy cheesy.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
well I need something fresh.I dont see anything interesting in Romance at the moment. Will just read.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by avosoft: 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
Contrary to what others have been saying, the simple and quick answer is Yes God approves dating , but wait  when you say dating, what exactly do you mean?

Dating - it usually refers to the act of meeting and engaging in some mutually agreed upon social activity in public, together, as a couple. (wikipedia).

Courtship -A period during which a couple develop a romantic relationship, esp. with a view to marriage. (wikipedia).

boyfriend - A boyfriend is a person's regular male companion in a romantic and/or intimate relationship, although normally not in long-term committed (e.g. marital) . (wikipedia).

girlfriend -  A girlfriend can refer to female partner in a non-marital romantic relationship .(wikipedia).

If the first two is what you are asking about, then YES God approves it. But note that even these can become disapproved once sexual-relation or similar is involved. Sex is a thing for only legally married couples. (Matthew 5:28). for the fact that you see everybody doing it does not mean that it is right. Many people steal, but it does not make it right

As for the last two, the answer to your question is NO. (1 Corinthians 6:9)

These laws are for our own protection, i guess if people adhere to these laws, there will be fewer or not sexually transmitted disease, motherless or fatherless children. etc

think twice before you indulge in sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / Church Structure & Sole Authority Pastors / Nigeria Led By Low-Quality Politicians — Bishop Ighele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.