Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (23419 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by samtoye(m): 11:42am On Aug 02, 2011
Matthew 23:23

New International Version (NIV)

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Why do
Boboedom:

May I refer all to Matt. 23:23. Christ refers to tithing and also did not condemn it but encourage us to tithe while not neglecting the most important things-Justice, and Mercy and honesty. Bless you all

Oga, that is matt 23:23 - I don't see where Jesus encouraged Tithing, lets not misquote the bible to make point, in-fact its even "woe",
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by trimwis: 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
tithing is scam
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by ogajim(m): 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
trimwis:

tithing is scam

Don't mind them ojare, Only those that benefit from the scam can defend this SCAM, Majority pay it out of FEAR and the need to "belong" or be counted as "OBEDIENT" by "pastor, MOG, prophet" and maybe rewarded with "deacon" or some official title at some point. Is that the reason we worship and serve God?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by WhyAWhy(m): 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
ogajim:

Don't mind them ojare, Only those that benefit from the scam can defend this SCAM, Majority pay it out of FEAR and the need to "belong" or be counted as "OBEDIENT" by "pastor, MOG, prophet" and maybe rewarded with "deacon" or some official title at some point. Is that the reason we worship and serve God?

Statistics?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by tunnytox(m): 5:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
WhyAWhy:

Statistics?

Statistics for what? The likes of you would even require statistics to believe that people who can't swim are likely to drown. Are you a professor of statistics? grin grin
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by ogajim(m): 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
tunnytox:

Statistics for what? The likes of you would even require statistics to believe that people who can't swim are likely to drown. Are you a professor of statistics? grin grin

He maybe a "Church administrator or accountant" for all we know.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by fahdy2k: 10:18pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hello friends,
Before i put in my contributions, let me start by saying i am a born again Christian and always proud to say it. I will not say to anyone to pay his/her tithes or not but will imploy you to let's rightly divide the word of truth has Bro Paul challenged Timothy. I feel really ashamed of what my faith (Christian Faith) has turned into- which is no more of a humble calling, a call to serve mankind. A call to guide and shepherd souls, a call to be a servant just like what Jesus told his disciples - James and John (see Mark 10:35-45 and Luke 22:24-27). I implore all to please read those scriptures and others within this posting because i think its important to this discussion.

I feel bad because even my Church is not left out and each day i look to see if there will be one that will at least emmulate the real calling of our lord Jesus Christ but sad enough its almost the same. As a matter of fact, i found that even people that never believe in God for a second exhibits such a great amount of LOVE than we that call Jesus every seconds. It's really sad!!! If you do not believe my last statement, here you go:
"On December 9, 2010, Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and investor Warren Buffett signed a promise they called the "Giving Pledge", in which they promised to donate to charity at least half of their wealth over the course of time, and invited others among the wealthy to donate 50% or more of their wealth to charity."
That is an excerpt which you can confirm online. The bitter part of it is these 3 folks (not too sure of Warren Buffet) never believe in God's existence. I then wonder, there we have Pastors amassing wealth greedily in the name of God yet the people we call ungodly give with a BIG HEART of GOD. Or how can you explain Warren Buffet in addition to that saying he is giving 99% of his wealth to Charity over the course of his life - this is something he worked for all his life and not even tithes and offerings of some followers.

During the course of some research, i stumbled on a great man of God that lived in the 17th/18th Century called John Wesley and i wished he lived in my time. Anyway, His life style as a Pastor/Preacher really impressed me and i have decided to make him my mentor. The sad thing is i doubt if the legacy he left behind is being carried on by His Church today (The Methodist Church). Please read something about his life style on this link and let us as God give us the grace emmulate it. (http://saintluther..com/2007/05/about-money-john-wesley.html)

I do not really want to belabour you with a lot for there is still more for us to discover here. I am imploring you all, do not rush through. Please spend some time and read through this link and if possible have your bible besides you to make references where possible. At the end of it all, pray about it and make your judgement wether you should TITHE or NOT. Or even wether you should decide to give your TITHES to the POOR remmebering they are infact JESUS in His disguise or haven't you read the book of Mathew 25:35-46.
Here is a link that dealt well with the issue of tithing: http://www.letusreason.org/wf34.htm

I leave you with this, let us all spend time to reading our Bible. Let not leave our Christianity in the hand of the Leaders alone. Commit yourself to study and as you do so, the Holy Spirit Himself will help us understand what God's want us to do. Personally, i believe a lot of Church leaders have left Jesus' vision. Let's start looking onto Jesus and not only the leaders. Even where they were Chosen by God, they are still very much subject to falling. There are several examples in the Bible for us.

