Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! (7544 Views)

The Edos And The Rains / The Edos / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by NegroNtns(m): 3:58am On Aug 03, 2011
I have read the scriptures front to back several times over the years and each read takes me deeper through doors I never been before. With the new access come new understanding and awareness. Tonight, I stumbled upon a new link of historical fact.

There is too much similarities than there are dissimilarities between the language, meaning, rituals of the Edos and those of Afro-Asia to dismiss this as just mere coincidence. I have commented a lot about the presence of Yoruba and its sub groups as a whole fraternal of kins who migrated from that region and through different lands before they finally settled in the savannah of what is today Western Nigeria. Some like the Kanem did not go as far.

This Bible is the Hebrew-Greek version written by a Greek and with translation from Old Hebrew. Here is the footnote that caught my attention:

"Edom, the elder twin-brother of Jacob; the region of Idumea was occupied by him"

In Nigeria the only people that have "Idu-". . .anything in their language is the EDO.

Jacob's name was later changed to Israel. The family from that time on became known as "Children of Israel". Therefore the father of the EDOs and the father of the Twelve Tribes of Israel are twin brothers. This means Edos are not Israelites but as I have established numerous times before with evidence of rituals and language similarities, this add to the list and lay emphasis on their proto-semitic root.

I also want to ask why Yoruba people, in addition to high rate of twin births also have children with hair-locks (Dada)?
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by tpia5: 4:06am On Aug 03, 2011
i could be wrong, but i think natural dreads might be a relic of ancient capoid input somewhere along the line.

just guessing.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2011
Funny thing is some foools here in the US don't believe Africans have natural dreads angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Abagworo(m): 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2011
ROTFLMFAO!

They call themselves Edomites while the Greek call them Idumeans.In Nigeria they call themselves Edo while Igbos call them Idu.Could Igbos have migrated from Greece since democracy is a culture shared between Igbos and Greeks.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2011
Abagworo:

ROTFLMFAO!

They call themselves Edomites while the Greek call them Idumeans.In Nigeria they call themselves Edo while Igbos call them Idu.Could Igbos have migrated from Greece since democracy is a culture shared between Igbos and Greeks.

Must you attach Igbo to people's history all the time? Aren't you guys Jews no more?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Abagworo(m): 12:20am On Aug 05, 2011
9jaganja:

Must you attach Igbo to people's history all the time? Aren't you guys Jews no more?
Lol! I'm just having fun with these Semitic wanna-be's.I am not a part of the Jew crap but why don't we look up to Egypt where a Yoruba known as Alara and an Ijaw known as Priye once ruled.That is where we all migrated from.The nile delta.We have always and will always be blacks.Let us be proud of that.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by rabzy: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2011
The Edos are actually Japanese and were once ruled by a yoruba man called shogun,

We are the human race and there would always be similarities in culture, languages, food etc. The Ashanti numbers is similar to the Edo alphabets, Some words in Ebira are very similar to words in Esan etc. It shows we are from one stock and we all kept separating and diverging thru the millenniums. Am sure there would be some wolof, mende, gan, words that sounds similar to yoruba, hausa Edo etc.

We should be proud of where we came from but we are no better than any other race or tribe.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by amor4ce(m): 3:31am On Sep 13, 2011
Gleaned from a Biblical Anthropology website -

Another view is that Esau is related to the Hebrew asa - to do, to fashion, or to accomplish. Or it may be related to the African word Ishan. Since some of Abraham's ancestors came out of Africa, we should expect the name Esau to be traceable to that area from which they came (Nigeria and Lake Chad). The name Esau is Ishan (http://globalrecordings.net/language/2202) in Nigeria. The Arabic, Aramaic, Chadic and the Hebrew names are linguistically equivalent because they share a common Afro-Asiatic root. Because of the linguistic correspondence, some Islamic scholars suggest that Esau is Esa or Issa, the Quranic name for Jesus. This raises a fascinating possibility that the son beloved of the father, whose birthright was denied him by Israel, is a type of Jesus Christ!
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by amor4ce(m): 1:51am On Feb 25, 2012
Is it not true that a certain reddish- and hairy-looking people frequently associated with a certain stereotype (Genesis 25:32) migrated eastwards from the Edo(m) kingdom?
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by ifyalways(f): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

I have read the scriptures front to back several times over the years and each read takes me deeper through doors I never been before. With the new access come new understanding and awareness. Tonight, I stumbled upon a new link of historical fact.

