Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:12 AM

Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community (19905 Views)

Mangu Killings: Five Suspects Arrested Over Murder Of ’30’ Plateau Residents / 10th NASS Leadership: APC Leaders Move To Douse Tension Over Sharing Formula / Reno Omokri Blasts Southerners Over Murder Of Fatima & Her 4 Kids In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Biodun556(m): 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2022

Tension has heightened in Anambra community over the alleged gruesome murder of a woman

The incident happened at Ogbunike, Oyi local government area on July 19.

The 40-year-old daughter of Abba, Njikoka local government area and mother of five, Mrs Nkiru Okoye, was said to have been killed without any cause.

Her husband, the family and the community are demanding justice over her death.

Anambra Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, confirmed the incident Sunday to The Nation .

He said investigations had already commenced on the matter while some of his men had been deployed to the community to maintain law and order.

Tochukwu, said the Command and other agencies would not allow some criminal elements to disturb the peace existing in the State.

The deceased’s family had threatened if the suspect were not produced, they would be forced to take laws into their hands to avenge the death of their sister.

On what transpired, the husband of the deceased, Mr Emenike Okoye, said he was preparing for work while his late wife (Nkiru) was preparing to travel home (Abba) for a meeting of Umuada (Daughters of her kindred in Abba) when her assailants stormed their house around 7-8am

“We did not do anything. They overpowered us, beat us to stupor and left. Later when my children have gone to school, they returned with some persons and dangerous weapons, including axe.

“They dragged my wife outside the house, hit and killed her with axe and chair. She felled and died. When I resisted their move to drag me outside too, they broke my hand with an axe, dragged me outside; hitting me with the axe all over my body until I passed out.

“You can see the cut on my eyes. They left me thinking that I was also dead. But God helped me to wake up later. I reported the incident to our local vigilante and they drove me to hospital,” he said

Emenike, whose five children- two boys and three girls- are still between age 3 and 11 appealed for justice over the death of his 40-year-old wife.

He said: “I’m deeply in pain. My hand is broken. I cannot stand or sit down. My waist is paining me. My head is heating like hot water. I cannot see well with my eyes. I need serious medical attention,” he lamented.

Some members of Ogbunike Daughters Association (Umuada Ogbunike), Mrs Nkechinyeru Nwoye and Ms Ogochukwu Okoye, described the incident as abomination.

They added that they had mandated the local vigilante and their brothers (male folks of the kindred) to double efforts towards bringing justice to Emenike and his late wife.

The younger brother of late Nkiru, Mr Chidiebele Okelue, said that Abba people would never rest until justice was assured

He appealed to the Commissioner of Police, Inspector General of Police and other security agencies to help in bringing the culprits to book.
https://thenationonlineng.net/tension-over-alleged-murder-of-chimamandas-sister/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1659279805

5 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Biodun556(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ipob Peter Obi's NGO

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Abdul05: 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2022
grin cheesy

As for me.

It would be better for the biafrans to stick to Biafra agitation and stop acting like one United Nigerians.. grin

Make up ur mind stop shilly-shallying attitude

47 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by ElSudani: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2022
These terrorists are like a cancer in the body of Ndigbo. But unfortunately their greatest supporters are the same Ibos.

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Vulturereloaded: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
All hail Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu have empowerd failures and good for nothings like himself to waste productive igbos.

Killed Chike Akunyili.

Killed professor Onyemelukwe.

The list keeps growing.

25 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2022
Chai ipob

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by MadamVanessa(f): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2022
shocked

This is so sad

Fulani terrorîsts has finished this country completely.

8 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by rusher14: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
Half of a rising sun.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by iReddington: 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
They are taking refuge in many South Western State because home has become a terror zone and inhabitable, but will still be trolling and badmouthing their host.

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Viscuz: 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2022
Politics in a third world country is funny.

They have silenced this girl for some nonsense old politicians

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by 3ple9iner: 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
Omo RIP to her

The fact that some people actually prayed for this in a particular region of the country is scary.

Know what you wish to others.

2 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by NyamiriSlayer(m): 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2022
Ipob pigs una weldone ooh, those bastards don sacrifice am for hoebi idiot

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Viscuz: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:

What if na Tinubu use am for sacrifice so that e yansh go stop to leak ?

4 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by ElSudani: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

This is so sad

Fulani terrorîsts has finished this country completely.