Shalom!
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Enigma(m): 10:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
Following on from the reference to Wesley, you might also enjoy reading about George Muller. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_M%C3%BCller

. . . a Christian evangelist and Director of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, cared for 10,024 orphans in his life.

He was well-known for providing an education to the children under his care, to the point where he was accused of raising the poor above their natural station in life. He also established 117 schools which offered Christian education to over 120,000 children, many of them being orphans.

In 1834, he founded the Scriptural Knowledge Institution for Home and Abroad, with the goal of aiding Christian schools and missionaries; distributing the Bible and Christian tracts; and providing Day-schools, Sunday-schools and Adult-schools, all upon a Scriptural foundation. By the end of February 1835, there were five Day-schools - two for boys and three for girls. Not receiving government support and only accepting unsolicited gifts, this organisation received and disbursed £1,381,171 ( approximately $2,718,844 USD) - around £90 million in today's terms - by the time of Müller's death, primarily using the money for supporting the orphanages and distributing about 285,407 Bibles, 1,459,506 New Testaments, and 244,351 other religious texts, which were translated into twenty other languages. The money was also used to support other "faith missionaries" around the world, such as Hudson Taylor. The work continues to this day.

Through all this, Müller never made requests for financial support, nor did he go into debt, even though the five homes cost over £100,000 to build. Many times, he received unsolicited food donations only hours before they were needed to feed the children, further strengthening his faith in God. For example, on one well-documented occasion, they gave thanks for breakfast when all the children were sitting at the table, even though there was nothing to eat in the house. As they finished praying, the baker knocked on the door with sufficient fresh bread to feed everyone.

He travelled over 200,000 miles, an incredible achievement for pre-aviation times.

1. Note how many people he impacted.
2. Note the type of people he impacted
3. He never asked for "tithes" or "first fruits" or other fraudulent doctrines that the modern thieves use to scam people
4. See the extent of his travelling without a private jet
etc etc etc
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by PastorKun(m): 7:48am On Aug 03, 2011
@enigma
Wonderful + exemplary testimony of george muller you just gave. If only our so called MOG in Nigeria today could just do 5% of what he did, Nigeria would be a much better place today and the gospel of christ would be made true in the lives of millions. But today the rogues prefer to build monuments unto themselves, buy exotic cars, private jets, designer suits and generally live a vulgar life of obscene wealth whilst the very poor Jesus clearly instructed them to care about are languishing in poverty.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Zikkyy(m): 8:48am On Aug 03, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@enigma
Wonderful + exemplary testimony of george muller you just gave. If only our so called MOG in Nigeria today could just do 5% of what he did, Nigeria would be a much better place today and the gospel of christ would be made true in the lives of millions. But today the rogues prefer to build monuments unto themselves, buy exotic cars, private jets, designer suits and generally live a vulgar life of obscene wealth whilst the very poor Jesus clearly instructed them to care about are languishing in poverty.

NL resident pastor will tell you the church is not set up for charitable acts, the primary purpose of the church is to spread the gospel. Charitable work is therefore not mandatory for the church, it's value added (if the pastor is in the mood) smiley The way i see it, the purpose of setting up a church defines its direction. For Muller, maybe he was driven by the need to find a way to ease the plight of orphans. What was the purpose of setting up CEC, Redeem, MFM e.t.c, i don't think it was charity. So, i honestly don't expect these churches to do much in areas of assisting the needy. Should they be involve in charitable acts? i think they should.

Pastor Kun:

But today the rogues prefer to build monuments unto themselves, buy exotic cars, private jets, designer suits and generally live a vulgar life of obscene wealth whilst the very poor Jesus clearly instructed them to care about are languishing in poverty.

True. what do you expect from a rogue smiley
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by WhyAWhy(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2011
I attended a popular church (one of the ones popularly run down here on NL) in Kano. One of the schemes they had in place is this
1. Scholarship for youths in the church (doesn't involve children/relatives of ministers in the church).
2. Welfare scheme for widow and less privileged in church.

