Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,928 members, 7,799,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? (2268 Views)

Medview Passengers Coming Out After Their Plane Made An Emergency Landing / Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off / Nigerian Immigration Officers At MMA Lagos,angels Or Demons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Vicjustice: 6:31pm On Jul 27, 2011
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
angry angry who give monkey banana ?
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Hoodrat(m): 12:55am On Jul 28, 2011
Mumu smelly redneck
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Vicjustice: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2011
Hoodrat:

Mumu smelly redneck trying to prove something, what about the silly homeless people sleeping underground bridge in oslo in which the smell of their body is enough to kill human?
   You mean like the guy in these photos (that i took myself) at a tourist square in Barcelena grin cheesy?
Well, but the commentator is not from Norway, he definetely has got a north American accent.

Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2011
grin lol @ pix
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Gbenge77(m): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2011
^funny pics
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Hoodrat(m): 1:11am On Jul 29, 2011
[/quote][quote author=Vicjustice link=topic=722262.msg8807978#msg8807978 date=1311860899]
   You mean like the guy in these photos (that i took myself) at a tourist square in Barcelena grin cheesy?
Well, but the commentator is not from Norway, he definetely has got a north American accent.
Yea bro you are so right i get annoyed seeing them but still this useless people talking so loud as if they are perfect. The men you posted the picture is a good example of how they look,they are homeless, the loads of dirty bags attached to their body and their hands is what they call home, the last time most of them took a shower is unknown, probably 7years or more which make them smell so bad that it make you vomit seeing them with their swollen face and physical injury and still they will want to get closer to you for arm which everybody know they are not always honest with the money been to given them.Most of them use it on narcotic and some hard drugs which make them irrelevant to the society. The guy must be very stupid for the offensive comment.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by AjanleKoko: 10:03am On Jul 30, 2011
Some years back, I was waiting to board a plane at MMA. Some white chaps were watching the aircraft being towed to the gate, and they were like 'Only in a place like Nigeria would this happen'.

So I walk up to them, say hello and ask them 'where are you guys from?' They go 'Zagreb, Croatia'. And I asked 'Apart from Nigeria and Croatia, where else have you guys been?'. Silence. Then i told them that, in quite a few places I've been, aircraft get towed to the gate as well. Also, in many airports not in Nigeria, they are no gates, so people take a bus to the terminal. Just so they could know. They just looked at me in stony silence.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Vicjustice: 12:37pm On Jul 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Some years back, I was waiting to board a plane at MMA. Some white chaps were watching the aircraft being towed to the gate, and they were like 'Only in a place like Nigeria would this happen'.

So I walk up to them, say hello and ask them 'where are you guys from?' They go 'Zagreb, Croatia'. And I asked 'Apart from Nigeria and Croatia, where else have you guys been?'. Silence. Then i told them that, in quite a few places I've been, aircraft get towed to the gate as well. Also, in many airports not in Nigeria, they are no gates, so people take a bus to the terminal. Just so they could know. They just looked at me in stony silence.

Excellent observation, a lot of fliers have not yet known that airplanes are usually pulled (or towed) to make backward movement, but those who know about aircrafts are aware that most airplanes do not have reverse gears like land vehicles have.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by ProfJYK(m): 11:44am On Aug 02, 2011
Vicjustice:

Excellent observation, a lot of fliers have not yet known that airplanes are usually pulled (or towed) to make backward movement, but those who know about aircrafts are aware that airplanes do not have reverse gears like land vehicles have.

actually they can reverse but it takes almost the same power needed for take off to reverse a jet. the same countries that started towing jets to thier final position to save fuel and cut down emmission will laugh at us when we humbly obey. airlines even power (electric) thier planes from the airports till they are ready to taxi away. thier cost cutting measures are unbelievable. as far as pink-slipping cabin crew members based on thier body wieght. immagine.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by EuroMeko(m): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
Some personal opinions.

I have no qualms with the views of the presenter. He expressed his own opinion and I actually share about 90% of it. He did not at any point compare Lagos to any other city.

I haven't been to any international airport where they have to bus you to your airplane.

Jetliners can back up from the gate but it's insane and ridiculous. The only one I've ever heard from was an empty cargo plane that was backed up from a gate (why it was at a gate is unknown) and the maintenance crew (not aPilot) was tired of waiting for the ground crew to tow him to the hangar for repairs so he fired it up. (I'll try to find the news article).

As far as being towed to the gate, I think it's ridiculous. Not sure why MMA is doing that.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by jaybee3(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
EuroMeko:

I haven't been to any international airport where they have to bus you to your airplane.

Charles de gaulle
Madrid barajas
Zurich airport
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by EuroMeko(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
jay bee:

Charles de gaulle
Madrid barajas
Zurich airport

Remember that I said that "I" haven't been to one.

