Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor (26065 Views)

Crisis Hits CAN Over Oritsejafor's Plan To Rig Election For Preferred Candidate / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Biggie9: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
kalokalo:

RCCG is a registered charity or not-for-profit. It is therefore unheard of that the children and grand children of the founder of RCCG want the organization to be accountable to them. It is like saying that the descendants of the founder of the International Red Cross should control and eat from the organization. An incorporated organization is by law distinct from its founders and is a legal entity / person

The only thing I can support is if the late Pa Akindayomi has a surviving widow, then the church should support her till she dies. The kids and grand kids are already pastors in RCCG  so what more do they want.  Pastor Adeboye's kids cannot take over from him when he passes on. The church will continue to be run by someone else. The leadership of a church is not something to be toyed. The Celestial Church of Christ is an example!

Thats right, reading between the lines, i feel Adeboye ought to make sure that the widow of the founder is taken care of, and if possible, even the children. Its the least Adeboye can do for them. Afterall he Adeboye cruises around in a private jet with a fleet of cars and a house in Redeemed camp thats as big as Buckingham palace. Its morally wrong to sideline and ignore little things like the personal upkeep of the direct children of the church founder. I forsee a break up of RCCG if Adeboye does not handle this wisely and i pray he does.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by WhyAWhy(m): 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
I don't even see any break up and this should be directed to the Church to take care of the Widow not Adeboye!!!
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Exponental(m): 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2011
End time!
Forgetting dat d church is not Adeboye's but God's.

Money, lead me not into destructn!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by farolee(m): 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2011
I just hate it, when i see shallow minded people making comments on our nairaland.Think before you make comment,must you make  comment? We need meaningful  and reasonable contributions .the guy that wrote this is  insulting Pa Fadayomi,the founder of RCCG. This is not political post,it has nothing to do with money.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2011
Yeah go on, shut down the debate - however relevant or tangential - by preaching fire and brimstone.
So typical of the average christian fundie these days grin - Thought Killers grin

Small time now, nah boko haram dem go begin shout. Same frigging difference, if you ask me.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by oludashmi(f): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2011
WhyAWhy:

I always try to be objective in life,  my own father is a well established man and rich in his own way,  I am pursuing my life personally with minimal help from his side but  I still have his support if I require,  when I finally get established tomorrow was it because of my own father's riches? So take away Adeboye's son from this, I am sick and tired of people trying to mentally figure out why someone has to be properous in life or not

If Akindayomi's family require support it shouldn't even be a public knowledge because to start with,  we were not told that the Church started and has been sustained on Akindayomi's Wealth so what's all this crap about "compensation". I am trying to imagine Azikwe or Awolowo's family holding nigeria to ransom because dem papa had a hand in Naija's walk to freedom. Mschew

kalokalo:

RCCG is a registered charity or not-for-profit. It is therefore unheard of that the children and grand children of the founder of RCCG want the organization to be accountable to them. It is like saying that the descendants of the founder of the International Red Cross should control and eat from the organization. An incorporated organization is by law distinct from its founders and is a legal entity / person

The only thing I can support is if the late Pa Akindayomi has a surviving widow, then the church should support her till she dies. The kids and grand kids are already pastors in RCCG  so what more do they want.  Pastor Adeboye's kids cannot take over from him when he passes on. The church will continue to be run by someone else. The leadership of a church is not something to be toyed. The Celestial Church of Christ is an example!

Exponental:

End time!
Forgetting dat d church is not Adeboye's but God's.

Money, lead me not into destructn!

Best comments!
You guys have made my day.
Case closed!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by beeman80: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
Do they think its business as usual? Pastor Adeboye should not allow this deter him from the work of the Almighty.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
Don 101:

@ mihis , I am quite surprised u are one of those who see God's work as business. Although some folks make biz out of it but it is an error to think every church u see is a biz venture. Take care d way u comment on d things of God cos u may just be inviting on ursef d wrath of God.

********************** A CONCERNED FRIEND ************************
It is because of folks like you that Nigeria will never change. Incur the wrath of God for what? Look at the state of Nigeria; does it look like a country that God cares about? No. How come it is only wrath that this God is capable of displaying? If this God hasn't answered all the quadrillion prayers that Nigerians have hitherto prayed, what makes you think He gives a [i]s[/i]hit about what people say concerning the church, things which are, for the most part, truth. Ageg go siddon and stop using God to threaten people. Church is a big and profitable business and like Brad Pitt said in the Inglorious Basterds, "Cousin, business is a-booming."
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
omo_to_dun:

It is because of folks like you that Nigeria will never change. Incur the wrath of God for what? Look at the state of Nigeria; does it look like a country that God cares about? No. How come it is only wrath that this God is capable of displaying? If this God hasn't answered all the quadrillion prayers that Nigerians have hitherto prayed, what makes you think He gives a [i]s[/i]hit about what people say concerning the church, things which are, for the most part, truth. Ageg go siddon and stop using God to threaten people. Church is a big and profitable business and like Brad Pitt said in the Inglorious Basterds, "Cousin, business is a-booming."