And you know nigerians now, they will want to abuse privilege like say na dem 20 Naira started the scheme

I think every right thinking individual should understand that the church is not a Microfinance Bank
Mal 3: 10 - Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house,

Where do you think the food goes to? Is it not in keeping the house? Who do you think pays for the rent/building/maintenance/ bills on every side for running a church and the salary of employed staff? And with that the church still manages to render community service and do prison outreaches.
Last time I checked, the church didn't force money out of anyone's pocket or make threats for you to pay your tithes/offerings

My own pastor here in U.K personally has his own hospital and has at various times helped to sponsor or assist church members in various ways,  m.sc funding, house rent issue, visa etc. and He doesn't get paid from the church purse. How did I know? The church's account income and spending and all expenditure are clearly published and reside on the charity commission's website and because I know there are times church is in need and people keep thinking their meagre tithe/ offering which all of people like you on this website don't contribute is enough to sustain the ministry and still throw money around. smh!!
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Zikkyy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
WhyAWhy:

One of the schemes they had in place is this
1. Scholarship for youths in the church (doesn't involve children/relatives of ministers in the church).
2. Welfare scheme for widow and less privileged in church.

And you know nigerians now, they will want to abuse privilege like say na dem 20 Naira started the scheme

If the scheme is not being funded with the 20 Naira collection, who is funding?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by ogajim(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^^ No mind them jare, that's why you call them "kalo kalo" gospel providers or business centers grin grin grin
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by pelezico: 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
I'll offer my reasons why we should pay our tithes and will support it with NT verses
This is very important especially in days that we live in. If you want to be blessed by God please tithe. Tithing is linked to the affections of the heart. This is also linked to Satans one world system where man will not be able to buy or sell unless you take the mark of the beast. I'll explain tomorrow. To clarify Satan will use the love of money as the very snare to literally own you out right.

More tomorrow
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Zikkyy(m): 9:08am On Aug 05, 2011
pelezico:

If you want to be blessed by God please tithe.

what about the non-tithers that have been blessed by God?

pelezico:

Tithing is linked to the affections of the heart. This is also linked to Satans one world system where man will not be able to buy or sell unless you take the mark of the beast. I'll explain tomorrow. To clarify Satan will use the love of money as the very snare to literally own you out right.

More reasons why i should not be tithing.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 05, 2011
pelezico:

I'll offer my reasons why we should pay our tithes and will support it with NT verses
This is very important especially in days that we live in. If you want to be blessed by God please tithe. Tithing is linked to the affections of the heart. This is also linked to Satans one world system where man will not be able to buy or sell unless you take the mark of the beast. I'll explain tomorrow. To clarify Satan will use the love of money as the very snare to literally own you out right.

More tomorrow

Jesus did not praise anyone for paying tithes in the NT but he referred to them as teachers of the law, Pharisees and hypocrites! See below:

23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by njira(f): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2011
The opportunity to give to God is in itself a gift!! even before going to Heaven the gifts we have abundantly received from God our Father are indescribable!!
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by pelezico: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2011
To tithe is a command by God himself and is not old testament.  Tithing is not a ceremonial law and has not been done away with.  To say that tithing is a ceremonial law or one that was done away with is like saying  that marrying your cousin is OK since in Jesus that law that made it a sin in the old testament is done with therefore its OK to marry your cousin.  No.  Logically thats absurd.  To go along with that logic will get you into a lot of trouble i dare say.

Jesus never once said in any discourse on tithing that tithing is done with.  He said it ought to be done but so should the observance of the other things that ought to distinguish us as followers of Christ.  The woman and her mite and Jesus telling Peter to go and get a gold coin from the fishes mouth to pay the temple tax are very strong evidences that paying your tithes is something God requires you to do.

Infact Jesus says that the children of the world are wiser than the children of God because when it comes to zeal in looking after their worldly interest they excel hence why unsaved and wicked people do better than those Gods wants to prosper.

But the real issue is your heart.  If your treasure is awaiting for the kingdom and really pursuing His love you will tithe.  The problem is that Nigerians have abused the tithe, live like devils and think that because they tithe they will be blessed. Not so.  

