Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village (5354 Views)

7 Important Facts To Know About Eze Nri Of The Igbos. / Ndigbo Originated From Egypt, Jacob’s Son Is The Father Of Nri – Monarch / The Enchantment Of Igwulube Okodu,umuoji. The Humble Home Of Nri Priest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by bellten: 6:34pm On Jul 31, 2011
Despite the unpredictable weather, yesterday’s royal dedication of the Igbo Farm Village, U.S went smoothly, with Eze Nri, Igwe Obidiegwu Onyeso waxing philosophical and nostalgic, about the simple, Igbo themed architecture of the village.

It was moving, he said, to see traditional adobe and thatch buildings in Staunton. He noted that back in Nigeria, more and more people were building with brick and block.

“It is bringing the past back for the future,” he said.

Eze Nri had earlier on spoken of the diffulties faced by many Igbos, who were seized from their homes and taken into slavery, and of their glorious resistance to the evil.

He also spoke of the ancient Igbo culture, which has lasted for many many centuries.”

The Eze Nri, who was there in his capacity as a leading Igbo traditional ruler, stated that the farm village was of great significance, not only to Igbos in America, but also to Igbos in Nigeria.

© igbodefender.com 2011

http://igbodefender.com/2011/07/31/eze-nri-admires-local-igbo-huts-in-u-s-farm-village/
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by NegroNtns(m): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2011
Another follow follow by ibo to copy and appear equal in greatness to Yoruba.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by Kobojunkie: 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2011
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by NegroNtns(m): 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2011
You read right!
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by bellten: 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2011
@ Negro_ntns:
The King Obidiegwu Onyeso was invited by American's to perform the ceremonies, based on the underlying Igbop presence in the United States. What is so "follow follow" about that.

I don't think Igwe Onyeso was thinking of any competition when he inspected the buildings.

This year is turning out to be a golden year for Ndigbo. From Rochas Okorocha, to Igbodefender.com to Pius Anyim- and now this Igbo Village. Are Igbos on a roll or what?
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

^^^ The bitterness and badbelle is so evident from this post. What's the business of this bigot and Igbo-hater with Ndigbo affairs, moreso as 'Yoruba' was not mentioned anywhere in the initial post.

One would be forgiven for thinking this dude is paranoid about Ndigbo. The fear is so palpable.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by EzeUche(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2011
This should be in the culture section. Why do people such as the OP place topics in tribalist sections such as the Politics section?
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by tpia5: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2011
the real issue here is are mud huts a good or bad thing.

since some people have screamed themselves hoarse because they claim they saw mud huts in the southwest, while barely a thread later we have others patting themselves on the back because they said there are igbo mud huts in virginia.

so can we clear up the dichotomy.

when are mud huts good and when are they bad.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by bellten: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2011
@ tipia

Mud huts are good when they help preserve a peoples past, for future generations. That was the point of Eenri's visit to the US.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by ezeagu(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2011
tpia@:

the real issue here is are mud huts a good or bad thing.

since some people have screamed themselves hoarse because they claim they saw mud huts in the southwest, while barely a thread later we have others patting themselves on the back because they said there are igbo mud huts in virginia.

so can we clear up the dichotomy.

when are mud huts good and when are they bad.

*Museum piece.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by ezeagu(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

There's a Yoruba village piece in an American museum?
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by NegroNtns(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2011
<quote>

This year is turning out to be a golden year for Ndigbo. From Rochas Okorocha, to Igbodefender.com to Pius Anyim- and now this Igbo Village. Are Igbos on a roll or what?

</quote>

Belten,

Tell your brothers to follow your example and post positive things out of SE like you just did, instead of them coming here to whine 20pounds Awo gave them, or carrying placard to protest on highway.

Eze, did you call my Oyotunji a museum? You should come visit us sometime and see how African village and Yorubanation prosper. Don't come here and get idea about claiming the land, we will take you appease Sango. Lol.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by ezeagu(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Eze, did you call my Oyotunji a museum?  You should come visit us sometime and see how African village and Yorubanation prosper. Don't come here and get idea about claiming the land, we will take you appease Sango. Lol. 

Why don't you go and make a thread about Oyotunji then and leave the lowly cultured to enjoy the museum pieces.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by PrinceAkee: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2011
Hello i am a newbie how do you start a topic?

Can somebody make a thread about the flying eagles game!
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by tpia5: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2011
ezeagu:

Why don't you go and make a thread about Oyotunji then and leave the lowly cultured to enjoy the museum pieces.

very few yorubas actually know or have heard of oyotunji.

so, its not a competition for crying out loud.

oyotunji is an AA thing, so no need to start having hurt feelings because of it.

the people are americans so what exactly is the problem.

i didnt hear of all this brouhaha during the roots era.

and africa is a big place- there's still more "connecting" to do with all kinds of tribes there.

the tuaregs sef havent started claiming their own yet.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by odumchi: 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2011
This guy is paranoid. Igbophobia dey do him bad. Just look at how he is attempting to destroy this thread even though no mention of antything "Yoruba" was made in this thread.

@ Topic
Good news  smiley

PROUD-IGBO:

^^^ The bitterness and badbelle is so evident from this post. What's the business of this bigot and Igbo-hater with Ndigbo affairs, moreso as 'Yoruba' was not mentioned anywhere in the initial post.