Well said.
Mind you, I put it down to having some many underdeveloped minds by virtue - a by-product of the systemic decay which abounds all strata of society.
When is the black man, woman and child going to emancipate self from mental slavery? sad
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by pm05337(m): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2011
When it comes to news broadcasting based on facts and the truth, 247 Nigeria news update does not break false news. It is our principle to get only the verified fact out to the public. Recently, there has been a report circulating all over the air about the family of founding pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi, accusing Pastor Adeboye of changing church principles and Marginalization. This publication is untrue and has been verified by the immediate relatives of the Late RCCG founder.

The speculation that the Akindayomi’s want to have a representative elected by the family, in a permanent position on the governing council to  help ensure that the doctrine being taught by the church is in line with the spiritual beliefs of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi is utterly unfounded, according to members of the immediate family,  This has been reported falsely and the Akindayomi’s were NOT aware of the petition signed by Abiodun Olukowajo (also a relative) on behalf of the family.

According to a member of the immediate Akindayomi family, both the Adeboye’s and the Akindayomi’s had a meeting today (1-August-2011) at the redemption camp. During the meeting, Pastor Adeboye and his wife openly discussed with Pa Akindayomi’s family on the circulating petition by Mr Abiodun Olukowajo. After a well mannered meeting the immediate family of the Akindayomi’s made it clear the news had absolutely nothing to do with them and were as shocked as anyone to hear of such allegations. When we asked one of Pa Akindayomi’s son (Baba Alakos) whether parts of the petition were right, he commented and made a statement that “The Church is of God not the Akindayomi”. He went on to categorically state  the family will never want to challenge Pastor Adeboye’s pastoral authority .Mr Abiodun whose name was mentioned in the letter, is one of the grandsons, and the immediate family suspect some people might have tried to exploit him against Pastor Adeboye for their own selfish interest. Nonetheless, the family have promised to talk to Mr Abiodun Olukowajo who lives in UK (London)

From our dialogue, the Akindayomi family categorically state they regard Pastor Adeboye as a father not just as a spiritual father alone.

Both families ended the meeting on a mutual and respectful note, and all parties went home in peace.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by farolee(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
BIGGIE[b]Thats right, reading between the lines, i feel Adeboye ought to make sure that the widow of the founder is taken care of, and if possible, even the children. Its the least Adeboye can do for them. Afterall he Adeboye cruises around in a private jet with a fleet of cars and a house in Redeemed camp thats as big as Buckingham palace. Its morally wrong to sideline and ignore little things like the personal upkeep of the direct children of the church founder. I forsee a break up of RCCG if Adeboye does not handle this wisely and i pray he does.[/b]

The widow is dead and she was well taken care of when she was alive .As of private jet,you have only seen one private jet the second one is on the way before you see the third one.no man can lay clam to what is happen in Redeem even if the founder were to be alive,he will never try it,because  is God IN ACTION.
Mind you redemption city is on the way.the one you are see is just the camp
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by redsun(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Why do you think those murderfucking preachers excel in nigeria and why politicians get away with the atrocities they commit everyday?Because majority of nigerians are deluded and dumb.They are not as intuitive as common flies.People that are living without initiatives and imaginations,always living in fear and awe of things they should understand.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Biggie9: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
kalokalo:

The only thing I can support is if the late Pa Akindayomi has a surviving widow, then the church should support her till she dies. The kids and grand kids are already pastors in RCCG  so what more do they want.  Pastor Adeboye's kids cannot take over from him when he passes on. The church will continue to be run by someone else. The leadership of a church is not something to be toyed. The Celestial Church of Christ is an example!

