Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? (8375 Views)

Top Ten Song Theft Scandals In Nigerian Music Industry .. / Which Type Of Dance Can We Call This Korede Dance In GODWIN / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 8:37am On Feb 23, 2006
DAnce in 9ja musical Videos!!-
I need opinion on the quality of dance or dance choreography shown in most 9ja musical videos .Personally am not impressed cos i see copycats and laziness dancer ,
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Eastcoast(f): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2006
i think i do agree with you diyobdw. when i watch psquare videos, they are very annoying. i know they can dance but everything is lifted off some foreign artist video. even the music beats. it is just terrible. they need to have their own signature. Something that will make them unique and outstanding. they should be more creative than they currently are. i know it could be challenging but if they think harder they will surely get insight. I doubt if most musicians have choreographers not to talk about a dance studio where they can practice with big mirrors.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2006
angry i agree with u 100% Eastcoast.If they want to be known for dancing they need to be real, they need to start learning at least hire some good choregrapher to help, undecided
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by rikkyjen(m): 4:47pm On Feb 23, 2006
Ruggedman did that in his baraje video, He hired a group known as (DNDMT), No wonder his video was lil bit okay
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2006
Even baraje was just ok! smiley
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by vickybabe(f): 9:08pm On Feb 23, 2006
dancing in nigerian videos, thats cool *excited* (thinking more money for me) i can teach'em the moves if they got what it takes.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by iginla(m): 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2006
I don't have any problem with the source of dance rather the degree of nudity at display,this is not in our character
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Eastcoast(f): 12:52am On Feb 24, 2006
i don't really see any nudity in most videos. so what do u think of western videos with all the strippers and stuff?
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Eastcoast(f): 12:54am On Feb 24, 2006
i will like to watch the ruggedman video. does anyone have a link?
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by babydebbie(f): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2006
I believe that nigerian artists need to step up in their game when it comes to dancing. So far, the only people that I see trying to make that transition is P-Square. Those boys are hot, can sing, and can definitely dance. I just believe that Naija can do more in the music video dancing aspect. I still love my people and whatever I know will benefit them, will surely make me happy.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by nightrider: 9:37am On Feb 24, 2006
P-square lifted all their moves from usher, personally i think it's a disgrace. They are good alright but not original. Imagine them being called to dance at the grammy's and they do those moves. WO! usher go throw them pure water bag.
Nigerian musicians need to get seasoned choreographers. We have groups like Spirit of David in Nigeria, who are professionals in choreography( all though they are gospel) maybe they could fine tune our musicians.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2006
There are loads of dances in 9ja musical now .mostly by half nude girls shaking ass( most shaking by force). since everyone is cutting cost when producing thier video i gues they rather do thier own mix of foreign videos which com out very tacky. undecided .

i know there r lovely dance groups like Daproz ,dnmt,Kafee's(Think she has a group).Though the few good dance vidoes repeat same dancers sha.which is either because of money or there r few good dancers,
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Maxflame(m): 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2006
nightrider:

P-square lifted all their moves from usher, personally i think it's a disgrace. They are good alright but not original. Imagine them being called to dance at the grammy's and they do those moves. WO! usher go throw them pure water bag.
Nigerian musicians need to get seasoned choreographers. We have groups like Spirit of David in Nigeria, who are professionals in choreography( all though they are gospel) maybe they could fine tune our musicians.
Totally agree with you cept for the Spirit of david thing. They can't really dance. sad I know some of em personally sad sad
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by abuguy64(m): 7:43pm On Feb 24, 2006
What of Zule-zoo with their Kerawa music video? Are they natural enough?! Even the so-called foreign stars that are winning awards are copy cats! There is very little originality in the music industry these days. The late 70s to the mid 80s saw a lot of original/natural compositions without computer gimmics that seem to prevail these days. There is a lot that needs to be done in the Nigerian music and film industry,as in all aspects of the society. Any one that can contribute to improve the situation,should please come forward and play their role.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by luridguy(m): 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2006
well zule zoo dance is still african its the hio hop r&b artists who are not creative enough, thou foreign artists also copy themselves but we know the creative ones when u see someone like missy or when b2k where still together ,usher and a few others are really trying , but with out a doubt the queen is missy omo that girl as some kool steps

p sqaure will do well if only they try to be more creative they should come to kings college and see secondary school boys dance
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by otokx(m): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2006
its almost about all been reduced to a sort of makossa. play gospel, pop, r&b, juju, etc and you will see most nigerians doing the waist - leg movement.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by otokx(m): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2006
Please don't mention PSquare when dance is concerned, those guys are a disgrace to innovation. They want to dress like Usher. They want to look like Usher. They want to dance like him. They want to sing like him.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by simmy(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2006
I think many people are critical about Nigerian musicians without knowing exactly how difficult it is to be succesful in this country. Imagine comparing P-square with Usher!! angry Do you know how much money is behind Usher?!? The fact that P-square with practically no financial support have been able to come up with something similar to Usher is biggups to them.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 10:54am On Feb 27, 2006
simmy:

I think many people are critical about Nigerian musicians without knowing exactly how difficult it is to be succesful in this country. Imagine comparing P-square with Usher!! angry Do you know how much money is behind Usher?!? The fact that P-square with practically no financial support have been able to come up with something similar to Usher is biggups to them.

