Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? (2550 Views)

When Does A joystick Really Stop Growing / Lady Finally Replies Me After I Asked Her A Question 2years Ago On Fb Chat. / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Jettage: 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2011
I have seen men who were married grow cold in love, it was shocking to know that a marriage once celebrated with so much of excitement can grow cold.

Living together with a woman only to hide the shame of not being married is disgusting to me, especially when it is so obvious that the excitement of the marriage is ended.

There seems to be some insatiable appetite in man and woman that the bondage of marriage cannot satisfy, I have seen women in infidelity and men too, it is terrible these days that I begin to wonder if marriage is necessary.

My friend leaves for work at 8 am, and returns at 5pm, he came back one days and traced the wife to her shop, he was too lucky to find her locking the shop and he traced her to the house of a custom officer, the wife sat conveniently on the lap of a custom officer in Lagos.

I know someone who does not sleep with his wife anymore but he prefers to sleep with other women,
This thing discourages one from starting a relationship

I have seen many girl boasting about several men and same with men,

When I see married men or women in Restaurants and public places buying food in the morning, I wonder what their wives are doing that their husbands must eat outside,

When I see women in rage and fury, I imagine a marriage with a quarrelsome woman,
With the new civilization that allows women to open their breast of show a bit of their unclothedness, I wonder if one can marry a good wife,

Anytime I see a woman expose her unclothedness, it tears me apart, I know that some men like them so, but would not like it if their wives does it (when Love is really at its birth stage)

Yet, there must be some good girls somewhere

Please for those who are married, when does Love Expire?

[color=#000099][/color]Forgive me for being too clumsy, it is an expression of the state of my heart
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Mynd44: 3:50am On Jul 27, 2011
And your point is?
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by iice(f): 4:08am On Jul 27, 2011
Lmao at confusion and blinders.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by 190: 4:11am On Jul 27, 2011
This OP is making sense

[s]Thats exactly what i keep telling mzdarkskin

stop takin  pics of your nyash and uploading em on NL - she vexed and curssed!! [/s] angry angry

Back to Post -

I guess its the 21st century thing - I see no reason why a woman, whom i have promised to be with for better for worse

dissapoint her cos of other girls out there - I was never raised in a broken marriage neither would my future marriage be broken

can i hear an [size=38pt]AMEN[/size] from someone  angry angry

My marriage MUST work - no matter how low the fire burns, I must make it work

All we humans need to do is get that final piece of puzzle (partner) and things would unfold eventually  undecided
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Misbee(f): 6:22am On Jul 27, 2011
Marriage is a big time institution,once u enter no backin out.Marriage is al abt T.O.L.E.R.A.N.C.E.During d time of ur courtship,u wuld hav known d kind man/woman he/she would b,if he/she is d type u can b wit against al odds den dats cool.To me i tink dose dat hav issues in their marriage has nt taken time out of no time durin courtship 2 truly knw who dey truly are,2 knw if dey are truly COMPATIBLE(i mean compatibliity in almost everytin bt nt in al tins sha).I pray God bless married pple n He shal nt forsake we dat r yet 2 marry IJN.My advice,look out 4dat special person dat u re destin 2 b wit.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by DBestDoc(f): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2011
hmmmm? never knew love has an expiry date
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by SleekReek(m): 8:37am On Jul 27, 2011
I have seen men who were married grow cold in love, it was shocking to know that a marriage once celebrated with so much of excitement can grow cold.

Living together with a woman only to hide the shame of not being married is disgusting to me, especially when it is so obvious that the excitement of the marriage is ended.

There seems to be some insatiable appetite in man and woman that the bondage of marriage cannot satisfy, I have seen women in infidelity and men too, it is terrible these days that I begin to wonder if marriage is necessary.

My friend leaves for work at 8 am,  and returns at 5pm, he came back one days and traced the wife to her shop, he was too lucky to find her locking the shop and he  traced her to the house of a custom officer, the wife sat conveniently on the lap of a custom officer in Lagos.  

I know someone who does not sleep with his wife anymore but he prefers to sleep with other women,
This thing discourages one from starting a relationship

I have seen many girl boasting about several men and same with men,

When I see married men or women in Restaurants and public places buying food in the morning, I wonder what their wives are doing that their husbands must eat outside,

When I see women in rage and fury, I imagine a marriage with a quarrelsome woman,
With the new civilization that allows women to open their bosom of show a bit of their unclothedness, I wonder if one can marry a good wife,

Anytime I see a woman expose her unclothedness, it tears me apart, I know that some men like them so, but would not like it if their wives does it (when Love is really at its birth stage)

Yet, there must be some good girls somewhere

Please for those who are married, when does Love Expire?