If RCCG is registered charity, then it seems this charity only begins and ends in Adeboyes home, with a private jet ,fleet of exotic cars and a 7 in one masion inside Redeemed camp. It will be very unwise for Adeboye to restrict the fruits or benefit of RCCG to his home alone while neglecting that of the founder. Its things like this that make other pastors want to hand over the church to their wife or kids. Adeboye should in the name of good conscience ensure that the founders family at least partake little in what he is enjoying. This will cost him nothing,. End of story.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Sicherheit(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2011
If one more person types "incur God's wrath" in this matter, they will incur my wrath. What nonsense is this? These churches have managed instill fear in people's minds they are afraid to call them out on their rascality. The family obviously knows more than we do about what kind of "entity" RCCG is or they won't be demanding things that suggests RCCG is a regular business/corporation instead of a church.  undecided
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Princek12(m): 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2011
how much will all the stockholders get? Everyday I think about whether I am in the right business.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by freezy(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
A word from the holy scriptures: Matthew 5: 25-26

25 Make friends quickly with your accuser, while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to  the guard, and you be put in prison;  
26 Truly, I say to you, you will never get out till you have paid the last penny.

Shikena
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by redsun(m): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
Pentecostal churches are big businesses just like the vatican.It is all about mind control and living like gods on earth at the expense of the weak,the ignorant,the poor and the gullible.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by dewfun: 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
It is really ridiculous that some faceless individuals want to be using public domain to invoke undue sympathy. As it has been said, Church is not a personal property and I am sure Rev. Akindayomi did not include 'take over' of the church(RCCG) by his family members in his Will if any. His wife was well taken care of before she went to be with the Lord and I think it is shameful that the supposed 'son' or 'children' who are known to have contributed any meaningful thing to the growth of the church, will now be demanding for recognition.  Whoever, wants to be sharer of 'booty' should go a float his organisation. But one thing I am sure of is 'IT IS A HARD THING TO KICK AGAINST THORNS' so be warned!
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by otokx(m): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2011
God has not poured his wrath on all them boko haram people; it is people here he will fire shey? We Nigerians deserve the evil our leaders mete out on us because we do not hold them accountable preferring to leave them to God who is just shaking his head at us.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by HighChief4(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
OMG even the churches have degenerated to the level of Nigeria as a failed state, where there will be a news circulation and a counter-news will emerge to rubbsih the news circulation. This kinda thing is akin to GEJ's 6yrs tenure plan and after sometime he denied it. I can see same is happenin in churches now. I have said it time and again, Nigeria's problem is because we are too religious. Keep waiting for God to come and fix things for you. Keep paying your tithes and fat offerings to these theiving pastors.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Sicherheit(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2011
otokx:

God has not poured his wrath on all them boko haram people; it is people here he will fire shey? We Nigerians deserve the evil our leaders mete out on us because we do not hold them accountable preferring to leave them to God who is just shaking his head at us.
Don't mind them.
Bunch of reeetards undecided
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Refugee1: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2011
I think Adeboye should share the spoils with the Akindayomi's. After all, their father initiated the process which started from mini tempo and blossomed to the present RCCG.

Whoever said church is not big time money making machine should have their head examined. We should just accept the fact that preachers are making huge profits out of the ignorant followers. They exploit the poverty, illiteracy and docile nature of their followers to the fullest. If a member starts going astray, they will use the fear of the holy spirit and witches to keep him in line.

Some people call them men of God and I keep wondering if they are men of God who are we, men of the devil? Some say we shouldn't judge but we witness firsthand their manipulations and we are waiting for God to come like Rambo and flush out the bad eggs. Only illiterates think like that. A literate man has to be capable of rational reasoning.

Bruce Wills said God has left Nigeria in the movie "Tears of the sun" and I think I believe him.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by redsun(m): 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2011
There should be a life long loyalty for that family for having the foresight of founding what turn out to be a multi mllion dollars business.Although,the days of organized religion are numbered,africans will soon wise up to the tricks but in the meantime,the "chaiman" adeboye should settle.

Does the word chairman remind you of anything?Those conversant with 19 might get what i mean.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by pat077: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
mosh_musth:

Church money is like Oil Money, am going to build a church at the backyard of my pa house from now you all should address as Pastor Moshood Mustapha in fews years am going to accumulate A replica of Buckingham palace just like pa adeboye,fleets of cars,2 private jets one for me and the other for my aides, grin and make History by being d first pastor that will marry just 9 wives and 47 children the church members will definately take care of them,  Church Money sweet ooooo b4 I commot my muslim bro and sis I wish you all Ramadan Kareem,  
u got it wrong, u shld rather join boko haram so dat when u die as a suicide bomber u'll have countless virgins in heaven as ur reward.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by FlyboyZee: 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hmm!
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Greenpro: 4:36pm On Aug 02, 2011
The Akin's children had failed to show up their commitment from the beginning that is why they are unheard but want to be recognized when things are now ok
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by dare2think: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
Don 101:

@ mihis , I am quite surprised u are one of those who see God's work as business. Although some folks make biz out of it but it is an error to think every church u see is a biz venture. Take care d way u comment on d things of God cos u may just be inviting on ursef d wrath of God.

