Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? (110225 Views)

Solve This Puzzle!! / You Think You Can Solve Maths? Try This. / Who Can Solve This Simple Riddle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by 27naira(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
Opus-deii:

You saw a shirt worth 97 naira since you don't have cash, you borrowed 50 from your Mom and 50 from your Dad, So you have 100naira since the shirt is 97naira So you have 3 naira left, you returned 1 naira to your Mum and 1 naira to your Dad and you  left 1 naira for urself. Now you owe your Mum 49 naira and your Dad 49naira soo 49+49=98 plus minus the 1 naira wif u 99 97 naira WHERE IS THE MISSING NAIRA? you have the cost of the shirt
@Mod, i don't know where to post this, so you can take it to where you think it's appropriate.

The question is faulted.
your exposure was 100; you paid 2 and got 98 left; 97 was used to pay for the shirt and you have 1 let.
Now, if you pay 2 and got 98 left, you can as well give them the 1 naira balance, the 97 credit balance is the cost of the okirika shirt.
I think the trick you applied here was to direct our minds to 98 and 1 but not on the whole transaction.

meanwhile give up buying okirika shirts, it makes you think too much.  grin
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by ikooko(m): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2011
You borrow N100-- sundry creditor- CR N100

Cash book N100- amount borrowed
Cash book  N97-   payment for shirt
settlement   N2-  for dad and mum.
Your cash book have a balance of N1. which is the money u withhold.

similarly, your sundry creditor will have a balance of N98.

Check your pocket the money is there.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by skyranger: 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
"49+49=98 plus the 1 naira wif u 99 naira"
this is were u got it all wrong with your question.
98 Naira is the debt you owe!
1 Naira is excess cash in your pockect
you don't add excess cash to debt, u can only reduce ur debt with excess cash u have
the 1 Naira in your pocket should reduce your debt (98-1= 97)
this is a very dumb and confusing question
shirt= 97= debt
3 unspent
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by BABE3: 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
LOL @ people solving the puzzle with the Almighty Formula.  grin

LOL @ Decimal points.

@ Topic:

A way of solving it: You bought the shirt for 97 naira. You gave 2 naira to dad and mum; Making the total 99 naira. Adding that to the 1 naira you stole, makes the total 100 naira.

Therefore, there's no missing Niara.

A second way of solving it:  When you give dad and mum back the 2 naira, you owe them 98 naira in total---that 98 naira also includes the 1 naira you kept for yourself. So, isolating that 1 naira caused the puzzle.

Therefore, there's no missing Niara.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Ivynwa(f): 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2011
Quote from: Opus-deii on Yesterday at 09:19:08 PM
You saw a shirt worth 97 naira since you don't have cash, you borrowed 50 from your Mom and 50 from your Dad, So you have 100naira since the shirt is 97naira So you have 3 naira left, you returned 1 naira to your Mum and 1 naira to your Dad and you  left 1 naira for urself. Now you owe your Mum 49 naira and your Dad 49naira soo 49+49=98 plus the 1 naira wif u 99 97 naira WHERE IS THE MISSING NAIRA? you have the cost of the shirt
@Mod, i don't know where to post this, so you can take it to where you think it's appropriate.

The crux of your brain muddling tactics is the use of plus instead of minus because the 1naira you paid yourself is within the whole 98 you got from mum and dad so you threw people off with that.
All you worked with is 98, bought shirt 97 kept 1 naira so blimey! Money is intact with non missing.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by ogzille(m): 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
hehehehe, the puzzle is in the (wrong) question.  tongue

You owe N98, bought a shirt for N97; you have N1

which N1 are you looking for eh kwa?
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2011
@poster the 99 naira u computed is the actual outstanding debt which means if you had add your credit of 1 naira you got you will have a debit of 98 naira which is what u are owning or the other hand if you drop 1 naira credit u have that makes it debit which deeps ur debt to 100 naira again.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by dkelvin225: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
49 naira, u owe ur dad
49 naira, u owe ur mum
98 naira, total debt owe
now LESS the cost of the shirt 97 (ur debt remaing to be pay)
this equal 1 naira (dis is d 1 wit u), shikena!!!

NO MISSING NAIRA
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by BABE3: 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
omo_to_dun:

This puzzle is a sham. Imagine the shirt cost N80 so that I now have N20 as change. If I then give each of my parents N10, then I will owe each of them N40. Now according to the OP's greatly flawed puzzle N40 + N40 plus the 0N I have left = N80, where's is the missing N20?

Errrmm---that's the point of the "puzzle". You're supposed to figure out the "sham"---or rather, what caused the "sham".
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by labaks(f): 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
U are all olodo, read the puzzle very well. of course the's no naira left. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by labaks(f): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
You're late to the party genius. A lot of folks already said that.

nah dear, seen it a very long time; tis recycled. The original puzle is about 3 friends that booked 3 rooms in a hotel that paid 10k each, smiley smiley smiley
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by shadrach77: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2011
Ivynwa:

It's simple, you only complicated it to muddle the brain up.
Now let's solve it
If you borrowed 50naira each from mum and dad and returned 1naira to both of them, that means that all you borrowed from them is 49 each.
Okay 49+49= 98
You bought a shirt for 97naira and kept 1 naira  which still equals 98. So you see there's no missing naira because what you worked with is 98 because 2naira was returned from the original 100naira. There you are. Ivynwa claps We got you at your own game!
i think this is the BEST answer. The poster confused us by making us believe that the debt he owed was 100 naira when in fact the debt he owed was 98 naira. He had already returned 2 naira out of the original 50 so he owes just 98 naira. If he bought the shirt for 97 naira, we simply need to add the 1 naira he has left with him to the 97 naira (amount of the shirt) and we would get 98 naira which is what he actually owes.
Here is it worked out;
50 -2 = 98
98-97=1
1+97=98
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by BABE3: 7:17pm On Jul 29, 2011
omo_to_dun:

I already did. Have you heard about proof by contradiction? That's what I did by giving another example which implied there was no missing Naira.

