Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com (6618 Views)

Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com / New Igbo Words Being Formed On Igbodefender.com / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by amor4ce(m): 4:25am On Aug 01, 2011
There's a "cocoyam" story too which I suspect as very biased; and yet some scorn at an Oduduwa narrative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eri_(king)
The myth

When Eri was sent by Chukwu from the Sky to the earth, he sat on an anti-hill because he saw watery marshy earth. When Eri complained to Chukwu, sent an Awka blacksmith with his fiery bellow and charcoal to dry the earth. After the assignment, the Awka blacksmith was given ọfọ as a mark of authority for his smithing profession. While Eri lived, Chukwu fed him and his people with azu-igwe. But this special food ceased after the death of Eri. Nri his first son complained to Chukwu for food. Chukwu ordered Nri to sacrifice his first son and daughter and bury them in separate graves. Nri complied with it. Later after three-Igbo-weeks (Izu atọ = 12 days) yam grew from the grave of the son and coco yam from that of the daughter. When Nri and his people ate these, they slept for the first time; later still Nri killed a male and female slaves burying them separately. Again, after Izu Ato, an oil palm grew from the grave of the male slave, and a bread fruit tree (ukwa) from that of the female-slave. With this new food supply, Nri and his people ate and prospered. Chukwu asked him to distribute the new food items to all people but Nri refused because he bought them at the cost of sacrificing his own children and slave. Nri and; Chukwu made an agreement.
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by aljharem3: 5:10am On Aug 01, 2011
WaltherPPK:

@Alhaji Boko Haram,
Get it into that your kunu, pito and brukutu flooded skull, it is IGBO not IBO, there is nothing like Ibo.Stop exposing your pathetic ignorance by trying to teach others their language and culture.

Please get it into your brains that Igbo = ibo

until proven otherwise

the socieal cutural group Ohaneze has not come out to disapprove of the spelling ibo and also the minister of education who was SAM Egun and also Martin Elechi all of igbo linage did not come out to do a reform that igbo = ibo

IBO is the word and spellings used in schools and in literature for media purposes

so stop ur ignorance ok angry

is it the name that matters or the people. mumu
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by otapiapia: 10:38am On Aug 01, 2011
^^^

Alh. Monkey, how many times will you be told it's Igbo? Are you ok?
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by Ngodigha: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2011
alj_harem:

Please get it into your brains that Igbo = ibo

until proven otherwise

the socieal cutural group Ohaneze has not come out to disapprove of the spelling ibo and also the minister of education who was SAM Egun and also Martin Elechi all of igbo linage did not come out to do a reform that igbo = ibo

IBO is the word and spellings used in schools and in literature for media purposes

so stop your ignorance ok angry

is it the name that matters or the people. mumu
Yet the organisation is called: OHANAEZE NDI IGBO not ohanaeze ndi ibo. Why do you continue to display further stupidity in this thread?.
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by WaltherPPK: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Alhaji Boko haram,
You are the most foolish man in the whole world because you know nothing but think you know everything.That is why you will never learn.Stinking idiotic ewu awusa!
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by odumchi: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2011
@ Alj

You're really not helping. You aren't Igbo so why does it matter to you?
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by ak47mann(m): 2:23am On Aug 02, 2011
when ever i catch that waste man, alj harem or what ever[b] live[/b] i will put a big hole in his face keep the face smiling i will not think twice cool
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by oludashmi(f): 9:32am On Aug 02, 2011
To be frank. . . .
Some pple say the pple are igbo while the language is ibo
Some former school colleagues said igbo or ibo depends on where you are from
An Agbor lady recently said to me that the abia, anambra, enugu, ebonyi and imo (SE states), are igbo while the Aros are ibos. But the Kwales and Ogwuachuwku said they are neither ibo nor igbos.

So, cos I cant ask someone for his state before addressing him, I just call any that comes to my mind undecided undecided.
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by AndreUweh(m): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
oludashmi:

To be frank. . . .
Some pple say the pple are igbo while the language is ibo
Some former school colleagues said igbo or ibo depends on where you are from
An Agbor lady recently said to me that the abia, anambra, enugu, ebonyi and imo (SE states), are igbo while the Aros are ibos. But the Kwales and Ogwuachuwku said they are neither ibo nor igbos.

