Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,789 members, 7,802,463 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking (16339 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
I like what GoodWife said.

Foolish Young girls of today call it liberation. Liberation from what really? caring?  undecided
Women are losing their values and by far the saddest part is that they think it is how it should be.

Even me as a man, nothing would stop me from cooking something for me and my babe to eat.
Yet some lazy shameless girls (sleeping in their rooms all day while their mothers are in the kitchen cooking, <smh>wink will say they are "liberated".

Una well done. Because you think life is all about putting on 10 layers of makeup.  undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by emofine(f): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2011
na wa ooo e don start again. . . I'm just waiting for the thread where Naija girls are held responsible for Boko Haram undecided

lefelefu, you see your life . . . you no go blame your mama for borning you too?

lol this rugrat dey look for person trouble every blessed day and the way he concludes his grievances with a  grin all the time only serves to highlight his mischievous delight . . . lol this guy. All for effect sha cool I must admit I kinda dig your threads tongue
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by marcus1234: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by seedord247(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
Una well done. Because you think life is all about putting on 10 layers of makeup.  Undecided   grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by odumchi: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
I think every guy, after a hard day at work appreciates a nice homecooked meal prepared by his wife. Besides not all women are privileged enough to learn how to cook. However it boils down to the husbands decisions.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by nwajay(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
Ok lets say you don't know how to cook for your hubby. What becomes of your kids. Your husband can tell poison from food but dem innocent kids will die from it b4 they are 8.

Its a skill that can be acquired. For all you liberated ladies take a leave for 2 weeks and visit the village and your Grand mums will show you while they had less failed marriages. And show you why they did not have to give their husbands head to keep them.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Demdem(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
I doubt if a woman that doesnt know how to cook will be able to keep a home. such women dont have any business in marriage IMO
besides nothin stop us guys from knowing how to do it also.
i cook very well myself and my wife is just so good. besides she woks also.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by ronkebp(f): 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
armyofone:

oh, sorry dear. i enjoyed mine real good wink.
my mom actually sent me a mortar that i solely use for pounding and washing my beans. so it's easy for me. their beans here is too hard jare grin
i used 2 ata rodo, eggs, small amount of smoked red prawn/crayfish, 1 huge bell pepper (in place of tatashe) for mine.

girl, please o cook you that moin moin

Omo, kai!!!! you dey make my mouth water, infact i will tell that lady how i want it, crayfish is the main thing inside moin-moin, (especially for me), i dey think twice to cook this thing myself, imagine a well prepared one, with gari and cold water, chei!!!! my enemy don suffer!!! wink wink
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by kizito96(m): 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2011
That is why the rate of divorce is high. They come with fake love thinking it begins and end in the bed room. Their mothers also know nothing. Its gabbage in gabbage out
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by whobemumu(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2011
yes a woman is not good for cooking only , she should be ur paddy , ur  helper , partner  everything

but that being  said she should also be able to cook

cos that is one of the ways to keep a man loyal

and it does not mean that becos she can cook u should kill her with cooking requests or with work or to go and bring your village for her to pound yam for !!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
God is originator of marriage.a good wife is described in proverb 31:8-31.good wife should learn how to cook for her family.women are builder of society.they can also tear it down through their reckless behaviour and materialsm.no wonder our society is tearing apart.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
simple question
if the girl cannot cook and she decides to get a house girl(with the help of the husband) to do the cooking,then she comes home one day and house girl has graduated from cooking oga's food to also cooking oga's pipe,will you,the woman who decides to leave the cooking to the house girl have any reason to be angry?if so,why are you angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Aug 22, 2011
armyofone:

oh, sorry dear. i enjoyed mine real good wink.
my mom actually sent me a mortar that i solely use for pounding and washing my beans. so it's easy for me. their beans here is too hard jare  grin
i used 2 ata rodo, eggs, small amount of smoked red prawn/crayfish, 1 huge bell pepper (in place of tatashe) for mine.

girl, please o cook you that moin moin

Ppl should now see why I cant leave you alone, Aside your awesome bedroom skillz you can still cook moinmoin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
dont get me wrong o,I do most of the cooking in my house cos wife is not nigerian and the few naija food she can cook  sometimes dey fear me but that does not stop her from trying.
the woman's place is not the kitchen but a woman who desires a long and peaceful marriage needs to take the kitchen as part of her jurisdiction
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Elpieda: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2011
Cooking does not define a woman. I agree BUT just as a masters degree is an added boost to your career, so is knowing how to cook and added boost to your womanhood. It just adds more to completing you as a woman. Yeah its not the end all be all defining factor for one to consider before getting married but it just goes to show how domesticated you are.

Imagine if a woman not only has a Bachelors degree and masters degree and working in a good company etc, but also knows how to take care of the home front and keep things tidy and is a great cook. Blessed is that woman and worthy to be praised,

Read Proverbs 31

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
whobemumu:

yes a woman is not good for cooking only , she should be your paddy , your  helper , partner  everything

but that being  said she should also be able to cook

cos that is one of the ways to keep a man loyal

and it does not mean that becos she can cook u should kill her with cooking requests or with work or to go and bring your village for her to pound yam for !!!!!!

if a guy is wealthy, does that mean he would always be able to supply new bentleys every 5 minutes upon request?
Everything in moderation, but given equal footing in other things, the wealthier guy will always be chosen over okada man.
-----
Same applies to girls. Trust us, just learn how to cook and save yourself the unneccessary future abashment. Your makeup and tight clothes can only take you so far.
Real men are not mugus. They notice everything about your attitude and your wifey-worthiness.

