Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking (16340 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by yabadabado: 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
ME  THINK GETTING MARRIED FOR THE GUYS IN THE FUTURE WILL BE REALLY EASY FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF BOIZ

u know those that u want to joke around with and the one that u want to be stick to,

I HAVE ALWAYS AGREED WITH THE NOTION THAT THOSE UNILAG GIRLS SHOULD START TAKING A  CORE COURSE IN HOME KEEPING OR MARRIAGE KEEPING AS AGAINST  A BRIEF ONE LIKE HOME ECONOMIC

as if the sex would still be first class 20 years into the marriage .
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
As for me, i like food well well. If my wife is nt a good cook we will hav problems. 1. I will go out everytime and eat good food outside. 2. I will also take my friends wit me wen eva they come visitin to eat outside. 3. Wen eva she prepares food for me i will nt eat because she nor sabi cook. @all. If u r one of d girls above dat insisted dt a man shud go into d kitchen and cook for himself. U r plannin ur marriage FAILURE already. Take it or leave it.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Misbee(f): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
i gt pissed of each time hear dat a lady does nt knw hw 2 cook.chei!.so,y r dey ladies?Den no born u wel 4 ma haus.datz y i trust masef once there is moni 4 d ingredient.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by chimauzo1(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
Many home are broken today,because of the inability of the woman to cook.Several family in Nigeria leaves the housemaids to oversee the affairs in the kitchen, forgeting that their daughters as well as sons need to learn how to cook, that is why many ladies can only prepare INDOMIE and TEA.Ladies,I'm advising,IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK, GO AND LEARN NOW.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Natasha2(f): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2011
gosh who is this one again na, Nigerian girls this, Nigerian girls that omg wtf undecided undecided first of all poster you are a blodddddyyyyyyyyy liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and a cold blooded liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry angry angry the girls who know how to cook greatly outweigh those who don't even in secondary school, in the whole of my class I was the only girl who didn't know how to cook cheesy ,] and seriously get a life you know why? there are billions of men out there who are more than ready to marry a girl who can't cook, cooking is no guarantee for a good home
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by AmeboAjela(f): 11:53pm On Aug 22, 2011
Odumchi:Why do you think Oprah is still single?

Ermm!!! I know the answer o! Wait! , Yes the answer is BECAUSE SHE CANT COOK!
Satisfied? Ever heard the name Steadman before? Well his relationship with Oprah is more than 10yrs and by choice both of them didnt get married. With her busy schedule she still takes time out once in a while to cook for Steadman. I only mentioned it on my earlier post to buttress a point that people who don't cook are not irresponsible
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by AmeboAjela(f): 11:58pm On Aug 22, 2011
Whats with all this throwing of tantrum about girls not knowing how to cook. Abi dem cut your hands too? You meet a girl or two that cant cook and you generalize it. The majority of Nigerian girls, ladies, women can cook and can cook dam good. So make we hear word! This topic was open to start this type of noise, I am yet to see a Nigerian girl that can not cook so it means they are not in the majority
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by citous(m): 12:01am On Aug 23, 2011
A lousy cook doesn't paint a good picture of a good upbringing, at least in the eyes of a typical Nigerian man. This in more cases than one is not really true. Some people cant just seem to get it right for a reason or another. So dont begrudge them, guys; take your time to patiently teach them or find someone who can teach them.
My ex who is is Asian was a lousy cook. I took time to teach her and after 3 yrs of relationship, her soups could pass for a naija cooking. This is where willingness to learn and patience from the two parties involved plays a big role.
The first time I cooked was the worst soup I have ever seen. All the ingredients were in a battle of 'do not touch your neighbor'. It took me a while to learn and am still learning, but am an above average cook at the moment. Now, I derive pleasure in cooking for my dates whenever the opportunity arises. If my date does same, na solid brownie point for her. Cos what matters more to me is the thought more than the result.

