Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. (10638 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Is Your Genotype Compatible With The Person You're Considering Marrying? / Having One Last Fling Before Marrying Him - Why It's A Bad Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 2:56am On Jul 26, 2011
@ silverstud - I am not a hypocrite. I am a born again christian and I believe that right is right and wrong is wrong.
@ Mrs.Chima - I agree with you that marriage is marriage and if you take vows before God then, no man or woman should tear it down. It is just that he has been able to convince her that the marriage is void. My friend is not desperate as I said she just recently found out so she was already involved with him.
@claremont- I am not jealous or envy of their relationship. Like I said before I am happy for her. I am not trying to mess up anyones relationship I just feel that right is right and wrong is wrong. This man goes to church every sunday and is living a lie before God. What if she do marry him and die tomorrow. Where would her soul be? Besides I have a very loving relationship.
@nanidee2- How will it play out?
@Mynd_44- I am not into bashing. I am just trying to look out for her.

I will say one thing he can be married legal or not. It doesn't matter, because if they do get married and after he get his papers and try to leave her or bring his wife over. He is going to be in serious trouble, because I will lay all of his business to immigration and as fast as he got his green card they will take it back quicker. I already spoke to my attorney and he told me all that need to be done. So I just suggest he don't screw up.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Mynd44: 3:03am On Jul 26, 2011
Well only time will tell
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 3:46am On Jul 26, 2011
I am sure it will. grin
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 26, 2011
claremont:

@OP: It seems you are so fixated on destroying your friend's relationship, because you have already concluded that her boyfriend is dating her for papers. Good, but why come on a Nigerian website asking for advice from Nigerians to spoil a Nigerian man's relationship with your friend?! My own position is that this issue reeks of petty jealousy and envy, you have seen the loving way we Nigerian men take care of our women, and because no one bothers to look at you, you are now so determined to spoil someone else's bliss. Grow up, and leave two consenting adults to live their lives and learn from their own mistakes!

Yes,you Nigerian men are very LOVING! grin Thanks for pointing that out. (In small font, I couldnt resist! Sorry)
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 6:33am On Jul 26, 2011
Hmm.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Hmm.

Im teasing Claremont about using the word "loving"
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by claremont(m): 7:40am On Jul 26, 2011
talina:

Im teasing Claremont about using the word "loving"
angry angry
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by koolkamzzy(m): 8:31am On Jul 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

(hitting a high note) 
[size=16pt]Grrrrreeeeen Caaaaard Looooooooove or Bluuuuuue Caaaard Loooooove.[/size]

Very typical of you, always seeing every Nigerian guy trying to date an American babe as scam and yet you are engage or married to one. Smh @ bad belle.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2011
Clearly the man is has not told her everything but the Nigerian man is not scamming your friend she is a willing accomplice. You write smart, if she is your friend she is probably smart too. She has seen all these but still wants to go ahead its obvious she does not want the truth or maybe she knows but does not mind. My only problem with her is this- if things go awry btwn them she will be telling the whole wide world how terrible Nigerian brothers are when she herself is a husband snatcher. Is she a born again like you? does she know what is wrong is wrong and what is right is right if so she should leave another woman's husband alone since she now knows the truth.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
silverstud:

The poster is a hypocrite, there are American Men who go to Russia, Ukraine, Columbia, Brazil, etc to find Wifes. Because they are Old and No One in America will Marry them, These Men get the benefit of sleeping with young pretty girls , while the Girls get the benefit of coming to America, Everyone knows that these marriages for not for love but are mutually beneficial,

How is that different from an African, Carribean, South American, and Yes European man who dates an American Girls, give her love and affection, plus heavy Mandingo (that they will never experience in their lives) and benefits by getting a Green Card.

the difference is that EVERYBODY in the equation is aware of whats going on. the US guys that goes to Russia etc to marry these girls DONT lie about what they are looking for. they go to these places and lay it all on the table: "i got money, i will marry you, take you back with me to my country and we will be a couple." FAIR ENOUGH!!!

on the other hand, this brotha is not being honest about his intentions. he is already married AND if its the green card he is after, then he should say it straight up to this damsel so that she can decide if YES or NO she wants to be part of this charade.

even a blind man can see the difference!!!

