Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking (16350 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^ I dey gbadun dis guy yahns grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by bittatruth(m): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2011
Beyonce has no shame.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by jackpot(f): 7:35pm On Aug 24, 2011
As for me, the lady I will marry must know how to cook. .If not yet, then she must enrol in a cook-coaching school. .I can't endure coming back from a tiring day at work only to eat a jollof rice full of salt! God forbid shocked cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 8:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
jackpot:

As for me, the lady I will marry must know how to cook. .If not yet, then she must enrol in a cook-coaching school. .I can't endure coming back from a tiring day at work only to eat a jollof rice full of salt! God forbid shocked cheesy

***JACKPOT*** AS UR NAME IS, SO U ARE, U HIT THE NAIL ON THE TORSO, LMAO, BUT IF NA SALT E 4 GUD, WAT IF U CHOP DIFFERENT VERSION OF INDOMIE 4 1 WEEK(indomie+chicken, indomie pepper soup, indomie vegetable flavor, indomie bla bla bla, lol) OR EATRY FOOD WEY DEM MICROWAVE,
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
I find my soul can only really bless my woman after she makes an awesome meal for me out of love.
I have no control over this deep urge to bless her after this. It just happens. grin

I think men were just designed that way cuz Isaac required Esau to go and cook beta cooking for him before he could grant him his final blessings (Which Jacob sharply kolobi'd) cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
2buff:

I find my soul can only really bless my woman after she makes an awesome meal for me out of love.
I have no control over this deep urge to bless her after this. It just happens.  grin

I think men were just designed that way cuz Isaac required Esau to go and cook beta cooking for him before he could grant him his final blessings (Which Jacob sharply kolobi'd)  cheesy

abi oo broda 2buff, even wen u wan come to God back in those days, u must first go roast goat, abi una 4get sey na the sweet smell of the better asun(barbecue) wey abel do make God begin dey ask for cain hand??, lol
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
Now that you mention it, it really is true.
It's funny how God leaves some little little things/behaviors in us by which we can reference to understand Him better. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Macavelius(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
For goodness sake, ladies must know how to cook, even if not for their husbands, how will they provide for their children.
I feel sorry for the next generation of young girls if we have ladies on NL displaying their usual arrogance that knowing how to cook is not necessary.

Ladies please learn how to cook if you're not taught at home, please ask people to teach you better still enrol in a cooking class it is for your own good.

Thank goodness, as a guy I can cook and I expect my lady to be as good as me if not better.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Natasha2(f): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
lefulefu:

ng
many modern naija girls nowardays really dont know how to cook.all they are interested in is eating junk food.this is one reason when we naija men ask them out they beg us to carry them to mister biggs and mcdonalds grin
that's not true
ochukoccna:

Na food be that?

Billions of men? shocked shocked shocked shocked
How many people are really on the planet, About 7 billion.
How many of them are grown men within the lady's reach? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
How many men of marriageable age can a lady attract in her life time? undecided undecided undecided
Drop the billions, I believe you get the drift.

Truly no was born to cook, but there are traditional roles even in all of our imported modernity, I cook may choose to help out wifey in the kitchen yet I expect her [and I believe most men do] to supervise the kitchen arrangements. All those jokes about the housemaid taking over and warming Madam's bed start with little issues like cooking.
When last did anyone listen to LADY by FELA
All this more, Abami E don prophesy
My sister is British educated, she cooks for her husband even with her accent
Many of us grew up to see her mothers, sisters, aunties, grandmothers cooking for their husbands even though they had maids to help out
This cooking sessions were bonding sessions where knowledge and skills passed down
Yorubas say 'Olobe lo ni oko'
Why do think Calabar women are said to have the lowest divorce rates in Nigeria?
If true, I believe it has to do with two notable skills Calabar ladies are brought up to possess
I leave you to go figure what they are
Even God showed up in His pre-incarnate form to sample Sarah's cooking- Gen18

[b]@ the billions thingny duh even a fool knows i didn't mean that literally

leave Calabar women out of this cos they are known for their bedmatics and cooking, why should the poster say trash cos who ever he met cannot cook? go to villages and see if young girls their cannot cook, you can even go to schools whether in urban or rural area if you like, my point is the girls who know how to cook outweigh those who don't and secondly, there are greater values in a woman than knowing how to cook, true a woman should be able to cook not just for her husband but for her self, but will it hurt if the husband also cooks? cooking should not be pushed to a woman, in my home my mum practically forces my brother to learn how to cook even if sometimes its against his will. lastly If I were a man nothing will stop me from marrying a girl who cannot cook you know why? its simple? knowing how to cook is something that is easily acquired, unlike some other stuff which and adult may find difficult to learn its quite easy, how many minutes did it take me to learn how to cook vegetable soup? egusi soup? fried rice? and afam soup? . Any man who wouldn't marry a woman cos she doesn't know how to cook is not a man he's a boyyyyyy.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^ And thus another display of selfish, immature youth.
~That "for a man to choose not to marry <blah blah blah> = ME means he is a boy and not a man, no matter how unfit for marriage life I am."
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Natasha2(f): 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2011
2buff:

^^ And thus another display of selfish, immature youth.
~That "for a man to choose not to marry <blah blah blah> = ME means he is a boy and not a man, no matter how unfit for marriage life I am."

oh please don't call me immature or selfish just because our views don't tally
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^ And don't reduce grown a$$ Men to "boys" just because you haven't stayed around long enough to figure out what grown a$$ men want in a woman yet.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Dblank(f): 11:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
@lefulefu dont generalise ok.I am an excellent cook,all my sisters are good as well,cos our mom thought us ow to good good food,just because a nigerian girl cooked you rubbish doesnt mean all other girls are trash,watch it u hear wink
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2011
@all i dont think the guy was refering to all nigerian girls, my sisters can cook ooo, lol, @natasha dat reminds am still waiting for ur reply ooo, as regards benin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by kinguy(m): 10:24pm On Aug 26, 2011
Ok, i kno al d@ fire havent been discovered then, and there wasnt anythin like spoon and pots bla bla bla, i know. Just tyinna blend d topic. Bt if u look am guy some small sence dey there now
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by lawalrahm(f): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2011
SMH! D fact dt oprah doesn't cook does nt mean she does nt knw Hw to! Who tell u say oprah no dey cook! I am a modern day woman, love Educatn nd career bt wth do u mean by a lady who doesn't knw Hw to cook!
As a lady, it is ur responsibility to cook for ur hubby. Y wld I wnt to go nd waste money in chinese restaurant Whn I can sit @ Hme nd mk mine @ less cost. If u can't cook as a lady, then u r on ur own Whn ur bobo commot wey im no cme bck!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 04, 2011
markolini:
@all i dont think the guy was refering to all nigerian girls, my sisters can cook ooo, lol, @natasha dat reminds am still waiting for your reply ooo, as regards benin

Na my hope o. There is some truth I would think. It's one of two things sha.
1. Fewer girls excel in the kitchen these days
OR
2. Them fit perform for kitchen but choose outside food.

Some of us still dey cook, so there shouldn't be any generalizations.

Waiting for the "Men And Their Lazy Work Ethics" thread to pop up any day now. You think say na only some girls wey dey carry last these days? undecided
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by DaDoctor: 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2011
ogugua88:

Na my hope o. There is some truth I would think. It's one of two things sha.
1. Fewer girls excel in the kitchen these days
OR
2. Them fit perform for kitchen but choose outside food.

Some of us still dey cook, so there shouldn't be any generalizations.

Waiting for the "Men And Their Lazy Work Ethics" thread to pop up any day now. You think say na only some girls wey dey carry last these days? undecided

Yes everyone can cook. BUT NOT EVERYONE CAN COOK GOOD AND EDIBLE FOOD!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Michaelmogu(m): 3:53pm On May 11, 2012
Its very shameful wen ladies brag with their inadequacies. For God's sake we r nigerians,we av cultures and traditions. Making a case for ladies who cant cook is like makin a case for a man who cant satisfy his wife in bed. Haba my ppl lets learn to do tins right
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Deschil: 6:25pm On May 13, 2012
Sun of god: Dont blame the women - blame the parents for not raising them well.

As far as i'm concerned a decent girl should know how to cook and farm!!

If she can also hunt then that would be a bonus.

undecided U no well! How about catching lions with her bare hands?! All this wild olumo rock dwellers that escaped into town. SMH
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by mamagee3(f): 8:48pm On May 23, 2012
I think it's high time nigerian men become civilized.