How difficult do you think it is to be original, They spend money on videos.a lil more will get them great dances.You dont have to be 9ja usher for people top like u. like abuguy64 mentioned Zulezoo are nt doing bad.African china carve his niche and stlye .People like sunny nneji, Ruggedman and C'mon pay for good dances.Incase you dont know dancer aint making that much from this artist. it mostly a barter thing or even free depending on who.Psquare can do better.Though i like to listen to them i hate watching thier dances!
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by thelma2(f): 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2006
ma people i beg to differ

otokx:

Please don't mention PSquare when dance is concerned, those boys are a disgrace to innovation. They want to dress like Usher. They want to look like Usher. They want to dance like him. They want to sing like him.

@otokx i hope you know p-square did not do a surgery to look like Usher. its just natural. and i don't think you should fault someone 4 having a kind of mentor and how many choreographers in Nigeria have you seen do a dance that evrystep is uniformly done if not in p-square videos? i think people should even go learn som dance steps from them. afterall av heard people say Usher got his steps from Michael Jackson
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Maxflame(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2006
You said you heard not noticed, so the dance steps aren't similar. But when i hear a song with matching video and costume to another, no matter how good it was a copycat is still a copycat. To make matters worse you didn't pay for rights to copy.
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by rikkyjen(m): 1:08am On Mar 01, 2006
Maxflame, You dont know copyrights law at all.Even though usher takes his case to world court,His case is gonna be struck out, What? permission to dance again,if its some other stuffs like using his wordings to sing or duplication of his songs,dats a good ground,Have you heard that kind of case before embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Maxflame(m): 6:14am On Mar 01, 2006
[img]http://img200.exs.cx/img200/7135/eyebrow1qb.gif[/img]This is the point you might want to get your reading glasses before reading peoples posts. Have you heard get squared? does it ring any bells when you hear it?
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2006
rikkyjen:

Maxflame, You don't know copyrights law at all.Even though usher takes his case to world court,His case is going to be struck out, What? permission to dance again,if its some other stuffs like using his wordings to sing or duplication of his songs,that is a good ground,Have you heard that kind of case before embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
-rikkyjen please which copyright law are u talk'g about. because usher will not only have a case.He will win and enslave Psquare for ever.DAnce is an art ,it was recorded as a the pieces as a choreography ,it's under usher works.Now they lifed it without his permission !! Please That i don't agree!not even with nigerian law can you get away with that.( i gbadun Psquare but i don't like copycats)
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by creamofluv: 4:46am On Mar 08, 2006
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]Let me add to ya'll comments, P-Square are great i watched 'em video, They are still a way too far more than those of Kenny's Music, Compare the videos of P-square to the one of Kennys, Way too Far, I think the problem P-Square and other Musicians got is there producer, They dont wanna spend money, Most of the Producers are rippers they dont give 'em qualities videos, I always wonder all this so call producer travels outter nigeria to usa and england they see what guys outter there do but they dont wanna apply it to there own music production, In every music there should be a choreographer, There are many choreographers out there who can teach this guys how to dance and stuffs but man they wont spend money to feed 'em in the show even though most guys can dance, But they should have there own unique way of doing it not having anybody's step in it, it will be way too forward. ,
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by creamofluv: 4:53am On Mar 08, 2006
diyobdw you are right, well i saw 'em p square videos they are wonderful but only thing is nigerian copy things alot, Everybody copy things, Lemme give you instants, Am a nigerian but in UK, We dress normally aight? but if your outter nigeria you see how ppl dress you gotta do same, what is that? isnt that copycat?
Ya'll know what i mean, P -Square are still okay, mention other musicians that have dance in most of there music, i could say they are one of the musicians that have dance in there music, But they need a good choreographer, All music producer needs one, but i bet they wont want to have one, cause they are too f**ken greedy. They re rippers. P-Square should have there own unique of dancing have been tryna get in contact with em and tell em to have a change in there next album,
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2006
Word!! smiley smiley smiley wink
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Maxflame(m): 1:05pm On Mar 08, 2006
diyobdw you have a good point there, wink
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2006
Is there any dance group that we can recomend for 9ja videos?
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Maxflame(m): 10:32am On Mar 21, 2006
NO
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by diyobdw(f): 11:11am On Mar 21, 2006
NO!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Or you dont know?
Or actually no group? undecided
Re: Dance In Nigerian Music Videos? by Maxflame(m): 11:13am On Mar 21, 2006
I feel they're all wack! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

[Video] Olamide - "Logba Logba" / Yungjeff - 'Godfada' Starring Chiwetalu Agu (Video) / Wh Is Da 10 Best Lyricists To Eva Be In Da Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.