There is too much similarities than there are dissimilarities between the language, meaning, rituals of the Edos and those of Afro-Asia to dismiss this as just mere coincidence. I have commented a lot about the presence of Yoruba and its sub groups as a whole fraternal of kins who migrated from that region and through different lands before they finally settled in the savannah of what is today Western Nigeria. Some like the Kanem did not go as far.

This Bible is the Hebrew-Greek version written by a Greek and with translation from Old Hebrew. Here is the footnote that caught my attention:

"Edom, the elder twin-brother of Jacob; the region of Idumea was occupied by him"

In Nigeria the only people that have "Idu-". . .anything in their language is the EDO.

Jacob's name was later changed to Israel. The family from that time on became known as "Children of Israel". Therefore the father of the EDOs and the father of the Twelve Tribes of Israel are twin brothers. This means Edos are not Israelites but as I have established numerous times before with evidence of rituals and language similarities, this add to the list and lay emphasis on their proto-semitic root.

I also want to ask why Yoruba people, in addition to high rate of twin births also have children with hair-locks (Dada)?
@Bolded,that's not so,Chief Negro.The Igbos,Onitsha to be specific address themselves as Onicha Ado na Idu.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by amor4ce(m): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2012
What does Onicha Ado na Idu mean?
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by rabzy: 6:55am On Feb 28, 2012
amor4ce:

Gleaned from a Biblical Anthropology website -

Another view is that Esau is related to the Hebrew asa - to do, to fashion, or to accomplish. Or it may be related to the African word Ishan. Since some of Abraham's ancestors came out of Africa, we should expect the name Esau to be traceable to that area from which they came (Nigeria and Lake Chad). The name Esau is Ishan (http://globalrecordings.net/language/2202) in Nigeria. The Arabic, Aramaic, Chadic and the Hebrew names are linguistically equivalent because they share a common Afro-Asiatic root. Because of the linguistic correspondence, some Islamic scholars suggest that Esau is Esa or Issa, the Quranic name for Jesus. This raises a fascinating possibility that the son beloved of the father, whose birthright was denied him by Israel, is a type of Jesus Christ!

Funny funny stuffs just keep popping up from different places. There is nothing like ishan, it is Esan. It was derived from esan fia, meaning 'they have ran away'. This happened when a large group of people fled Benin City due to the tyranny of a king and the city became deserted. When the king asked about his people, he was told they have fled.

This esau mumbo jumbo is way way off key.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by kandiikane(m): 7:03am On Feb 28, 2012
Another attempt to distant yourselves from Africa, Na wa!!
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by amor4ce(m): 8:28am On Feb 28, 2012
Linguistically, what's the difference between Ishan and Esan? Remember that the orthograph we use is borrowed.
So far there has been no logical argument to counter/disprove the observations of the OP about the glaring connection of Edo and Edom. Rather, you who have responded on this thread have done so with evidence-lacking denial and perhaps condemnation.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by ifyalways(f): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
amor4ce:

What does Onicha Ado na Idu mean?
Different folks have given different interpretations to that word.
There are over 4 Onicha's aside the popular Onicha Mmili and Onicha Ado na idu was a "collective term/name" for all of them.However it seems the popular Onicha have claimed sole use/ownership to the name ie Ado na idu.Onichan's "home and abroad" fits aptly,IMO.
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:11pm On Feb 29, 2012
[size=16pt]YOU PEOPLE ARE SUCH FOOLISH WANNABES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

[size=32pt]DOES THIS IN ANY WAY LOOK LIKE A JEW?[/size]

EDO CHIEF WEARING PANGOLIN COSTUME
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by kandiikane(m): 8:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^Please ask them, cheesy
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by amor4ce(m): 11:36pm On Feb 29, 2012
If some Igbo migrated from Edo where did the rest come from if not from Edo and perhaps at different times?