Providing another example of a completely diff. scenario is supposed to imply that there's no missing Naira?

Providing another example is supposed to reveal the cause of the flaw?

That your example sef is a sham.  grin You didn't include the fact that you kept some money (making it less complicated).

Proof of Contradiction is supposed to refute the possibility of something assuming that it was possible right?   If your example was the case, then OP wouldn't bother asking the question--(coz that would be a st[i]up[/i]id question).
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by icemann(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2011
so debt b4 shirt purchase            = 100
debt after shirt purchase             = 100
cash at hand                                = 100
cash at hand after purchase        = 3
debt after returns  to parents      = 100-2 = 98
TOTAL DEBT                                  = 98
CASH AT HAND IS                          = 1

Net value = your present value - Debt
=1-98=-97 you are worth -97 ( you owe 98)since you have paid them 2, but  your debt is still 98

But you added your debt to your present value (  98+1) one has to be negative to give you the right answer
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by ronkebp(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
50 + 50 = 100

100 - 97 = 3 (3-2 ) = 1

49 + 49 = 98 +1-1 =98, no niara, any where.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Opusdeii(f): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2011
BABE!:

Providing another example of a completely diff. scenario is supposed to imply that there's no missing Naira?

Providing another example is supposed to reveal the cause of the flaw?

That your example sef is a sham.  grin You didn't include the fact that you kept some money (making it less complicated).

Proof of Contradiction is supposed to refute the possibility of something assuming that it was possible right?   If your example was the case, then OP wouldn't bother asking the question--(coz that would be a st[i]up[/i]id question).

@BABE, Well said.

I am really amazed that nobody could solved the puzzle yet. I will leave more people to try and see if someone will come up with the answer.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by tlops(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2011
Uche suppose fit sölve this one, since it involves naira.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-722176.0.html
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by BABE3: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
Opus-deii, Nobody has solved the puzzle? You must be joking. I'm also patiently waiting for your "answer".
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2011
The 1 naira you gave to both of them.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by coogar: 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2011
Opus-deii:

@BABE, Well said.

I am really amazed that nobody could solved the puzzle yet. I will leave more people to try and see if someone will come up with the answer.

i solved the answer on page 1!
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Opusdeii(f): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ Hey Coogar what's up? You thought you solved the puzzle, but you didn't. tongue
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by ebbymayox(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2011
well this is how i figured it out
when he gives 49 to mum nd 49 to his dad the 1 naira remaining shudnt be added but subtracted,so wat we having is 49+49-1=97 (the original price of the shirt) ,so as others have said,no naira is missing.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by mallorca(m): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2011
tlops:

Uche suppose fit sölve this one, since it involves naira.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-722176.0.html
grin grin grin grin
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2011
The 1 naira he gave to his parents is no longer in his hand.
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by joganut(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2011
hahahaha i laugh in tongues, Nice one man any way 2 d point. Borrowed 100, shirt cost 97, change remain 3, returned 2, 1 each, balance total of ur debt 98, 49 each, confusing part- did u forget u returned 2, added to 98 dat is 100. Der is no 1 missing except u hav an extra 1, Reason is u borrowed 100 for a shirt dat cost 97 dat means one or u parents paid 1extra dan d other now u ar tryn 2 pay dem equally. Dis is wer u d riddle originates
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by saintneo(m): 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2011
@OP

You owe your dad and your mum NGN49 each, which equals NGN98 in total. You kept NGN1 to yourself, there is no way you will add what you owe and what you have together to get NGN99. Instead, if add your debts to your current cash, then your potential debt is NGN97 (assuming your give back the extra NGN1).

-98 + 1 = -97
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by coogar: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
Opus-deii:

^^^ Hey Coogar what's up? You thought you solved the puzzle, but you didn't. tongue

opus, i have won the quiz or riddle or puzzle. . . .
the $100 grand-prize is mine. wink
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2011
People are just looking at the calculation but not the logic. He is concerned about what he is not having in his hand as missing!
Re: Please, Who Can Solve This Puzzle? by ebbymayox(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2011
or let me explain it this way seeing mum and dad as one entity,i borrowed 100naira frm my parent
I bought the cloth 97,so subtracting 100 from this 97 gives 3 naira,this 3 naira i decided to share it between myself nd my creditor(i.e my mum nd dad),i gave them 2 naira nd i held 1 naira,meaning am CURRENTLY owing them 98 naira to my credtor(my parent).now assume another Mr A came to meet me nd decided to pay the debt am owing,all he needs to give me is 99 naira ,which if i add to my 1 naira gives me the 100naira(INITIAL AMOUNT I BORROWED),I.E THE 99naira am giving when i use to pay my parent wud remain 1naira(99-98=1) and adding it to my 1naira am having before sums up back to 100.

well this is my final ans,thats if you guys can comprehend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oladee, Boy On The Viral 'crying Head Sticker' Explains What Happened / Real Funny Nigeria Jokes / 15 Hilarious Photos That Will Make You Laugh On A Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.