Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? (161577 Views)

Guys Carry D'banj In A Chair To Future Awards (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Corrected D'banj In Church, Tells Him To Remove The Entire Bling- / Picture Of D'banj In His Days @ LASU Epe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Presniper: 5:42pm On Jul 29, 2011
Pastor Oyedepo Embarrasses D'Banj!!!!

BISHOP OYEDEPO DISGRACES D'BANJ INSIDE CHURCH AUDITORIUM
The man of God at Living Faith Church worldwide also known as Winners Chapel, Bishop Oyedepo did not get carried away with all the blings and swags of Mohits star,Dapo Oyebanji popularly known as D’banj when they came in contact.

We learnt that D’banj was recently contacted to perform at a Youth Programme in Covenant University where the Bishop was also a special guest of honour.

Those present at the event said when D’banj was introduced by MC to mount the stage for his performance, D’banj appeared on stage in his normal bling-bling mode of dressing and when he was introducing his song, the highly respected Bishop Oyedepo stopped him.

According to eye witness account, we were told that the Bishop’s gesture took everyone by surprise when he ordered the ‘Fall in Love’ crooner to stop his performance.

It was learnt that the Bishop while trying to maintain the good standard of Christianity, told D’banj to remove the entire bling on his neck and to be cautious of what he’d say on stage.

Although some of the people who were there told us Bishop Oyedepo uttered the warning to D’banj jokingly, however, not a few maintained that he meant every word he said concerning the star musician.

http://www.vibeweekly.com/newsite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1302:nigerian-bishop-oyedepo-embarrasses-dbanj-in-church&catid=42:hot-gossip&Itemid=491

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by HighChief4(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2011
Double standard and hypocrism, why would Dbanj remove his blings, what has his blings got to do with his personal relationship with God. But him the thieving pastor will mount his 5star private jet and wear expensive suits and shoes and ride in expensive cars. Rubbish!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Brisingr(m): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2011
y was Dbanj invited in d 1st place if he will just b chastised besides wat was he xpectin him to say.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by yamakuza: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
Incomplete information is ?

Did he comply?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by shotster50(m): 2:13am On Jul 31, 2011
Hahahaha coming from someone who just bought a G5 or something?!!!!!!!! Funny how they seem to think they are above God's law.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by marcar(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2011
weytin concern this for front page?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2011
Pastor Oyedepo should know that what he is preventing is already in every single Blood inside his 'holy' university
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by phreakabit(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2011
High_Chief:

Double standard and hypocrism, why would Dbanj remove his blings, what has his blings got to do with his personal relationship with God. But him the thieving pastor will mount his 5star private jet and wear expensive suits and shoes and ride in expensive cars. Rubbish!!!

Brisingr:

y was Dbanj invited in d 1st place if he will just b chastised besides wat was he xpectin him to say.

Very good questions, I would likely ask the same! BTW if he is totally against vanity as in the case of the bling blings, then why own a private jet?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Woke4all(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2011
yamakuza:

Incomplete information is ?

Did he comply?
That's the question?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Akanbiedu(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2011
the message should be clear enough "I am the only star here"

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by horny4u(f): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2011
Teaching about prosperity is Oyedepo's  calling and he is a great man & teacher and has taught me so much wisdom and i invite all to watch his video on  the winners channel on the internet.

Having said the above no man has a right to take another man's free will. That free will was given by the Creator in his wisdom and while you can teach , you are not allowed to force anyone to do anything.

If Dbanj takes off the blings and goes back home to wear them then Oyedepo has achieved NOTHING by that correction .

Correcting someone in the full glare of everyone is unbecoming of anyone and achieves only resentment. We teach to effect a need within the taught to change their ways. Dictatorship must be

eliminated everywhere especially in the churches and schools.

We are all at different stages of enlightenment and so must let each grow at their own pace.

When Jesus said to stone if you have not sinned, I think he meant do not judge or criticise or correct but teach in loving kindness and a knowing understanding that life is in stages.

