Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence (16347 Views)

Lagos Center Of Excellence / Jimi Agbaje Is Lagos PDP Governorship Candidate / Welcome To Lagos State: The Centre of Excellence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Afam4eva(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2011
I think the FG should censor the use of monikers. What is excellent about lagos? Is it the fact that it's one of the dirtiest states in Nigeria or what? I think the slogan of Abia, Ogun, lagos and some other states shouls be withdrawn.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by phantom(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2011
Dee afam, okwa e chowala okwu , lol grin
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2011
good question, i think Anambra should be give that name given the fact that onistsha and other great people like ZIK of Africa and IKEMBA of Ivory coast came from the state.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by phantom(m): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2011
^trust me when i say this, sarcasm is not your strong fort.its better left for people who do not rear cattle,
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Afam4eva(m): 8:13am On Jul 26, 2011
I just don't think any state in Nigeria should be called "the center of excellence(Lagos)" and God's own state(Abia). It's not befitting for any state in the cesspit called Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 26, 2011
Ask those Alaba ibo boys !
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 8:20am On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

I just don't think any state in Nigeria should be called "the center of excellence(Lagos)" and God's own state(Abia). It's not befitting[b] for any state in the cesspit called Nigeria.[/b]

and why is that?

is it befitting for America to call itself God's own country ?

a name is a name unless you prove otherwise
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aspabay(m): 8:56am On Jul 26, 2011
@poster. Why are you so dump. Are you a Nigerian at all. Tell me which state deserve to be the centre of excellence?
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by phantom(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
aspabay:

@poster. Why are you so dump. Are you a Nigerian at all. Tell me which state deserve to be the centre of excellence?
maybe crossrivers undecided grin
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Honeycity(f): 1:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
aspabay:

i think you are more dumb, must you call somebody name before you can drive home your point? rubbish angry
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by edoyad(m): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
@poster, obviously you weren't born and bred in lagos. Is lagos the center of excellence ? Yes . Why ? Honestly i can't say, but i know there's this egotism lagosians suffer from that makes your opinion irrelevant.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by abbey621(m): 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
This is another case of a drunk who has nothing 2 do but blabber rubbish, please poster get a life! I don't know why most of you goons started attacking Lagos but still you refused to live without it, pschew!
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Afam4eva(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
@ the guy above me aka abbey
Chineke kpokwa gi oku. How I'm I insulting lagos by asking a sinple question why states in Nigeria don't depict what their slogans says. Instead of you to post something reasonable to add credence to the topic of discussion you chose to expose the mental poverty that is inherent in you. Anumanu.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by dblessed(f): 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
no state may really deserve the names they are called now but in my own view, it's like going to church daily and attending all the activities as a sinner, i sure know one day you'll be touched and forced to change by your own self. so those names are only motivators, compare your states from when they hadn't names to now that they have names. missions in our states may be purpose driven due to the names given. let's try and see the positive side of it. things can only get better.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by lajoo504: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
My question to the poster is 1) where do live 2) what state are you from 3) what is the slogan of your state ? I am 100% sure that you are not a Lagosian but live in Lagos or at least income comes from Lagos; therefor, tell me why Lagos is not the center of excellence when a very good % of your people that are well to made their money in Lagos, why is it not center of excellence when people believe they have to get to before they can make it either through legal means or otherwise.
Lagos is bad but you and your people refused to leave us to enjoy it
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by EkoIle1: 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
Yet another Lagos fixation thread.

You people just can not get enough of Lagos state,

Thanks for the attention sha.

Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by buy1get2(m): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Eko o ni baje o,
O baje tii
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 5:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
lajoo504:

My question to the poster is 1) where do live 2) what state are you from 3) what is the slogan of your state ? I am 100% sure that you are not a Lagosian but live in Lagos or at least income comes from Lagos; therefor, tell me why Lagos is not the center of excellence when a very good % of your people that are well to made their money in Lagos, why is it not center of excellence when people believe they have to get to before they can make it either through legal means or otherwise.
Lagos is bad but you and your people refused to leave us to enjoy it

ask am o
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

I think the FG should censor the use of monikers. What is excellent about lagos? Is it the fact that it's one of the dirtiest states in Nigeria or what? I think the slogan of Abia, Ogun, lagos and some other states shouls be withdrawn.

you see your life. out of jealousy and envy, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Afam4eva(m): 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
So,it's center of excellence simply because people make money in it. Pls see a psychiatrist.

By the way I live in Lagosm But I'm originally from Enugu(the coal city state). Doesn't that make more sense?

And who says I'm out to witch-hunt lagos alonea. This is about almost every state in Nigeria that has fake slogans. You can go check my post in a similar thread titled "Why is Abia God's own state" to see what I mean. I don't know why you people must always be on the defensive.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

So,it's center of excellence simply because people make money in it. Pls see a psychiatrist.

