Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,011 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:25 AM

Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown (33413 Views)

Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN / My Testimony, My Survival (Graphic Images) / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by omoalaro: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
frosbel (m)« #26 on: Yesterday at 08:34:18 PM »

Jesus Christ is not DEAD, he is ALIVE forever more ,after offering himself for the sins of mankind ONCE and forever and for those who come to GOD through HIM.

Frosbel, I still insist that what happened to Jesus was an attempted murder and Jesus never wanted to die. He even tried to avert it. He actually planned a military defence to ward it off and a spiritual defence in form of prayers to God to “let this cup pass over me”.

What you believed as crucifixion was actually cruci-fiction and the greatest lie of Christianity as described by the topic poster. Let us start from this.
AROUND THE TABLE
On the eve of the Passover Feast, Jesus and his twelve disciples are seated around a huge Table with their host — the "beloved disciple", whose name also happened to be JOHN.

MARCH INTO JERUSALEM
Jesus (pbuh) made his triumphant royal entry into Jerusalem at the head of an excited and enthusiastic following, with high hopes of establishing the "Kingdom of God" any minute; riding a donkey to fulfil prophecy (Zechariah 9:9) –
Tell ye the daughter of Zion, behold, thy KING cometh. . .
sitting upon an a55. . .
And a great multitude spread their garments. . .
and branches in the way. . .
and the multitude cried, saying,
"Hosanna to the SON OF DAVID. . .
Hosanna in the highest . . ."
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 21:5-9
Let Luke the beloved physician, add his strokes to clarify the picture.
". . . because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should IMMEDIATELY appear"-
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 19:11

HEAVENLY KINGDOM
"But those mine enemies, who would not that I should REIGN over them, bring them hither, and SLAY them before me"-
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 19:27.
. . . Blessed be the KING who cometh in the name of the Lord. . .
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 19:38.

And John adds that the excited throng exclaimed —
"Hosanna!
Blessed is the KING of ISRAEL, that cometh in the name of the Lord"-
(HOLY BIBLE) John 12:13.
"The Pharisees said. . . Behold, the world is gone (mad) after him (Jesus)"-
(HOLY BIBLE) John 12:21.
"NOW is the judgement of this world; N-O-W shall the prince of this world be CAST OUT"-
(HOLY BIBLE) John 12:31.
Who would withstand such heady-wine of impending glory? Little wonder that Jesus was tempted physically to oust those that bought and sold within the temple precincts. He overthrew the money-changer's tables and drove them out with a "whip of cords"-(John 2:15).

AN ABORTED COUP
The overthrow of the Temple Authority was imminent, and a forerunner to the expulsion of the Romans, heralding the "Kingdom of God." But alas his high hopes did not materialise. The whole performance fizzled out like a damp squib, despite all the "Hosannas" and hoorays to the "Son of David" and the "King of Israel." All this ballyhoo was only forty years premature. Jesus had failed to heed the warning of the Pharisees to curb the over exuberance of his disciples (Luke 19:39). He had miscalculated. Now he must pay the price of failure. His nation was not ready for any sacrifice, in spite of all their infantile clamour.

JEWISH REASONING
The Jewish leaders reasoned that this one man had almost brought the nation to destruction. Therefore,
"It is expedient for one man to die for the nation –
(HOLY BIBLE) John 11:50.
But with all the mass hysteria surrounding him, it was also NOT expedient to apprehend Jesus in public. They waited for the opportunity of a clandestine arrest. As luck would have it they found in Judas, an elected disciple of Jesus (pbuh), a traitor who would sell his Lord and Master for thirty miserable pieces of silver.

