Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops (28918 Views)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: Gov. Lalong Tenders Public Apology To Catholics / Obiano Presents Cheque Of N423 Million To Catholic Mission Schools (Photos) / Why Sowore Should Tender An Unreserved Apology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by NigeriansTalkUp(f): 5:45am On Aug 13, 2022
The Director-General of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Campaign Council, Governor Simon Lalong, on Friday, tendered an unreserved apology to the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) over his ‘blasphemous’ remarks about the Holy Father, Pope Francis.

The governor of Plateau state, who admitted that it was an error on his part to have linked the Catholic Pontiff with Nigeria’s politics, begged for forgiveness and understanding from the Catholic Church through the Bishops’ conference.

Earlier, concerned members of the Church had frowned at his choice of words, even as a Papal Knight of St. Gregory and demanded his immediate suspension from the Church.

However, in a letter to the CBCN President entitled, ‘Letter of Apology’ which was dated August 12, 2022, Governor Lalong restated his commitment to the Catholic faith promised to continue upholding the banner of the Christian faith in public life.

The letter reads, “I have followed with some shock and deep regret, the reactions that have trailed my appointment as the Director-General of the Campaign Council for the Presidential Candidates of our Party, the All Progressive Congress, APC, Ahmed Bola Tinubu and Ibrahim Shettima.

“The appointment, understandably was received with mixed reactions across the Christian community who genuinely feel aggrieved by the decision of our party to settle for a Muslim Muslim ticket.

“While many people commended me for the appointment and saw it as a way of remaining within the system to fight for our own interests, others cast aspersions on it on the grounds that our faith had been insulted and denigrated.

“In the course of this, many of my opponents turned the issue into a political weapon with some spreading rumours and questioning the integrity of my credentials as a Catholic and a Papal Knight.

“In trying to make my case, I have granted interviews to justify why I believe that the appointment did not in any way undermine my commitment to the Catholic Church.

“During the week, in the course of defending myself, I had cause to make reference to my credentials as a Catholic and a Papal Knight. In the process, I made reference to the Holy Father.

“I now realise that this was an error on my part and has caused some level of concern and even embarrassment to many, especially the Members of the family of Papal Knights to which I belong.

“I now understand that I may have overreached myself in the course of trying to defend my personal decision in accepting this appointment and thus, the reference to the holy father was not intended as an act of disrespect to his exalted and revered office.

“Your Grace, by this written letter, I wish to tender my unreserved apologies and ask for their understanding and forgiveness from my brothers in the Catholic faith and, through you, the entire members of the Bishops’ Conference, our Fathers and our Leaders.

“My commitment to the Catholic faith to which i belong remains unreserved and undiluted. I will continue to uphold the banner of my faith in public life as I have done over the years.

“You may recall, Your Grace that in the last five or so years, i have been at the forefront of facilitating our dialogue as politicians with you our fathers in the faith. remain committed to this and pray that you will continue to encourage us as we ascend the slippery slope of politics.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/pope-lalong-tenders-unreserved-apology-to-catholic-bishops/amp/

221 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Toneypen247(m): 5:53am On Aug 13, 2022
The act of desperation of this Apc government and the 2023 presidential candidate should at least still have reverence for religious authorities. After making a caricature of Christian religious clerics by formulating the fake bishop scenario, you still have to bring it, particularly to the Catholic Church down to the Pope all in the name of desperation.

You see, a scam isn't just about holding a system or phone to dupe someone of their money, a scam also involves lies, acts of evil desperation and conscience. This present government is the worst scam so ever....trust me when I say that Nigerians are wise.

Come 2023, we will teach you people the game of politics by coming out in masses to vote out this evil government.

kindly check my signature below for your academic research services, assignments, and articles of topnotch quality and a Turnitin plagiarism report

338 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by excel101(m): 5:58am On Aug 13, 2022
So you can go this length to bring down the name of the Christian faith you're part of just because of politics. It makes it laughable when you're described as a Papal Knight at that.
Even the Tinubu you claim to work for, cannot do such to Islam.

420 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by BafanaBafana: 6:05am On Aug 13, 2022
As it is now, only Peter Obi is campaigning.
APC is very busy defending Muslim Muslim ticket and are goofing at every turn they take.
Atiku and Wike are doing Tom and Jerry. Though I like the way Atiku is handling Wike. Just sitting and watching him fool around.

