Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs (6185 Views)

Black Men And The Curse Of Shaving Bumps (ingrown Hairs): Help! / Razor Bumps! / Hard Curly Hair And Shaving Bumps! Any Cure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Wadosky(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22, 2006
Plz what do you think is the best cure for razor bumps or ingrown hairs.I have tried some but they werent effective.Am looking forward to your suggestions.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Seun(m): 10:11am On Feb 23, 2006
* Before anything else, let your hair grow out for a while and give your skin a rest before shaving again (a minimum of three days).
* Bumps can get infected fairly easily, so tend to them immediately. Using a local antibiotic will probably help, especially if there's a cut.
* Don't pick at or squeeze bumps. That will tend to make things worse.

http://www.headshaver.org/articles/article_razor_bumps.html
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by stephanie7(f): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2006
my boyfriend uses a clipper to shave his face and not a razor cause if u use a razor when the hair is breaking through the skin again you will get bumps so just use a clipper to shave it down

1 Like

Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Seun(m): 6:33am On Mar 11, 2006
That's what I do. My stubble is always there, because the clipper doesn't give a complete clean shave, but I have no razor bumps. Yay!
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by yombaloggz(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2007
It is a medical condition known as Pseudofoliculitis barbae. Try PFB VANISH from http://www.pfbvanish.com, You'd be amazed.

Cheers.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by TaxMan(m): 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2007
yombaloggz:

It is a medical condition known as Pseudofoliculitis barbae. Try PFB VANISH from http://www.pfbvanish.com, You'd be amazed.

Cheers.
@ yombaloggz

Please can you tell us where we can get this PFB Vanish locally, I mean in either Lagos even Abuja where you're based?
I will also appreciate it if you can tell us the price and how long you've been using the product.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by yombaloggz(m): 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2007
Sorry this reply came so late.
I dont know of any pharmacist who sells PFB VANISH in Nigeria. I live in Abuja.

You could order it online from http://www.amazon.co.uk. The smallest size costs about 13 British pounds.

I use http://www.gdproxy.com for my orders.

But if your razor bumps are a thing of so much worry, you could also try Magic Platinum Shaving Powder or Magic Skin Conditioning Shaving Powder. It is very mild but has to be left on the beard area for about 15minutes(depending on you skin sensitivity) to work effectively. You should also make sure you shave at least every two days for best results.

Cheers.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by yombaloggz(m): 5:50pm On Apr 15, 2007
Cheers
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by TaxMan(m): 10:20pm On Apr 15, 2007
Thanks man,

I'll try and see if I can order the product online. However, I'm not into shaving powders cos my experience with them hasn't been anything to right home about.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by okoatiobo(m): 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2007
all u need is a piece of hair from my penis, a piece from my testicles, a piece from my arse hole, a piece from my nose, rub them together, mix it with charcoal, rub it day and night for three days and watch the spped at which all will be well.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by TaxMan(m): 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2007
okoatiobo:

all u need is a piece of hair from my penis, a piece from my testicles, a piece from my arse hole, a piece from my nose, rub them together, mix it with charcoal, rub it day and night for three days and watch the spped at which all will be well.

My guy,you really need help, spiritual and , your mind is a gutter.
To be frank with you, your language is both indecent, vile, annoying, gross, etc. This forum is meant for people of like minds which you certainly are not.

Kindly refrain from the use of such indecency, it only shows that the boy in you is greater than the man in you, you're such a ''Juvy.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by spoilt(f): 5:05am On Apr 20, 2007
if you use a razor, never use one twice. if a clipper sterilize before and after each use. and shave in the direction of hair growth. sometimes razor bumps are just due to sensitive skin, you really can't do anything. you may want to consider letting your side burns grow and keeping a small goatee
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Ndipe(m): 7:11am On Apr 20, 2007
Clipper works best for me. A trial may convince you too.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 21, 2007
use a clipper. You will never lose sleep over razor bumps again.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Ndipe(m): 12:29am On Apr 21, 2007
Dr Moore cream was also effective in eliminating the razor bumps that I experienced while shaving with a razor blade.

Here is their website.

http://www.mooreunique.com/detail.asp?id=125.

I think I may have purchased their products at walgreens. So, before using clipper, apply the cream on the affected part, and the bumps would gradually disappear. Afterwards, start using clipper. One disadvantage with clipper though is that you have to be shaving regularly if you want to maintain a clean cut look.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 21, 2007
Ndipe:

One disadvantage with clipper though is that you have to be shaving regularly if you want to maintain a clean cut look.

you practically have to shave almost twice a day. sad
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by TOYOSI20(f): 5:45am On Aug 19, 2009
Ingrown hairs can be extremely uncomfortable, and often irritates that skin as well, . . .well here are some helpful tips, . . .

* Exfoliating (removing the upper layers of dead skin) is indispensable to manage ingrown hairs.

* Daily use of a gentle face scrub with glycolic and salicylic acid is particularly effective.

* Adjust your shaving technique, Shaving too closely is one of the triggers for razor bumps.
Hair stubs cut too closely will get trapped inside the hair follicle and dig inward or sideways.

* And finally Carefully lift the ingrown end out with tweezers, but don't pluck the hair out; this will only make the hair regrow deeper.
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by DONFASZY(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
use formular 103
Re: Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hairs by jiljosh(m): 2:21am On Jan 10, 2013
Wadosky: Plz what do you think is the best cure for razor bumps or ingrown hairs.I have tried some but they werent effective.Am looking forward to your suggestions.

The best cure is to let the hair grow back naturally. Sounds funny, but it's actually true.
In cases where inflammation and infection occur, appropriate drugs as prescribed could be needed.

(1) (Reply)

Pls N.landers Help Me & My Dog / How Fearless Energy Drink Almost Sent Me To My Ancestors / COVID-19 Update For April 3 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.