JUDAS WAS DISGRUNTLED
In the opinion of Christian divines it was the greed of gold which enticed Judas to do his dastardly deed. But he had more money-sense then the Christians gave him credit for. As a purser for the elect group of Jesus he had endless opportunities of pinching pennies permanently. Why jeopardise that for all times for 30 paltry pieces? There is more to that than meets the eye. Judas was disgruntled, after all those mass demonstrations on Jesus' regal entry into Jerusalem — those hot out-pourings of: "The HOUR is come — and NOW is — the Prince of this World will be CAST OUT — I should REIGN over them — bring them HITHER and SLAY THEM before me." Jesus had now developed cold-feet. If only Jesus could be provoked, he might react with miracles, and bring down fire and brimstones from Heaven upon his enemies; and, of course, the legions of angels (which he boasted were at his disposal), which would enable him and his disciples to rule the world.
From close contact with the Master, he had learned that Jesus was kind, tender and loving. But, he was not a mealy-mouthed man; he was no milk-and-water Messiah. But Judas could not understand the "hot and cold" blowings of Jesus. Perhaps if Jesus was accosted, he would yet deliver the goods. To this end Judas schemed.

THE TRAITOR KNOWN
The furtive looks and the suspicious behaviour of Judas had revealed everything to Jesus (pbuh). He did not need the Holy Ghost to interpret the misgivings in Judas’s mind. At the Table in the Upper-room where Jesus and his disciples were having that "Last Supper", Jesus dismissed Judas with the words:
". . . What thou doest, do quickly."
(HOLY BIBLE) John 13:27
And Judas took off to put the seal on the deal to the stab-in-the-back.

PREPARATION FOR WAR
POLICY CHANGE
Jesus will not be a sitting-duck for a clandestine arrest by the Jews. He prepares his disciples for the impending showdown. Discreetly, so as not to frighten his disciples, he introduces the subject of defence. Gently he begins:
"When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye anything?" And they said, "Nothing" Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath no purse, let him take it, and likewise his bag; and he that hath no SWORD, let him sell his garment and buy one!"
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 22:35-36
This is a preparation for War, a Holy War — Jews against Jews! Why! Why this somersault? Did he not advise them to "turn the other cheek"; "to forgive seventy times seven" (70 x 7 = 490)? Did he not send his chosen Twelve with the advice:
"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye, therefore, as wise as serpents, (?) and as harmless as doves."
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 10:16

TO ARMS! TO ARMS!
The situation and the circumstance have changed and as with any wise and able general, the strategy must also change. The disciples were already armed. They had some foresight. They had not left Galilee with bare knuckles. They responded:
". . . Lord, behold, here are two SWORDS." And he said unto them, "It is enough".
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 22:38
The missionary, so as to retain the impression of the "meek and gentle Jesus", "the Prince of Peace", pleads that the SWORDS were spiritual! If the swords were spiritual, then the "garments" must also be spiritual. If the disciples of Jesus were to sell their SPIRITUAL garments to buy SPIRITUAL swords, in that case they would all become SPIRITUALLY Unclad! Furthermore, one does not lop off peoples physical ears with spiritual swords —
"And, behold, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his SWORD, and
struck a servant of the high priests, and cut off his ear."
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26:51
The only purpose of swords or guns is to maim and to kill. People did not carry swords to pare apples and bananas in the time of Christ.

WHY COUPLE OF SWORDS ENOUGH?
If this was a preparation for war, then why should two swords be "enough"? The reason is that Jesus was not contemplating a battle against the legions of Rome. Since his "friend" Judas was in league with the Temple authorities, he was expecting a clandestine, underhand attempt by the Jewish oligarchy to seize him. It would be a question of Jews against Jews. In such a battle against the Jewish temple servants and the riff-raff of the town, he would prevail. Of that he was sure. He had with him Peter (the Rock) and John and James (the sons of Thunder) together with the other eight, each vying with one another to go to prison for him; to die for him. 1 These were all Galilians. They had a reputation of Zealotism, terrorism and repeated insurrections against the Romans.
Armed with sticks and stones, and the swords, and fortified with the spirit of self-sacrifice which they had avowed for their Master, he was sure to knock hells into any Jewish rabble that dare confront him.
1. "Likewise also said all the disciples."- (Mathew 26:35)

