Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? (1181 Views)

How Is Qservers.net Webhost? / List Of Some Nigeria Webhost Company Backbone / Which Reliable Webhost Can I Host My Forum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by deco2come: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
Can a web host steal your script if you are hosting your site on their server. What are the best possible ways one can prevent such a thing from happening?
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by yawatide(f): 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
This is like asking if a landlord can steal their tenants' property - not that they would, but they could.
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by DualCore1: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
Lol @ tht landlord, him badt na guys.  grin

One way to prevent that from happening is to tie your script to the domain its running on and encode your scripts with Ioncube. For this to work your host's server has to have the Ioncube loader extensions enabled, this is almost certain to be installed because many scripts rely on it.
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by deco2come: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2011
Dual Core:

Lol @ tht landlord, him badt na guys.  grin

One way to prevent that from happening is to tie your script to the domain its running on and encode your scripts with Ioncube. For this to work your host's server has to have the Ioncube loader extensions enabled, this is almost certain to be installed because many scripts rely on it.
Will affect your script if you later decided to move to another webhost or upgrade(from shear hosting to Dedicated server)

yawa-ti-de:

This is like asking if a landlord can steal their tenants' property - not that they would, but they could.

You are really funny.
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
they can do a photocopy of you site. (with no different) grin

they have access to your file more than you do,
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by DualCore1: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2011
deco2come:

Will affect your script if you later decided to move to another webhost or upgrade(from shear hosting to Dedicated server)
No it wont. It will work wherever you move it to as long as it is on the domain meant for it.

Further reading:
http://www.ioncube.com/
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2011
But if you write your code in the nonsense way i write mine sometimes hmmm, it can be very difficult to follow
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by EFCCTM: 10:41pm On Jul 27, 2011
they can. thats all, just do it like dualcore explained. gbamm, but dualcore, you still cant give me a solution on what i asked you on yahoo messenger
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 28, 2011
Hmmm, but that is not to say that ion cube is not unbreakable sha. . .but tis still berra dan nothing
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by DualCore1: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2011
EFCC™:

they can. thats all, just do it like dualcore explained. gbamm, but dualcore, you still cant give me a solution on what i asked you on yahoo messenger
I cannot give solutions to problems I cannot see. I remember asking you to mail me and I am yet to see any email from you.
Re: Can Your Webhost Steal Your Script? by avosoft: 12:20am On Jul 29, 2011
Hello,

Am a developer and designer check my latest jobs, some here on nairaland

http://www.avo-soft.com/portfolio.php

call +2348037058471

Most of my works are out sourced, so if you need more examples, i will provide screen-shots

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Frontpage / Nairaland And Smf / Register a .info Domain at N800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.