Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Is Chelsea Arrogant? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Chelsea Arrogant? (2531 Views)

Who Is Chelsea FC Best Player Moment ™? / Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Is Chelsea Jersey Aba Made? Oya See Wetin Happen To Diego Costa Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 2:18am On Feb 23, 2006
My team had been given so many names; Arrogant, mouthy, pompous etc

Without enemity, Is Chelsea arrongant ?

Please Give us examples.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by ababoy1(m): 7:15am On Feb 23, 2006
Arrogant, mouthy, pompous - I really dont care. I just dont think they are good for football. A few years ago, Chelsea were nothing short of a Sunday Morning side playing in front of 3000 fans. All all of a sudden they now think they are a big club because of some dodgy money from Russia. Football is all about tradition and building (not buying) success,

For me Chelski are simply the Blackburn of the South,
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Seun(m): 10:03am On Feb 23, 2006
Any form of success breeds arrogance and unfounded accusations of arrogance.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by demmy(m): 10:21am On Feb 23, 2006
ababoy1 hit the nail on the head precisely. chelsea is yet to create tradition in football and the sudden success got to them much more morinho who from a nobody climbed to the top overnight.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 10:46am On Feb 23, 2006
Chelsea is not arrogant

Mourinho is.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Badman888(m): 1:35pm On Feb 23, 2006
Yea i agree. Mourinho is actually the one that is arrogant. He is blasting Messi of diving he should check out what his players do,
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2006
@Ababoy1 & Everyone

We don't want enemity here.

Give us a link to where exactly Chelsea shows Pompousity

Where exactly is my friend, Jose is Pompous?
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2006
@
Badman888:

He is blasting Messi of diving he should check out what his players do,

Read this link and see the picture yourself:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006080599,00.html
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2006
These are word for word quotations from Mourinho, the link Akolawole gave above.

Chelsea chief Mourinho called for Messi to be banned after he accused the Argentine of conning Norwegian ref Terje Hauge into giving a red card to Asier Del Horno for a 37th-minute foul.[/b]The Blues boss said: “

(M) Is it even worth going to Barcelona for the second leg? “If it is not I will send my B team to the Nou Camp and keep my main players here to concentrate on the Premiership and FA Cup.

thats because he knows he can never beat Barca there, he is looking for a smart way out of the humiliatiion.

(M) How do you say cheating in Catalan? Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well. He’s learned play-acting.

Yeah of course he learned play acting, he learned from the best, days of consistently watching robben dive to get reina of liverpool booked, perfectly honed his acting skills.

(M)“The kid jumps and provokes contact with Del Horno and because of that the referee gives a red card.

If he hadn't jumped, Del horno would have destroyed the poor boys leg. Its called reflex action, save yourself at all cost.

(M) But is TV going to show the incident 200 times a week and try to persuade UEFA to replay the game?Michael Essien was given a yellow card against Liverpool but that was correctly changed after the game and he was given a ban. But that did not change the result.

TV is not going to waste valuable airtime showing del horno's callousness, rather i'm sure they'll show the beauty of ETO'Os header and the resultant anti-special look on Mourinho's face. That will get high ratings,.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2006
Replay ke!
Where on earth have you seen a replay?

Jose is a learned man, he has not said that and he will never say that cool
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2006
Seun always encourage us to provide links to our source.

Please give us links to the said arrogancy, IF YOU DONT HAVE LINK, just read others people's views and move on.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 9:23am On Feb 24, 2006
what link and source do you want? heh , it means you don't know your quote

you gave us the link in your post above mine, are you saying you didnt read what you said we should all read.

open the link to the sun you gave and check if i have misquoted him anywhere.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 10:36pm On Feb 24, 2006
@ Everyone

The Question is IS CHELSEA ARROGANT ?

The expected answer is either YES or NO, then a LINK to support it.

@NightRider

Jose ask SKYSPORTS " Is TV, " He is reffering to Skysports.

There is a story behind that which starts from Essien, Gerrard etc.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by ababoy1(m): 11:04pm On Feb 24, 2006
Kola,

Like I said I dont care whether they are arrogant or not. But since you need a link ( A simple - http://www.google.com/search?lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=CHELSEA%20ARROGANT)

Gave me this link amongst others. I havent bothered to read it fully, so I dont know whether it meets your expectations.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5322872
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 2:13am On Feb 25, 2006
@Ababoy1

Thanks for at least having the COURAGE to send a link BUT its not that relevant.

Chelsea had been called arrogant many times by people filled with enemity with just no reasons, i authored this thread to ask such peolple to present a prove that they are Arrogant.

They should provide a link but none of them can present ANY
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Jio(m): 10:53am On Feb 25, 2006
demmy:

ababoy1 hit the nail on the head precisely. chelsea is yet to create tradition in football and the sudden success got to them much more morinho who from a nobody climbed to the top overnight.

Is Mourihno really a nobody??

