Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

MBA Students: Let's Meet Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MBA Students: Let's Meet Here (21139 Views)

2015 Skoll Masters Scholarships In Social Entrepreneurship For MBA Students / Test Tips For Prosective Unilag Mba Students / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 6:07am On Jul 29, 2011
Strictly for MBA student, both past and present. This thread is open to share ideas, lecture notes and other relevant tips. Introduce yourself, school of studies before proceeding. Thanks in advance for your coperation.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 9:29am On Jul 29, 2011
My MOD, dont stay long in your break. Am on my own in NDA kaduna, currently, we are own mid semester break
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2011
I was thinking of acquiring more professional certificates but seriously, the pressure financially is overwhelming
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 9:43am On Jul 29, 2011
Is true, the financial commitment is huge, but the benefits far outweigh the cost. Is there is a chance, don't hesitate to go for it.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2011
Thanx for the encouragement
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2011
What are you studying? Intelligence?
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2011
B.sc Economics and now MBA management
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2011
They offer that in NDA?
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2011
Yeah, they are offering many post graduate courses for "bloody" civilians even a doctorate degree.

1 Like

Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 10:09am On Jul 29, 2011
Lol @ bloody civilians.
Thats news you just gave me about their programme. How are their fees?
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2011
Is a bit high, MBA is 150K, other master are less. PGD is 90k
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2011
Subscribing,
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2011
Next session form will be on by Sept.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2011
Are you staying in the north?
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2011
What is the nature of a typical MBA programme in Nigeria? I mean, course content, assignment, projects, lecture methods, cases etc.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 10:16am On Jul 29, 2011
chamber2:

What is the nature of a typical MBA programme in Nigeria? I mean, course content, assignment, projects, lecture methods, cases etc.
Most MBA programme consist of 3 semester course work and a semester for project. Course content consist of topics in Accounting, Economics, Management and Quantitative techniques.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2011
Very high o. What about the quality?
@Chamber, what category are you in?
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2011
@odunnu, The quality is high. The calibre of Lecturers there are good. You know military always go for the best.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2011
what category are you in?

I am on the same train, not in 9j though
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 11:04am On Jul 29, 2011
On the same train as in? Are you thru with the MBA?
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 11:31am On Jul 29, 2011

Yes, i will finish by December hopefully.

Currently, we are working on case study in Operations Mgt involving the Arnold Palmer Hospital in the US.The case involves evaluating Arnold Palmer Hospital’s approach in managing their quality of services, processes and supply chain from both a strategic and tactical viewpoint and to develop and justify a new approach towards enhancing the quality of services,processes and supply chain at the Hospital.

This week, I am working on identifying current operations strategy, feedback system and patient/customer waiting time etc

The second case (marketing mgt) involves devising an implementable strategic marketing plan to enable a company (in this case i am required to choose a multinational company of my choice) to address the competitive market place under various constrains, needs and environment as well as its day to day operations.

Basically, I am required to;

a. identify the changing process of the business environment in which the company operates and the marketing mix in order to succeed and reflect changes
in such environment.

b. devise ways to strengthen the competitive position of the company and discuss ways to satisfy customers and achieve performance targets according to its
resources and abilities.

c. formulate segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) strategies of the company.

d. decision-making process about production and operations, finance, human resource management and other business issues in a complex situation.

At this level, am still gathering information on my company and have not yet started.

2 Likes

Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2011

Almost through.

Currently, we are working on a case study in Operations Mgt involving the Arnold Palmer Hospital in the US.The case involves evaluating Arnold Palmer Hospital’s approach in managing their quality of services, processes and supply chain from both a strategic and tactical viewpoint and to develop and justify a new approach towards enhancing the quality of services,processes and supply chain at the Hospital.

This week, I am working on identifying current operations strategy, feedback system and patient/customer waiting time etc
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2011
The second case (marketing mgt) involves devising an implementable strategic marketing plan to enable a company (in this case i am required to choose a multinational company of my choice) to address the competitive market place under various constrains, needs and environment as well as its day to day operations.

Basically, I am required to;

a. identify the changing process of the business environment in which the
company operates and the marketing mix in order to succeed and reflect changes
in such environment.

b. devise ways to strengthen the competitive position of the company and discuss
ways to satisfy customers and achieve performance targets according to its
resources and abilities.

c. formulate segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) strategies of the
company.

d. decision-making process about production and operations, finance, human resource management and other business issues in a complex situation.

At this level, am still gathering information on my company and have not yet started. grin grin
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
antispam bot held me tight shocked shocked
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Odunnu: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2011
I know
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by divacool: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2011
Hi guys!

i finished my MBA (General mgt & strategy) at UNI LAG in 2009. You can call me for assistance on your dissertation/thesis. My dissertation was on CAPITAL BUDGETING AS A TOOL FOR MAXIMIZING SHAREHOLDERS WEALTH: THE NIGERIAN BANKING EXPERIENCE i research 5 top Nigerian banks, i got a B grade and best student under my supervisor, besides my thesis is been profiled for publication in an international magazine/journal.

Am here to offer advice on your MBA studies specially on your thesis and dissertation. Lets get talking on 07042771600 or 07088318321, or mail at proficiencyexpert@yahoo.com, you can also add me on yahoo messenger with the id.

Goodluck ALL as you climb the leader of career success
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2011
I wonder why someone would contract another to write his dissertation.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by divacool: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2011
@ chamber2. I do not get your point? this tread is meant for sharing of ideas which you have done by laying your dissertation in full details to us. Note not everybody knows how to go about project writing due to our faulty education system, some so called lecturers of research methodology dont even know the basics of research work.

U did not get my point. All i said is that people that have challenges with there projects should contact me and we can do it together. Am sure u did your research work because u hv experience. Not all are like u especially the busy working class.

Better still thanks for the comment and good lucK in your MBA project and career
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by chamber2(m): 4:24am On Aug 01, 2011
@divacool

Thanks for explaining. Maybe i didn't get you right. What i posted above isn't my dissertation, it's just a case study i am currently working on.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by Alldruns: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2011
@all. Thx 4 dis thread.

Pls does any1 know if there's any Nigerian University dat accepts HND + professional qualificatn for its Masters prog without PgD, as it is in other advanced country? Your clue & other advice wil is highly appreciated.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2011
yeah, unijos accept HND and ICAN, NDA also do accept.
Re: MBA Students: Let's Meet Here by olawalebabs(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2011
Please what is the difference between dissertation and thesis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Reading Strategy Did You Use To Achieve Your JAMB Score? / Lagos State University (LASU) Tuition Fee To Be Reduced / Is This How Polio Vaccine Is Forced On school Children Without Parents Consent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.