The above post is heresay and my post is a reply to if it really happened cos too many rumours running around.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Abongs(m): 9:35am On Jul 31, 2011
why nw if d man knw want see d banj display,him 4 commot now why all the embarrasment these men of god ma

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by ayinba1(f): 9:40am On Jul 31, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

the message should be clear enough "I am the only star here"

Right on, and again!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by yamakuza: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2011
@ woke:

1. Leona Lewis would have bounced with the check in her pocket.

2. KellyH would probably sue

3. TerryG wouldnt have even shown up.

so, what of the koko?

@Horny4u:
if Bishop had sat and not done or said anything, it would have been a mar on his values or moral standards.

What he did is not really surprising. Perhaps he didnt execute it well or his manner of approach was wrong?

Anyway, na d organisers I blame. Dem no see bouqui, keffi, ksb or chiomaJesus?

They may be endowed, but na church dem still dey. fi le!
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by stagger: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2011
If I were Bishop Oyedepo, D'Banj would be nowhere near that place.

What kind of message are all these musicians who parade female nudity in their music videos passing across to the youths?

He is even lucky that he was not ordered off that stage completely. Only that the f*ols here who only pick what they want did not take the second part of the message about his being careful not to utter profanity in his songs did not mention that.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by IBEXY(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2011
Didn't they know him before inviting him to perform?
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Exponental(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2011
He just gave dbanj a new song to sing,
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Exponental(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2011
He just gave dbanj a new song to sing,
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by iz2much: 10:51am On Jul 31, 2011
why will the people invited him in the first place when they knew he will be coming with his blings on, am not to judge but i think the pastor is been an hypocrite, am not even the pastor's fan right from day one, so he can go hug transformer for all i care
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by crownx2: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2011
Why do they invite the guy to church program in the first last.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Koikoi(m): 11:10am On Jul 31, 2011
they r both uncouth
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Seum(f): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2011
[size=28pt]I wonder why matured, educated Nairalanders will not stop and consider the source of stories before pouring insults on people[/size]

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by weedUp: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2011
Its not an embarrasement. Even if the pastor wears expensive suits and shoes does not mean we should not see his reasons for asking dbanj to do without his blings. The fact that we all have free will does not permit him to dress into a place of worship like a tout. He should accept that there's one place his randiness is not allowed. Rules are made so people should obey it. If those rules are not met that means we all are equal to God and men of authority. The Pastor took the right step if not people will end up in places of worship with sagging jean and gold plated eyes with a cigar at d corner of their mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by jpworld(m): 11:19am On Jul 31, 2011
Mr Oyedepo, is trying to show himself,
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by horny4u(f): 11:26am On Jul 31, 2011
yamakuza:

@ woke:

1. Leona Lewis would have bounced with the check in her pocket.

2. KellyH would probably sue

3. TerryG wouldnt have even shown up.

so, what of the koko?

@Horny4u:
if Bishop had sat and not done or said anything, it would have been a mar on his values or moral standards.

What he did is not really surprising. Perhaps he didnt execute it well or his manner of approach was wrong?

I hear you but keep in mind that the stoners in the bible felt it would mar their values and moral standards by stoning

the easy virtue lady (they felt justified to stone her, they felt holier and higher than her)

YET

The Lord Jesus said stone first he who hath no sin.

Again man's work is only within himself.

The best way to influence others is living by example , its actually the only way to influence others except you wish to

surround yourself with sycophants and hypocrites then teaching and showing NOT criticism and correction.