Forgive me for being too clumsy, it is an expression of the state of my heart
[b][/b]

Love doesn't expire,but the question should be asked was it love in the first place? Also pertinent question is love enough to sustain a marriage?

Being married for 3years and from my little experience and from a spiritual point of view,marriage is so complicated and complex that you need the help of God for any God ordained marriage to survive,to add to all the complexity you have the devil who fights marriages and then you have the two individuals in the marraige who arrive the marriage with character flaws and yet added to the mix is two people or one persons going into marriage without adequate preparation or knowledged,then my poster what you get is the examples you enumerated above.

Not to fear what you have seen is one side of the coin,there is another side the good side,so go into marriage with adequate knowledge,prepare well,pray and trust God.Let me leave you with a few advices that have helped me

1)Don't marry tribe,complexion,shape,profession,money but marry your friend and marry for love
2)True love comes from God,it's not a feeling but a decision you make to stay committed to your spouse,feelings is usually sustained by this decision,the decision helps you  throught the challenges that always come.
3)During courtship spend more time communicating instead of being involved sexually,communication brings understanding,understanding bring unity and peace.
4)In marriage prepare to change and make compromises to make the marriage work.
5)Agree from the beginning they are areas to are not to be touched,e.g Divorce,unfaithfulness.When this is settled then you feel safe to be yourself in marriage never ever in marriage threaten each other with divorce or being unfaithful for any reason,fight fair,Arguments  will come but there is nothing that can't be settled by two matured adults sitting down and having a talk.
6)Work very hard to keep the passion in your marriage burning hot,let nothing(e.g children,career,business,church activities) take the place of first your relationship to God and then your relationship with each other. Be innovative in the bedroom,go out on dates,never settle into a rote,husbands;keep chasing your wife,and wife;keep seducing your husbands.
7)No matter what or how hard,do two things and your marriage will never die1) Always pray together every day about your marriage 2)Never sleep in seperate rooms or beds and if you are brave enough always sleep close to each other naked!

With all these,not exhaustive in the least,i can tell you that love never expires.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by pendo89(f): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2011
@Jettage!!

That is a lot of headache you are carrying in your head!! undecided undecided.
Stop looking at people's failures and concentrate on building your future or else your giving yourself ulcers for other pple's biz!

Lol!! You are seeing and interpreting too much! more than you can handle! grin  men and women eating at restos undecided angry women,semi Unclad women?
You are becoming obsessed!! Be careful with your senses undecided

Now peoples' failures/acts do not determine your destiny or make you lose hope in anything esp marriage.There are blissful ones.Check them out!
Listen what you are seeing now has been going on since time immemorial and will continue happening long after you are gone bro.
So relax,be hopeful,optimistic, close your ears and eyes when it comes to other pple's biz. You will not be able to handle. undecided

To answer you question,Love can grow cold and eventually die. I am not sure if die/expire is the same thing here.
All you need to do is work hard to stop it from growing cold.Now that is a booklet in itself but we know the basics.

Plus its human nature to admire/desire what they do not posess. How to stop that? keep your fire burning.

Finally.Its not a must to marry esp if you cannot handle heartbreaks.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by redsun(m): 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2011
A man is not main to have just one woman.Of course you gonna get fed up one thing after a while.love is a pipe dream
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 28, 2011
Love will only expire if it was based on The physical beauty of a person, wealth, fame etc.

Real true love last forever but the passion wouldn't last forever if you don't put in a bit of work now and then.

P.S I am not married Oo cheesy I am only speaking from my own personal experience and common sense.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by ronkebp(f): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2011
'True love' does not expire.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Orton10(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2011
Sometimes I ponder over this and My head just feels like its gon explode. Poster, thanks for stating the f***kin obvious and rekindling that fear of marriage in me. Got me a couple of years before momma comes running. Thank you v.much!
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by redsun(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2011
There is universal love that cherishes all that is good but there is nothing personal about it.As long as u cherish u will LV
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by claremont(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2011
The real question is whether "love" exists in the first place, that's what we should be asking. cool
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Goldieluks: 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
Love never expires,it radiates and grows from strength to strength.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by forkadict(m): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2011
Sleek Reek:

Also pertinent question is love enough to sustain a marriage?

Being married for 3years and from my little experience and from a spiritual point of view,marriage is so complicated and complex that you need the help of God for any God ordained marriage to survive,to add to all the complexity you have the devil who fights marriages and then you have the two individuals in the marraige who arrive the marriage with character flaws and yet added to the mix is two people or one persons going into marriage without adequate preparation or knowledged,then my poster what you get is the examples you enumerated above.