I would say this to those who are struggling.  Get outta dept and please learn to bugdet.  You are a steward of Gods finances no matter how big or small.  BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET.  And while doing this tithe.  

If you are going to a Health and Wealth church my personal opinion is to leave however your obligation is to God and not to man.  However before leaving why not pray about it and go and speak to the leaders about the issues you have with the church.  Arm yourself with scriptures hence the reason why i said pray first.  You will then have a clearer mind as to what to do.

Those who have abused the tithe there condemnation is written of in the book of Jude and also in Psalm 73.  Rest assured that God knows who belong to him.

To those who think its beneath them to pay tithes well Jesus did and he knew very well that his tithe was being abused.  

If you are a poor steward of money - (i was blessed but because i was single used to spend very unwisely no im married i have been forced to budget) please bugdet - unsaved folks i know are good with their money and know a good deal when they see one.  

If you are caught up in the Health and Wealth false doctrine then my advise would be to repent and set your house in order.  I believe that God has brought judgment to such people since they are doing what there idolatrous heart wants to do and make money their god.  

Tithing is act of obedience.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by pelezico: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2011
Febup:

Jesus did not praise anyone for paying tithes in the NT but he referred to them as teachers of the law, Pharisees and hypocrites! See below:

The widows mite - our challenge as Christians
Luke 21:1-4 1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men that were casting their gifts into the treasury. 2 And he saw a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. 3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, This poor widow cast in more than they all: 4 for all these did of their superfluity cast in unto the gifts; but she of her want did cast in all the living that she had.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by PastorKun(m): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2011
@pelezico
With biblical references kindly tell us how the bible defines God's tithe, does it bare any resemblance to the man made version being preached today. Also without twisting scripture kindly show us the passage in the bible Jesus was alleged to have paid tithes.

PS: you may also need to read deut 14:22-29 to help you on God's definition on tithes before reading hebrews 7:5-19 were the tithing law was anulled and described as weak, useless and unprofitable.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Joagbaje(m): 11:41am On Aug 05, 2011
Jesus endorsed tithing ,likewise Paul.Nothing can be clearer than pauls reference here

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

The welfare for ministers in the temple comes from tithings and offerings . Same thing goes for the church.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Enigma(m): 11:47am On Aug 05, 2011
^^ This is what Jesus said to those people who he was scolding for "tithing" ----- "woe  to you . . . you hypocrites."

Yeah, maybe for those kinds of people Jesus "endorsed" "tithing". However, Christians know that Jesus did not "endorse" tithing for them; He did not suggest tithing for Christians; He did not teach "tithing" for Christians; He did not demand "tithing" from Christians!
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by dare2think: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
njira:

The opportunity to give to God is in itself a gift!! even before going to Heaven the gifts we have abundantly received from God our Father are indescribable!!

Miss,

How does it make sense to give to an entity that already owns all things. I thought all he wanted was your redemption and salvation. He has no need for "Gift", what will he do with it?

Fraudulent folks are the ones who demand "gifts" on his behalf.

Why don't you give those "gifts" to the unprivileged. Am sure they need it more than God.

What do you think?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by dare2think: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2011
@ Pelezio

The Tithing described in the Old testament (Duet: 14, 22-29) is the "act of obedience" .

Any other form of tithing different from that is an act of Fraud

Or does God change?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by dare2think: 12:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
Joagbaje:

Jesus endorsed tithing ,likewise Paul.Nothing can be clearer than pauls reference here

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

The welfare for ministers in the temple comes from tithings and offerings . Same thing goes for the church.

undecided I wonder when rhetorics became endorsements.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by njira(f): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
dare2think:

Miss,

How does it make sense to give to an entity that already owns all things. I thought all he wanted was your redemption and salvation. He has no need for "Gift", what will he do with it?

Fraudulent folks are the ones who demand "gifts" on his behalf.

Why don't you give those "gifts" to the unprivileged. Am sure they need it more than God.

What do you think?