One would be forgiven for thinking this dude is paranoid about Ndigbo. The fear is so palpable.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by Starlett: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2011
Must say I'm really downright ashamed of all those who cannot see a simple thread in Nairaland without turning it into tribal bashing. U know yourselves, no need to mention names here.

Can't you simply understand that Nigeria is made up of great tribes and peoples? from the far north to the banks of the Atlantic in the creeks, over 250+ indegenous tribes and languages, many of which have made their mark in contributing to the greatness of Nigeria.

Sure, we have our issues, (even growing by the day), but you guys that can't celebrate something good about another tribe are really the worst of our issues, believe me. What right do you have to rail at those behind the frequent blood-letting in the north, if with ur pc or phone you post worse things about your fellow African tribes.

DON'T YOU GET IT The Yorubas CANNOT stop the Igbos progress, and vice versa.

Argggggh. Please!!

1 Like

Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by Jenifa1: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2011
I would like to see pictures.
what museum is this part of?

Starlett:

Must say I'm really downright ashamed of all those who cannot see a simple thread in Nairaland without turning it into tribal bashing. U know yourselves, no need to mention names here.

I think it's best that you ignore him. Sometimes posters themselves feed the tribalism by concentrating on the tribalistic comment instead of focusing on what the topic is about.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by Mobinga: 10:45pm On Jul 31, 2011
@Negro Ntns and @Proud Igbo

You are both lunatics.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by ezeagu(m): 10:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
tpia@:

very few yorubas actually know or have heard of oyotunji.

so, its not a competition for crying out loud.

oyotunji is an AA thing, so no need to start having hurt feelings because of it.

the people are americans so what exactly is the problem.

i didnt hear of all this brouhaha during the roots era.

and africa is a big place- there's still more "connecting" to do with all kinds of tribes there.

the tuaregs sef havent started claiming their own yet.

Is it me that brought up Oyotunji? Did I agree or disagree that there was a competition? If anyone feels their colony in the United States is great enough to show their domination over others, let them go and make a thread now, or is that also a problem?

Jenifa_:

I'll bump the thread back up, check out the culture section soon.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by tpia5: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2011
ezeagu:

Is it me that brought up Oyotunji? Did I agree or disagree that there was a competition? If anyone feels their colony in the United States is great enough to show their domination over others, let them go and make a thread now, or is that also a problem?

are you referring to the british, french and spaniards, because like i told you before, most yorubas do not know ANYTHING about oyotunji.

na wa for paranoia.

oyotunji itself is probably a white creation, so why on earth are you busting a pantaloon over the place.

you're not even making sense, because how does one village constitute a colony.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by Jenifa1: 10:54pm On Jul 31, 2011
Tpiah, who was Oyotunji anyway?

I love the new focus of this topic. lol
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by ezeagu(m): 10:56pm On Jul 31, 2011
tpia@:

are you referring to the british, french and spaniards, because like i told you before, most yorubas do not know ANYTHING about oyotunji.

na wa for paranoia.

oyotunji itself is probably a white creation, so why on earth are you busting a pantaloon over the place.

you're not even making sense, because how does one village constitute a colony.

I'm not the one who posted here out of paranoia, I'm not the one who brought up Oyotunji, I'm not the one explaining Oyotunji. I'm just saying that the Oyotunji folks should leave a thread that they're derailing with their Oyotunji-related business and create another thread for themselves. Where is the problem now?
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by tpia5: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
Jenifa_:

Tpiah, who was Oyotunji anyway?

i have no idea.

i suspect the name is a literal one and i didnt even know its a museum or whatever it was called on this thread.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by manny4life(m): 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2011
Jenifa_:

I think it's best that you ignore him. Sometimes posters themselves feed the tribalism by concentrating on the tribalistic comment instead of focusing on what the topic is about.

Smithsonian Institution; National Museum of African History, hehe joking

@ OP, Good news and for others who are crying, why are people so obsessed about igbos? hmmm this is serious case that needs resolve,
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by MariAmara(f): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2011
See beef for Igbo man. Kai. These Yoruba noisemakers will never change. Please my dear Igbos don't mind them. You all can hate and talk crap about us but you all will ALWAYS be behind us, breathing in the dust as we move further ahead! What else do you people know apart from owambe, jumping from one party to another and stuffing your fat faces with food. Mtchewww.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by Jenifa1: 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2011
come on guys. why are all of you focusing on a negative comment (by one person) made a long time ago.
why not focus back on the topic.
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by lagcity(m): 12:40am On Aug 01, 2011
MariAmara:

See beef for Igbo man. Kai. These Yoruba noisemakers will never change. Please my dear Igbos don't mind them. You all can hate and talk crap about us but you all will ALWAYS be behind us, breathing in the dust as we move further ahead! What else do you people know apart from owambe, jumping from one party to another and stuffing your fat faces with food. Mtchewww.

calm down. it is well smiley
Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by ASANIGBO(m): 2:05am On Aug 01, 2011
That

is

a

welcome

development

Re: Eze Nri Admires Local Igbo Huts In U.s Farm Village by chijam: 8:09am On Aug 01, 2011
where is the hut pls grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Jesus Spoke Yoruba / Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria / *~ Ifyalways Voted The Culture Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.