Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,370 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms (1749 Views)

[ONLY] Bloggers With Less Than 15,000 Views? Daily Add Ur URL Let Me Help / Apart From Designing, Whats The Cost Putting A Website Up On The Internet? / An Intensive 3-day Joomla(cms) Web Development Training Live In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by AdewoyeSe(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
Joomla! is an award-winning content management system that enables you to easily create and manage the contents of a web site. You don’t have to be a programmer to use Joomla!, because you don’t need to work with the code to install, set up, or manage a site. To get started all you need is access to a web server and a web browser.
Get the full detail on how to get started @ http://opensourceng..com/2011/07/part-1-get-your-website-up-and-running.html
In case you have any question i will be available to attend to them.
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by AdewoyeSe(m): 12:49pm On Aug 03, 2011
Go through the link posted above to get the review of getting your website up and running in less than 15 minutes part 1 series of this training.

Get your website up and running in less than 15 minute Part 2
Focus of today's series will be on Joomla Extension. Joomla extensions are , templates, modules, components, plugins and language that extends your Joomla! installation. They come included in Joomla core or can be provided from 3rd party developers like Youjoomla.com. Joomla Extension gives you the capability to add photo gallery, video gallery, community forums, slide show, footer, menu, web links, forms, feeds and many more extension on your Joomla Website. Till date Joomla hosted over 7875 extension.

Download a lot of cool Joomla Extension - www.extensions.joomla.org
Click any of these links to download free Joomla Template - www.joomlatemplatesdownload.com | www.freetemplatehome.com/ | www.siteground.com/joomla-templates.htm | www.joomla24.com/
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by Jotmax(m): 3:12am On Aug 05, 2011
visit http://candidarticle..com lil traffic needed.

Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by Mcleo007(m): 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2011
I need a forum website like nairaland and have downloaded the joomla zipped software. I understand I need to to register my Domain name and use the cpanel to effect. What webhost do u suggest and how do I go abt it? Thanks.I need a forum website like nairaland and have downloaded the joomla zipped software. I understand I need to to register my Domain name and use the cpanel to effect. What webhost do u suggest and how do I go abt it? Thanks.
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2011
Hello @Adewoye Se

I have grown lazy designing websites and coding them from scratch. it used to be fun, now i just want to get it done and over with and see my money in the bank.

I downloaded Joomla and have some Joomla templates to work with. from your experience, how steep is the learning curve, would i still be able to dig in and modify code as i see fit, I am concerned over the clearly humungous bucket of extensions available to Joomla. it does seem over-rated but then that is just my inexperienced Joomla self talking.
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by krazynaija(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2011
Hello,
I have a blog on wordpress. I'd like to get a domain name like www.me.com instead or www.me.. how do i go about it? (getin a new domain and redirected my wordpress blog to it)
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by AdewoyeSe(m): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ Mcleo007. To build a forum like nairaland you many need to go for software like smf forum software, mybb and Joomla Board. I recommend bluehost
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by AdewoyeSe(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
@  lagerwhenindoubt

Since you have coding experience that will help you. If you know php and basic html you can modify joomla source code files as u want. Personally i work with my configuration files most of the time to give me more extended flexibility. As regard the extensions u can't explore all, all u need is to use the one related to what u are doing.
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by AdewoyeSe(m): 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
@ krazynaija
This shouldn't be difficult. But i am not sure whether which is the free version of wordpress has the features, but I am sure wordpress.org has it. If it has it, just login into your panel and work around it. Go to settings > Custom Domain then Point your own registered domain name to your blog. Aside you have to register your domain name first
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by krazynaija(m): 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
mapping is $12 n i dont have credit card
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by theagent: 12:24am On Aug 08, 2011
Sign up to the gold package for 15,000 naira a year and you get wordpress, drupal, joomla and more free. Installed with one click from your control panel
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by krazynaija(m): 3:25am On Aug 08, 2011
if i hear!
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by AdewoyeSe(m): 7:26am On Aug 09, 2011
@ krazynaija subscribe to blogger it's free,
Re: Get Your Website Up And Running In Less Than 15 Minutes Using Joomla Cms by krazynaija(m): 1:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
Check out UnilagOlodo.com grin

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Xtgem.com / 10,000 Real Traffic To Your Blog/website Everyday / Adsense Account For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.