I was at Charles De Gaulle on Thursday morning and I wasn't bussed.

You can clearly see the ramps (upper and lower) for our Airbus A380 to San Fransisco.

I was at Zurich in the early 90s and I was never bussed, perhaps it's a new system.

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Spain by aircraft yet.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by AjanleKoko: 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^
At CDG, they bus you to the Lagos flight. I heard they also bus you for some other West Africa destinations. It might be the boarding protocol
The flights to North America get the gate. I flew from Paris to Atlanta in June, and we boarded via the gate.
Even flights within Europe get the gate.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by jaybee3(m): 12:51pm On Aug 02, 2011
@euromeko
You usually get bussed if you've flown a short haul flight and getting transferred at 'em airports.

Navigating between terminals

Passengers arriving on different flights at separate terminals who wish to meet each other, and those who will be taking an RER-B commuter express to Paris or a TGV train to other destinations in France, may board the free 24-hour VAL (Véhicule Automatique Léger) shuttle train which makes frequent runs between terminals 1, 2, 3 and the rail stations — plus two remote car parks — within 8 minutes.

While it is possible to walk the length of Terminal 2 from Halls A&B through E&F (using the moving sidewalks in some places), the distance is significant and can take more than 15 minutes; 2G is located 2.5 km/1.6 mi. away from terminals 2A-2F. Depending on your stamina (and luggage),
you may find it more practical to take one of the free TransRoissy shuttle buses:

N1 connects terminals 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, and the RER/TGV rail station (see route map);
N2 connects terminals 2E & 2F with the remote terminal 2G (see route map); and
N3 connects terminals 2C & 2D with both the RER/TGV rail station and the remote terminal 2G (see route map).

http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Transportation/Air/airports_Paris1.shtml

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX4GwGhk3cPEbQ-QhquyzACVHYBI9hxHRV1b-crEA-2-m9giVB[/img]
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Vicjustice: 1:05pm On Aug 02, 2011
jay bee:

@euromeko
You usually get bussed if you've flown a short haul flight and getting transferred at 'em airports.
This is very correct, i am an Airfrance customer or a fan (depending on how you look at at), and each time i'm travelling Dublin-Lagos, Lagos-Dublin, we usually get to board the planes by bus.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by EuroMeko(m): 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2011
Vicjustice:

This is very correct, i am an Airfrance customer or a fan (depending on how you look at at), and each time i'm travelling Dublin-Lagos, Lagos-Dublin, we usually get to board the planes by bus.

Nice to see another loyalist.

I like Alitalia and used it exclusively when I was still travelling between Nigeria and Europe.

I don't really feel AF, partly due to the Concorde incident. I purchased a Delta flight but they used AF as they are SkyTeam partners.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by jaybee3(m): 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^
have i managed to convince u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by N101: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2011
Sorry vicjustice, this one pass me - what did he say that was "offensive" in the video?  To me it sounds like someone who is simply making his observations of Lagos and landing in Lagos.  His target audience is highly unlikely to be majority Nigerians.

I think your thread has been incorrectly named.  You probably should have said "what do you think of this commentary?" because the title it has will make people listen to the commentary with a bias from the outset.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by Vicjustice: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2011
N101:

Sorry vicjustice, this one pass me - what did he say that was "offensive" in the video? To me it sounds like someone who is simply making his observations of Lagos and landing in Lagos. His target audience is highly unlikely to be majority Nigerians.

I think your thread has been incorrectly named. You probably should have said "what do you think of this commentary?" because the title it has will make people listen to the commentary with a bias from the outset.
Personally, i do not see anything wrong with the video nor the commentary itself, everything he said is correct if one has to be honest. And hey, i don't think the title of this thread is inappropriate, you seem to be ignoring the question mark, or doesn't it mean something to you?
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by EuroMeko(m): 8:26pm On Aug 02, 2011
Vicjustice:

Well to be honest at least these chap appears to be alive.

I saw two decomposing human bodies in Ibadan two weeks ago. One was in the divider across from Zenith Bank in Challenge in Ibadan for about 5 days. Another one in the "exclusive" GRA section.

I have pictures but it will serve no editorial value here.
Re: Landing At MMA, Lagos. Offensive Commentary? by N101: 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
Vicjustice:

Personally, i do not see anything wrong with the video nor the commentary itself, everything he said is correct if one has to be honest. And hey, i don't think the title of this thread is inappropriate, you seem to be ignoring the question mark, or doesn't it mean something to you?

I didn't miss the question mark.  There's a difference between "offensive", which implies something may potentially be, as opposed to "what do you think" which leaves it open to the viewer to form their own opinion.  The first few comments simply reinforce this.

But I guess we'll agree to disagree.

(1) (Reply)

tution free university education in german a Hoax! / I Want To Relocate To The Uk..how Do I Go About It? / Information On Austria Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.