Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,078 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? (107068 Views)

The Nigeria Immigration Deports 6 British Citizens / Visa-free Countries For Nigerian Citizens / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by fawwyb(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2007
Can somebody tell me what will happen if Nigeria citizens are eligible to travel to countries like CANADA, UK, USA, FRANCE AND GERMANY without visa? shocked
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by iice(f): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2007
Well that would mean our country don turn one of the 'developed' super nations. . .wouldn't that be great?

2 Likes

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by opensource(m): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2007
When i saw the subject of the post I actually thought this would least a few countries Nigerias can go with the passport.

Well in this case its the irony "what happens if we had free acess to this countries"

ANSSWERS

1 . The embassy here will all close up because no mor 20k plus and even more for Visa fee

2. Even Beggars will save up to ticket fee and travel when fee drops to about 70k for flight

and many more good things and Bad

But just to list some countires i know as a Nigeria you can get there

Cambodia
Grenada
South Africa ( with new passport)
and some other common wealth country

2 Likes

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by nicolas: 10:02pm On Aug 12, 2007
Singapore is visa free to Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by dejia(m): 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2007
opensource:

When i saw the subject of the post I actually thought this would least a few countries Nigerias can go with the passport.

Well in this case its the irony "what happens if we had free acess to this countries"

ANSSWERS

1 . The embassy here will all close up because no mor 20k plus and even more for Visa fee

2. Even Beggars will save up to ticket fee and travel when fee drops to about 70k for flight

and many more good things and Bad

But just to list some countires i know as a Nigeria you can get there

Cambodia
Grenada
South Africa ( with new passport)
and some other common wealth country

South Africa? Can u post the source of that info?
I doubt it if SA will allow Nigerians to enter here without visa, cos they aint visa free to Nigeria, and i am 100% sure that the citizens will protest against it.

1 Like

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by lovemajek(f): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2007
Nobody go want to leave naija because we go don better pass all those countrys.

3 Likes

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by peribiz(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2007
Hi Opensource,
Please confirm the information that Nigerians are visa free to South Africa with the new passport. Thank you.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by lovemajek(f): 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
To south Africa, yes Nigerian need no visa.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by peribiz(m): 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2007
Hi Opensource,
Please confirm the information that Nigerians are visa free to South Africa with the new passport. Thank you.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by VOR(m): 9:18pm On Aug 16, 2007
Because a country is visa free does not necessarily mean every national
of that country will automatically be granted entry. One can still be refused
at the port of entry.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by nicolas: 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2007
i doubt if south africa is visa free to Nigerians
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by VOR(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2007
I can categorically state that Nigerians DO need a visa
to visit South Africa regardless of the purpose.
I doubt very much this will change with the introduction
of the new bio-metric passport.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by fawwyb(m): 6:36am On Aug 17, 2007
Nigerians need Visa to enter South Africa, their goverment is firmly agianst visa freedom to Nigerians, regardless of whether new or old passport.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by VOR(m): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2007
fawwyb:

Nigerians need Visa to enter South Africa, their goverment is firmly agianst visa freedom to Nigerians, regardless of whether new or old passport.

Why you just de parrot the ting wey I don talk already?

cool cheesy
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by lovemajek(f): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2007
okay
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by lonlytroy(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2008
i really need someone that can help me about this visa problem.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by vince007: 12:07pm On May 26, 2009
Can we also think of restricting immigrants?
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by binack: 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2009
abeg i wan no whether barbados give naija free visa ?
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by Seun(m): 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2009
There's a comprehensive answer here:

blackspade: Singapore and Nepal are no longer visa free for Nigerians.

Countries that are visa free: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Togo, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Montserrat, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Turks and Caicos Islands, Cook Islands, Fiji, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Kosovo.

Countries that issue visa's on arrival (some charge fees): Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Madagascar, Mozambique, Uganda, Zambia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Georgia, Laos, Macau, and Timor-Leste.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-288767.0.html#msg4092110
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 27, 2009
Nice one.
I should be touring soon.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by Enquirer09: 3:43am On Jul 14, 2009
A Nigerian passport holder will definately require a visa for South Africa.

Please any suggestions as to how to get to Barbados. I need to make an urgent 4 day trip to Barbados and I am aware I don't require a visa to go there but can't find any airlines from Africa. Ideally, BA would go from Nigeria via London (transit) to Barbados but my UK visa has already ran out. I understand Jamaica doesn't require a transit visa for short stay and I can get a flight from Jamaica to Barbados. So how do I get to Jamaica, without a transit visa?

Since its very short notice, how best can I get to Barbados without a transit visa? Alternatively, what embassies can issue a transit visa within a week?

I am also aware you don't require a transit visa if you fly KLM but not sure of Air France and if they even go to any of the Caribean Islands. Pls legitimate suggestions will be appreciated, possibly with relaible web links.