A MASTER TACTICIAN
He had proved himself a skilful strategist and planner, alert and resourceful. This was not the time to sit and twiddle thumbs; to be a sitting-duck, cooped up with his disciples in the upper-room! No, not for him. He leads his platoon, in the middle of the night, to Gethsemane-Gethsemane — an olive press — a courtyard built of stone walls some 5 miles out of town.
On the way, he unburdens to them the seriousness of the situation. The implications and the explosive nature of the coup that failed. Now he must bear the wrath of the powers that be. The price of failure!
You do not have to be a military genius to appreciate that, Jesus (pbuh) deploys his forces as a master tactician, in a manner that would bring credit to any Officer out of "Sandhurst". He places eight of the eleven disciples at the entrance to the courtyard, commanding them:
", Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder."
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26:36

The question that would bug any thinker is: "Why did they all go to Gethsemane? To pray? Could they not have prayed in the upper-room? Could they not have gone to the Temple of Solomon, a stone's throw from where they were, if prayer is all that they wanted to do? No! They went to the Garden so that they might be in a better position to defend themselves!
Observe, Jesus does not take the eight with him to pray. He positions them strategically at the entrance to the courtyard; armed to the hilt, as the circumstances would allow:
"And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee. . .
Then saith he unto them. . .
tarry ye here and watch with me."
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26:37-38
Where is he taking Peter and John and James now? Further into the Garden! To pray? No! To make an inner line of defence — he had put eight at the Gate, and, now these zealous Zealots (the fighting Irishmen of their day), armed with SWORDS, to "wait and watch " — TO KEEP GUARD! The picture is very vivid; Jesus leaves nothing to our imagination. A-n-d HE (alone) prayed!

JESUS PRAYS FOR RESCUE
". . . and began to be sorrowful and very depressed. Then saith he unto them, ‘my soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even unto death' . . ."
"And he went a little further, and fell on his face (Exactly as the Muslim does in Salaat), and prayed, saying, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt."
(This is the quality of a good Muslim who submits his will to the will of God).
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26: 37-39
"And being in an agony, he prayed more earnestly;
and his sweat was, as it were, great drops of blood falling down to the ground’’
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 22:44

MESSIAH SOBS FOR HIS PEOPLE
Why all this bewailing and lamentation? Is he crying to save his skin? It would be highly cynical on his part to do that! Did he not advise others:
"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out . . . And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee; for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
(HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 5:29-30
We would be doing Jesus a grave injustice if we thought that he was crying like a woman to save his body from physical harm. He was crying for his people — the Jews. They held a queer logic, that if they succeeded in killing any would-be Messiah (Christ), it would be a sure proof of his imposture. For God Almighty will never allow His truly "anointed one" (Christ) to be killed — (Deuteronomy 18:20). Hence the insistence of the Jews as a people, as a whole, in rejecting Jesus, the son of Mary, as their promised Messiah — "The eternal rejection."

IMAGINATIVE VERSION
This harrowing sob-story, the blood-curdling cries and lamentations would evoke sympathy in the hardest of hearts. And the hot-gospeller and the Bible-thumper is not averse to its effective exploitation. We are told that Jesus was destined to die for the sins of mankind. That he was "being prepared for this vicarious sacrifice before the foundation of the world". That even before the material universe came into being, there was a contract between "Father and son," and that in the year 4000 A.A. (After Adam) , God himself in the form of Jesus, as the second person from the enigmatic Trinity, was to get himself hanged to redeem mankind from the Original Sin and their actual sins.

JESUS UNAWARE OF HEAVENLY CONTRACT
From the "call to arms" in the upper-room, and the masterful deployment of forces at Gethsemane, and the blood-sweating prayer to the God of Mercy for help, it appears that Jesus knew nothing about the contract for his crucifixion. It reminds one of the Biblical Abraham, leading his son to the slaughter with the bluff that the Lord will provide a 'scape-goat.'

