Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens (24357 Views)

Thugs Attack Atiku’s Supporter’s (Lee Maeba's) Residence In Rivers (Photos) / Wike Revokes Sen Maeba’s Land In Port Harcourt Amid Crackdown On Atiku Loyalists / Wike, Opara, Sekibo, Dokpesi, Lee Maeba Arrive Justice Odili's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by kahal29: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2022
In a chat with The PUNCH, a former lawmaker, Senator Maeba, who was removed as the Chairman of Elechi Amadi Polytechnic, said the governor’s action was because of his closeness to Atiku.

He said, “We have a candidate of the party who has the capacity to lead Nigeria out of crisis. So nothing can deter us from supporting Atiku to save Nigeria.

“Wike is not hiding that he is fighting Atiku. Yes, he said so. He called a meeting of Ogoni people who are with him and told them to tell me that he will see how I will campaign for Atiku in this state and he is ready to fight to the finish.

“We don’t know what he (Wike) is planning to do because when campaigns start we are qualified to campaign too. We are waiting to see how he will do it. This is a joke taken too far.”

Senator Maeba also confirmed the removal of former Governor Clestine Omehia and a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chief Austin Opara, as leaders of their party in Ikwerre and Port Harcourt City LGAs respectively.

“Yes, he (Wike) called them and humiliated them before their people because we went to pay a solidarity visit to Atiku which we are supposed to do.

“All of us knew Atiku before him. Austin Opara has been in the House of Representatives since 1999. He was the deputy speaker when Atiku was Vice-President. That time Wike was struggling to be local government chairman. So, if Austin Opara has to take permission from him today to go and see Atiku, then something is wrong,” he stated.

Maeba also took a swipe at Wike, saying nobody was in charge of Rivers’ votes.

He said, “There is nobody that is in charge of any vote. Vote is individual business now. For somebody to be boasting that he is in charge of votes, means he has a rigging plan.

“Why are you in charge of votes? You cannot be in charge of votes, because everybody has individual votes to cast. If Adegboyega Oyetola was in charge of votes in Osun, he wouldn’t have lost election.

“So, for somebody to be boasting he is in charge of votes, people should ask him where do you want to get the votes? How many voters card does he have?

On the allegations of politicians holding meetings in Abuja against him, Maeba said the governor was talking as if he was ‘superhuman’.

“Let me tell you something. When you apportion so much right to yourself, then you are superhuman. Austin Opara was the deputy speaker of the House of Representatives when Atiku Abubakar was the Vice President. They attended caucus meeting together and National Economic Council Meeting.

“So, does it mean that Austin Opara who has been friends with Atiku for over 20 years ago will now start to beg Wike to go and see Atiku?

“So, he (Wike) is the one who doesn’t have respect for citizens.

Like me, I met Atiku first in 1992 in Jos for the SDP campaigns. We started working together in 2003 when I became Senator. That time where was he (Wike)? When Austin Opara was working with Atiku, holding meetings, Wike was struggling to come into limelight.

“So, when you use comments like that that you are not the kind of politician that people will hold meetings against in Abuja, he goes to Abuja every day. He flies to Abuja. In fact he virtually sleeps in Abuja. So if you don’t have respect for the rights of senior citizens of the state, you don’t have respect for their right to survive and self-sustenance, then something is wrong with your own system,” the former senator stated.

Continuing, Maeba said, “If you continue to call yourself, I am a strong Governor, we need strong institutions not strong men. The best way to democracy is strong institutions not strong men.

“A strong man is synonymous with the Idi Amin’s of those days. There are no strong men anymore. What we need are strong institutions to strengthen our institutions.”

Efforts to reach former Rivers State Governor, Sir Celestine Omehia and the former deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Austin Opara, proved abortive as they neither answered several calls put across to their mobile telephone by our correspondent nor replied text messages sent to them as of the time of filing this report on Monday night.

On Wike’s remarks that those who looted the state would not become Rivers Governor, the All Progressives Congress in the state described it as cowardly.

The state Publicity Secretary of the APC, Chris Finebone while speaking to one of our correspondents on telephone urged the governor to list names of those he was referring to.

Finebone explained described Wike’s statement as an illusion and a false sense of bravado, pointing out that the governor was already playing anti-party to have threatened to use Rivers votes against Atiku.

https://punchng.com/peace-talks-suffer-wike-descends-on-atikus-men/

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by ThrownBack: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2022
All I saw up there are greedy politicians fighting to save their stomach by supporting bad candidates just to satisfy their greed, no single mention of their people of Rivers state and how to ensure their survival or economic sustainance. Its all about their pockets, them and wike trying to outdo themselves.

I have news for you Maeba and Wike,

The people of Rivers state are thinking of their own stomachs too, and looking out for a man who can stop the stealing of public funds to settle political crooks since 1992. We are looking for a man who will use our commonwealth to create jobs, build industries and keep our lives secure, so we can enjoy our country.

We think that Peter Obi and Yusuf Baba Datti Ahmed can work for us the people, not patronise the same political crooks who have kept us in the mud since 1960.

We will Vote for LP, and defend our votes.
Our lives may depend on it.

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Xscape1993(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike is going too far....

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Kenpaly(m): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2022
Its good to respect people but sometimes those you normaly respects may take your 4 granted or think that your are fool.eg i use to great people but if i pecieve/notice that you take me as a fool then i withdraw those respet/greeting.i expirience it in my yard.

19 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by apache22b: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2022
I see some Obidient urchins being dismayed and masturbating with the viral song Emilokan, to set the record straight. All Peter Obi supporters will be disappointed come February 2023 election because Tinubu must be the next President of this Country.