By the way, those oyinbo in Israel (Is-it-real not the true Israel) who are calling themselves Jews and are not, are of the synagogue of satan (Rev 2:9 and 3:9)
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Booshman(m): 4:35am On Mar 02, 2012
amor4ce:

If some Igbo migrated from Edo where did the rest come from if not from Edo and perhaps at different times?

By the way, those oyinbo in Israel (Is-it-real not the true Israel) who are calling themselves Jews and are not, are of the synagogue of satan (Rev 2:9 and 3:9)

To be more precise, "Oyinbo" Jews aren't real Jews, because they speak Yiddish. Which is NOT a Semitic Language, but a variation of German. The only Jews who speak a real Semitic language are Middle Easterners and Black Ethiopians. Oyinbo Jews were Europeans who migrated and converted to Judaism during the 8th century. Well after Judaism was already established. There's a reason why they call themselves "Jew-ISH".
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by amor4ce(m): 1:34am On Mar 03, 2012
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by LilTyRoNe: 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
White archeaologists right now when they sight this una thread

1 Like

Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Kirigidi(m): 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
ifyalways:
@Bolded,that's not so,Chief Negro.The Igbos,Onitsha to be specific address themselves as Onicha Ado na Idu.
You've already explained it! "Onicha Ado na Idu", translated in Edo language, simply mean "Onicha the Edo [Ado] of Benin [Idu]". This is a common appellation of self-hailing/ praise among peoples who migrated from the ancient lands of the OGISOS [present day Benin Kingdom]. For example, my town in Urhoboland used to hail themselves as "Ukori Edo ne Ubini", meaning "Ukori, the Edos of Benin". Know that the Ijaws, Yorubas and some other tribes call the Binis [Edo] "ADO". Also remember that the ancient kingdom of the Ogisos was known as AKA KINGDOM, and the capital was at UDO. IDU might be Igbos corrupt pronunciation of the name UDO, which was the capital of the Ogisos and where people of diverse origin converged under the protection and overlordship of the Ogiso kings. The present BENIN CITY which was at that time known as IGODOMIGODO was just an auxiliary settlement. The collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty triggered massive change of names; OGISO title was changed to OBA title, OGIDOMIGODO was renamed BENIN, capital of the kingdom was transferred from UDO to BENIN CITY, and the Empire's name was changed from AKA to EDO.

1 Like

Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Olu317(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
What I read above is quite interesting!
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by MetaPhysical: 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
Kirigidi:

You've already explained it! "Onicha Ado na Idu", translated in Edo language, simply mean "Onicha the Edo [Ado] of Benin [Idu]". This is a common appellation of self-hailing/ praise among peoples who migrated from the ancient lands of the OGISOS [present day Benin Kingdom]. For example, my town in Urhoboland used to hail themselves as "Ukori Edo ne Ubini", meaning "Ukori, the Edos of Benin". Know that the Ijaws, Yorubas and some other tribes call the Binis [Edo] "ADO". Also remember that the ancient kingdom of the Ogisos was known as AKA KINGDOM, and the capital was at UDO. IDU might be Igbos corrupt pronunciation of the name UDO, which was the capital of the Ogisos and where people of diverse origin converged under the protection and overlordship of the Ogiso kings. The present BENIN CITY which was at that time known as IGODOMIGODO was just an auxiliary settlement. The collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty triggered massive change of names; OGISO title was changed to OBA title, OGIDOMIGODO was renamed BENIN, capital of the kingdom was transferred from UDO to BENIN CITY, and the Empire's name was changed from AKA to EDO.