AN UN-WILLING VICTIM
If this was God's plan for a vicarious atonement to redeem mankind, then obviously He had chosen a wrong substitute. This candidate was most reluctant to die. Arming! Wailing! Sweating! Crying! Complaining! Contrast these responses with those of Lord Nelson, a war-hero, who gave up the ghost with these undying words:
"THANK GOD, I HAVE DONE MY DUTY!". There are millions today, who would happily immolate themselves for king and country, with smiles on their faces. Jesus was an un-willing victim. If this was God's scheme of salvation, then it was a heartless plot. It was murder in the first degree, and not redeeming self-sacrifice.
Major Yeats-Brown, in his "Life of a Bengal Lancer", summarizes the Christian Doctrine of the Atonement in just a single sentence:
"NO HEATHEN TRIBE HAS CONCEIVED SO GROTESQUE AN IDEA, INVOLVING AS IT DOES THE ASSUMPTION, THAT MAN WAS BORN WITH A HEREDITARY STAIN UPON HIM: AND THAT THIS STAIN (FOR WHICH HE WAS NOT PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE) WAS TO BE ATONED FOR: AND THAT THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS HAD TO SACRIFICE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO NEUTRALIZE THIS MYSTERIOUS CURSE."
Strange as it may sound, after every outpouring of prayer, Jesus Christ found his disciples lulled to sleep at their post. Again and again he bewailed:
"What could ye not watch with me for one hour?" — (HOLY BIBLE) Matthew 26:40.
"And again he (Jesus) went away, and prayed, and spoke the same words. And when he returned, he found them sleep again …" — (HOLY BIBLE) Mark 14:39-40.
Poor St. Mark bemoans that the disciples could give no excuse for their lassitude, their somnambulism. He records:
"neither knew they what to answer him", — (HOLY BIBLE) Mark 14:40
However, the most lucid, the most coherent and systematic of all Gospel writers, St. Luke, hazards a guess for this anomaly. He says:
"And when he (Jesus) rose from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for SORROW."
(HOLY BIBLE) Luke 22:45

UNUSUAL REASONING
St. Luke, though he was never one of the elected Twelve disciples of Christ, holds numerous distinctions according to Christians. Among them, the "most historical", the beloved "physician", etc. As a Physician, his theory of men "SLEEPING FOR SORROW" is unique. Cries and wailings, sobs and sorrows were in abundance from Jerusalem to Gethsemane on the lips of Jesus (pbuh) which would shock and alert to wakefulness any un-ebriated person. Why were the "lullabies" of woe, lulling the disciples to slumber? Was their psychological make-up any different from that of twentieth century man? Professors of physiology opine that under shock, stress and fear the adrenal gland secretes a hormone into the bloodstream — nature's own injection — which chases away all sleep. Is it not possible that the disciples of Jesus had eaten too much and drunk too much: remembering that food and drink was all "on the house,” i.e. FREE!
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Zodiac61(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
frosbel:

Zodiac61

In relation to sin

Well if you believe in Mary apparitions, rosary prayer, mass, venerating dead people then you sure are superstitious, because you see , the bible never mentioned any of these things.

I do, I examine myself DAILY to see whether I am still in the faith.

But I believe in the simplistic faith which is ME, MY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST and FATHER GOD, not me MY BIBLE, MY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST ,  MARY, CANDLES, DEAD SAINTS , HOLY WATER etc etc .

These are Biblical truths all stated in the Bible.

But you continue making the same mistake by calling JESUS CHRIST DEAD, no he is not DEAD, he WAS DEAD, but it RISEN and sits down on the right hand of FATHER GOD until he makes his enemies his FOOTSTOOL.

DEAD means STONE DEAD, with skeletons and a grave as evidence.

Not sure what you are implying.

But I suspect that you are atheist and therefore no further comments other than the bible calls the one who does not believe in at least GOD, as  a FOOL !!

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies." - Romans 1:20-24

Need I say any more?
Black is white and white is black.
If this is not superstition, I do not know what is.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by bulDozer: 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
Zodiac61:

There is something in the bible about removing the log from your eyes before trying to remove one from another person's eyes.
The poster is effectively accusing catholics of being superstitious.
It is a pity that frosbel does not apply the same standards by which he judges the catholics to himself.
Here is a person who believes that the earth and contents were created by god in six days, that the same god destroyed the earth in a world-wide flood save for eight individuals and a few animals, that god's son was born of a virgin, that the said son was executed and rose from the dead three days later, that the said dead son of of god will return soon to judge all mankind and so on and so forth.
If these beliefs are not as crazy as the catholic veneration of the dead, what is?
Echoes of the pot calling the kettle black and so on.