By the way I live in Lagos But I'm originally from Enugu(the coal city state). Doesn't that make more sense?

and that is the reason you have no right or what so ever to ask such a question since you are not an indigene of the state you are from "coal city" not from the "centre of excellence". you are not an indigene of lagos.ok

you came to lagos for a better life and not to be asking questions about the state. nuff said
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by seedord247(m): 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

By the way I live in Lagosm But I'm originally from Enugu(the coal city state). Doesn't that make more sense?

And who says I'm out to witch-hunt lagos alonea. This is about almost every state in Nigeria that has fake slogans. You can go check my post in a similar thread titled "Why is Abia God's own state" to see what I mean. I don't know why you people must always be on the defensive.

where you there when they name it lagos? or is it not pple like you that came and destroy my precious lagos.

and you do you know the percentage of igbo's living in lagos and more also that have make it thru the system of importing fakes goods.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Afam4eva(m): 6:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
Here we go again.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

Here we go again.

a beg answer the question

alj harem:

and that is the reason you have no right or what so ever to ask such a question since you are not an indigene of the state you are from "coal city" not from the "centre of excellence". you are not an indigene of lagos.ok

you came to lagos for a better life and not to be asking questions about the state. nuff said

you went to lagos for a better life, and yet you want to start asking questions. what a funny life isn't it brother afam
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by seedord247(m): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

a beg answer the question

you went to lagos for a better life, and yet you want to start asking questions. what a funny life isn't it brother afam

leave the brosss. . . . . if enugu pay's him why can't he transform those coal to money or excellence
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Afam4eva(m): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
@Alharem and co
Pls I'm very sorry for insulting lagos. I take back everything that I said. Pls forgive me.Will you? I'll also ask for forgiveness in church.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by aljharem(m): 6:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

@Alharem and co
Pls I'm very sorry for insulting lagos. I take back everything that I said. Pls forgive me.Will you? I'll also ask for forgiveness in church.

no problem brother. we are cool cool
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence
Ask thousands of people that move there yearly, and ended up settling for good.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by MadDog1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2011
nigeria give name for just giving sake! the military that gives those name are all MAD!
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by executinal(m): 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2011
Mad Dog!!!:

nigeria give name for just giving sake!  the military that gives those name are all MAD!
@Mad Dog while all your responds flows in line with your user name? Mad Bank, Mad Man every post Mad easy ooh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by hackney(m): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2011
alj harem:

you see your life. out of jealousy and envy, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

laff wan kill me oo.
Re: Why Is Lagos Center Of Excellence by kettykin: 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2011
actually lagos is an economic power house, from statistic i gathered from work lagos accounts for 25 percent of the income of nepa and about 60 percent of the fuel consumed in nigeria is consumed in lagos, i dont have the figure for telecommunications but my guess is that lagos accounts for much of telecom revenue.

However the status of lagos is very shaky because the giants of the south south is rising.
The south south accounts for 5 grade a airports in nigeria while south west accounts for 1 and the south east accounts for 2 , the north has just 5. In terms of capital expenditure the 4 south south excluding edo and cross river accounts for the bulk of more than 40 percent of the capital expenditure with heavy investments in ipp and highways.

From my thinking ,lagos was the center of excellence and the centre is gradually shifting towards the niger delta just like japan has lost its place to china, lagos is gradually loosing its place to niger delta.
The final blow will be the completion of the deep sea ports in akwa ibom and calabar diverting more than half the maritime cargo to the east also the internationalisation of enugu , asaba and akwa ibom airports will nail the growth of aviation business in lagos.actually lagos is an economic power house, from statistic i gathered from work lagos accounts for 25 percent of the income of nepa and about 60 percent of the fuel consumed in nigeria is consumed in lagos, i dont have the figure for telecommunications but my guess is that lagos accounts for much of telecom revenue.

However the status of lagos is very shaky because the giants of the south south is rising.
The south south accounts for 5 grade a airports in nigeria while south west accounts for 1 and the south east accounts for 2 , the north has just 5. In terms of capital expenditure the 4 south south excluding edo and cross river accounts for the bulk of more than 40 percent of the capital expenditure with heavy investments in ipp and highways.

From my thinking ,lagos was the center of excellence and the centre is gradually shifting towards the niger delta just like japan has lost its place to china, lagos is gradually loosing its place to niger delta.
The final blow will be the completion of the deep sea ports in akwa ibom and calabar diverting more than half the maritime cargo to the east also the internationalisation of enugu , asaba and akwa ibom airports will nail the growth of aviation business in lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Nigerian Army Rescues 30 Persons From Boko Haram’s Captivity / Jonathan Received Land In Abuja Green Area— Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.