What were the precussor events to the collapse?
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Kirigidi(m): 11:57am On Mar 31, 2017
MetaPhysical:

What were the precussor events to the collapse?
The collapse of the "Ogiso Dynasty" of the ancient "Aka Kingdom" was brought about by two major factors, namely: [1] Succession disputes among stakeholders, and [2] Distrust among the diverse inhabitants of the kingdom. Remember! The leadership structure of the "Ogiso Dynasty" was quite different from that of the later established "Oba Dynasty". In the Oba Dynasty, succession to the throne is by inheritance by the first son of the last Oba, while during the Ogiso era, succession to the royal throne is majorly by seniority and competence. In addition, the Ogiso kingship position was often rotated among the different quarters/ people that make up the kingdom. Among these different stakeholders who make up the Aka Kingdom in the ancient past and among whom the headship of the Ogiso throne is rotated are the Urhobo-Isokos, the Ishans, the Ikas [Agbor] and the aboriginal Akas [ancestors of the Binis]. It may interest you to know that the migration of many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans to their present locations took place during the Ogiso era between 700AD and 980AD when the ancient kingdom was still known as "AKA", and several of these migrations were triggered by succession disputes and disagreement with neighbors. The Ogiso era migration explains why my people [the Urhobo-Isoko] are more conversant and familiar with the history of the Ogisos and ancient Aka kingdom than they are with the later established Oba dynasty and Benin kingdom. This is because by the time the Oba Dynasty was introduced, the ancestors of many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans have already left AKA KINGDOM to settle in the Delta region. In short up til date, the Urhobo-Isoko still call the Binis who inherited the land, the ancient name "AKA" [note that the name AKA mainly refers to the land ruled by the OGISO and it's used as name for any present day inhabitants of the land]. The later name "Benin" sometimes sounds strange to my people when mentioned because my much of our ancestors have left that territory before the change of the name from "AKA" to "BENIN". Urhobo-Isoko history and folklore are always full of stories of the hale days/ glory of the Ogiso era, but only little about the Oba era. It is worthy of note that the Urhobo-Isoko were major and active stakeholders in the government of the Ogisos, and some of these Ogisos were in fact Urhobo-Isoko in origin. One of such Urhobo-Isoko born Ogisos was "Ogiso Ere" who was later deposed and migrated with his followers to establish the Urhobo kingdom of Ughelli in about the 9th century. Another was "Ogiso Ekpuigho". In summary, succession disputes were frequent during the Ogiso Dynasty as different quarters claimed rights to the throne whenever a new Ogiso is to be crowned, and such disputes sometimes resulted in civil unrests and crises during which dissatisfied stakeholders fled or migrated out to form new settlements elsewhere. Such series of succession and distrust among Udo inhabitants came to a breaking point following the death of the last Ogiso of Aka Kingdom called "Owodo" whose only surviving male child "Ekaladerhan" was banished from Udo the capital and later found himself in Ile-Ife. And as such, different parties battled for the vacant throne. This created a sort of civil war scenario leading to mass exodus of peoples from the kingdom particularly from the capital "Udo". As a result, there was an interregnum which signaled the final collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty and subsequent emergence of the Oba Dynasty. Remember that even after the establishment of the Oba Dynasty at Igodomigodo [Benin City],the people of Udo [the former capital of the defunct AKA Kingdom] for several centuries refused to acknowledge, accept or recognize the over-lordship and authority of the Obas and continue to crowned their own separate kings until Udo land was later conquered during the reign of one of the powerful Obas.