Google Jose Mourihno and see his profile. He became a first team coach in 2000 and has won all there is to win in club football. What else do you need to become the "Special One".

Before you say it's because of RA's money, check out what he did in Portugal with a budget comparable to a Championship side.

A TRUE BLUE for life
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 12:54pm On Feb 25, 2006
@ Jio
Thanks for your comment.

i visited a Cousin recently, He told me that he hates Chelsea, i asked him WHY?

He replied " I JUST HATE THEM".
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Jio(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2006
@ababoy1:

Which year was Chelsea playing in front of 3000 fans? Hope you're not talking of the Bentley era of the 50s? What tradition are you talking about?

First year of RA, Chelsea placed 2nd and the shout was "Money Can't Buy Success" but when Jose came and we won the league it's now "Buying Success with Dodgy Russian Money".

If money can buy success, how come Inter Milan has not won serie A title with all the money Moretti has pumped into Inter or the Galaticcos are without a trophy for 3 years?

When you hear Blues haters talk, you'll think Chelsea was struggling in the bottom half of the league before RA came.

I think the way we won the league in style last season breaking almost all premiership records was too much for some to take.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 1:36pm On Feb 25, 2006
Thanks jare!

I just ignore Ababoy1 on that 3000 fans,

Thank God we are much endowed with facts.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by bagoma(f): 9:31pm On Feb 26, 2006
why do i hate chelsea?
no reason, i just hate them!

on second thoughts i think i hate them because of their RA and all that money, then because of their coach and lastly because of their fans.

so is chelsea arrogant?
Hell yes!!!
from the owners to the coach down to their supporters, all arrogant bunch of b******ds.

thank heavens they are biting the dust now.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2006
Lets talk facts

Why is Arjen Robben in chelsea and not Manchester United

He had accepted to join united, chelsea comes along and blinds him with money Man u can't afford and he jumps ship

What about John Mikel obi

I watched his interview after joining Man U , he was happy< he says he was forced to sign that interview shows nothing of the sort. Chelsea comes along and blinds him with money, now he is crying foul.

what about Micheal essien whom arsenal wanted, They couldn't even attempt it because of Chelsea's interest in the player

I support what Sepp Blatter said about Chelsea , It's financial Doping

O and i remember damien duff being chased by Man U , only for him to turn around and sign for Chelsea

ryan Giggs said we can't match them cash for cash

No doubt Mourinho is a great coach and he has a fantastic team, but He is arrogant and arrogance buys you no love. People want to see you eat your words even if you really are good.

Mourinho blows his trumpet to much, he is like the proverbial agama lizard that nods his head after climbing the tree.

There are greater coaches, Fabio Capello , four chamions league titles , he took Ac milan to an unbeaten run in serie A minus the other serie a titles. He has won back to back titles with juventus and real madrid in the spanish league.

vincente del bosque has done much more than mourinho, the year he was caretaker manager , he won the champions league, even mourinho couldn't manage that. He won two champions league and two spanish league titles in 4 years.

what about ferguson, benitez, sir bill shankly.

Thats why Chelsea is hated , because your coach represents your team and your coach is mouthy.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2006
If Ferguson leaves Man U and capello takes over. Mourinho is going to learn a bigger lesson than he learned during the Barca match. Apart from better teams than Chelsea, there are better coaches
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by slimnike(m): 1:23pm On Feb 27, 2006
Look,most you lie against your enemy just because is your enemy?or lie against Chelsea because you do not like them?or hear people say they are arogant and join them is saying it?.If we want to talk of arogancy in the premiership,Can a very good Man-u fan tell me what happened between ferguson and david beckham before he left for madrid?,can someone tell me the attitude of roy ferdinard or roy keane?or better still henry's celebration when he scores?No player at Chelsea as ever behaved that way.wheather you like chelsea or not,they are the best in England for now.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 3:04pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Slimnike
Dont let their comments worry you.

I know the reason why i authored this thread.

I can bet it, none of them will be able to provide a single link showing the pompousity of Chelsea
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 3:11pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Bagoma

Thank you jare Baggy for your "confessions"

Just hate Chelsea for NOTHING!

Hate Chelsea for the intelligent but Youg Coach who is not Respected Country!

Hate Chelsea because Russian money owned by your "agemate"!

Hate Chelsea because the pendulum had swing SUDDENLY to stamford bridge

Its a good hatred sha!
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Bagoma and her friends

What can you say to this?

Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 6:00pm On Feb 27, 2006
heh slimnike don't make me laugh, ferguson arrogance towards beckham was in house, Ferguson never in his 20 year reign at old trafford portrayed the picture of a big mouth, he was always humble and thankful for his achievments.