Well said.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
Because their bodies are still in the grave, and they are awaiting the day of resurrection, on the contrary JESUS CHRIST is RISEN and there is no body, bones or skeleton in the grave.

Muhammad has a tomb that contains his bones in Saudi and so do all the so called saints that the catholic church venrate.

who told you flesh and bone would go to heaven? what receives salvation is the soul and not flesh and blood which will eventually decay and rot away both for the righteous and the sinners.

what really gives you the impression that the righteous departed do not go straight to heaven but will rather wait for the last day to be taken into heaven I .can now see where your confusion is really comming from.

God is the GOD of the present living not of the past DEAD.

so you mean God is is not the God of St peter,St Paul and other saints who have departed this physical world .what a shallow way of reasoning
In your opinion a saint is a peculiar person exalted to that position by the pope,. but in the bible ALL BELIEVERS who are born again are SAINTS, anyone who accepts JESUS, repents of their sins and lives a righteous life is a SAINT in God's sight.

A few examples :

"Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:" - Ephesians 1:1

"Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons" - Philppians 1:1

"For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother." - Philemon 1:7

"All the saints salute you." - 2 Corinthians 13:13

So you see a SAINT is any CHILD of GOD who has been spiritually converted into the body of Christ by the HOLY SPIRIT

Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
A saint in the catholic,orthodox and anglican churches refers to those who have completed their life journey on earth and are now enjoying beautific vision in heaven.There are not dean and should not be referred as such.

The saints in the context used by saint paul refers to christians who are still on the journey to salvation here on earth.They dont mean the same things.

You keep shouting bible this bible that do you know the bible did not exist until the fourth century CE when it was compiled by this same 'satanic' catholic church.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Mcleo007(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2011
chukwudi44:

A saint in the catholic,orthodox and anglican churches refers to those who have completed their life journey on earth and are now enjoying beautific vision in heaven.There are not dean and should not be referred as such.

The saints in the context used by saint paul refers to christians who are still on the journey to salvation here on earth.They dont mean the same things.

You keep shouting bible this bible that do you know the bible did not exist until the fourth century CE when it was compiled by this same 'satanic' catholic church.

Don't mind those hypocritical Xtianz!
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by chinedumo(m): 3:25pm On Oct 28, 2011
not surprising at all
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2011

Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Kx: 3:48pm On Oct 28, 2011
Why conduct a church service- mass- when a dead body is hidden in the alter without the congregations knowledge?
This world is simply misery.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by opribo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
Can someone explain clearly the reason for this. I dont understand, where do we run to
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kx:

Why conduct a church service- mass- when a dead body is hidden in the alter without the congregations knowledge?
This world is simply misery.

This one is a mass in respect to a dead person , only the skull is used in this case. The man died 1000 years ago, what is all this 

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2009/12/bishop.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ivarfjeld.files./2009/09/1049573-svatovaclavska-pou-ve-stare-boleslavi.jpg?w=450&h=318[/img]
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Okijajuju1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2011
Another reason I decided to stop believing in God until I hear him speak to me in person!

Everyone seems to have an idea of how they think God wants to be worshipped. Everyone seems to know the mind of God. Everyone seems to know God better than the next and yet the God for whom we all fight, kill and even do crazy things for isnt even talking.

Bleep religion. Live free or die in self-inflicted bondage.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

Another reason I decided to stop believing in God until I hear him speak to me in person!

Everyone seems to have an idea of how they think God wants to be worshipped. Everyone seems to know the mind of God. Everyone seems to know God better than the next and yet the God for whom we all fight, kill and even do crazy things for isnt even talking.

Bleep religion. Live free or die in self-inflicted bondage.