Our ladies, please learnt to cook. Its not a deal breaker but it sure goes a long way in making a better wife, mother and companion.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 23, 2011
@ all ya siding girls who cant cook, don't u know its synonymous with premature ejaculation in a male!!! Its not so good, when a girl don't cook right.

i mean!!!, now, u want me to make d money, go to the market, then cook!!!, what next?!!, make your hair shocked
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by otodeluxe(m): 12:14am On Aug 23, 2011
Lets keep oprah's own aside. But why do we like copying others people culture? This thing might continue divide us ie we dont change o. I was born to see my mum cook for the whole family and we used to enjoy it and mind you i think the name fastfood means quick food where you dont have time to cook maybe in the morning or as the case may be not when you dont know how to cook. I cant marry a woman that doesnt know how to satisfy me by cooking Wella!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 23, 2011
i prefer home cooked food( by a good cook) to any eatery!!! (except munchies!!!) grin, and wednesday lunch call food @ my former place of work
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by toyemz(f): 12:22am On Aug 23, 2011
sorry oh
I am Nigerian and i can cook
very well
so this disbunks your claim right?
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by braine(m): 12:24am On Aug 23, 2011
I seriously don't like threads in the front page these days
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by OkparaIgbo: 12:29am On Aug 23, 2011
Why am i not suprised the thread was from lefu lefu, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Whatever that means in Yoruba

Did he mean Yoruba girls cant cook
Please ooh Igbo girls can cook well not all but majority tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Obinoscopy(m): 12:30am On Aug 23, 2011
My wife must be a good cook. I love my stomach thus if my wife wants to win my heart, she must win my stomach.My wife must be a good cook. I love my stomach thus if my wife wants to win my heart, she must win my stomach.My wife must be a good cook. I love my stomach thus if my wife wants to win my heart, she must win my stomach.My wife must be a good cook. I love my stomach thus if my wife wants to win my heart, she must win my stomach.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Lax75(m): 1:11am On Aug 23, 2011
Ladies, do you find a guy who can cook "selgzy?"
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by nep2ra(m): 2:06am On Aug 23, 2011
With the high level of irresponsibility these Nigerians girls are showing in the cooking department, it wouldn't come as a surprise if they go into extinction very soon. I have a white girlfriend from Eastern Europe and she can cook nearly all the Nigerian dishes I know of VERY WELL.
You are a woman and a Nigerian one at that. Stop forming liberal feminist and learn how to cook. Omolo!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by chika98: 4:04am On Aug 23, 2011
Lax75:

Ladies, do you find a guy who can cook "selgzy?"

Sexy isn't just about knowing how to cook. it is much more than that. A lot of people here aren't open minded enough to see past
this. A woman who can cook is a wonderful thing but there's so much to a relationship than cooking a nice meal, s.e. . . x, looking nice.
These are enough to attract but will that keep a relationship? But then again everyone's got a different priority and
they all differ so one man's meat is another poison.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Outstrip(f): 4:34am On Aug 23, 2011
How many men single handedly provide for their families. the lodest ones are the ones that the women are not only cooking for them but they are also paying for the groceries and every other bill in the house. Silly thread. Don't go and learn to cook. Wait for the woman.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Ikoteyogrl(f): 5:30am On Aug 23, 2011
If you have a housewife then cooking for the house is part of her job. The husband works and the wife take care of the home. But the truth is that men and women are working now so they should both cook. I hope you do not expect your wife to come home from work to cook for you then you are on another planet. Any woman who's husband is so handicapped that he will starve than go in the kitchen and make himself a meal is headed down the divorce path. Men need to get it together, if you do not have a wife, who will cook for you sha.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by DaDoctor: 8:07am On Aug 23, 2011
^^NOT ALL OF THEM ,MOST DONT KNOW HOW TO COOK, HOW TO KEEP THE HOUSE, BUT THEY ARE GOOD AT F-U-C-K-KING^^

LITTLE WONDER MOST OF THEM DONT STAY LONG IN THEIR HUBBYS HOUSE. IN IGBO LAND IT IS A TABOO FOR A LADY , BUT SOME TRIBES MAY NOT WORRY

GUYS!!!! BE AT ALERT BEFORE U TAKE HER IN BECAUSE AN IGBO PROVERB SAYS 'AGWA BU NMA NWANYI'
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by buJu234: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2011
from some of the females comments; i can see the reason why a friend of mine still go to his mother house weekend lunch & dinner even after
having 2 kids with his current wife,

yes women have other better things to offer apart 4rm cooking but, plz make una still try dey cook
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by brainpulse: 8:42am On Aug 23, 2011
NO man will ever marry someone that doest know how to cook. Anyman that will do that is only marrying you for your money even not your beauty.
Ladies get fooled easily thinking a man will not mind marrying her if she doesnt know how to cook good meals. After awhile the man starts eating outside the home and the unexpected starts happening, that is the reason why they fall into problems before marriage and after marriage and you see them every where going for deliverance.
A woman is a complete failure if with all her education she can not offer her best in the kitchen, she will be a disappointment to her children if housemaid will do the cooking.