@ dare2think,

that concern you have raised is the same concern Judas raised to Jesus when His feet were being washed by expensive perfume ~ therefore it is the same spirit that Judas had ~ the truth is yes we can give to the underpriviledged but that does not mean that we stop giving to God. How do we give to God? by giving to God's work, and what is God's work? God's work is the Gospel. The best gift you can ever give to someone is a word of comfort and God is the best Comforter there is. Allow me to get proverbial and equate giving the under priviledged money to giving them fish and preaching The Gospel and God's Word to them to teaching them how to fish
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by dare2think: 1:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
Pls explain how you give to the gospel?

And what is the gospel we are giving?

Is there any commandment from Jesus to give to the particular that particular Gospel you mentioned?

Thank you.
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by njira(f): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2011
Dare2think please allow me to add,

The Gospel has been entrusted to human beings to preach. It is not going to be preached by Angels, it is not going to be preached by ArcAngel Michael nor any other heavenly body. We, you and me, are the ones who are supposed to. I assure you that even if Paul was to be alive today or even any of the disciples that they would themselves also use the media that we use these days to preach the Gospel, which include radio, satelite t.v. and so forth, and these cost money my dear, and as a Body of Christ we are better off if we pool our resources together and do it united than every one of us starting their own t.v stations for example ~ that is the force of Wisdom my dear
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Enigma(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2011
njira:
. . . How do we give to God?

Let Jesus Christ Himself answer the question: Matthew 25

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

That is how Jesus prescribed that we should give to Him, that we should give to God!

Question is ---- will you believe and accept the words of Jesus or do you prefer to follow the lies of men?

njira:

Dare2think please allow me to add,

The Gospel has been entrusted to human beings to preach. It is not going to be preached by Angels, it is not going to be preached by ArcAngel Michael nor any other heavenly body. We, you and me, are the ones who are supposed to. I assure you that even if Paul was to be alive today or even any of the disciples that they would themselves also use the media that we use these days to preach the Gospel, which include radio, satelite t.v. and so forth,  and these cost money my dear,  and as a Body of Christ we are better off if we pool our resources together and do it united than every one of us starting their own t.v stations for example ~ that is the force of Wisdom my dear

They had needs for evangelism in the days of Jesus Himself; in the days of Paul, of Peter, of James, of John etc etc! So why did NONE of them ask for "tithes"?
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by njira(f): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Enigma ~ i must say i apologize ~ my points were about giving to the Church and not specifically the 10% tithing ~ if i say so myself i have not really come to an understanding about the issue but am working on it
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by Zikkyy(m): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
pelezico:

To tithe is a command by God himself and is not old testament.  Tithing is not a ceremonial law and has not been done away with.  

. . . . and the beneficiary of the tithe was never the pastor. God did not just say "take the tithe to the store house", he said "take the tithe to the Levite". The tithe was never for anybody occupying that position, if you are not a Levite you cannot receive the tithe. It was their inheritance smiley God has not transferred the inheritance of the Levite to the pastor. If you must adhere to this command, find a Levite to receive your tithe.

pelezico:

Jesus never once said in any discourse on tithing that tithing is done with.  He said it ought to be done but so should the observance of the other things that ought to distinguish us as followers of Christ.  

Jesus was referring to the Levitical tithe and not tithe to your pastor.

pelezico:

But the real issue is your heart.  If your treasure is awaiting for the kingdom and really pursuing His love you will tithe.

If you are pursuing God's love, you will not tithe; you will give all you have. Tithe is a fraction or you want just a fraction of God's love The issue truly is your heart, and you have allowed your heart to set a limit to how much you can love smiley 10% loving is that all you want/have to give to the Almighty

pelezico:

Tithing is act of obedience.

Obedience to who God or pastor God did not tell the Christian to tithe, so i think you are trying to obey the pastor smiley
Re: Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? by ogajim(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2011
I trust Pastor JoAgbaje to produce the "endorsement letter", LOL@ Jesus Christ endorsed tithe!

These guys will stop at nothing to grab money that's not theirs to begin with using fear, curse of God, robbing God, etc to hoodwink a bunch of educated folks who should know better since the Bible is freely available currently to check things for themselves. They deserve to get jacked up for being too LAZY unlike the good people of Berea who fact-checked everything they heard from Paul and Silas.

If your "budget" is big enough to need LIES to foot the bill, maybe you need to downsize. There are no TEMPLES any more, we the Christians are the living TEMPLES of God,

Repent before it is too LATE!

Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.