********************** A CONCERNED FRIEND ************************

Swonder:

My people (nairalander's) please why you can’t allow God to judge. Never said what is not, okay.

The above is part of the reason our continent is under-developed.  Under-developed minds can not produce a developed country.
Fear has dominated their minds.  The "wrath of God" always seem to be called when addressing the issue "Men of God".   Men just like you and I.

When was the last time God came down to Judge himself? Why cant we wait for God to Judge Boko- Haram while they blow us to pieces?
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by texazzpete(m): 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2011
pm05337:

When it comes to news broadcasting based on facts and the truth, 247 Nigeria news update does not break false news. It is our principle to get only the verified fact out to the public. Recently, there has been a report circulating all over the air about the family of founding pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi, accusing Pastor Adeboye of changing church principles and Marginalization. This publication is untrue and has been verified by the immediate relatives of the Late RCCG founder.

The speculation that the Akindayomi’s want to have a representative elected by the family, in a permanent position on the governing council to  help ensure that the doctrine being taught by the church is in line with the spiritual beliefs of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi is utterly unfounded, according to members of the immediate family,  This has been reported falsely and the Akindayomi’s were NOT aware of the petition signed by Abiodun Olukowajo (also a relative) on behalf of the family.

According to a member of the immediate Akindayomi family, both the Adeboye’s and the Akindayomi’s had a meeting today (1-August-2011) at the redemption camp. During the meeting, Pastor Adeboye and his wife openly discussed with Pa Akindayomi’s family on the circulating petition by Mr Abiodun Olukowajo. After a well mannered meeting the immediate family of the Akindayomi’s made it clear the news had absolutely nothing to do with them and were as shocked as anyone to hear of such allegations. When we asked one of Pa Akindayomi’s son (Baba Alakos) whether parts of the petition were right, he commented and made a statement that “The Church is of God not the Akindayomi”. He went on to categorically state  the family will never want to challenge Pastor Adeboye’s pastoral authority .Mr Abiodun whose name was mentioned in the letter, is one of the grandsons, and the immediate family suspect some people might have tried to exploit him against Pastor Adeboye for their own selfish interest. Nonetheless, the family have promised to talk to Mr Abiodun Olukowajo who lives in UK (London)

From our dialogue, the Akindayomi family categorically state they regard Pastor Adeboye as a father not just as a spiritual father alone.

Both families ended the meeting on a mutual and respectful note, and all parties went home in peace.

But some of these Nigerian pressmen need to be flogged publicly with barbed wire o! How can you call a story 'unfounded' and 'baseless' in one breath and in the other confirm that there was a petition signed by a relative?
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by cloud7: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2011
Unu Ga Egbu Mmadu!!! Yesterday,it was Jehovah Witness,Today is Redeemed, I no fit Laugh!! make I go buy one bottle of Stout to enable me digest all the comments,it reminds me of Ikeber Super and Lagos Weekend magazine[b][/b], grin grin smiley[size=8pt][/size]
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by youngmonie: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2011
People are forgetting obne big fact here, Fine I have been attending reddem for the last 20 yrs, there are certian things people dont understand. If u r in that kind of position God has placed the man ttoday why would you need to steal the churchs  money, when you ahve millionare or even billionairesa at your beck and calling. Another fact: Adeboye has numerous books and  other literatures published by himself, so its not church money  even tho the money goes to the Church, so all this rant about Adeboye stealing money  I just laugh @ times. Fine  the Church  is making  crazy amout of money, but we dont kno how much the Church is spending, people just think ohh Redeem has money!!! And if there one thing im 100% sure of is that all the elders that started the RCCG with Pa Akindayomi are VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!, ALL OF THEM
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Pukkah: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
This reminds me of the story of McDonalds brothers/restaurant and Ray Kroc.

Ray Kroc was the first businessman to apply the principles of mass production in a service industry.
Re: RCCG Founder's Family Wants Election For Pastor Adeboye's Successor by Rastamann: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2011
Are they the owners of the church? Is the founder of a church the owner of such a church? This is a matter that concerns spirituality as such they should pray to God for guidance and intervention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To The "Adeboye's Prayer Saved Osinbajo" Statement / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) / Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.