Yeah but you go and do juju in Okija with dead bodies, I go die oooo grin
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Okijajuju1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2011
frosbel:

Yeah but you go and do juju in Okija with dead bodies, I go die oooo grin

Nice one. . grin

If the catholics can do it, dont point fingers. . grin wink
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Chaldook(m): 5:07am On Oct 29, 2011
I will like to urge everybody, both catholics, methodist, penticostants, aglicans and even pegans to purchase the book called 'prepare to meet your GOD, the kingdom of Heaven and Hell and the return of CHRIST' - it's a story about an 18 year old equadorian girl who who wanted to see GOD, prayed and fasted and died, went to heaven and hell and came back to life again, under 23 hours. The origin of Christainity and Islam came from Abraham, who fathered Ismael the islam progenitor from sarah's maid and sent them away under God's command, however God showed himself merciful to provide water for Ismael's thirt and protected him and is mother. And again Izik, the christian's progenitor was born to them, God again tested Abraham's faith with izik to be sacrificed and scored him high, because he obeyed and GOD provided a lamb 4 sacrifice in place of Izik, both the christians and the Islam practise and worship GOD (allah in islam) but in diferent ways. Even Judaism is a distincted feature of christianity.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Chaldook(m): 6:02am On Oct 29, 2011
These is the handwork of the illuminati(church of satan) and free maisons(a satanic cult and prosperious people that started in egypt as labourers building the pyramid which is their sign now, spreading around the world) members and worshippers, the prophersy is that the anti-christ who has already being born into the world will overthrow either the president of the most powerful nation in the world(which is the United States) or the religious denomination with the highest worshippers and followers (which is the catholic church, with an estimated population of 1 billion people) and it is going to be a black man, surely, suspected to be from spain who studied in rome and was coronated king, in Jerusalem, and went back to rome and disappeared till date, on 1 knows his where about.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Chaldook(m): 6:16am On Oct 29, 2011
If u dout me, watch the movie 'angels and demons' i just don't talk, i back mine with facts. The whole world is drawing close to the end of the age, everything prophesied in the bible, has already happened except that word spoken by GOD, 'and the word will spred to all the nations of the earth, and the world will come'. If you think i am lying search end time prophersies on google i have my copy already. Be careful dudes and babes, Jesus is coming right away. Goodluck!
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by ayduamah: 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2013
The beauty of democracy is that any ignoramus can wake up,read some BS and post it on a free forum so that other ignorant folk can share ignorant opinions.if you think you know try studying the origins of our collective religions,study your bible history and then maybe then only will u beging to understand what faith means.
If you think the catholic church worships dead people,good for you,but understand that the protestant church was borne of the seed of adultry.
you were not placed on this earth to judge anybody so mind ur ignorant business and lead your even more ignorant life in ur half backed understanding of todays halfbacked christianity.
It it important to note that there are numerous messangers,Jesus,Mohammed etc,we all live by faith and they all preached one message which is Love.and so I ask you intelligent christian whom God 'assigned' the role of judge and mouthpiece,did you get the message?
If you did you will not spend ur day putting this together to put others down,if you want to know study,if you want to make heaven listen and follow the msg anything else and your are a FOOL
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
A totally DEAD 'church' worshiping the DEAD.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by christemmbassey(m): 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
frosbel: A totally DEAD 'church' worshiping the DEAD.
nama 4 you o, you can pray 4 her resurection na?
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Anyigala(m): 10:49pm On Feb 22, 2013
Very tired topic..Next!
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by aurenflani: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
frosbel:

I am sorry but anything added to the worship of GOD except Jesus Christ is PAGAN and IDOL Worship.

Islam , Hinduism, Buddhism and Catholicism immediately come to mind.

God Bless

God punish you for writting Islam in the list of your fellow travellers. You hypocrite. You christians that worship the Israeli prophets and also claim to be hearing god talking to you will all rot in Jahannam. Cursed things.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
aurenflani:

God punish you for writting Islam in the list of your fellow travellers. You hypocrite. You christians that worship the Israeli prophets and also claim to be hearing god talking to you will all rot in Jahannam. Cursed things.