Guys please wake up, every relationship/marriage is a contract that both parties are gaining from one way or the other, unfortunately it does not last forever,

should honesty be thrown out of the window?! people who want to marry one another should be fully honest about their intentions, if they arent then that is NOT a marriage but a SCAM!!!!
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by lisasmiles: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2011
@andromida - That is the thing he has convince her that he is not really married to the girl in Nigeria and he wants to be with her and he has no intention of every going back to his country. My friend said that she has also spoke with a close relative of his that has been married to an American woman for over 14 years and he said that once he came to America that the life over in his country was over. So she did not have anything to worry about. So she is not truly aware of what is truth and what is not. They have all manage to "woo" her closer to him.
@MRbrownJAY - I agree that is all I am trying to say. Just be honest and give her the opportunity to decide if this is the road she wants to take.
@claremont - Yes you all might be loving, but not always honest especially in my friends case.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
koolkamzzy:

Very typical of you, always seeing every Nigerian guy trying to date an American babe as scam and yet you are engage or married to one. Smh @ bad belle.

That's what YOU THINK and that on YOU BOO BOO. cheesy

UNTIL you see me TYPE THAT EVERY Nigerian guy are dating or marrying Americans for scamming purpose DON'T PUT words ON MY FINGERS. IF I THINK that EVERY Nigerians are into scamming I will SAY IT with no hestitation. TRUST ME. It is obvious you do not read EVERY comments I posted on this site. Typical.

Even YOUR OWN PEOPLE saying GREEN CARD LOVE and you riding on MY DICK. Guilty huh?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by debosky(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Even YOUR OWN PEOPLE saying GREEN CARD LOVE and you riding on MY Joystick. Guilty huh?

shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

the difference is that EVERYBODY in the equation is aware of whats going on. the US guys that goes to Russia etc to marry these girls DONT lie about what they are looking for. they go to these places and lay it all on the table: "i got money, i will marry you, take you back with me to my country and we will be a couple." FAIR ENOUGH!!!

on the other hand, this brotha is not being honest about his intentions. he is already married AND if its the green card he is after, then he should say it straight up to this damsel so that she can decide if YES or NO she wants to be part of this charade.

even a blind man can see the difference!!!

should honesty be thrown out of the window?! people who want to marry one another should be fully honest about their intentions, if they arent then that is NOT a marriage but a SCAM!!!!

Thank you very much MBJ.  Yo KoolKamzzy!  MBJ is Nigerian.   cheesy   What's that?  I can't hear you?   Thought so.   cool
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
debosky:

shocked shocked cheesy cheesy

That's what Seun has for the men's private parts. I can't stand him sometimes! angry

By the way, if I thought ALL Nigerians or Nigerian Americans were into scamming and they are not good people why would I get involve or befriend anyone that is Nigerian? undecided

Doesn't make sense huh? Exactly.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
andromida:

Clearly the man is has not told her everything but the Nigerian man is not scamming your friend she is a willing accomplice. You write smart, if she is your friend she is probably smart too. She has seen all these but still wants to go ahead its obvious she does not want the truth or maybe she knows but does not mind. My only problem with her is this- if things go awry btwn them she will be telling the whole wide world how terrible Nigerian brothers are when she herself is a husband snatcher. Is she a born again like you? does she know what is wrong is wrong and what is right is right if so she should leave another woman's husband alone since she now knows the truth.

I agree. On my other post I stated if she wants to be the sloppy second it on her. You are right this is not a scam-like situation because she KNOWS about it and still wants to be with ANOTHER woman's husband. SMH.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
lisasmiles:

@andromida - That is the thing he has convince her that he is not really married to the girl in Nigeria and he wants to be with her and he has no intention of every going back to his country. My friend said that she has also spoke with a close relative of his that has been married to an American woman for over 14 years and he said that once he came to America that the life over in his country was over. So she did not have anything to worry about. So she is not truly aware of what is truth and what is not. They have all manage to "woo" her closer to him.
@MRbrownJAY - I agree that is all I am trying to say. Just be honest and give her the opportunity to decide if this is the road she wants to take.
@claremont - Yes you all might be loving, but not always honest especially in my friends case.
Then there is nothing you can do for her she knows but is willing to take the risk.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by jaybee3(m): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
Detective Q flapping her wings tongue
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2011
@all
there is nothing wrong with what the poster is doing because we all have met someone who was too blinded by love (or good dikcing) to see and use their brain wisely.
only a true friend can come and knock her at the back of the head and wake her up for her dream/nightmare.