Not to fear what you have seen is one side of the coin,there is another side the good side,so go into marriage with adequate knowledge,prepare well,pray and trust God.Let me leave you with a few advices that have helped me

1)Don't marry tribe,complexion,shape,profession,money but marry your friend and marry for love
2)True love comes from God,it's not a feeling but a decision you make to stay committed to your spouse,feelings is usually sustained by this decision,the decision helps you  throught the challenges that always come.
3)During courtship spend more time communicating instead of being involved sexually,communication brings understanding,understanding bring unity and peace.
5)Agree from the beginning they are areas to are not to be touched,e.g Divorce,unfaithfulness.When this is settled then you feel safe to be yourself in marriage never ever in marriage threaten each other with divorce or being unfaithful for any reason,fight fair,Arguments  will come but there is nothing that can't be settled by two matured adults sitting down and having a talk.
6)Work very hard to keep the passion in your marriage burning hot,let nothing(e.g children,career,business,church activities) take the place of first your relationship to God and then your relationship with each other. Be innovative in the bedroom,go out on dates,never settle into a rote,husbands;keep chasing your wife,and wife;keep seducing your husbands.
7)No matter what or how hard,do two things and your marriage will never die1) Always pray together every day about your marriage 2)Never sleep in seperate rooms or beds and if you are brave enough always sleep close to each other Unclad!

With all these,not exhaustive in the least,i can tell you that love never expires.

Spot  on guy. I honestly feel marriage is so damned overrated in naija. Lots of people get married just for the status. Then what does anyone expect from such unions?
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by yusuf2(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2011
this is so inspiring, Nairaland! God bless Seun
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by MarcAnthon(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
Love doesn't expire,but the question should be asked was it love in the first place? Also pertinent question is love enough to sustain a marriage?

2)True love comes from God,it's not a feeling but a decision you make to stay committed to your spouse,feelings is usually sustained by this decision,the decision helps you throught the challenges that always come.
5)Agree from the beginning they are areas to are not to be touched,e.g Divorce,unfaithfulness.When this is settled then you feel safe to be yourself in marriage never ever in marriage threaten each other with divorce or being unfaithful for any reason,fight fair,Arguments will come but there is nothing that can't be settled by two matured adults sitting down and having a talk.
7)No matter what or how hard,do two things and your marriage will never die1) Always pray together every day about your marriage 2)Never sleep in seperate rooms or beds and if you are brave enough always sleep close to each other Unclad!

To whoever wrote this, Thanks bruv. Really beautiful!
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by HISchild: 12:56am On Nov 29, 2011
@op,

love ought not expire, "For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband." - Rom_7:2.   "And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." - Matt 19:5-6

We never sit, especially i, in judgment of anyone else  “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23.  Having stated this truth, i tell you, you see and hear all you do re: infidelity because many people truly do not know GOD, or rather are known of HIM and are thus not truly led and kept by the Holy Spirit of GOD.  "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
" - Rom 6:1-2 

Love ought never to expire.  Just as GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST has freely, graciously and mercifully bestowed HIS love on many (HIS saints, children - collectively, HIS church or bride), so men ought to love there wives, always and unconditionally and vice versa. 

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.  So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.  For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.  Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband." - Eph 5:25-33 [the "church" in view here are not these many local congregations that constantly spring up, it it the real eternal church of GOD, all those in history that have have justified and pardoned in The Lord JESUS CHRIST].
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Eiregirl(f): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2011
I think I love my spouse more after 2 years, not less! I hope our love never expires lipsrsealed
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Skii(m): 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Sleek Reek, can i apply for marriage counseling cry cry
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by bekay911(f): 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ sleek reek wat a womderful write up. Tnx
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by SleekReek(m): 10:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
Insert Quote
@Sleek Reek, can i apply for marriage counseling Cry Cry

@Skii i'm actually a marriage counselor,it's my passion.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Nobody: 4:23am On Dec 03, 2011
You are really good at what you does I must say.

That was a beautiful write up.
Re: Do You Love Your Spouse 2years After, When Does Love Expire? by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 04, 2011
Love does not fade, technically, it only evolves.

Psychological researches prove that after some  years, passionate love (state of intense longing for union with another) turns to compassionate love (affection we feel for those whom our lives are deeply intertwined).

The love is still there. Compassionate is subtle, it's a deep, affectionate attachment.

After two years of marriages, spouses express affection about half as often as when they were newly weds (Houston & Choros, 1994)

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story / Can You Date A Lady That Smokes? / Video : Benefits Of Dating A Fat Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.