Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

How Early Is Antenatal? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Early Is Antenatal? (70975 Views)

Doctors Putting Hands On Private Parts During Antenatal / How Early Do H I V Symptoms Show After Infection, i was exposed last wednesday ? / N5000 Antenatal Allowance For Pregnant Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Early Is Antenatal? by oduamine: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2011
Hallo house
How early can a woman register for antenatal after discovering that she's pregnant?
The do's and dont's you know about pregnancy.
Tanks
Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by hazureal(f): 8:38pm On Aug 03, 2011
It's good to register for ante-natal as soon as your pregnancy is confirmed.
Some women claim they'll wait till it's over 3months cos then, risks of miscarriage would've reduced. They say it would be a waste of time and resources to register early, and miscarry later. I dont agree to this notion because if you register very early, miscarriage would be prevented through proper ante-natal care.
There are lots of dos and donts in pregnancy and you're surely surrounded by information. Asides the advices you'll get from your doctor, colleagues, family members and friends, you can browse the internet and get some books(i use BabyCentre guide to pregnancy and birth).

2 Likes

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by oduamine: 10:08am On Aug 04, 2011
@hazureal tanks,but going for antenatal early doesnt prevent miscarraiage in early trimester.
And i would like pple to comment how they carry to term their pregnancy, what they eat,drink and how they go abt their pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by blank(f): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2011
Read books and register early so that they will tell you what to eat and drink while pregnant.
Meanwhile avoid Vitamin A but take up to 800mg of Folic acid everyday.
Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by dominique(f): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2011
@oduamine
i believe you're a first timer. so i'll suggest you visit your ob/gyn within the first three months. s/he'll tell you to get plenty of rest, don't stress yourself, try and avoid bending and heavy lifting. if you're below three months, you don't need any drugs yet. but you can take multi-vitamin supplements, blood tonic (if you're getting dizzy spells) and anti-malaria tablets.

1 Like

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by moi2(f): 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2011
Anti-malarials in first trimester shocked
Please go register for ante-natals and do take folic acid, very important in the first few months.
Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by blank(f): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
You see why u need to register early? Pls, AVOID anti malaria right now. U should have started folic acid even before you got pregnant. Its very important in the prevention of some serious deformities in the baby especially at this early stage. THe earlier u start folic acid the better. 400mgs for your baby and 400mgs for u.

1 Like

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by dominique(f): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
blank:

You see why u need to register early? [b]Pls, AVOID anti malaria right now. [/b]U should have started folic acid even before you got pregnant. Its very important in the prevention of some serious deformities in the baby especially at this early stage. THe earlier u start folic acid the better. 400mgs for your baby and 400mgs for u.

seriously?
daraprim antimalarial was one of the drugs the doctor recommended for me during my first and i didn't use folic acid till sometime in the second trimester. actually, i was made to understand that one doesn't really need to take drugs till after first trimester. all you need is rest ant eat well. so i don't think i will be rushing to the hospital so soon in subsequent pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2011
Congrats, get urself prgnacarE (vry important).

1 Like

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by jtkoko9(f): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
Where can one get folic acid supplement to buy and pls wut are the foods that are rich in folic acid.
Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by bnanzip(m): 7:27am On Jun 19, 2015
I know this is old, but for anybody that may come afterwards, my advice is that you should not listen to what some non-medical mothers tell you. Because they never know what is good for you. It may work for them but human body is the not same for everybody, so ALWAYS see your obstretrician for as early as possible. Infact the earlier you go, the better for you. You may care to read this article on the Prevention of complications and what you need to do or avoid while pregnant. http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/11/posts/46/preventing-complications-in-pregnancy-the-facts-you-need-to-know-to-safe-your-baby-and-yourself.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Early Is Antenatal? by Chydobe: 3:13am On May 12, 2020
Eight Vital Things every African Woman should Expect at their First Antenatal Appointment...Click on link below to find out

http://dailyafricanwoman.com/first-antenatal-appointment-8-vital-things-african-women-need-to-know/

(1) (Reply)

CLAM Church Opens SOTERIA Hospital In Lagos (Photo) / No Menstruation 6 Months After Giving Birth / Benefits Of Early Morning Sex By UNILORIN Professor, Musa Yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.