Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki (11195 Views)

2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / NDA Attack: We Can’t Rule Out Insider Collaboration ― Lucky Irabor Declares / 2023 Presidency: Bello Can’t Rule Even A Pig Farm – Deji Adeyanju Mocks Kogi Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by powerfulguy: 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2022
Former Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, has aimed an indirect shot at the APC presidential candidate for 2023 election, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, over the controversy on his academic certificates.

In the INEC Form CF001 submitted on June 17, 2022, Tinubu did not provide details of his primary and secondary schools as the spaces were left blank.

He also did not attach copies of his certificates, which he stated in an affidavit, had been stolen.

This generated speculations that the APC flag-bearer could be hiding some details or was unsure of his credentials.

The matter took another dimension when four APC chieftains approached the court to seek Tinubu’s disqualification from the presidential election.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed of Federal High Court, Abuja, has fixed September 7. 2022, for hearing.

But Saraki while speaking in Ilorin, said people with certificate issues were not fit to put themselves forward to rule Nigeria.

The summit with the theme: “Character as Leadership” was organized by Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi Omoluabi Foundation as part of the International Youth Day programme.

According to him, “How can people who are struggling over basic issues of certificate aspire for the position of leadership anywhere in Nigeria?

“One of the core ingredients of leadership has to do with character. Nigeria has been ruined and the youth especially must be part of the process to elect those that will fix it to secure a bright future.

“My appeal to the youth is all about your future. In 2015, the rate of unemployment was only 8 percent, today, it is over 42 percent, in 2015, a dollar was N200 then but now N700. Cost of food has risen astronomically and rice is now over N30,000 from N10,000. We are all suffering because of choice of leadership.”

The former Senate President said the followers also have fault in the country’s predicament by choosing the wrong leaders.

“It is time we stop blaming the leaders because the followers also have roles to play, we know what is right and we know what is wrong, but we choose to do what is wrong.

“I was in the Senate, I knew what was wrong, I could have joined people to do what was wrong but I did what is right, it is time to do what is right.

“Though it’s difficult, I know, but if we do what is right, by the end of the day, we’ll get there. I want to appeal to all of us here, let us do what is right, let us stand for competence.

“There is no point for us coming to celebrate if we cannot take decision on choice of leadership, it is time for us to look at the choice of our leaders and when somebody comes out to vote, we should ask whether he has good character, courage and competence”, he said.

In his speech, Ekiti state governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi urged the youth to participate in politics and governance in the country to make it better.

Fayemi who was represented by Mr Akin Omole, Ekiti state Commissioner for Information said, “Every Omoluabi should participate in politics and government to move Nigeria forward.

In his welcome address, Abdullahi explained that the programme was meant to prepare youth to be armed and ready to determine the future of the country in the next 25 years.

Abdullahi, who is the Kwara Central Senatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the forthcoming 2023 election gives the youth the opportunity to make the right choice of leadership.

He said, “Nigeria is a country with large number of people and large number of youth, there is need to prepare the youth for the future of this country and project what it will be in the next 25 to 50 years.”
https://dailytrust.com/2023-those-with-certificate-controversy-cant-rule-nigeria-saraki

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Quest7777: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2022

Plus more importantly, those with health controversy. cool

May God forbid bat thing that Nigeria will end up with a President like this...

77 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by babyfaceafrica: 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
Nobody cares

Even those with certificates didn't rule well. Eveybody na scam. Make eveybody go their way

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by StrongandMighty: 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2022
He didn't mention any names oo but agbado urchins will feel attacked...

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by blazingblender(m): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2022
Very sure
But Nigerians are to blind to see that
Just give them 2000 naira and they will forget you liked their brothers and sisters

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by gift2xl: 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2022
Don't take this political harlot talk serious. Because they are the same.
They are good at joining head's

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Coolsperm: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2022
Am so sorry for Tinubu , is a pity

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Great2017: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
gift2xl:
Don't take this political harlot talk serious. Because they are the same.
They are good at joining head's
They might be the same but truth be told, good leadership cannot be separated from character

16 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by EndsarsReloaded: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu in the mud.
How a criminal with a very shady paste and currently suffering from Parkinson disease wants to rule Nigeria is what baffles me.

Nice one Saraki, every well meaning Nigerian supports you.

30 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Salvador1: 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2022
Tinubu urchins will attack him now.

It's like saying... Vote for credible, competent and strong candidate, cassava garri eba ewa supporters will change am for u.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by loosecanon50(m): 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2022
Cassava and agbado muchin BATstards thinks otherwise

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Igbodicool(m): 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2022
O TE GO to EMI LO KAN!

109 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by WonderManly(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2022
Chai!..

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by DropsMic(m): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2022
In a sane society. Yes. But this is Nigeria, the devil's front yard. Here anything and everything is possible

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Cj4charles(m): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2022
That was how the whole skull miners happily joined the North to vote for a disaster with Bet9a slip as Certificate, Just to deal with South East and South South. Now see where it has landed everyone

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Realtalk20: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2022
We agree...

Let the North keep power if the Southwest won't allow Peter Obi rule

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Lemmy123(m): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2022
Very true
Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by FuckSilly: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2022
MUMU man

You wey get certificate, wetin you achieve for Kwara State as a governor for EIGHT YEARS?

BASTARD SENILĒ OLD FOOL THIEF.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Jestin: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
How we keep making same mistakes is what beats my imagination. It is crystal clear that Baba Lagos will rule this country from London and yet , some people are still rooting for him .
Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by CJ310(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Stfo
Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by yemmit90: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
But he supported Buhari who was accused of this same thing in 2015.

Politicians are just useless beings.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by StUriah(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Armed robber sponsor is advising innocent and gullible Nigerians.

He always remind me of Offa Robbery case.

Saraki should tell us where his boys are.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Call there names....for example most northern politicians and....
Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Faiththatworks(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
I always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for president.
I totally agree with Senator Saraki about never electing people without academic certificate to rule Nigeria.
I don't understand how the President of a country as diverse, intellectual challenging,massive, as Nigeria will be headed by someone who can't be appointed as the Managing Director of a bank or even an agency like NNPC.
That's the biggest problem I see happening in Nigeria,the president is supposed to be in charge of agencies like the CBN,the Armed forces, Universities,NNPC and thousands of agencies all over the country, but yet we keep pushing mediocres to the front of the line.
As much as I support Senator Saraki's assessment of who should rule Nigeria,I will never agree to only one ethnic group having a monopoly at leadership in Nigeria.
Educated people are not only found in the Northern part of Nigeria,I don't understand why for the love of My great country,any sane human being will want to campaign for Alhaji Atiku after 8 years of President Buhari.
Power must shift to the South,it's only very selfish people that will queue behind Alh Atiku to rule Nigeria in 2023, sincerely it's an insult to every Southern in Nigeria,not only will it open the door for Northerns to reaffirm their superiority over Southerners, it's also a psychological defeat for every Southern.
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Xbaxxgga6x: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
Ok

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2022
We are Obidients
Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Muqtada: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2022
Are these foolish PDP URCHINS still using this same old format? Nawaoo una just Dey make opposition’s tire person

1 Like

Re: 2023: Those With Certificate Controversy Can’t Rule Nigeria - Bukola Saraki by Hoodvillex7: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2022
Trust talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Of Roads In Rivers State (the Home Of Red Mud!) / BRT Lane: Army Officers Fined 25,000 Each / 2019: Cracks In Presidential Candidates’ Alliance Over Buhari’s Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.