Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 PM

Is One Source Of Income Risky? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is One Source Of Income Risky? (4249 Views)

Are You Tired Of One Source Of Income? / Investing In Nigeria: How Risky? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Apiyoyo: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
how many of us has a plan B for our lives
just in case one of the 3R's happen where will you be (Retire, Retrench, Resign)
One of these is bound to happen at one point in our lives

let your plan A-be your salary
let your plan B-be your profit

in plan A you compete for wealth
but in plan B you create wealth
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Nobody: 3:17am On Aug 17, 2011
@op very interesting thread but i dissagree with your a and b classification. Wealth creation doesn't imune from competetion but competetion drives you to create more wealth. However, the higher your means of income the lower your risk . It's all about cashflow management.@op very interesting thread but i dissagree with your a and b classification. Wealth creation doesn't imune from competetion but competetion drives you to create more wealth. However, the higher your means of income the lower your risk . It's all about cashflow management.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by bizboy01(m): 3:37am On Aug 17, 2011
Very risky my brother, If not for anything, we should boast of 6 multiple streams of income.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 17, 2011
do u have to 'boast'? open as many streams of income as u can manage, make da bucks and quietly enjoy ur rich life.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by xpagnol: 4:16am On Aug 17, 2011
ok now, try and see 4 your self my brother, infact one source and multiple expenditure is the roadmap to the top.
lock ur door pls.lol
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by anayoe(m): 4:49am On Aug 17, 2011
Riskier than you can ever imagine.

But it all comes down to this,
inasmuch as it is very good to have multiple streams of income.
It is very best to have multiple streams of passive income as they
can guarantee you financial independence without sweat and much energy exertion.

Thanks.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Qshare: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2011
sometimes its better to have one good job thanks many bad ones
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Qshare: 7:32am On Aug 17, 2011
*EDIT*
sometimes its better to have one good source than many bad ones
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by tankwa: 7:59am On Aug 17, 2011
very very risky
I am a banker and I am not sure of tmorrow.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by cee1(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2011
Apiyoyo:

just in case one of the 3R's happen where will you be (Retire, Retrench, Resign)

I totally agree with you. the only thing i would add to this formula is a clause that reads "provided your long term plan is to have the said plan B be your plan A"

This issue is something people take for granted until they realize they just went from grace to grass overnight after a pink slip.

I wrote a short song bout dis like last month. the audio sounds weird coz it was not recorded in a studio n i only put it in vid format coz of d lyrics.

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4WZjpdjMhw[/flash]
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 17, 2011
Apiyoyo:

omo u dun yarn am finish
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by dustydee: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2011
It's great to have other sources of income.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by sirp2007: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2011
THIS IS TRUE, I READ SOMETIME AGO ABOUT THE TERM pigs meaning;passive income generating scheme.simply put wht ever u re doing(employee or self employed)make sure u hv other souce of income.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by unphilaz(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2011
true talk! currently planning to enter storage business as my plan b. rightly plan a is what am using as leverage as i allow plan b b strong b4 d 3R might set in
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by deboski4u: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2011
it all depends on the kind of work one does and the time he has to do other things. IF YOU NEED SECURITY EQUIPMENT LIKE BAGGAGE SCRENNING MACHINE, WALK THROUGH METAL DETECTOR, EXPLOSIVE/BOMB DETECTOR MACHINE, HAND HELD METAL DETECTOR, UNDER VEHICLE SEARCH MIRROR WITH RECORDING DEVICES ETC. WE ARE SECURITY CONSULTANT. IF U ARE INTERESTED CALL 07056898304 AT AFFORDABLE PRICE. THANKS
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by mrjingles(m): 9:49am On Aug 17, 2011
One source of income is like trying to walk with one leg without any aid-You aint going nowhere
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2011
mrjingles:

One source of income is like trying to walk with one leg without any aid-You aint going nowhere
lol! grin grin
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by wise(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2011
Guy, One source of income is a BIG RISKS, at least, one must have three source of income and two must not be directly connected to you or run by you alone because if you are the major player in all, what would happen when the major player is injure or body system shutdown and end up in Hospital for a while?,
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by MMM2(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2011
get rich or die trying

anywhich way na way. cool
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by gee2(m): 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
it is risky if ur an employee n dnt gat no plan 2 start up ur own business b4 ur kicked out.

havin ur own profit makin business is d least risky path 2 take
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Apiyoyo: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2011
hey guys,thanks for the reply
this goes to show that many of us have a plan B already or planning to have one

so lets hear our plan B
afterall the two most important things in any one,s life
are information and contact

starting with myself network marketing in a lucrative company
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Apiyoyo: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
I totally agree with you. the only thing i would add to this formula is a clause that reads "provided your long term plan is to have the said plan B be your plan A"

This issue is something people take for granted until they realize they just went from grace to grass overnight after a pink slip.

I wrote a short song bout dis like last month. the audio sounds weird coz it was not recorded in a studio n i only put it in vid format coz of d lyrics.

nice one
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2011
M M M:

get rich or die trying

anywhich way na way. cool
This your slogan na die o. Take it easy.

@poster, one is just too risky no matter how secure or the consistency with which you do it cos there are extra ordinary events that rarely but do happen. As for me as long as I understand the business I go into it.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Igosun: 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2011
Humm this our naija now it's good to have like 2 or 3 source of income, Working coupled with business(a profitable one).
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by GMcompere: 1:53pm On Aug 17, 2011
O di kwa RISKY ( It is very risky) and thats why I also Compere for occassions and events even as I work with a multinational.
Please patronise me abeg grin www.gmcompere.com
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by femmy2010(m): 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
A single governmental policy could send one down the drain.
Always good to have a secondary source of income.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by BigMeat2: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2011
It is good to have a main source of income and other smaller sources to keep body and soul together.
A good example, people working in the private sector in this country, where they can be made redundant at short notice should have other legitimate sources of income. It does help in the long run.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by kokoye(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
is this a trick question
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by lokopet: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2011
pls guys, i need a help on other streams of income. i m newly wedded and my works too but we re strongly to survive because the salary is not fantastic. I need help.

Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by lokopet: 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
the nos is 08039429853, other sources is A must in this depressing times. Pls give advice on wht to do to earn megaly cos my work is not meeting my demands of family.
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 18, 2011
All rich men doesn't have 1 source of income,even Gate,so if u wana b rich,u got 2 follow d tradition.
Setting up different biz is equally risky 4 average Nigerian employees,but as corporate and financial consultants we advise u go 4 passive income.

YEAR 2012, has been predictd 2b a period of great WEALTH TRANSFER,learn more n hw 2 achieve financial freedom @ www.korporatekonsult..com, HOME OF TRUE SEEKERS OF FINANCIAL FREEDOM
Re: Is One Source Of Income Risky? by oshyno(m): 10:28am On Aug 18, 2011
Plan B & C is definetly wat will put one on a good footing.Funny enough I have being thinking of what to do with my salary for the past 3months.
These days fixing your money in a bank is even riskier cuz you wont know which bank would be folded next.

Meanwhile am considering going into transport business; buy a taxi and place it on hire purchase cus I wouldnt have the time n stress to be shouting on d driver to be giving me my   3k everyday.What do u guys think of this one proposal ?

Had the mind of going into security systems installation-CCTV ,security fencing et all but cant leave work to cordinate this soo Im  thinking of going into storage business as my plan C just so that I wont leave my cash in the bank lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Original Sumec Generator / Practical Guide To Generating Your Own Electricity Without Petrol / We Buy Waste Maltina Cans In Large Quantities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.