464 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Karlovych: 6:05am On Aug 13, 2022
embarassed Druggie needs to apologize to Nigerians for his wickedness too, his wicked urchins have destroyed Lagos

313 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by SmartPolician: 6:11am On Aug 13, 2022
Criticize the Catholic Church all you want, but one thing you should give the universal church credit for is her discipline.

Rules are rules - we may bend it for you, believing that God will give you the grace to do the right thing. But when yours becomes a lost cause, the rules will apply.

Little wonder she has existed centuries upon centuries, making her the oldest organisation ever known to mankind.

Well done, Mr. Lalong, for doing the needful.

312 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by 4Kemzy(m): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2022
Apology unaccepted, you must resign the appointment and protest the Muslim-Muslim charade before we take you serious.
'God forbid Bat thing'

361 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by babyfaceafrica: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2022
Nobody cares....

Stop trying to please everybody.votes. People have already made their mind on who to vote

228 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by DukeofUmueri247: 6:19am On Aug 13, 2022
Apology accepted but we will meet at the poll.

264 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by teeytimi: 6:35am On Aug 13, 2022
You rubbish your own faith all because you want to please people that will at the end of the day call you infidel. Shame on you

364 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Bluntguy: 6:42am On Aug 13, 2022
He will still apologize again as long as he wants to remain politically relevant

241 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Bobloco: 6:46am On Aug 13, 2022
grin

205 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Felimax(m): 6:56am On Aug 13, 2022
Accepted or not every actions has consequences. Are you ready for the consequences of your actions?

Lalong, you are on quicksand.
APC is on quicksand.
Tinubu is on quicksand.

If you follow history very well you will know there is no government the church cannot bring down.

You will be duly served!
Apologies Accepted.

248 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by tuborme: 6:57am On Aug 13, 2022
nonsense and ingredients

219 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Freebills12: 6:58am On Aug 13, 2022
To defend this APC govt you must fall in to fallacy. To defend Tinibu's Muslim /Muslim ticket in a country ranked ninth most dangerous country in the whole world to be a Christian you must sound stupid.

247 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Gourdoinc(m): 7:19am On Aug 13, 2022
He should not be forgiven. He should be removed as a Knight of the church. He has abused his position and brought the faith to disrepute.

228 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Doubleoh7: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2022
It's as if the spirit of confusion has been sown in the midst of APC politicians. Some unnecessary utterances and steps they take, you will believe that the stars have aligned to make sure they loose the next election. Good luck with you and your apology oga DG but just know one thing for sure, you lost some followers the moment you made those remarks, of cos they will forgive you but will they forget, come election day?

229 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by ayoolataiwo(m): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2022
Always think before you talk not d other way round,dummie

218 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Evergreen4(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
You don't play politics with everything. Be mindful of what you say when standing on the podium. But whether he apologizes or not, Nigeria won't forgive APC for plunging into this poverty we're suffering today. We can't afford to get it wrong again.

217 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by crossfm: 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
Hehehe.

The hardest job right now in Nigeria is defending APC.

You will look so foolish and clueless.

227 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by nazicartel(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
You don't just involve the Pope in an inconsequential things like this. If the pope involves in Nigerian Politics. That means he will be involved in morethan 50 other elections in other countries

222 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Honourable1901(m): 8:41am On Aug 13, 2022
Tenders apology to hungry bishops undecided

Religion shouldn't have a place in public service !

196 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by EMXTAN1(m): 8:42am On Aug 13, 2022
Everything about this APC is just outright scam

216 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 13, 2022

198 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by 5iine: 8:42am On Aug 13, 2022

198 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Hoodvillex7: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2022
shocked hmm

198 Likes

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by asobo1: 8:43am On Aug 13, 2022
Drunkard of a governor. Always spewing rubbish without reasoning. Third time the inept is apologising for spewing rubbish. The same man who said Gov Ortom should reneged Benue anti grazing law to stop marauding herdsmen attack.
Sleekfingers:

Wailing wailer.....must you vote for Muslim Muslim? Abi, dem go point gun to your flat skull, during the election?
Vote for Christian Muslim or Muslim Christian candidate, and stop whining like a bitch
His choice and his wailing. undecided For the nonsense you typed below, you must be a nincompoop you terrorist

211 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope: Lalong Tenders Unreserved Apology To Catholic Bishops by Sleekfingers: 8:44am On Aug 13, 2022

193 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Accepts Charly Boy’s Apology Over Fake News / Senate Presidency: APC Tips South East / Janet Museveni Visits Aisha Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.