I say I have entered some homes where the mother comes back from work tired and then enters kitchen again to start cooking for the family when old shameless girls have been at home all day in their rooms painting their nails. When the food is done, they would then stroll majestically to the kitchen to eat. I see this so much (especially here in these yankee-like areas) and any sort of long-term-relationship switch in my mind just gets switched off concerning such girls from that point onwards.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by whobemumu(m): 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
Elpieda:

Cooking does not define a woman. I agree BUT just as a masters degree is an added boost to your career, so is knowing how to cook and added boost to your womanhood. It just adds more to completing you as a woman. Yeah its not the end all be all defining factor for one to consider before getting married but it just goes to show how domesticated you are.

Imagine if a woman not only has a Bachelors degree and masters degree and working in a good company etc, but also knows how to take care of the home front  and keep things tidy and is a great cook. Blessed is that woman and worthy to be praised,

Read Proverbs 31

God bless your parents

and you too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by whiteroses(f): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
sometimes its mistakes. I sabi cook but oneday i cooked for my guy the meal was just off i dint know what happened, we were both silent till we finished hin just dey take coke push am, the poor dude
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by nigerhead(m): 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2011
my 2cents , that a girl must know how to cook does not mean that she must cook all the time: two different things; datz for all you ladies that jump at guys dat complain that girls cant cook.

Well, I would think that majority of the guys will happily help out in the kitchen (I for one would), but if the wife cannot cook simple meals at all, then there is big fire on the mountain.

I would quickly add that majority of the Nigerian girls I have met know how to cook. So maybe the OP has just being unlucky grin.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
nigerhead:

my 2cents , that a girl must know how to cook does not mean that she must cook all the time: two different things; datz for all you ladies that jump at guys dat complain that girls cant cook.

Well, I would think that majority of the guys will happily help out in the kitchen (I for one would), but if the wife cannot cook simple meals at all, then there is big fire on the mountain.

I would quickly add that majority of the Nigerian girls I have met know how to cook. So maybe the OP has just being unlucky grin.

, in naija
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by switch47(m): 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
-----just wondering  sha, and which would men prefer. a wife good in bed and bad cook or a good cook that is rubbish in bed.

- naijahood !!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by nigerhead(m): 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
2buff:

,  in naija

in the UK, but na mostly girls, wey come study for here frm Naija. I knw some britco-naija girlz that can also really cook.

switch47:

-----just wondering  sha, and which would men prefer. a wife good in bed and bad cook or a good cook that is rubbish in bed.

- naijahood !!

good question, anyone she cant do well, she go learn am small-small. I personally aint looking for a STEPFORD wife. As long as she wants to get better at whichever one, then no problems with me, we hv a lifetime together cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Jimbaz7(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
People take things like this for granted and at the end of the day, start looking for what or whom to blame when the after effect occur. A woman once delegated cooking in the house to the househelp the cook. One day the man came home and was served a very delicious meal, of course made by the househelp. The man ate and praised and praised and praised the girl.  There was only one thing the man did not praise the girl for and your guess is as good as mine. The girl being young and pretty for matter. It was then that the woman realised that the praises should have been for her and may turn into something else if she play ignorance and refuse to do her work as a wife. The danger was so obvious. The woman realised that and saw the need to make adjustments.
What will you do as a woman if this is happening with your visitors at the table? Will you shamelessly join to rain praises or what?
Anyway the choice is to play with fire!People take things like this for granted and at the end of the day, start looking for what or whom to blame when the after effect occur. A woman once delegated cooking in the house to the househelp the cook. One day the man came home and was served a very delicious meal, of course made by the househelp. The man ate and praised and praised and praised the girl.  There was only one thing the man did not praise the girl for and your guess is as good as mine. The girl being young and pretty for matter. It was then that the woman realised that the praises should have been for her and may turn into something else if she play ignorance and refuse to do her work as a wife. The danger was so obvious. The woman realised that and saw the need to make adjustments.
What will you do as a woman if this is happening with your visitors at the table? Will you shamelessly join to rain praises or what?
Anyway the choice is to play with fire!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^Tell dem!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by chika98: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
I've heard something different. They say women cook in order to "trap" men or get their attention.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2011
A LOT of things come into play when getting a guy's attention (and keeping it).
While it isn't only about cooking, the girl knowing how to cook CERTAINLY helps. ([b]At least [/b]30%)

A girl trying to get a guy's attention (and keep it) can only be benefited by being able to cook.
Tight dresses can only go so far and their novelty dies off FAST.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by chika98: 9:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
I'm sure cooking has its perks. To each its own
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Roland17(m): 10:04pm On Aug 22, 2011
@goodwife
Its a pity ladies like u are becoming rare species. God bless you.
I beg to differ. I am a woman and I think that it is the responsibility of women to cook. If you are a working wife, yes your hubby can help but pls ladies, don't tell them to go and cook themselves. Anybody that does not want to cook for her husband should stay in her parents house eee. Please don't get married.

Go and learn how to cook now before it is too late. Women liberation no reach for this one eee.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by MrAwsome: 10:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
[table]aha! it made home page eh.

please we are moving forward into the 22nd century (with education and jobs), stop drawing us back with pot, plate, spoon, mortar and pestle and kitchen stuff/utensils).[/table]

even in the bible days good women like the virteous woman
"Proverbs 31:14
She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

31:15
She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

31:16
She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

31:17
She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

31:18
She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

31:19
She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

31:20
She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

31:21
She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

31:22
She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

31:23
Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

31:24
She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

31:25
Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

31:26
She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

31:27
She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

31:28
Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

" despite her inumerable talents still knew how to cook good food for her "drunk" husband.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by udbyron1(m): 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
source undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 10:16pm On Aug 22, 2011
Preach on my brother while i deal with this Oxtail stew with rice and atarodo moin moin and dey wash am down with Cold Smirnoff Ice.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by udbyron1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
source undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kfc In Nigeria / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. / I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.