1 Like

Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by Olu317(m): 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Kirigidi:

The collapse of the "Ogiso Dynasty" of the ancient "Aka Kingdom" was brought about by two major factors, namely: [1] Succession disputes among stakeholders, and [2] Distrust among the diverse inhabitants of the kingdom. Remember! The leadership structure of the "Ogiso Dynasty" was quite different from that of the later established "Oba Dynasty". In the Oba Dynasty, succession to the throne is by inheritance by the first son of the last Oba, while during the Ogiso era, succession to the royal throne is majorly by seniority and competence. In addition, the Ogiso kingship position is often rotated among the different quarters/ people that make up the kingdom. Among these different stakeholders who make up the Aka Kingdom in the ancient past and among whom the headship of the Ogiso throne is rotated are the Urhobo-Isokos, the Ishans, the Ikas [Agbor] and the aboriginal Akas [ancestors of the Binis], among st others. It may interest you to know that the migration of many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans to their present locations took place during the Ogiso era between 700AD and 980AD when the ancient kingdom was still known as "AKA", and several of these migrations were triggered by succession disputes and disagreement with neighbors. The Ogiso era migration explains why my people [the Urhobo-Isoko] are more conversant and familiar with the history of the Ogisos and ancient Aka kingdom than they are with the later established Oba dynasty and Benin kingdom. This is because by the time the Oba Dynasty was introduced, the ancestors of many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans have already left AKA KINGDOM to settle in the Delta region. In short up til date, the Urhobo-Isoko still call the Binis who inherited the land, the ancient name "AKA" [note that the name AKA mainly refers to the land ruled by the OGISO and it's used as name for any present day inhabitants of the land]. The later name "Benin" sometimes sounds strange to my people when mentioned because my much of our ancestors have left that territory before the change of the name from "AKA" to "BENIN". Urhobo-Isoko history and folklore are always full of stories of the hale days/ glory of the Ogiso era, but only little about the Oba era. It is worthy of note that the Urhobo-Isoko were major and active stakeholders in the government of the Ogisos, and some of these Ogisos were in fact Urhobo-Isoko in origin. One of such Urhobo-Isoko born Ogisos was "Ogiso Ere" who was later deposed and migrated with his followers to establish the Urhobo kingdom of Ughelli in about the 9th century. Another was "Ogiso Ekpuigho". In summary, succession disputes were frequent during the Ogiso Dynasty as different quarters claimed rights to the throne whenever a new Ogiso is to be crowned, and such disputes sometimes resulted in civil unrests and crises during which dissatisfied stakeholders fled or migrated out to form new settlements elsewhere. Such series of succession and distrust among Udo inhabitants came to a breaking point following the death of the last Ogiso of Aka Kingdom called "Owodo" whose only surviving male child "Ekaladerhan" was banished from Udo the capital and later found himself in Ile-Ife. And as such, different parties battled for the vacant throne. This created a sort of civil war scenario leading to mass exodus of peoples from the kingdom particularly from the capital "Udo". This created an interregnum which signaled the final collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty and subsequent emergence of the Oba Dynasty. Remember that even after the establishment of the Oba Dynasty at Igodomigodo [Benin City],the people of Udo [the former capital of the defunct AKA Kingdom] for several centuries refused to acknowledge, accept or recognize the over-lordship and authority of the Obas and continue to crowned their own separate kings until Udo land was later conquered during the reign of one of the powerful Obas.
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT ABOUT TO MENTION EKELARDAN OR WHATEVER NAME YOU CALL HIM AS OLOFIN ADIMUELA CUM ODU'A . I am interested in learning your history but don't call my own father, as someone from AKA or whatever village of ogiso dynasty .Your prince died at a village not far from Ogodomigodo. It is disgusting to read false story as it concerns Odua. Period
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by MetaPhysical: 5:19am On Apr 01, 2017
Kirigidi:

The collapse of the "Ogiso Dynasty" of the ancient "Aka Kingdom" was brought about by two major factors, namely: [1] Succession disputes among stakeholders, and [2] Distrust among the diverse inhabitants of the kingdom. Remember! The leadership structure of the "Ogiso Dynasty" was quite different from that of the later established "Oba Dynasty". In the Oba Dynasty, succession to the throne is by inheritance by the first son of the last Oba, while during the Ogiso era, succession to the royal throne is majorly by seniority and competence. In addition, the Ogiso kingship position was often rotated among the different quarters/ people that make up the kingdom. Among these different stakeholders who make up the Aka Kingdom in the ancient past and among whom the headship of the Ogiso throne is rotated are the Urhobo-Isokos, the Ishans, the Ikas [Agbor] and the aboriginal Akas [ancestors of the Binis]. It may interest you to know that the migration of many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans to their present locations took place during the Ogiso era between 700AD and 980AD when the ancient kingdom was still known as "AKA", and several of these migrations were triggered by succession disputes and disagreement with neighbors. The Ogiso era migration explains why my people [the Urhobo-Isoko] are more conversant and familiar with the history of the Ogisos and ancient Aka kingdom than they are with the later established Oba dynasty and Benin kingdom. This is because by the time the Oba Dynasty was introduced, the ancestors of many of the Urhobo-Isoko clans have already left AKA KINGDOM to settle in the Delta region. In short up til date, the Urhobo-Isoko still call the Binis who inherited the land, the ancient name "AKA" [note that the name AKA mainly refers to the land ruled by the OGISO and it's used as name for any present day inhabitants of the land]. The later name "Benin" sometimes sounds strange to my people when mentioned because my much of our ancestors have left that territory before the change of the name from "AKA" to "BENIN". Urhobo-Isoko history and folklore are always full of stories of the hale days/ glory of the Ogiso era, but only little about the Oba era. It is worthy of note that the Urhobo-Isoko were major and active stakeholders in the government of the Ogisos, and some of these Ogisos were in fact Urhobo-Isoko in origin. One of such Urhobo-Isoko born Ogisos was "Ogiso Ere" who was later deposed and migrated with his followers to establish the Urhobo kingdom of Ughelli in about the 9th century. Another was "Ogiso Ekpuigho". In summary, succession disputes were frequent during the Ogiso Dynasty as different quarters claimed rights to the throne whenever a new Ogiso is to be crowned, and such disputes sometimes resulted in civil unrests and crises during which dissatisfied stakeholders fled or migrated out to form new settlements elsewhere. Such series of succession and distrust among Udo inhabitants came to a breaking point following the death of the last Ogiso of Aka Kingdom called "Owodo" whose only surviving male child "Ekaladerhan" was banished from Udo the capital and later found himself in Ile-Ife. . And as such, different parties battled for the vacant throne. This created a sort of civil war scenario leading to mass exodus of peoples from the kingdom particularly from the capital "Udo". As a result, there was an interregnum which signaled [b]the final collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty and subsequent emergence of the Oba Dynasty.[/] Remember that even after the establishment of the Oba Dynasty at Igodomigodo [Benin City],the people of Udo [the former capital of the defunct AKA Kingdom] for several centuries refused to acknowledge, accept or recognize the over-lordship and authority of the Obas and continue to crowned their own separate kings until Udo land was later conquered during the reign of one of the powerful Obas.

You pictured a scenario in which two different peoples lived on the land and the Akas are the aborigines but subjects under the Urhobo/Isoko who owned the Ogiso throne.

Those who own throne also own and control the army.

For some strange reason, those who I expect to use their military might to sack those who rebel authority are in fact the ones getting sacked by the subjects underneath them...to a point where they lost the Ogisoship and all traces of it completely wiped out. This is an aberration and deviates from typical human story of social order and greatness.

Where did the Akas get Obaship from? How did it come about in the middle of a people previously without a throne or domain power?

Also, can you share what Ekaladeran, the son of a King, who couldnt protect his throne and land in Aka did in a strange land in Ile Ife?
Re: The Edos & The Children Of Israel - Born Of The Same Father! by kingjay1: 7:42pm On Mar 29
The problem here is that, Esau was white... So no Edo could not have come from esau sir

(1) (Reply)

Origin Of Igbos And Their Neighbours / ? / Oriki Omo Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.