Nobody is born with a pot and pan, men should also be able to cook, that's why everyone studied economics and cooking classes in school.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by merge(f): 4:39pm On May 25, 2012
Despite knowing how to cook, cooking is bad for your health anyways. I stick with natural foods anytime anyday.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by mimi321(f): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
women are not born with pot, spoon and stove. better to go into the kitchen and cook. stop equating being a woman to mean cooking.

u said it thank u. keep doing your thing
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by mimi321(f): 10:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
odumchi:

Why do you think Oprah is still single?

she is single becoz of d abuse she went thru and she kinda does not trust men anymore so u see this Oprah thing is totally different from this topic
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 19, 2012
nep2ra: With the high level of irresponsibility these Nigerians girls are showing in the cooking department, it wouldn't come as a surprise if they go into extinction very soon. I have a white girlfriend from Eastern Europe and she can cook nearly all the Nigerian dishes I know of VERY WELL.
You are a woman and a Nigerian one at that. Stop forming liberal feminist and learn how to cook. Omolo!

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by tosinerinle(f): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2013
armyofone: women are not born with pot, spoon and stove. better to go into the kitchen and cook. stop equating being a woman to mean cooking.
Don't be deceived cooking is one of the core values of gud woman
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by princelyjesse: 5:43am On Apr 28, 2016
Ladytemi:

Could not have said it any better. The worth of a woman does not rely only on her ability to cook, there is nothing wrong with you cooking for yourself.
so so sorry ladytemi. what worth is a woman who can not make for husband good cook. is it to have sex or to support with money? you got it wrong my sister. the topic here is cooking. and the other two I mentioned sex and money, women can't do better. sex, those women that can not cook can not satisfy him with sex too and they are greedy with money.
so tell me what's their worth? they lost it from home while still with their mother.
if your mother was good cook, you will be one also. and if you're, you will agree with me that while in the kitchen with mummy, some vital conversation ensure between daughter and mother about her future home and mother at those point becomes girls with their daughter and any conversation and question can come up make the daughter a better girl, woman and wife.
A woman who can not cook good food, lost that part or maybe mummy also na yaye fowl. sorry to have used that language.
love you cheesy
Ladytemi:

Could not have said it any better. The worth of a woman does not rely only on her ability to cook, there is nothing wrong with you cooking for yourself.
so so sorry ladytemi. what worth is a woman who can not make for husband good cook. is it to have sex or to support with money? you got it wrong my sister. the topic here is cooking. and the other two I mentioned sex and money, women can't do better. sex, those women that can not cook can not satisfy him with sex too and they are greedy with money.
so tell me what's their worth? they lost it from home while still with their mother.
if your mother was good cook, you will be one also. and if you're, you will agree with me that while in the kitchen with mummy, some vital conversation ensure between daughter and mother about her future home and mother at those point becomes girls with their daughter and any conversation and question can come up make the daughter a better girl, woman and wife.
A woman who can not cook good food, lost that part or maybe mummy also na yaye fowl. sorry to have used that language.
love you
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by princelyjesse: 5:51am On Apr 28, 2016
mamagee3:
I think it's high time nigerian men become civilized.

Nobody is born with a pot and pan, men should also be able to cook, that's why everyone studied economics and cooking classes in school.
shame shame is what I will say to you.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by princelyjesse: 5:58am On Apr 28, 2016
GoodWife:

I beg to differ. I am a woman and I think that it is the responsibility of women to cook. If you are a working wife, yes your hubby can help but pls ladies, don't tell them to go and cook themselves. Anybody that does not want to cook for her husband should stay in her parents house eee. Please don't get married.

Go and learn how to cook now before it is too late. Women liberation no reach for this one eee.

let me add to your name or change it. U are virtuous woman.
as a woman is good in the kitchen that how she is on bed. QED.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
[quote author=Ladytemi post=8835323]

Could not have said it any better. The worth of a woman does not rely only on her ability to cook, there is nothing wrong with you cooking for yourself.[/quote

he is among dos men dat dont know how to satisfy a woman in bed dick d size of a new born boy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
fishmanjoe:
I wonder what this country is turning to, wither our culture? Im surprised that some ladies are defending others who doesnt know how to cook, basically a responsible lady must know how to cook or she will loose her home, nothing is wrong if the husband assist though, but if you dont know how to cook, how do u teach your children? Are you teaching them to be going to fast food joints, no wonder cancer is prevalent in our society, The wives of billionaire legal luminaries of blessed memories like F.R.A Williams, (SAN) Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) does the cooking for their husbands even staff!, who are you not to know how to cook good food for your husband?, better go back to your village to learn cooking and dont give your children cancer, diabetes etc with the junk foods laced with artificial spices, GOD SAVE NIGERIA!

Nobody is defending those dat cant cook,all we are saying is stop sterophying it. All d male chefs winning awards have dicks btw dier legs. Cooking is like driving,its easy to learn.all u nid is practice evryday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kfc In Nigeria / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. / I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.