some people are willing to do crazy insane shiit for love and it is our duties as friends to help them to reason and act right.

if that man is only out for green card when this girl is out for LOVE then, obviously, her friend is right to be worried because this man will surely dump her when he get his papers.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
jay bee:

Detective Q flapping her wings tongue

You smelt my pheromones huh? kiss kiss Irresistible mucha. tongue
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@all
there is nothing wrong with what the poster is doing because we all have met someone who was too blinded by love (or good dikcing) to see and use their brain wisely.
only a true friend can come and knock her at the back of the head and wake her up for her dream/nightmare.

some people are willing to do crazy insane shiit for love and it is our duties as friends to help them to reason and act right.

if that man is only out for green card when this girl is out for LOVE then, obviously, her friend is right to be worried because this man will surely dump her when he get his papers.

In this case it was good fucking. When SOME (let me make sure I put some before somebody feelings get hurt) women get some dick after being alone or without THEY LOSES their mind. There is no way in hell a person who has SELF RESPECT and INTEGRITY will so much CONTINUE being with a man that is married REGARDLESS IF IT OUT OF COURT or in court.

Well MBJ. We can't save everybody huh?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by jaybee3(m): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You smelt my pheromones huh? kiss kiss Irresistible mucha. tongue
Always on ma minddddddddddddd
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
LisaMarie

I applaud you for standing up for your friend and YOU ARE INDEED A GOOD FRIEND which is RARE these days.

Continue being there for her because she will need it in a few years. Never utter the word I told you so because it will push her further away from you.

Keep doing what you doing and encourage her to put SELF first before anybody else.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 2:01pm On Jul 26, 2011
jay bee:

Always on ma minddddddddddddd
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Aww. You know I have a blank airline ticket that I can use now. What do you say we go somewhere exclusive just YOU AND I?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by jaybee3(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
I have 20 days A/L to take before the financial year ends so it's all cooooooliooooooo
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by 190: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
jay bee:

I have 20 days A/L to take before the financial year ends so it's all cooooooliooooooo
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 2:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
jay bee:

You pick the place and time or we could play Scrabble in your backyard.  

Good thing UK is part of the Visa Waiver Program.  I wouldn't need to book hotels and get a letter of host which would delay our playing Scrabble.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by jaybee3(m): 2:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
Just book ya ticket and bring ya sexxxxy behind down herrrreeeeeee
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 2:17pm On Jul 26, 2011
Red pumps or leopard print pumps?

3 days or 1 night?
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by jaybee3(m): 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
Red pumps or leopard print pumps? I'm a sucker for redddd but leopard being suggestive makes me wanna know whatchu got

3 days or 1 night?
The more the merrier
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by MrsChima(f): 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hmm.

Let just say when we finish playing our weekend long Scrabble that you will follow me home barefooted.
Re: My Friend Is Dating A Man From Nigeria And Considering Marrying Him. by debosky(m): 2:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
To those saying the marriage was 'before the most high' were you at the wedding?

I know naija guys have often displayed shady intentions in many cases, but no one here can say for sure that he's shady.

Firstly, he might have indeed been forced to marry the 'wife' in naija, and may never have intended to do so in the first place. As for those saying any marriage is marriage, I disagree - I was calling young gals my wife since I was 5. . . .if that's the case I have over 20 wives as we speak. grin grin

But seriously speaking, what needs to be established is the nature of the 'marriage' to this woman. If it was a charade in a village to save face, then it's not really a marriage in my book and can be disregarded. If he is indeed married, then he'll need to sort it out first before marrying her.

As for those saying he must be shady because she somehow found out, I guess you've never had painful secrets you felt ashamed to share?

He might turn out to be fraudulent, but I do think there's a good chance he's not. Yes even his mother could be lying, but I doubt that is the case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Spot A Virgin!!! / How Do You Know Your Partner Is The Right One For You? / What Do You Like About Being A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.