Again i think Oyedepo is truly a great man but none is perfect however he is someone i admire and look up to but i release myself from dogma and prefer to see clearly no matter what or who.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Nymphnode(m): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2011
[quote author=yamakuza link=topic=723715.msg8825164#msg8825164 date=1312102303

[quote][/quote] The venue is the Covenant U N I V E R S I T Y. I wonder what he would have done if Femi were to entertain him with Bang Bang Bang

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by ifyalways(f): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2011
Only in Naija !
People go to a LovePeddler house in search of virgins?Why did they invite him at all
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by horny4u(f): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2011
weedUp:

Its not an embarrasement. Even if the pastor wears expensive suits and shoes does not mean we should not see his reasons for asking dbanj to do without his blings. The fact that we all have free will does not permit him to dress into a place of worship like a tout. He should accept that there's one place his randiness is not allowed. Rules are made so people should obey it. If those rules are not met that means we all are equal to God and men of authority. The Pastor took the right step if not people will end up in places of worship with sagging jean and gold plated eyes with a cigar at d corner of their mouth.

The hypocrisy of your statement.
Who do we need in church? Good , honest people ? Well those should be in heaven not the church.
The church is to heal randy , dishonest, angry , bitter, greedy people, sagging trouser prisoners, LovePeddlers  etc and funny enough YOU and I grin deal with it .The church is a place where you go to get inspired and learn by example from dishonest people who have become honest as they know the road and signs, they show us that it is possible to get better and begin to feel worthy.
Would you prefer that DBANJ takes off the bling today and tomorrow refuses to come to the church tomorrow , YUP you will like that very much , wouldn't you and you say you are winning souls for Christ,
How do you heal an igbo smoker if his type is not allowed in church.
My dear holy people are in heaven so if you are on earth , then you must understand that no body holy pass and we are here to learn and bring out our greatness, and by the way all humans are equal in the eye of the Almighty ,

If you are perfect the you do not need the church, go start a church and teach others and if they all feel they are perfect lets see who will be a church member.

Christian defined in my opinion as Christ like, if you do something that Christ would not have done then are you a Christian , licking a pastors Bottom does not make you a Christian however loving your neighbour as yourself and treating your neighbours as you will want to be treated is Christlike and true Christianity.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2011
My question is why is the Dbanj invited in the first place since the bishop wants to maintain holy life in his school, every  body knows that Dbanj is not a gospel musical and have not record a song relating to gospel track, is their no gospel artist to invite?  Becourse that school with the bishop prefered standard of holliness is not a place that need the type of music Dbanj sings. Is like inviting an Imam to preach in a church.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by Abanicwise(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2011
If truly dat happen,then I think d bishop is not bn sincere with his God, why did his acclaim "HOLY UNIVERSITY" invited D'banj to it programe in d first place haven known dat D'banj is a secular hip hop artist, or are there not other Gospel singer( The likes of Tope Alabi ) within his reach? This is just like medicine after death. It look ridiculous and absurd if truly it happen.[/color][color=#990000][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by hbrednic: 11:55am On Jul 31, 2011
he should have given that hypocrist called bishop a very dirty slap. angry
the bishop wanted to shine alone.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? by comechop(m): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
horny4u:

Teaching about prosperity is Oyedepo's  calling and he is a great man & teacher and has taught me so much wisdom and i invite all to watch his video on  the winners channel on the internet.

Having said the above no man has a right to take another man's free will. That free will was given by the Creator in his wisdom and while you can teach , you are not allowed to force anyone to do anything.

If Dbanj takes off the blings and goes back home to wear them then Oyedepo has achieved NOTHING by that correction .

Correcting someone in the full glare of everyone is unbecoming of anyone and achieves only resentment. We teach to effect a need within the taught to change their ways. Dictatorship must be

eliminated everywhere especially in the churches and schools.

We are all at different stages of enlightenment and so must let each grow at their own pace.

When Jesus said to stone if you have not sinned, I think he meant do not judge or criticise or correct but teach in loving kindness and a knowing understanding that life is in stages.

The above post is heresay and my post is a reply to if it really happened cos too many rumours running around.

Interesting and well thought out response - but coming from a username like yours?
Guess its the internet,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Worst Clebrity Plastic Surgery (pics) / Chinedu Ikedieze (AKI) And His Beautiful Daughter! / Regina Daniels: 8 Things You Might Not Know About The 16-Year-Old Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.