Your words paint your picture, a gruesome and sad one.

May you find happiness.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by aurenflani: 11:32pm On Feb 22, 2013
Zodiac61:

Need I say any more?
Black is white and white is black.
If this is not superstition, I do not know what is.

All I know is that all these words mean one thing and one thing only:Pack of lies. grin
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by aurenflani: 11:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
frosbel:

Your words paint your picture, a gruesome and sad one.

May you find happiness.

Shut up there you enemy of Allah. May you die in the hands of the must brutal angel for all your evil words again Allah and Islam. Kafiri.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
aurenflani:

Shut up there you enemy of Allah. May you die in the hands of the must brutal angel for all your evil words again Allah and Islam. Kafiri.

Did the French chase you and your Boko Haram group from Mali back to Nigeria.
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by aurenflani: 10:01am On Feb 23, 2013
frosbel: ^^

Jesus Christ is not DEAD, he is ALIVE forever more ,after offering himself for the sins of mankind ONCE and forever and for those who come to GOD through HIM.

" How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!" - Hebrews 9:14

But to be honest, what you need is salvation from sins through Christ Jesus , but it is your choice. Like countless millions you can mock Christ all the way to eternal damnation.

"Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you." - Matthew 7:6

ISLAM However , not only venerate the dead , such as Muhammad etc, but they delight in making the living more dead than alive and shedding blood as a means to appease the thirst of their beloved deity ALLAH.

Frosbel why do you believe that lying against Islam is the way to go? If you want to conduct a research why is it that you are unable to be fair like Thomas Carlyle or Atleast someone like the reverend Bosworth Smith? You talked of the black stone as if it is an object of worship. Remember that the black stone is atop the grave of Hagar, Abraham's wife. A black woman from Egypt whose obedience to Allah in obeying His command elevated her status that whoever paid pilgrimage to the Kaaba has to kiss the stone atop her grave in other to show her love and respect for her selfless obedience. Also, remember how the second calipher Umar said before kissing the black stone when he led the pilgrimage, that the stone should not be proud and that it is only a stone. And that the only reason he would kiss it is because he Umar had seen the Holy Prophet kissed it. Yet you portrayed the black stone as a deity that Muslims worship.

You know very well that Muslims are the most monotheistic set of religious people on earth yet you continued with this lies! Is your salvation dependant on lies?
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by truthislight: 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
aurenflani:

Frosbel why do you believe that lying against Islam is the way to go? If you want to conduct a research why is it that you are unable to be fair like Thomas Carlyle or Atleast someone like the reverend Bosworth Smith? You talked of the black stone as if it is an object of worship. Remember that the black stone is atop the grave of Hagar, Abraham's wife. A black woman from Egypt whose obedience to Allah in obeying His command elevated her status that whoever paid pilgrimage to the Kaaba has to kiss the stone atop her grave in other to show her love and respect for her selfless obedience. Also, remember how the second calipher Umar said before kissing the black stone when he led the pilgrimage, that the stone should not be proud and that it is only a stone. And that the only reason he would kiss it is because he Umar had seen the Holy Prophet kissed it. Yet you portrayed the black stone as a deity that Muslims worship.

You know very well that Muslims are the most monotheistic set of religious people on earth yet you continued with this lies! Is your salvation dependant on lies?

Yea! Same with the thread, something to do with death bodies in worship.
cool
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by vanstanzy(m): 5:00pm On Apr 14, 2013
Fussball abi na frosbel, whatever. angry angry If Catholics venerate the dead, And so angry angry angry Make we

split? I know u are "holier than thou", u hypocrite. angry angry
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2013
Very soon we wont have enough dust in earth again
Re: Catholic Veneration Of The Dead - Warning !!! Graphic Images Shown by Boomark(m): 1:39am On Apr 15, 2013
opribo: Can someone explain clearly the reason for this. I dont understand, where do we run to

At least away catholic church. As you run, remember to worship God in spirit and in truth. That is the ultimate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them / Pastor Yemi Davids Shares How He Abandoned Uk-based Girlfriend To Marry His Wife / International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.