All Nigerian youths i implore everyone to come out and vote massively for Tinubu. He's been ordained by god already to take us to the promise land, Peter Obi is a failure and will continue to fail.

Falseprophet1 confirmed it already

Youths let us all say No to Peter Obi and their imaginary Obidient's. Enough is Enough

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Toluwanise247(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2022
Family wahala please go back home and solve it , dem no dey solve problem on nairaland oo wrong now…. Obidient supporters continue from where I stop….

3 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Cantonese: 8:05am On Aug 09, 2022
Whatever happens, they will resolve it before the election.

However OBI is on the way to take over.

Let’s all be OBIdient.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by bigdammyj: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
Noted.
Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by EmmyDJourno: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
No more respect for anybody wey no dey work for a better Nigeria
Whether na elders, young person or Wike
Anybody wey do anyhow right now go see anyhow
Obodo tirieti angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Frigga13: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike is fighting for political relevance after 2023..
Knowing fully well that efcc and icpc will be on his trail.. he wants protection from his own people

Wike is fighting with igbo group, ijaws , ogoni, okrika .. where then is the votes that he’s incharge ?

Plus Wike minus Wike .. Pdp will win Rivers state

What would have happened if Pdp have lost Osun without Wike Fayose Makinde ?

Yoruba media for don hyp the hell out of him.. but we won.. without Laquacious fools..

Pdp want Wike out of the party.. the frustrate idiot sit like aladite .. he no wan move ..

Pdp double dare Wike to decamp.. and be giving the Ameachi treatment .. Ameachi lost Rivers state .. infact he was louder and more disciplined that what ever Wike is.

Yet he lost as a sitting governor to opposition

Who then is Wike ?

A frustrate idiot being empowered by Yoruba media

When the time comes .. he must retire in prison.. Wike is not better than Buhari Obasanjo Kalu Nyame who have spent time in jail

E go play am like film

Power to the people
North 2023

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Salvador1: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
apache22b:
I see some Obidient urchins being dismayed and masturbating with the viral song Emilokan, to set the record straight. All Peter Obi supporters will be disappointed come February 2023 election because Tinubu must be the next President of this Country.

All Nigerian youths i implore everyone to come out and vote massively for Tinubu. He's been ordained by god already to take us to the promise land, Peter Obi is a failure and will continue to fail.

Youths let us all say No to Peter Obi and their imaginary Obidient's. Enough is Enough

19 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by ThrownBack: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2022
apache22b:

Hand dey shake oo
Leg dey shake,
Baba wey no well,
E de shout emi lo kan
(2ce) grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by masinga07(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike will still regret all his actions. He won't be relevant forever.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by jkpbestseries: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2022
na so... Dis one dey talk for him village people

1 Like

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2022
tongue Senator Lee, you can’t serve two masters . Ungrateful lot, especially Celestine Omehia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by iiifedimma(f): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Please let's support honourable Peter obi for the president's of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

10 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by fasho01(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2022
Cry me a river

4 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Roozzaay(m): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2022
The way this thug and bully of a man is staying relevant in Nigeria politics speaks volume.

5 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Ahmed0336(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike behaviours is beginning to irritate me.

So because he is fighting with Atiku all riverians should start fighting Atiku?

He shouldn't force anybody to fight for him, allow your people to do the fighting.

22 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Seniorwriter(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2022
Respect for elders greedy & misbehaving old people that sees leadership office as retirement homes?...SMH....
Though wike is also highly incompetent and lacks class as regards managing situations and relationships...

Parachoko:
This useless scammer too dey abuse person grin

You wey dey scam person of 5k.
Pinned..

@Seniorwriter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by SenatePresdo(m): 8:08am On Aug 09, 2022
I don't know Wike in person, but there is nothing I read about him that shows he's a good person.

Meanwhile I can feel his pain, PDP no try for am at all.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by chatinent: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike is power-hungry.

Same with other politicians contesting.

It makes the politics sweeter.

9 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Jamiubond009(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
angry
Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Salvador1: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
All tinubu bandits want now is for wike to declare support for tinubu.
But sorry ooo u people will be disappointed.

10 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Gourdoinc(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Lol.they will continue to fight themselves till LP enters Aso Rock. Who the Lord wants to shame, he first makes mad. Atiku and that muslim muslim progenitor are both going nowhere in 2023. We will teach them politics 101

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by EmmyDJourno: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
apache22b:

Our Mumu don do, but your own just dey ripe grin

12 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by Maxymilliano(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
Wike should remember that the likes of Peter Odili and Rotimi were once governor of Rivers ... No king rules forever

13 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by pyyxxaro: 8:09am On Aug 09, 2022
I know WIKE really did his best to hold PDP together, but he shout use his head

All these graagraaa get the way e take de cast later

8 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by IboHausaYoruba: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2022
After you people decided to shortchanged a loyal party man. Someone who singlehandedly rescued PDP from becoming an obsolete party, spent personal and Rivers' money, wrestled power from the almighty Lion of Ubima. Someone who stood like the rock of Gibraltar and shield all of you minnows from being devoured by APC. And you think such a man does not deserves to be given presidential ticket? Wike has been cheated by PDP and it's painful this might be the beginning of the end for them.

7 Likes

Re: Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens by KanwuliaExtra: 8:10am On Aug 09, 2022
Elders my FOOT!
Did the elders respect themselves?
Buhari na elder or COW? undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Dances To 'Buga' Song At Lagos Women Support Walk For Tinubu (Video) / Farouk Lawan Contacted Us After He Discovered The Money Was Mark:police / Quotes From Parents Of Cynthia Osokogu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.