Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? (2853 Views)

Two Step Verification Or Authentication Using Sms Api (tutorial) / How To Build Geo-tracking Apps With AngularJS, Ionic & The Salesforce REST API / Nigerian Stock Exchange (nse)api (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? by Nov1ce(m): 4:28pm On Jul 25, 2011
Hey, am trying to integrate spell checker with and application in Java and I heard about the Jazzy API but I don't seem to understand the explanation from all the resource materials I have seen, It's like once the coding starts they just take 5 GIANT leaps and I just get lost. Would be glad to have assistance from ma 9ja people,
Re: How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? by Mobinga: 8:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
You are asking on how to use an API? Why don't you read the documentation? angry
Re: How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? by Fayimora(m): 8:49pm On Jul 25, 2011
I implemented my own library(just 2 classes) for this. All you need is a dictionary(a list of words in a text file or xml) and you can get loads of them online,
Re: How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? by Nov1ce(m): 8:55am On Jul 26, 2011
I have the dictionary in the text format already, and I have also downloaded the API (or something I think is it) (@Mobinga) but the docs only explain how to use the methods and classes contained in the API. I like need to see a VERY SIMPLE app written and explained on how to use the API cause I want to tweak the use of the API to suit a particular purpose and I cant do that without understanding at least the basics. @Fay, could u do a brief sample of a spell checker for me with explanations - I know ur gud with those kind of stuff. Would appreciate.
Re: How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? by logica(m): 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
You didn't get the link below in your Google search?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-jazzy/
Re: How Do I Use The Jazzy Api? by Fayimora(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
If the link logica gave you isin't explanatory then you can use this spell checker. It comes with an example also.

Nov1ce:

but the docs only explain how to use the methods and classes contained in the API.
As a programmer, i dont think you need more than that. Trust me if you really want to explore then all you need is an explanation of the classes, methods and constants if at all there are any. Once you know what they return or accept as parameters, you should be able to do a lot from that. Its good to explore before looking for SC.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Hate Most In Programming / Young NL Programmer Creates His First Game / See The Javascript Code That Is Turning My Brain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.