Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,831 members, 7,798,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigeria E-passport------a Scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria E-passport------a Scam (3387 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria E-passport------a Scam by hollandis(f): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2007
I don't know about any other state but lagos na wah .
Many Nigerians both at home and the Diaspora believes ( many are still believing) that the recent introduction of e-passport will help in curbing corruption and facilitate instantaneous (or near instantaneous) issuing of passports .The bottom line is that ,many thought it would be an efficient service.
     A visitation to the passport office at Ikoyi ( I heard its even worse in Festac) reveals that the reverse is the case rather than the exception.
Apart form an endless non-moving queue of Nigerians under the scorching sun. Corruption and back –door “runs” is still very much the order of the day
    Though it is still unclear how much one is to pay for the passport .(The amount is no where Iin the website ).Anyone who pays the original  fee of 5,100 Naira will be wasting his time. You are not even guaranteed for photo scanning( if eventually you leave the scorching sun) when you pay the unofficial price of 8,750 naira. The banks are not even aware how much the money is .The girls at the UBA bank near the passport office are not reliable, all they know is collecting money. The uniformed girls and guys are not informed, talk less of informing someone else. All they know is “settle me and I will do the runs for you”.A guys was lamenting that he had given money to the so called agents” uniformed man” and he has waited for weeks to collect his passport
The way forward is
1. Go to the office very early in the morning ,BEFORE THOSE WHO WILL “SETTLE” COMES
2. BE AMONG THOSE WHO WILL SETTLE THE OFFICIALS
3. Before you do the aforementioned ensure you pay the money at the ff banks UBA,ZENITH,STERLING BANK,AFRIBANK,( u will be given an interswitch card) then log on to www.immigration.gov.ng and please don’t forget to download your guarantors letter ,after filling your own info and paying
4. The  money is 8,750 (i.e to be on the safer side o)
5. Paying and having a guarantor does not mean you will get a passport—get ready to queue up under the sun
WHEN WILL NIGERIA WAKE UP?
Re: Nigeria E-passport------a Scam by opensource(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2007
FESTAC is worse you will get nothing , my advice is for people to cool until the hit is down

then you can do a new passport
Re: Nigeria E-passport------a Scam by vikiviko(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2007
The entire Process is still the same,curruption
Re: Nigeria E-passport------a Scam by mconqueror(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2007
this is really sad,almost nothing could be done honestly!
almost everyone is corrupt.i fear for my generation, born and bred in corruption sadunfortunately, we all cellebrate the smartest rogue! cry
Re: Nigeria E-passport------a Scam by hollandis(f): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2007
5 days of frustration at the passport office ikoyi, and still counting
still i havent got my passport
will i ever get it?
will i still travel by september?
Re: Nigeria E-passport------a Scam by Skywalker5(m): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2007
Naija Lo wa, Kilo shele. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa / Travel With Free Visa To Some Good Economy Country In Europe,america & Asia / What You Need To Know About Air Ticket: Q & A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.