Many thanks.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by noblegas2(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
Nigerian Passport is Visa Free to Singapore!!!
Who said dat
NIgerian Passport is visa free to South Africa!!!
whoeva said dat has got 2 be Kiddin me

FYI, Nigerian passport USED to be VISA free to singapre but not anymore,
plus Nigerian passport is NOT VISA free to Southy,

ya`all can confirm & if u av doubts, U can prove me wrong,

For d man goin to Barbados,yea! its VISA FREE to nigerian passport for 6 months but 1 tin is dat u might be Denied Entrance @ d point of entry, & d chances of denyin U is very High cuz of D passport u poccess but U can easily get an Emirates ticket to Sao paolo and connect to Bridge Town, i wish u safe journey dt is if uare allowed entrance cuz naijas don spoil show 4 carribean O!!!
Bliv me, but u can try

2 Likes

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by Enquirer09: 11:24pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Nobel_Gas, thanks a lot for your response re getting to Barbados. I have been on the Emirate website and found a flight from Lagos to Sao Paolo via Dubai. I'm not sure if I require a transit visa for Dubai and if so how soon I can process it. Secondly, would I be needing a Brazilian visa to get to Sao Paolo, where I'll be catching another airline to Bridgetown

Pls advice. Thnx
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by noblegas2(m): 5:48am On Jul 15, 2009
Enquirer09:

@ Nobel_Gas, thanks a lot for your response re getting to Barbados. I have been on the Emirate website and found a flight from Lagos to Sao Paolo via Dubai. I'm not sure if I require a transit visa for Dubai and if so how soon I can process it. Secondly, would I be needing a Brazilian visa to get to Sao Paolo, where I'll be catching another airline to Bridgetown

Pls advice. Thnx
Yu wellcome, U do not require a Visa to Transit in Dubai plus U do not Need a Brazilian Visa to get to Sao Paolo because Nigerian Passport os Transit-Free to Sao Paolo for a period of 8 hours,in other words, U hav to leave sao Paolo within 8 hours dat ur 1st flights arrived der.u can catch anoda airline to bridgetown but it depends, U can Contact me on johnny_fleet@yahoo.com for more information & plz be careful whoeva u give money to because dey wuld only give wrong advise, i av been to about 5 carribean countries Including Port of Spain(Trinidad & Tobago) wich is beside barbados so dats y i know abt d place,

1 Like

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by kingsoboi: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2009
hello everyone, im a Nigerian leaving in ivory coast for 2 years now, life here is not easy since i cant get a job but to do little business here and there to stay alive and away from troubles. i have a dream of traveling to Europe or America for a better life hence i cant go back to Nigeria not because i am ashamed or anything but just because i cant live in naija anymore after staying here all this years.

i still have my valid naija pp with just few stamps from naija, Ghana, Benin and ivory coast, i want to move out from here but from what people are saying that traveling with naija pp is very difficult to enter Europe or America. i have not gone to any embassy to inquire if this is possible but really i want to travel out from here. can someone help me out here, i can sponsor myself in ticket, visa fees if there will be any needed in the countries that i have in mind and also i can get my BTA. I need real contact and real people over there that can help me enter the country, i am a simple and cool guy and can be trusted. Few friends of mine has moved out but not to the countries i have in mind, mostly to Asian countries which is out of the question. i need to be in the US or Europe, can someone over there help me out get in there? I have been thinking about selling my car, a VW Golf MK 4 to raise any amount that can get me into US or Europe. please someone over there, just help me to get in there and i promise i wouldn't be a problem, i can start myself up just few months of getting in there because i don't intend to suffer when i get in there and wouldn't like to give anyone troubles; I am hardworking and strong, i know i can cope with whatever and ready to work. if you can help me i will be most grateful, my email address is: kingsolala@msn.com. please write me and i will be very glad to respond to any details that you may need. Kingston

1 Like

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by LaNiger(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2009
Kingsoboi

I can't imagine the situation you are in, but sympathize with you. It is quite difficult for anyone to get to the USA or Europe these days and there is probably nothing anyone here can do to help you.

You will have to apply for the visa yourself and find your way into these countries legitimately. Finding work in these countries is also difficult without work authorization.

I know that things in Africa are quite difficult, not to say that it is not difficult here in the USA or Europe. It will be extremely difficult without the proper paper work. I wish you all the best in all your endeavors and hope things work out for you.
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by KellyGal: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2009
Hi everyone, this link is the best one I have found for Visa-free or Visa-on-Arrival for holders of Nigerian Passports, check it out and good luck!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_passport
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by selencious(f): 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2010
Who told Y'all Nigerians don't need Visas to South Africa?? Dream on!!!!
The Only countries Nigerian don't need a visa to are:

1. Haiti
2. Zimbabwe
3. Afganistan
4. Iraq
5. Mauritania
wink wink wink smiley
Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by hadexman(m): 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nigerians with diplomatic passport need no visa to visit South Africa, but if you are traveling with an ordinary passport, you need a visa.

1 Like

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by suxes2005(m): 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
hadexman:

Nigerians with diplomatic passport need no visa to visit South Africa, but if you are traveling with an ordinary passport, you need a visa.

how many nigerians get
diplomatic passport?
U get one?

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Which Countries Are Visa-Free To Nigeria Citizens? by manmustwac(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
@post
Somalia Afghanistan and Darfur are visa free countries smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.