There is a part of men that ladies do not know, that men are easily turned on when they see there wives cooking good meal often times (Men's secrete).
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by brainpulse: 8:52am On Aug 23, 2011
Okay if you say there is no need for you to know how to cook and women her not born wit pots, spoon blaaaaa.

How many of you can marry a man that do not Know how to bedmatics (impotent)?
How many can marry a man that doesnt want to work?

You want the man to work, after work ,eat junk meals and go to the kitchen.

foul foul foul faoooooooooo.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Demdem(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2011
Natasha,,:

gosh who is this one again na, Nigerian girls this, Nigerian girls that omg wtf  undecided undecided first of all poster you are a blodddddyyyyyyyyy liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and a cold blooded liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   angry angry angry the girls who know how to cook greatly outweigh those who don't even in secondary school, in the whole of my class I was the only girl who didn't know how to cook  cheesy ,] and seriously get a life you know why? [b]there are billions of men out there who are more than ready to marry a girl who can't cook, cooking is no guarantee for a good home [/b]

and for how long? yes i agree it isnt a gurantee but you wont doubt that its an ingredient to a healthy home.

AmeboAjela:

Whats with all this throwing of tantrum about girls not knowing how to cook. Abi dem cut your hands too?  You meet a girl or two that cant cook and you generalize it. The majority of Nigerian girls, ladies, women can cook and can cook dam good. So make we hear word! This topic was open to start this type of noise, I am yet to see a Nigerian girl that can not cook so it means they are not in the majority

no one is saying all ladies but i disagree with you that the majority knows how to cook. my sister, things are getting worse by the day in that aspect. one of these days if u are in Nigeria, visit one of the many divorce courts in Lagos and begin to hear the nasty reasons why peeps are divorcing.

Ikoteyogrl:

If you have a housewife then cooking for the house is part of her job. The husband works and the wife take care of the home. But the truth is that men and women are working now so they should both cook. I hope you do not expect your wife to come home from work to cook for you then you are on another planet. Any woman who's husband is so handicapped that he will starve than go in the kitchen and make himself a meal is headed down the divorce path. Men need to get it together, if you do not have a wife, who will cook for you sha.

i think the issue here is to identify whose primary responsibility is to cook in the home. having identified that, all other things will fall into place. we have various gadgets and equipments (microwave, refrigerator, dish washer etc) nowadays that makes cooking less stressful and fun u know so please gone are those days of the excuse you gave up there.
I did say earlier that my wife works and she is also a good cook and cook regularly even after her work hours (not all the time and i understand that because i want her to live long). i do cook myself  but she recognizes the fact that his her responsibility.

we all should begin to learn from our parents to understand what the secrets were that made their marriages so successful and blissfull. you will be surprise that little little things like this goes a long way.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by eggo: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2011
if ur wife no fit cook, teach am or look 4 person wey go teach am make u 4 dey chop 4 house o,
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Effiko(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2011
dem naija gals don dey too lazy joor
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by mjconcept(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2011
@goodwife u speak like a true breed naija girl keep it up this is why i fear this gender equality of a thing,i know many of u will call me names.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by emmatok(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2011
Even the Western Women, our Nigerian Girls are coping still cooks well for their BF/Husband.

But trust our Nigerian Girls, the will only see Paris Hilton and Britney as models.

When we better women like, Hillary Clinton and Michel Obama.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by BABE3: 9:56am On Aug 23, 2011
I'm gonna divert from the topic a lil' bit (OP is not even worth answering in the first place).

Learning how to cook ought to be something that EVERYBODY (males, females, and everyone in-between) should know how to do! It's not a male or female thing (I'm not trying to throw the gender equality card--I'm just saying the fact).

Cooking is a process that leads to providing us of one the main component that keeps us alive--FOOD!

Cooking is required for survival, so anyone shouldn't have an excuse for not knowing how to cook what they can eat. #Justsaying.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by santafe(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2011
I can't stand a lady who does not know how to cook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kfc In Nigeria / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. / I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.