Alex Ferguson has won 17titles in a 20 year reign at united,
Arrigo saatchi won the european cup and four titles in five seasons with milan
del bosque won two champions league titles and two european cups in four seasons
Benitez has won the uefa cup and champons league back to back
Fagbio Capello has won four chapions league titles with various teams

Mourinho is a good coach, he hasn't reached the level of great. with all the russian money he still can't win the champions league. The great chelsea is already hanging out of the Champions league in the 2nd Round. How terrible. Money don't buy titles.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2006
@NightRider

Where exactly did Chelsea show pompousity period?
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 6:36pm On Feb 27, 2006
thats what i listed for you above

all the players they muscle from other clubs through the back door:robben, obi, essien, duff
Mourinho's quotes on his supposed speciality and greatness isn't that being pompous.

what more do you want to see?
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Jio(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2006
As a die hard Mourhino fan, I can't help but reply night rider.

Mourhino has only been a coach for 6 years and for 5 of those years he has won titles. not moi moi titles o, he couldn't have won more than there was to win within the short time he has been a coach.

Obviously Nightrider is a Man U fan and before you throw any stone, dig into your club's history and look at the use of money in the recruitment of Steve Bruce, Bryan Robson, Gordon Strachan, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney to name a few.

Have you ever asked yourself why Man U has not been able to produce another set of players like the class of 91 (Beckham and co youth FA cup winning side)?

Instead of hating Jose, why not look at the wider picture?? Pay close attention to the influence of Jose, Rafa and Jol. Very soon, Wenger and SAF will belong to the record books.
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by Akolawole(m): 3:27am On Feb 28, 2006
@Jio

Haba! you are killing ant with Sledge hammer o. I beg gently gently o

@ NightRider

nightrider:

thats what i listed for you above

all the players they muscle from other clubs through the back door:robben, obi, essien, duff
Mourinho's quotes on his supposed speciality and greatness isn't that being pompous.

what more do you want to see?

Is this pompousity?

I think we need to read Advanced learner dictionary.
Bagoma, where are you? for you sabi oyinbo well well o
Re: Is Chelsea Arrogant? by nightrider: 10:04am On Feb 28, 2006
JIO

I do not hate Mourinho, if you have read any of my earlier posts you will see that i've said in many places that he is a fantastic coach with loads of self confidence. As a matter of fact i'm a fan.

I'm an Arsenal fan not Man- U

Apart from Rio ferdinand and wayne rooney who's signings where high, Man u's other recruitments where relatively very low.
Cantona was bought from leeds for 1.2million and was considered a steal for such a player at the time. Ferguson moulded him into a great player. Roy keane was a nobody when he was bought by ferguson.

The great Man-u side of 90's all came from the youth squad. Scholes, beckham,giggs, the neville brothers.
As a matter of fact Ferguson said he turned down signing Zidane from Marseille because he wanted to stick with an emerging youngster called Beckham.

My dear JIO, understanding is the key to Unlock the mystery of my words.

I never complained about the high fees chelsea pays for players, because then i would have to complain about real madrid and Ac milan and all other great clubs. Rather i complained about the sneaky way Chelsea does it.

Alex ferguson said recently that when buying players he has to hide now, because he wouldn't want to alert Chelsea to talent he has uncovered because they have a way of going through the back door.Can you blame him?

Robben, duff, Obi taken from Man U , Essien from arsenal, have all been taken through the back door. Chelsea's tapping of Ashley Cole etc.

whats pompousity? Exaggerated dignity, Full of high sounding praises for oneself,excessive self esteem.
Please tell me which of them doesn't sound like Mourinho. i can't waste space typing the things Mourinho has said about himself we all know them.

I listed achievments of other great coaches and as i can see yu and akolawole have failed to look at those lists or have looked at them and shuddered and shied away from commenting, because Jose Mourinho is not in that league. I didn't say he can never be, but for now he is not.
For the benfit of all i have pasted it again.

Alex Ferguson has won 17titles in a 20 year reign at united,
Arrigo saatchi won the european cup and four titles in Five seasons with milan
del bosque won two champions league titles and two european cups in four seasons
Benitez has won the uefa cup and champons league back to back
Fagbio Capello has won four champions league titles with various teams and apart from winning several scudetto's took Milan to an unbeaten run in serie A.

Del bosque won 2champions league titles, two spanish league titles, i spanish super cup, i european supercup,1 intercontinental super cup in "ONLY FOUR YEARS OF COACHING" FOUR YEARS OF COACHING. 1999-2003

Mourinho has been coaching six years SIX YEARS.

mourinho's mouth reminds me of an NBA situation some time ago, where in a 76ers vs BUlls game, allen iverson dribbles past michael Jordan and scores, in the corresponding interview he says to the press he is as great Jordan. I laugh.

question please, no beef here? If ranieri was sacked for losing in champions league semi final and coming 2nd in the league, would Mourinho be sacked for getting kicked out by Barcelona in only the second round?

I'm out of this topic, Akolawole please think up sumthin else.

(1) (2) (Reply)

French Open 2015 - Roland Garros / Pictures Of Kevin Hart That Totally Summarizes The Wwe Royal Rumble 2017 / Art Of Tennis Sport 2.00 - 2.99 Odd Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.