So, cos I cant ask someone for his state before addressing him, I just call any that comes to my mind undecided undecided.

You have said this piece of rubbish before and we corrected you. Mind you, there is no place called Ogwuachuwku in Igboland but Ogwashi Ukwu. Tell your confused friends that Ogwashi Ukwu is the home town of Amb Ralph Uwechue-President gen of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo (the top most position in Igboland). It is also the home town of NGOZI Okonjo now Iwuala and Jay-Jay Okocha. They are all proud Igbo people. While Kwale is the home town of Sunday Oliseh, the captain accused of running Igbo mafia in Super Eagles. Sunday Oliseh's mother in Lagos is one of the leaders of Ohanaeze women's wing in Lagos. Kwale is also the home town of Hon Oputa- one of the founding fathers of Igbo state union now Ohanaeze.
From your post, I can understand that you hang out with illiterates and those who do not know their left from their right. It is Igbo and the language is Igbo. The plural of an Igbo is Ndigbo. For the third time, understand this simple logic.
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by oludashmi(f): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Andre Uweh:

You have said this piece of rubbish before and we corrected you. Mind you, there is no place called Ogwuachuwku in Igboland but Ogwashi Ukwu. Tell your confused friends that Ogwashi Ukwu is the home town of Amb Ralph Uwechue-President gen of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo (the top most position in Igboland). It is also the home town of NGOZI Okonjo now Iwuala and Jay-Jay Okocha. They are all proud Igbo people. While Kwale is the home town of Sunday Oliseh, the captain accused of running Igbo mafia in Super Eagles. Sunday Oliseh's mother in Lagos is one of the leaders of Ohanaeze women's wing in Lagos. Kwale is also the home town of Hon Oputa- one of the founding fathers of Igbo state union now Ohanaeze.
From your post, I can understand that you hang out with illiterates and those who do not know their left from their right. It is Igbo and the language is Igbo. The plural of an Igbo is Ndigbo. For the third time, understand this simple logic.

Save yourself some breath Andre. . .dont give up.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. If this is your opinion and pple around me say go ahead and call whatever, is it my fault? You guys should organise a worldwide conference and address this. Until then, we will pick words from your mouths.
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by AndreUweh(m): 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2011
oludashmi:

Save yourself some breath Andre. . .dont give up.
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. If this is your opinion and pple around me say go ahead and call whatever, is it my fault? You guys should organise a worldwide conference and address this. Until then, we will pick words from your mouths.

It is only someone who is ill that needs a physician.
We are Igbo people. When the missionaries and colonialists were around, we corrected them and told them that we are Igbo but it suits them more to write Ibo. Now they have gone, it is only those who want to insult us that continues to spell Ibo. It is also an insult to spell Yoruba. Let us respect one another. We are Igbo.
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by Istillfuckyou: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
airmark: s iIt true that Ibo people in abakaliki eat human beings? Just asking.
this bastard is so tribalistic! coogar, come and see airwank misbehavin. this fool is worse than kim kardashian. he sent kim a mail sayin he hates the phoenix niggas. limerick, paulthor, kr0ne!! grin i'll kill u, airmark
Re: Are The Igbos Different From The Ibos- Igbodefender.com by sovpounds(m): 7:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Istillfuckyou: this bastard is so tribalistic! coogar, come and see airwank misbehavin. this fool is worse than kim kardashian. he sent kim a mail sayin he hates the phoenix niggas. limerick, paulthor, kr0ne!! grin i'll kill u, airmark

Admirers or fans of kim kardashian you can read and sign this online petition and forward it to all your family and friends.

http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fchn.ge%2F1oVrSlZ&h=VAQGx35n6

I know she has a lotta haters in equal measure. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

25 English Words Borrowed From Igbo Language / Tribalism Is The Main Problem With Nigeria / What Is Life Like Living In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.