I bet you see Fulanis in your sleep.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by franchasofficia: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
angry
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by PandoraObi: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
Quite distasteful, this is not how it suppose to be

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Biodun556(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by November1857(m): 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
NyamiriSlayer:
Says Afonja Muslim headslamming pig,
chronic unity beggar...

3 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2022
This one they are quick to call Obi, I hope Tinubu and his desperate supporters are not gunmen.
Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by November1857(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
All hail Biafra. Nnamdi Kanu have empowerd failure and good for nothings like himself to waste productive igbos.

Killed Chike Akunyili.

Killed professor Onyemelukwe.

The list keeps growing.

Yes , IPOB are the one trying to overrun Abuja and sent conquering threats to Lagos , kaduna and kogi state...
Ikwere Marauder...

8 Likes

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by judithjam: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2022
Peter obi will never be president

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Vulturereloaded: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2022
November1857:
Yes , IPOB are one trying to overrun Abuja and sent conquering threats to Lagos , kaduna and kogi state...
Ikwere Marauder...

Kanu have created bandits in the east. Same message bokoharam fed northern youths, is what he fed igbo youths.

The result is the same.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by November1857(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
Biodun556:

No difference between ipob and boko Haram, there both terrorists
Says Afonja Muslim, chronic unity Beggar......

Yes IPOB is more dangerous than Boko Haram and bandits put together,cos self determination activities will lead your skull mining region into Oblivion grin grin...

No amount of lie and propaganda by your Jihadist government and her unity begging goons can stop imminent Biafra actualization..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by GerogeI(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
OP,
I hope you know you can be prosecuted for the lies you are peddling up and down. If what you are doing results in ethnic cleansing, be it known to you that the world will then start looking for the cause, and the internet never forgets. For now its harmless fun for you, but one day, you may hang for the lies in the post you have above, and are spreading.

Even in Igbo families, we have divided opinions for which we have not yet beheaded each other, talkless of national politics. Nobody has ever been hurt for supporting a crook, and nobody will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Jayinyourdreams(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Local man is speechless.

Meanwhile the agbado munching terrorist can never be president.

Urchins can wail from now till 2031

Peter obi 2023-2031

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Biodun556(m): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2022
GerogeI:
OP,
I hope you know you can be prosecuted for the lies you are peddling up and down. If what you are doing results in ethnic cleansing, be it known to you that the world will then start looking for the cause, and the internet never forgets. For now its harmless fun for you, but one day, you may hang for the lies in the post you have above, and are spreading.

Even in Igbo families, we have divided opinions for which we have not yet beheaded each other, talkless of national politics. Nobody has ever been hurt for supporting a crook, and nobody will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by Biodun556(m): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2022
November1857:
Says Afonja Muslim, chronic unity Beggar......

Yes IPOB is more dangerous than Boko Haram and bandits put together,cos self determination activities will lead your skull mining region into Oblivion grin grin...

Propaganda amount of lie and propaganda by your Jihadist government and her unity begging goons can stop imminent Biafra actualization..

But you ipob dropped your self determination for Peter Obi ...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by November1857(m): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Kanu have created bandits in the east. Same message bokoharam fed northern youths, is what he fed igbo youths.

The result is the same.
Lol ! Keep decieving yourself for all I care..... Blame insecurity cause by SE politicians and your Jihadist government in Igboland on Kanu will neither stop him from being release by your Jihadist govt according to the UN ordered, nor stop imminent Biafra actualization..

Chronic unity beggar according toEmergingnation3..

1 Like

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by plaindealer: 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
Pandora that she's supporting won't say a word.. This is the home state of Obi who is trying to become the president of Nigeria.

Terrorists are in total control of his state, he won't say anything against the acts in his state or condemn the sadistic terrorist killing his people.

The useless man still won't hesitate to defend and absolve the terrorists..

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nikita Okoye: Tension Over Murder Of Woman In Anambra Community by GerogeI(m): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
[quote author=Biodun556 post=115257341][/quote]

Oga stop spreading concoted lies with your fake accounts.
Igbo do not behave like cows or Agberos. Everyman makes up his own mind and decision.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moses Thomas Sule, Plateau Assembly Speaker, Deputy Resign / Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / President Buhari Might Return To Nigeria Within A Week - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.